Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:24 am
First Year

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

Not to sound stupid buttttt...
I have not heard a thing about these "Ultimate Film Collection Editions" and as I have mild OCD and MUST have the DVD's what are they/where can I get them/when?

Thanks in advance

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2009, 1:27 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelry View Post
Not to sound stupid buttttt...
I have not heard a thing about these "Ultimate Film Collection Editions" and as I have mild OCD and MUST have the DVD's what are they/where can I get them/when?

Thanks in advance
You could have read the thread to find this out, you know. But I'll explain it. The Ultimate Editions are for Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. They contain the original theatrical version on one disc and the extended versions on another. There are also exclusive bonus features like extended documentaries about the films. Each set has 4 DVDs. You can get them here and here.

Old December 25th, 2009, 10:49 am
First Year

hey just got the ultimate editions today, for christmas. haven't watched them yet but i plan to tomorrow, but i really love the whole packaging and look of it all. the photobook is great, and the oversized cards are pretty cool too. i think that by the sounds of reviews i have heard there i gonna be a lot of great stuff on this dvd, gonna find out tomorrow

Old December 25th, 2009, 2:01 pm
Third Year

Merry Christmas If you don't want to go with the whole Ultimate collection, Target has 2 exclusives of just the extended versions of the SS and CoS.

Last edited by Hes; December 25th, 2009 at 2:50 pm.
Old December 25th, 2009, 2:50 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Please be reminded that we do not allow advertisement of goods for sale on CoS forums.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old December 25th, 2009, 4:40 pm
Zonko's Employee

I too just received the SS Ultimate edition for Christmas this morning!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old December 25th, 2009, 8:35 pm
Third Year

i got the Ultimate Collector's Editions for christmas too! I'm really excited to watch them, the photobooks were great.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 9:21 pm
First Year

Any idea when the Ultimate Editions of the next movies will be coming out?

I've searched around the internet for hours and couldn't find anything, so I'm sure there really isn't anything that can be said about this yet, but are there any tentative release dates for the Ultimate Edition DVDs for the next 4 movies, or at the very least, the third film?

On the Sorcerer's Stone Ultimate Edition, there was a slip of paper that came in it that said that Ultimate Editions Years 3-7 were "Coming Soon". I got really excited when I saw this, but then I realized it said "7" was coming soon, which technically really isn't the case since that's, if anything, two years away (assuming they're putting all of Deathly Hallows into that one set).

Has David Heyman or anyone else said anything about the possible release date for the next couple Ultimate Editions?

Old January 4th, 2010, 1:00 am
Sixth Year

Re: Any idea when the Ultimate Editions of the next movies will be coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I've searched around the internet for hours and couldn't find anything, so I'm sure there really isn't anything that can be said about this yet, but are there any tentative release dates for the Ultimate Edition DVDs for the next 4 movies, or at the very least, the third film?

On the Sorcerer's Stone Ultimate Edition, there was a slip of paper that came in it that said that Ultimate Editions Years 3-7 were "Coming Soon". I got really excited when I saw this, but then I realized it said "7" was coming soon, which technically really isn't the case since that's, if anything, two years away (assuming they're putting all of Deathly Hallows into that one set).

Has David Heyman or anyone else said anything about the possible release date for the next couple Ultimate Editions?
Well, since the first two just came out, here is my best guess of when the rest will come out:

PoA & GoF: November 2010
OotP & HBP: November 2011
DHI & DHII: November 2012

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old January 4th, 2010, 1:11 am
Fourth Year

Re: Any idea when the Ultimate Editions of the next movies will be coming out?

Quote:

Sadly, no. I really wish we would get some word on it though. I have SS and CoS and absolutely loved them! Can't wait for the remaining 6.

Old January 4th, 2010, 4:25 am
Seventh Year

I got ss and cos for Christmas as well!! I watched the bonus disc with the making of the world and the characters one. I downloaded the digital copies today on my computer and they're now on my itouch the little book that comes withceach one is really neat and something any hardcore hp fan would like. The character cards are pretty cool too and by the time all 7 or 8 come out it'll be a really nice collection! I put in the special feaTures DVD that camecwirh the sorcerers stone one and I think it's pretty much the same as the special features on the original DVD. I wish they put some new special features on that disc. I don't know what they couldve put but itcwouldce been cool to get something new from each movie individually. It's a great buy though anyway! I can't wait to get the other editions!

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old February 6th, 2010, 9:39 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
t that said that Ultimate Editions Years 3-7 were "Coming Soon". I got really excited when I saw this, but then I realized it said "7" was coming soon,
DH2 is not the eightg year, so technically, they are correct in saying Years 3-7

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Last edited by ArryGrotter; February 6th, 2010 at 9:44 am.
Old March 24th, 2010, 6:58 pm
First Year

Just out of curiosity....are the bluray versions region free ?? I don't want to buy them and then find they don't work on my PS3. From the UK btw...

