Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premiere parties

Old January 14th, 2011, 2:32 am
First Year

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premiere parties

First off, I would like to say that I'm new here, but I hope that that does not detract people from responding to this post.

Now, to what I want to get to with this topic. It is probably old news now to probably the majority of us here that the US Premiere of HPatDH-P1 in New York did not go well at all. As I heard it, neither of the trio came up to the fans to sign anything let alone take pictures, though I am not sure if any of the other cast members interacted with the fans. The location of Deathly Hallows - Part 2 US premiere is unknown at the moment, but the big question is... "Will it be worth it to make the trip, be it LA or NY or wherever it is chosen to be, in hopes that this time around, with it being the last film and everything, Watson, Grint, and Radcliffe will actually interact with fans that have followed them since they were just kids?" I ask this because I am planning to go to this premiere, wherever it is. It is very likely that this will be the last chance we will have to be able to see these stars together here in the states and get their autographs and what not. Has anyone here ever gotten the chance to attend a premiere and gotten an authograph or anything of the sort?

I am very curious to know what you guys think of this whole thing, so I'll appreciate all your answers.

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2011, 2:30 pm
First Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premieres

I think that they will let the stars interact with fans for the final premire! Whoever organizes the premires probably herd all the fans complaining about not being able to see the stars. Plus, it is the last one so they can't screw anything up! LoL! I think you should definently try going to the premiere. By the way I am new here too!

Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:47 am
Sixth Year

My impression of the whole NY premier was it more about the venue than WB. I dont' know why, but it seems like they had more control over London and NY seemed to be just whatever they could get. The stars weren't interacting because the venue chosen did not provide a safe arena for interacting. I think WB needs to be hearing their US fans on this and provide accordingly.

Old February 17th, 2011, 8:50 am
Second Year

Countdown is on.....

In high anticipation of July 15th 2011, (how far away I know it may seem) I am already deliberating on how soon in advance to purchase tickets for the midnight showing of DH:2. Also, trying to figure out other plans for the event. Does anyone else know what they would like to take part in on the day of the final HP movie release? Who you plan on seeing it with? Etc.

Behold, the ending may be the beginning of this most magical to come! *crossing fingers for JKR to continue the series*

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:22 pm
Malum Veneficus

It doesn't seem that far off to me,! . Really, just five months and we'll be saying Good-bye to HP. I'm still not thinking much about the details; who I'm going to take along and so on.. I just hope I'll be able to attend. I'll try to purchase the ticket as soon as they're available, to make sure I'll be going, I don't want to wait to the last moment as I did with P1 .

Thanks to my secret sigswitch maker, for the wonderful avatar and signature!

Sig/avatar pictures by Cassandra Austen.
Old February 17th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Second Year

i'll just foolow what i've done for the past decade.

i've always seen HP in the same cinema (even though i've moved house and the cinema i go to is like 3 hours away!!).

i've always seen each HP film with the same friend. that's a funny story in itself. when i went to see PS i went on my own, cos my friends weren't fans of it. whilst i was waiting in the queue for the evening showing i met another fan who had come on her own and we ended up having seats that were right next to each other! we got chatting during the ads and trailers and since then we've gone to see each film together. how lovely. harry potter really does bring people together!

i've always seen HP at the same time - the evening showing, which for my local cinema is usually 8:30pm.

in fact, because i always got to the same cinema at the same time, i've started to notice that there is always the same crowd of faces each time. it's nice to have a chatter once a year with other hp fans. and, when i go to see the film the following day, again, it's usually the same peolpe there again, all eager to see it again!

i've always booked my tickets a month in advance. i go so regulalry to that cinema that the attendant that works there usually knows exactly what seat i want and when.

but as mad as i am about hp, i will not be going to the premieres. i went once and i just got wet. and cos everyone was putting their umbrellas up u couldn't see the stars let alone talk to them. complete waste of time and you just end up freezing your *** off for 12 hrs.
i also won't be going to any harry potter parties, or sleepovers or events. i think that's more of a thing in the US than in Britain (or at least the area that i'm in.) plus, hp is kinda personal to me. i don't like to celebrate it with hundreds of people crammed in a room. i would rather have a good fan debate with a few select friends.

i'm also determined NOT to cry like a baby at the end. i haven't cried in any of them yet, not even when sirius, dumbledore or dobby died. again, not because i'm cold-hearted, but because i'm aware of the hundreds of people seated around me in the cinema. i'd rather have a private weep in my bedroom.

although judging by what i've already seen of part 2 in the trailers, i'm gonna be bawling my eyes out.

will i feel sad that hp has ended?
i have to say no.

hp was a massive part of my childhood, but sadly, i've grown up and a lot of that magic which you experienced as a child has gone, when you're faced with the cold reality of bills to pay and a boring job to go to.
but i still dealry love hp and feel so proud to have grown up in the generation where magic really happened.
so yeah, i may feel a few twinges of sadness when those credits roll up the screen, but more than anything i hope to feel a great sense of acheivement and completion.

geez, i've just looked back and realised i've written an essay! i'll shut up now!

Until the very end.
Old February 17th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Second Year

I understand what you are saying about not being that upset. On the other hand, for me, it is an escape from work, bills, rent, and all other living expenses and such in the adult world. I don't think I would ever be able to one day say, (if any of my friends or better half asked) "No, I don't want to watch Harry Potter. It's for children, its lame." It's just simply.....a wonderful escape to when things were easy!

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Old April 8th, 2011, 2:05 pm
First Year

What are you doing for HP+DH (pt2) Premiere Night?

Hello All! Long time HP fan, first time forum user, i tried to search to see if this was already discussed, my apologies if a similar thread exists!

July 14/15th is fast approaching, the day we have all been looking forward to/dreading for so many years.

What are you and yours doing to celebrate the big night? Dressing up? Planning games? Drinks after to drown your sorrows? Does your local cinema go all out? I'm hoping my local cinema will pull out all the stops this year, I have even sent them a suggestive email :P

Old April 9th, 2011, 8:28 am
First Year

Man I just want to know where the premiere will be. I really hope it's in LA, I just really want to see the trio together in real life.

Old April 10th, 2011, 1:11 am
First Year

wish they would have one in aussie or nz.
i'd fly to aussie for it

Old April 10th, 2011, 1:40 am
Fifth Year

I wish they'd have one in Canada.

But alas, they don't. :P

Old April 10th, 2011, 3:15 am
Fourth Year

Personally, I'm really hoping for the premiere to be in LA! I would have a high chance of going if it were. And it would be amazing to be able to go to the premiere of the last one. I've never been to one, but they sound great!

Marauders' girl through and through.
Padfoot is my love

Old April 10th, 2011, 3:44 am
Third Year

I really hope there's one in LA, Hollywod would be a great place for the premiere. I mean its HOLLYWOOD! A place famous for movies and movie stars

{Magnolia class 0f 2010}
Ron & Hermione Forever
Old April 12th, 2011, 8:37 am
First Year

i live in australia, so i wasn't talking about going to the major premiere, i just mean opening night at your local cinema. what is everyone doing for it?

Old April 27th, 2011, 2:07 pm
First Year

my friends and i are going to dinner then taking a carriage ride to the cinema, so excited!!

Old May 2nd, 2011, 6:49 am
First Year

Tips for premieres

Hi! I'm new here and I'm not sure this is the right board, but I tried to look around and this one seems to be it.

I'm planning on going to the London premiere this year, but I've never been to one before. I was wondering if anyone who actually went to one or more had any tips to share. I've heard one has to be there 24 hrs earlier, but I've been wondering if anyone's planning on doing more than that considering it's the last movie that will be released. I also heard one should take stuff that stands out to get autographs because it's easier to catch someone's eye that way. And finally, I was told you either take a pic or get an autograph because it's crazy.

Any tips? Thoughts? How does it all work?

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:57 am
First Year

Hey Lulicita.
I'll also be attending the London premier. I've not been to one before either, but seeing as I'm travelling all the way from Australia, I wouldn't hesitate in camping out longer than 24hrs

I'm going with my cousin and we've booked a hotel close to Trafalgar square so the plan is to just gauge when fans first start camping out, and we'll follow suit. In regard to getting something signed or taking a photo, I suppose there's no harm in trying both, but again I'm new at this too.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 1:00 pm
First Year

New York Midnight Screening

Hi there,
I swear I've looked around and couldn't find the info I need so I thought I'd quickly post this.

I'm Caity, I'm from Australia and am traveling to London/New York this June/July. This means I have to go to the midnight screening in New York instead. I always dress up and have a huge party for every movie release, ever since the first film, it's usually bigger than Christmas and my Birthday combined. I plan on doing the same even if I'm by myself in an unknown city.
I was wondering if any of you know the best place in New York to go to the midnight screening, I've already started my costume, complete with pockets for tissues to wipe away the river of tears I will be crying, hehe.
I would love to hear from any of you New Yorkians!

Melbourne Muggles are already planning their midnight screening so I thought I'd try and book my ticket for the NY one quickly.
If anyone could give me any tips about the best cinemas, or groups that organise them, I'd be forever grateful and will share my redvines and Potter Puppet Pals Cupcakes with you at the screening. hehe.

I'm also going to be in London for the premiere, so if anyone knows how long people usually line up for before the event, that'd be awesome to know too so I can plan my holiday around that!

I'm new to this forum, but have been a Harry Potter fanatic since 1998 when I first read the books in Grade 1.

Last edited by Hes; May 3rd, 2011 at 1:06 pm.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:56 am
Second Year

Does anyone know where exactly premieres will be?

Of course London.
Probably LA too because they usually have one there as well or NYC?
and I heard something about Paris too but i don't know if that is true.
Can anyone tell me?
Are there any premieres planned for Germany? Probably not :/

Old May 7th, 2011, 8:37 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by acciowinter View Post
Does anyone know where exactly premieres will be?

Of course London.
Probably LA too because they usually have one there as well or NYC?
and I heard something about Paris too but i don't know if that is true.
Can anyone tell me?
Are there any premieres planned for Germany? Probably not :/
I think the american premiere is always in NYC, not LA.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References