Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

What do you think are the best 3 movie-based games of all time?

Old December 4th, 2011, 8:24 pm
First Year

What do you think are the best 3 movie-based games of all time?

Normally, games that come out based on movies are TERRIBLE, but every now and then i'll come across one that I play for much longer than any original game. Some of them are even better than the movies themselves! Of course, some are just plain bad, such as pretty much any game ever made that is labeled "The Video Game" under the title. My top three would have to be:

3. Lego ____ (Traveler's Tales)
Since the debut of the first game, Lego Star Wars, I have been hooked. The Drop in/ Drop out style made it a perfect game for me and my brother. Since then, I have bought every game, except for the 2011 ones since they just make so many in one year now... Unfortunetly, it only makes #3 since the new games have been glitchy and lacking in characters (Im looking at you "Indiana Jones 2" and "Lego Harry 1-4")

2. Spiderman 2 (Activision)
Yes, this is a weird game, but it falls under the "better than the movie" category. Here, you get to play as Spiderman in a sprawling city, amazingly huge for a PS2/XBOX game, with all his imaginable powers. Throw in the real actors, hundreds of collectible tokens, a huge selection of villians, and Mysterio, one of the best bossfights ever made (but thats a different list all of itself) and you've got a game with enough free-roam and story to replay agin and again.

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (EA Games)
What, are you surprised? This is COS forums, you know! Ever since its release, I have been playing this game over and over again. It is the only Harry Potter game in which you can use any spell, go anywhere in Hogwarts, and even hop on you're brrom and fly around the castle. Sure, the Sorcerer's Stone remake came close, but only CoS had the many secrets and minigames I know and love. Don't forget the classic "Challenge in Everything" start up screen, and that familiar yell of a Gnome as he charges (Later reused as Crabbe and Goyle). Chamber of Secrets will always have a place in my heart, right next to my anger of missing out on the one card in Diagon Alley.

Honorable Mentions: Star Wars Battlefront 2, Quidditch World Cup, Toy Story 3

Last edited by Basilisk37; December 5th, 2011 at 1:57 am.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2011, 3:45 am
First Year

Re: What do you think are the best 3 movie-based games of all time?

There was a certain Aladdin game for the gameboy{not color} that I really liked. Didn't have anything to do so much with the original plot but it was good nonetheless.

*plooka plooka*

世界は美しくなんかない。そしてそれ故に美しい。
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games