Old March 24th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggymoo View Post
Just out of curiosity....are the bluray versions region free ?? I don't want to buy them and then find they don't work on my PS3. From the UK btw...
Yes, they are Region Free.

Old April 4th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Banned

Don't know if it's been discussed before, but one thing I'd like to know is :

Will the Ultimate Edition of OOTP carry the Extended Three Hour version of the movie, that David Yates filmed ?

Here's a link to the details (top paragraph) about the 3 Hour film - http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ha...m%29#Omissions

I really want to see this three hour version because, apparently, it contains heaps of 'usable' footage!

Last edited by Jonny7003; April 4th, 2010 at 5:18 pm.
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:56 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7003 View Post
Don't know if it's been discussed before, but one thing I'd like to know is :

Will the Ultimate Edition of OOTP carry the Extended Three Hour version of the movie, that David Yates filmed ?

Here's a link to the details (top paragraph) about the 3 Hour film - http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ha...m%29#Omissions

I really want to see this three hour version because, apparently, it contains heaps of 'usable' footage!
I can't find any details about what the 3 hour version of OotP was like in the link. It's simply a list of things that were in the book, but not in the movie.
Are you assuming that they filmed everything and then trimmed it down? That's not how movie adaptations are made. It's more likely that the 3 hour version was a very rough cut. We know about a few scenes that have been filmed, but didn't make into the movie. However, most of the footage was probably cut in order to tighten the pacing, but leaving the individual scenes intact.

Old April 5th, 2010, 2:57 pm
Banned

The link says that "Director David Yates stated in an interview that he had originally shot a three hour film for Order of the Phoenix. However, some material had to be cut out in the final edit, as the movie was 45 minutes too long. Therefore, several locations which were used for various scenes, do not appear in the final cut of the film. In Verginia Water, scenes were shot where Professor McGonagall recovers from Stunning Spells, and Burnham Beeches was used for filming the scene where Hagrid introduces his fifth-year Care of Magical Creatures class to Thestrals. Harry skips stones in front of Bonnie Prince Charlie's Monument in Glenfinnan in another cut scene."

Just some of the scenes mentioned to have been filmed. http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...er-three-hours

There's also pictures floating around the internet for proof of this and, apparently, there is more footage that is usable that is not included on the Deleted Scenes feature.

Old April 5th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
The link says that "Director David Yates stated in an interview that he had originally shot a three hour film for Order of the Phoenix. However, some material had to be cut out in the final edit, as the movie was 45 minutes too long. Therefore, several locations which were used for various scenes, do not appear in the final cut of the film. In Verginia Water, scenes were shot where Professor McGonagall recovers from Stunning Spells, and Burnham Beeches was used for filming the scene where Hagrid introduces his fifth-year Care of Magical Creatures class to Thestrals. Harry skips stones in front of Bonnie Prince Charlie's Monument in Glenfinnan in another cut scene."

Just some of the scenes mentioned to have been filmed. http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...er-three-hours

There's also pictures floating around the internet for proof of this and, apparently, there is more footage that is usable that is not included on the Deleted Scenes feature.
Well, I certainly hope they can edit at least a few of those scenes back in. The deleted scenes on the DVD were so useless... I can see it now: "Extended edition of the movie with 1 minute of extra footage!"

Old April 5th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Second Year

That'll be cool.

Imagine what the extended version would include...More footage of our favorite characters, more visuals, etc. It would be worth on getting these dvds. I should see if I could put them on my Birthday List when my birthday comes...

Old April 5th, 2010, 5:17 pm
Second Year

Quote:
The link says that "Director David Yates stated in an interview that he had originally shot a three hour film for Order of the Phoenix. However, some material had to be cut out in the final edit, as the movie was 45 minutes too long. Therefore, several locations which were used for various scenes, do not appear in the final cut of the film. In Water, scenes were shot where Professor McGonagall recovers from Stunning Spells, and Burnham Beeches was used for filming the scene where Hagrid introduces his fifth-year Care of Magical Creatures class to Thestrals. Harry skips stones in front of Bonnie Prince Charlie's Monument in Glenfinnan in another cut scene."
I'm sorry, but I still can't find that quote in the link you posted above. Perhaps there is some kind of mixup. Did you accidentally copy & paste the wrong link in your original post?
Anyway, like jallen pointed out, putting back in the deleted scenes found on the DVD wouldn't be much of an "extended" cut. But even if you count the previously unseen stuff, e.g. the extended Snape's Worst Memory, etc, I doubt that's 45 minutes worth of footage.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies