Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.11

Old April 2nd, 2012, 2:29 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Pottermore v.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by potter_gleek View Post
The Pottermore Insider says they've got staff and partners of the site to help test it out.
I agree - staff member. I also suspect they were testing dueling during maintenance because, just before maintenance, Slytherin had about 60 more points than Ravenclaw, and right when maintenance ended, Ravenclaw was far ahead of Slytherin, and I've noticed this trend each time the site goes into maintenance.

Quote:
I've heard that apparently the site might open to the public today. On Facebook, a group for the Pottermore Insider (I'm not sure if it is official but it seems to correspond with all the posts on their Twitter and site) has set up an event for 'Pottermore Public Release' on April 2nd at 01:00. I know friends who would be excited to get in, but I haven't heard this anywhere else.
I noticed that as well. One interesting thing is that it lists April 2nd at 1 am as the starting time, which has already passed, and the site still hasn't corrected the issue with the friends' list. Maybe they'd originally planned today as Opening Day, until the latest glitch?

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2012, 4:30 pm
Second Year

Pottermore was up earlier this morning, but is now down for me. Perhaps they're correcting the friends issue and prepping for opening?

I really hope they get the missing friends, missing spellbooks/potions ingredients, and other problems solved before opening to the public.

ETA: When I first checked the Insider, there was nothing about it; I just went back to take a second look and now there's a message up that they've taken the site off-line to look into user problems. Here's the message:

"We have taken pottermore.com offline for a few hours in order to further investigate some of the disruptions that users have been experiencing recently. We will let you know here and on Twitter once the work is complete."

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old April 4th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Via Twitter ( #thenakedbook) CEO of Pottermore Charles Redmayne has given an (radio) interview to the naked book. He said that in three days more then 1 million pounds worth of E-books have been sold. And the site will open with only the first book. The other books will come out over "months".

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old April 5th, 2012, 1:05 am
Seventh Year

Pottermore is back online and it looks to me like the issues with the friends' list and missing items have been resolved.

I think it's leaving Beta shortly.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old April 5th, 2012, 2:03 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Please enlighten me cause I have been too busy to read over the changes in terms of use and stuff we were sent.

For those of us who have little ones aged 8 and 10 who want to join but will be using the same computer as mommy, how will that work? How will they know I am not trying to have multiple accounts?

I did skim through and read they will need my permision and e mail and stuff , but did not read throughly to find an answer to my question but decided to post it here .

Sorry , I apologize , I am not being lazy , its just both my little ones are quite sick at the moment with a dreadful virus called " rotavirus " but despite their sickness , keep asking when will it open and when will they get sorted. ( I dunno where they get this obseesion with Potter anyway ) So if any of you knows , and could clariffy this for me , I would be most grateful.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 5th, 2012, 9:30 am

As far as I can see having more than one account on an IP-address is no problem (for families). As long as no rules are broken (rules like no bullying etc)

But if you want to be sure, you can send them an email: "You can send us a query by using the contact form available in the Child Safety section of our Help pages."

Last edited by Hes; April 5th, 2012 at 11:45 am.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:12 am
First Year

Waiting is driving me crazy! Do we think today's the day?

Old April 5th, 2012, 11:29 am

Some people on Twitter think it will be after Easter (so Tuesday) since it's likely the Pottermore people will have some days off and they will need people to handle the increase in activity. But we will see. Chatting about the wait can be done at the Pitchside

Old April 5th, 2012, 2:39 pm
Seventh Year

Pottermore is now having issues with dueling. I just beat fellow a Ravenclaw in dueling, and got points for it, and I never even duel my own house. Not only that, the down arrow under My Duels isn't working, and I have 2 challenges waiting I can't respond to.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; April 5th, 2012 at 2:53 pm.
Old April 5th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Second Year

Dueling is a mess right now. I actually was matched up against myself twice today - no points given though. I've been matched up against fellow Slytherins on duels I know were sent to Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I also cannot scroll down and from what I've heard, no one can. It seems like they fixed some things, but somehow broke other things.

I hope they can get everthing in order for the opening.

