Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.4

Old June 27th, 2011, 10:26 am
Eldest Gruff

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.4

Neat. Admins can post in closed threads.

I shall misuse this feature and use the opportunity to, very calmly, add some thoughts about the HP character we all discuss in here.

It seems to me that this particular student got indeed bullied as kid. For particular the marauders didn't make his life easier. We do seem, however, disagree a lot about the nature of bullying, own responsibilities, triggers, which cause it, and in which moments bullying is not acceptable and in which it might be.
Is there something like 'fair' bullying after all? Would we accept it, if, dunno, a mean and evil kid get's bullied? What defines an evil kid? Is it the boy, who has a different take on life? Do we accept it if someone who got bullied all the time, does the same thing to others?
Is it possible that people gang-up against the weakest student, although they actually feel treated unfairly by a fully different situation?
Do we even realize what we do, if we gang-up against others or does this happen accidentally? Do we excuse our actions with factual explanations?
And why did the teachers never act upon it? They're wizards with super powers, aren't they? They must have seen if people gang-up against a single student. After all, this would have been very obvious.

I'm aware that our Muggle World never really compares to Magical Potter World, though. Nor does this forums, which only works as micro cosmos to real life situations on very few levels and is, after all, simply not important enough in the greater scale of things. I believe, however, that many things happen on here which you, in my view, very reasonable, kind and simply great people would never start to do in your 'offline' lives.
In an ideal world I'd wish that nobody would ever gang-up against a single member or - if someone believes that showing himself responsible for his own behaviour isn't appropriate - at least take it up with those who caused the current discomfiture.

For now a bit reflection on what you actually believe you're doing would rock, though.
Thank you.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Sponsored Links

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References