Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore

Old June 16th, 2011, 6:21 am
Squee-worthy

Re: Pottermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
but we are still excited!! It's been a lonnng time since we had anything new from JKRowling. I thought it would be an on-line encyclopedia like the Lexicon only because some fans said it wasn't a book. Maybe Pottermore will be a place where we can ask Jo questions about the books and she will answer. oh wait, I thought that is why she had a Twitter account.
It definitely has me intrigued about what it could be, but I'm not sure how excited I am just yet. I'm waiting to see exactly what it is before I get my hopes up.

Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2011, 6:27 am
Ordo Lebes

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of happy those pics were fake. As fun as it would be to have an online encyclopedia, I'm with those who would prefer a hard copy. Also, the social networking side of it sounded a bit... blah. We've already got those, even Harry Potter ones. I'd much prefer the mmorpg, so if that's still a possibility, I'm VERY happy.

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old June 16th, 2011, 6:36 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyDreamsOn View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of happy those pics were fake. As fun as it would be to have an online encyclopedia, I'm with those who would prefer a hard copy. Also, the social networking side of it sounded a bit... blah. We've already got those, even Harry Potter ones. I'd much prefer the mmorpg, so if that's still a possibility, I'm VERY happy.
What about for people who are practically broke and can't afford the Encyclopaedia? What would they do if they wanted to do some Potter-research? I'm not saying that I disagree, because I too would prefer to have the book in my hand, but still...

I too would probably like the mmorpg the best, but barring that, I would be thrilled over the Encyclopaedia, especially because if it's online, it can be updated if JKR decides that she wants to add something or change something.

Old June 16th, 2011, 6:46 am
Fourth Year

I personally would much profer what those images show to an MMORPG. If an MMO was being made i doubt Rowling would be this involved in it. It would most likely be treated just like any other Harry Potter game.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old June 16th, 2011, 6:50 am
Conquering Reading Lists

I'm so excited about something new coming from JKR, that I'm not even too worried what it will be! It was fun waiting for the 10 coordinates - it reminded me of those days when we would be staring endlessly at her website hoping to find clues about the next book. I'm delighted!

I'm guessing Pottermore may have, in addition to many other things, something related to the final movie. What exactly, I'm obviously not sure. But the timing is making me think so.

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old June 16th, 2011, 7:09 am
First Year

I'm so unbelievably excited!!!!!! I really hope it has something to do with the Encyclopedia, because we've been getting clues about it for so long now. As she has said, Pen and Paper are her first priority. I'm getting a feeling though that it's probably going to be some sort of online game, and even though I've never been one to play those sorts of things, I would give it a go. I'm just so happy we have something to look forward too and gossip about endlessly.

" Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

Old June 16th, 2011, 7:15 am
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsDisciple View Post
What about for people who are practically broke and can't afford the Encyclopaedia? What would they do if they wanted to do some Potter-research? I'm not saying that I disagree, because I too would prefer to have the book in my hand, but still...
The information, like the information from all the other books, would of course make it online. Either to the Lexicon, Wikipedia or just summaries of people who have read the books.

I guess I could see Jo deciding to release the information publicly instead of forcing her fans to buy another book. But she could, like with the other add-on books, donate and profit she makes from another book to charity.

Old June 16th, 2011, 7:22 am
Second Year

Has anyone noticed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door at jkrowling.com?
You have to turn the timeturner to today's date.

Feedback

Vote here for who you think should be the next UK Minister for Magic.

Hermione/Neville for MOM '08!!!
Commitment, Competence, Compassion! (our spotlight thread)
Old June 16th, 2011, 8:07 am
Fourth Year

The Do not Disturb sign is gone and there is a note. I think we'll be looking at an encyclopedia... I'm not really sure though..

"I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page."

- George Clooney, on his aversion to the social networking site.
Old June 16th, 2011, 8:14 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Wow, I am really interested to see what this is! Very happy that Jo is returning to HP

I still have the Do Not Disturb sign...

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old June 16th, 2011, 8:28 am
Fourth Year

Me too what does the note say?

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:09 am
Fourth Year

Ok.. I'm at a lost here. There is still no Do not disturb sign on the door, but now if I open the door there is the Family tree we found a few years ago...

How come other people see a do-not-disturb sign and I don't and I find old junk???

"I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page."

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:10 am
Fourth Year

Have you used the time turner to change it to todays date?

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:19 am
She Who Walks Behind

Yes, but I also see the "Do not disturb sign".

What's the official twitter site?

I say it's an online game platform. Like WoW... World of Witchcraft!!!

The End of the Dream.

Last edited by Tenshi; June 16th, 2011 at 9:28 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 9:23 am
Fifth Year

Encyclopedia, roleplaying site, I don't mind. Just glad JKR is returning to HP!

If we take the title literally, it means more Potter...maybe more books? (A prequel with the Marauders? Please, JKR? )

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:34 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_potter_fan View Post
Have you used the time turner to change it to todays date?
Yep... I have. But even if I don't, there is still no do-not-disturb sign. She's playing tricks on us... I know it...

Quote:
World of Witchcraft
Wouldn't that be nice... LotRo... HPonline... I don't think I'll be able to leave my computer..

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:55 am
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusandme View Post
Yep... I have. But even if I don't, there is still no do-not-disturb sign. She's playing tricks on us... I know it...
Did you click the time turner after changing the date?

The End of the Dream.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:22 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
Did you click the time turner after changing the date?
Uhm... No?? Do I have to? I'll try it right now...

Edit: you're right. Now even I see the sign.

Last edited by Siriusandme; June 16th, 2011 at 10:29 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:24 am
Third Year

Wow, this is so intriguing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 View Post
If we take the title literally, it means more Potter...maybe more books? (A prequel with the Marauders? Please, JKR? )
Or more information, refering to the encyclopedia take on this. Also with a web based encyclopedia I surpose there would always be the oppotunity to have it updated.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE,If It Has To Come To Force,Then It Will
You Have To Be Prepared For What Your Up Against!!
What Are Your Strengths?
Old June 16th, 2011, 10:37 am
Fourth Year

I'm quite liking the idea of the online encyclopedia, and I think it's the most likely. If it was a social networking site or massive online game then I don't think JKR would be as involved as she seems to be. Like others, I would prefer the encyclopedia as an actual book, but beggars can't be choosers

I've not felt this giddy since back before DH was released, JKR really knows how to make her fans relive their childhoods of staring at that door on her website waiting for it to open

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots

Last edited by gelowo93; June 16th, 2011 at 10:39 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References