Old April 5th, 2012, 5:26 pm
First Year

Looks like they tried to fix the problems but dueling is playing up alot :-s I'm sure they will fix it soon!

And I've heard alot of people guess it will open to all after Easter, which I agree with, I don't think they'll open it on the bank holiday, I imagine they will need their people to be working around the clocks to stop the website from crashing and overloading!

adfoot:
From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: she landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
'After all this time?'
'Always'
Old April 5th, 2012, 7:34 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Well, Easter is Sunday, so not long to wait if they are to open it after Easter. It just means they aren't opening it today, tomorrow, Saturday, or on Easter. Even though I am already in I am anxious for it to open to the public.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old April 6th, 2012, 1:21 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
As far as I can see having more than one account on an IP-address is no problem (for families). As long as no rules are broken (rules like no bullying etc)

But if you want to be sure, you can send them an email: "You can send us a query by using the contact form available in the Child Safety section of our Help pages."
Thank you very much! I will write then .

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:55 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Via Twitter ( #thenakedbook) CEO of Pottermore Charles Redmayne has given an (radio) interview to the naked book. He said that in three days more then 1 million pounds worth of E-books have been sold. And the site will open with only the first book. The other books will come out over "months".
Does this mean it could be around a book every couple of months? When Pottermore first started I got the impression that they intended to release maybe one or two books a year, but if that was still the case I presume he would have over several years as opposed to 'months'.

Twitter - @NiallJAdams
Old April 6th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by potter_gleek View Post
Does this mean it could be around a book every couple of months? When Pottermore first started I got the impression that they intended to release maybe one or two books a year, but if that was still the case I presume he would have over several years as opposed to 'months'.
It could be. However I think we've all learned over this past year to take everything with a grain of salt. You never know how many gremlins (aka bugs) they will encounter along the way.

Old April 6th, 2012, 7:39 pm
Third Year

Duelling is being really weird because when I send a duel request to Slytherin house or Ravenclaw or whatever for some reason it's putting me against fellow Hufflepuffs sometimes! It's very weird and also annoying because I get no points for beating fellow puffs. It also doesn't show much duel history right now so I'm unable to scroll and find the duel request someone sent me.

Old April 12th, 2012, 3:53 pm
Seventh Year

Pottermore has been taken offline again for updates.

Hopefully dueling will be corrected, and we'll get the opening date later today.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old April 12th, 2012, 4:18 pm
First Year

Wouldn't it be lovely since the mid of April is upon us and Ms. Rowling just launched her new site, they open it for everyone when it comes back online? Crossing my fingers! Hopefully this isn't off topic for this thread so that's all I'll say. Just wish I had something more on-topic to add soon. I've heard so much about it and the new things they've added. #stayingoptimistic

Old April 12th, 2012, 6:52 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
Please enlighten me cause I have been too busy to read over the changes in terms of use and stuff we were sent.

For those of us who have little ones aged 8 and 10 who want to join but will be using the same computer as mommy, how will that work? How will they know I am not trying to have multiple accounts?

I did skim through and read they will need my permision and e mail and stuff , but did not read throughly to find an answer to my question but decided to post it here .

Sorry , I apologize , I am not being lazy , its just both my little ones are quite sick at the moment with a dreadful virus called " rotavirus " but despite their sickness , keep asking when will it open and when will they get sorted. ( I dunno where they get this obseesion with Potter anyway ) So if any of you knows , and could clariffy this for me , I would be most grateful.
I know this isn't exactly the same as we are both over the age but my hubby and I both have beta accounts using the same IP address and we have never had a problem with either account *well apart from the usual Pottermore problems with potions!).

Old April 12th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuran View Post
Wouldn't it be lovely since the mid of April is upon us and Ms. Rowling just launched her new site, they open it for everyone when it comes back online? Crossing my fingers! Hopefully this isn't off topic for this thread so that's all I'll say. Just wish I had something more on-topic to add soon. I've heard so much about it and the new things they've added. #stayingoptimistic
I think the plan, so far as I recall, was to separate her personal website from the HP content - which was to go into Pottermore. So if her new website is up, and Pottermore is making updates, I'm guessing we're probably about done with the beta.

* crosses fingers*

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References