Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Best Game Ever?

Old December 5th, 2010, 6:14 am
Banned

Re: Best Game Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno View Post
The first Legend of Zelda is a good game, but I don't think it's the best game of all time or anything. I just don't think it has enough direction; it's pretty frustarating for me to be able to find the 7th dungeon before the 3rd. I would say my favorite Zelda game was Ocarina of Ages for the GBC. Absolutely fantastic.
It's funny, but in my esteem, I don't list the best Zelda game and the best game for the Zelda series as the same game. IMO, the best game in the Zelda series is Ocarina of Time, but the best Zelda game is A Link to the Past.

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2012, 3:08 pm
Banned

Ocarina because it took Zelda to new level. The graphics for the time were great. The world was so much bigger , with so much to do and explore. I love the Adventures of Link and A Link to the Past, but Ocarina just took everything that was great about Zelda and made it better.The feeling I got when I walked out (or ran) onto Hyrule Field with the sun going down was simple amazing. Probably the best moment in my video gaming experience.

Last edited by Hes; March 22nd, 2012 at 3:18 pm.
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:52 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

What do you think was the best game ever made?

It would be a four way tie between Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Golden Sun (including its sequels (I couldn't just pick one of them)).

What is your reason for your choice?

For Mario Bros., it's due to its fun game play and easy to listen to and easy to hum to music. I never get tired of the game itself. It's fun trying to see how long I'll live before getting hit by a baddie .

For Mario Bros. 3, pretty much same as above. Also add in good level designs, fun new powers and you have one really nice videogame, one that I won't forget .

For Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, pretty much the same as above. Add in enemies that show up in different levels, and more challenging levels... it's even more fun.

For the Golden Sun series, it comes down to the storyline. It's fun, funny and immersive. The gameplay in the series itself is worth the journey. The effects get better with it as the series goes along too. The graphics are worth seeing, they were great on the GBA (as in the first two games), and just as good on the DS. And the cut scenes are worth seeing as well. Summoning the different djinni and the big summons, such as Judgement and Eclipse are just awesome .

How did you feel when you were playing it?

Mario, Mario 3 and Mario: The Lost Levels: Happy, giddy almost. They're both fun pieces of nostalgia that I don't get tired of playing.

The Golden Sun Trilogy: Same as above, along with feeling a sense of adventure while playing it.

How did you feel when you completed it?

Mario: Elated; Mario 3: Same as Mario; Mario: The Lost Levels: Same as Mario.

The Golden Sun Trilogy: Same as above... along with feeling happy.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:07 pm
First Year

i agree with Wab the best games made were the oldest game. i especially love frogger and pacman. the best of the best though is pokemon. while i play frogger and pacman it's fustrating and fun at the same time for me there are to many war games out there and i think we need more games like these. with these games, there really isn't an ending. frogger and pacman go through levels until you die. the goal is to get the high score. for pokemon, you don't really end the game until you catch every single pokemon there is out there.

animagus:wolf. Patronus:wolf wand: Cedar, dragon heartstring. 14.5 inches
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:27 pm
First Year

auf jeden Fall: Topfschlagen

und Knack

absolutely: pan-hitting

and knack

Old May 25th, 2012, 1:23 pm
First Year

There are many great games: Red Dead Redemption, GTA series, Mass Effect Series, and others.

Old May 27th, 2012, 2:17 pm
Sixth Year

In terms of 'favourite' I'm going to say Uncharted 2. It was great fun - good characters, fun story, excellent gameplay - one of the few games I played through several times in a short space of time. It set the bar pretty high for that kind of adventure gaming.

In terms of 'best' then I am tempted to say Tetris, it is so simple but so good even to this day.

The game I have probably put the most hours into is Age of Empires - the original one The Sims probably comes quite close though! There are so many different genres of games it is hard to compare them side by side. I guess Ocarina of Time is the clear winner from this thread, although I liked Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Link's Awakening the best out of the Zelda franchise.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games