Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Oscars 2009

Old April 12th, 2009, 5:48 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Re: Oscars 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbledores1fan View Post
Ben Stiller and Natalie Portman were funny, and so were Steve Martin and..... AHHH, I am momentarily forgetting her name, even though I know I know it!
Tina Fey

And yeah Ben Stiller's imitation of Joaquin Phoenix was hilarious

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here

Last edited by lilyrose; April 12th, 2009 at 6:04 am.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2009, 3:31 am
Second Year

I'm a little late commenting on this thread, but I haven't been on CoS long...
I loved the Oscars this year. I had not seen most of the best picture nominees. I plan to see most of them at some point. The only one I have seen so far is The Reader, but I liked it. As far as best actor I was not sure who would win. However I am glad Mickey Rourke and Sean Penn each got something this awards season. For Best Actress, I was really hoping to see Kate Winslet win. I thought she was amazing in The Reader, as well as Revolutionary Road. And I noticed someone was confused about why she was not nominated for that...She was supposed to be in the best actress categories for Revolutionary Road and the best supporting actress categories for The Reader. However, Oscar voters felt her performance was more leading in The Reader and wrote in their votes for it instead of Revolutionary Road. And as far as I know, you can only be nominated once in each category...Either way I was glad she won. I thought she deserved it. And I was glad to see Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep walk away with some awards this season also. I have not seen the Dark Knight but I was glad Heath Ledger won.
I thought Hugh Jackman was a great host and really enjoyed the idea of the 5 past winners presenting the nominees. I hope they continue with that idea.

Old August 7th, 2009, 6:13 am
Second Year

Isn't kind of unfair the same movies get nominated over and over again? D=

Old August 7th, 2009, 7:35 am
The Next Great Adventurer

They don't. A movie can only be nominated once in each category.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives