Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

What would you do if you were President?

Old September 16th, 2009, 3:34 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: What would you do if you were President?

I think I'd really love the staff doing the laundry and cooking the meals and cleaning the house. No more microwave burritos or frozen pizza!

Without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years? - - Paul Ryan
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2009, 7:19 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Absolutely! Having a personal chef is a major plus! I really want a personal hair stylist.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old September 16th, 2009, 7:53 pm
Curse Breaker

An someone to give me massages whenever I want them. Can you imagine getting a foot rub and pedicure every day??? Ahhhhhhh..........

Without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years? - - Paul Ryan
Old September 16th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Looks like I need to become president or marry a guy who will become president...

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old September 17th, 2009, 5:11 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_mom View Post
I think I'd really love the staff doing the laundry and cooking the meals and cleaning the house. No more microwave burritos or frozen pizza!
Hey, hey, hey!!! Now, wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! I happen to love frozen pizzas!!!! As President, I would insist on a supply of Tombstone Frozen Pizzas ready to be tossed in the oven at my beck and call!

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old September 17th, 2009, 7:10 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I like frozen pizza, too, it's like sometimes I want frozen pizza and sometimes I want delivery. Choices! We need choices!

Old September 17th, 2009, 7:16 pm
Curse Breaker

There is nothing better than frozen cookie dough. Why bother with heating up the oven and cooking it.....

Old September 17th, 2009, 7:24 pm
Purveyor of Prophesy

Widow of U.S. Serviceman Killled in Action Denied Entry To USA

One thing I would do is rip through the red tape that causes problems like that noted above.

For those not interested in reading the whole link, I will summarize:

A U.S. Marine, stationed in Okinawa met, subsequently fell in love with, and conceived a child with a young Okinawan woman. After 13 months of bliss, and trying to conceive a child, with the intentions of marriage, he was deployed to Iraq, where he was killed in action a month later. Only a couple weeks before his death, she discovered her pregnancy, and he made arrangements for a Proxy Wedding to secure Military Dependent benefits for his love and his child. Now, the State Department is not recognizing the marriage, and denying her entry to live in his family's home in Tennessee, claiming because he never actually consummated the wedding (despite the fact she was pregnant with his child prior to proxy vows) that the marriage is invalid.

This child will grow up never knowing his father, and she has lost her dear love. As President, I would issue an Executive Order granting her permanant resident status.

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old September 17th, 2009, 7:27 pm
Curse Breaker

I totally agree. That's one of those instances where whomever made the decision needs to be bopped upside the head.

Old September 17th, 2009, 9:28 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigdoctorbri View Post
Widow of U.S. Serviceman Killled in Action Denied Entry To USA

One thing I would do is rip through the red tape that causes problems like that noted above.

For those not interested in reading the whole link, I will summarize:

A U.S. Marine, stationed in Okinawa met, subsequently fell in love with, and conceived a child with a young Okinawan woman. After 13 months of bliss, and trying to conceive a child, with the intentions of marriage, he was deployed to Iraq, where he was killed in action a month later. Only a couple weeks before his death, she discovered her pregnancy, and he made arrangements for a Proxy Wedding to secure Military Dependent benefits for his love and his child. Now, the State Department is not recognizing the marriage, and denying her entry to live in his family's home in Tennessee, claiming because he never actually consummated the wedding (despite the fact she was pregnant with his child prior to proxy vows) that the marriage is invalid.

This child will grow up never knowing his father, and she has lost her dear love. As President, I would issue an Executive Order granting her permanant resident status.
That is just heartbreaking.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives