Old December 27th, 2010, 8:25 pm
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [NO SPOILERS]

i can not wait for the break in at gringotts and the dragon sooo awesome

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2011, 7:30 pm
Second Year

I'm hoping that I stay spoiler-free for DH 2...but it's definitely hard.
I really hope that the scene with Narcissa asking about Draco to Harry while he's lying on the floor turns out to be good. That whole Harry and LV confrontation scene is really important and I hope it turns out good as with the Battle at Hogwarts, James, Sirius, Lupin and Lily in the forest with Harry, the Prince's Tale, the epilogue, and all of the death scenes.

©GryffnSoldier
| USE KNOWLEDGE FOR POWER |
PROUD SLYTHERCLAW

HereThere
Old January 2nd, 2011, 9:39 pm
First Year

I deffinatley hope they show harry and ginny and ron and hermione with their kids and draco in that scene and make it purly epic! imo, this should be the best hp movie yet, it is the finale of a great series and hope they make it something we'll all remember and want more and cry when we leave, I am open to anything that goes on in pt.2 of DH, It'd be a shame not to show their kids at the end..I just hope the epilougue (i think it's called) it's amazing as I think it'll be..but mind you i'm open to how it comes out! i'm happy with anything!

Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:33 pm
First Year

i agree with gryffindorgirl15, i really hope they make it memorable, because after all, it is the very final installment of the harry potter series.

there are certain scenes that i really hope they do not cut at all, like the king's cross scene, the prince's tale, and at the end when harry consults dumbledore about the 3 hallows. i hope they end it in a good way as well.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:28 am
First Year

yes, the very last scene should be really beautiful and memorable. the epilogue is the scene that i'm looking forward to the most.

Last edited by SummerBelle; January 3rd, 2011 at 2:40 pm.
Old January 4th, 2011, 3:02 am
Second Year

Yeah I really hope the re-shot epilogue turns out good. I mean, they did say that it was "rushed" so I'm hoping they really take their time and really commit to this scene. I also hope that the old epilogue is part of the DVD as the deleted scenes.

©GryffnSoldier
| USE KNOWLEDGE FOR POWER |
PROUD SLYTHERCLAW

HereThere
Old January 4th, 2011, 3:19 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupinsHowl786 View Post
I really hope that the scene with Narcissa asking about Draco to Harry while he's lying on the floor turns out to be good.
I hope they do not choose to give this redemptive moment to someone else. I am a bit wary since they changed Grindelwald's moment of redemption, but am trying to tell myself they did that to streamline the story. I have this fear they might give the redemptive moment to Wormtail since they didn't kill him in the first film. Narcissa's fleeting act of compassion, even if it was selfishly motivated, caught me so off guard the first time I read it. I love the inclusion of the Malfoys in the battle, how they are desperately searching for each other and they're there in the background at the end. I REALLY hope this stays in and they do not give that moment to someone else.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old January 4th, 2011, 1:19 pm
Fourth Year

I honestly don't think they are going to give that moment to anyone else, and certainly not Wormtail. It wouldn't make sense. I don't understand the purpose of keeping Wormtail alive, but I'm not sure it's so he can serve some greater purpose in Part 2. I wonder if, instead of Lucius, Voldemort tells Wormtail to get Snape for him (before Voldemort sets Nagini on Snape).

Old February 27th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Third Year

I have valiantly managed to stay out of the Spoiler thread for the new year, but I am eager for a little spoiler-free DH2 speculation. Hopefully there are some folks out there who would like to discuss the film.

My question to start us off with five glorious months of spoiler free speculation: How do you think the film will open? How do you hope the film will open?

I'm not sure how I would like to see it open. It is going to be so bittersweet when that HP logo comes on screen...ack, I get teary just thinking about it!

I think it will probably pick up at Shell Cottage right where it left off, perhaps with Dobby's grave. I was a bit bummed we didn't get to see Dobby's funeral. I always loved Luna's little eulogy that she gave, but I really just want to see "Here lies Dobby, a free elf". They definitely need to set up the wand lore a bit with Ollivander and I'd like to see a little acknowledgment of Hermione's torture. In the books she was terribly weak, but in the film she is seen carrying Dobby up the dunes.

I'm curious how much time they will spend at Shell Cottage and how much we'll see of Bill and Fleur and (hopefully) Lupin. They have to mention Teddy Lupin now, but I worry that throwing him in there and Harry being Godfather will feel a bit out of place in the context of the last film and all that is going on. Hopefully, they'll be able to do it justice.

They rushed the planning of the Ministry break-in in the first film so I think they'll probably also speed through planning the Gringott's break-in. I did love the set-up for Hermione's transformation into Bellatrix in DH1. I didn't catch the significance of the hair floating onto her until my second viewing, but I hope it will set up the polyjuice bit nicely. Can't wait to see Ron as Dragomir Despard. I have a very distinct picture in my head about what he looks like in disguise. I'm very curious how it will match up with the film version.

Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."

Last edited by MsBinns; February 28th, 2011 at 12:34 am.
Old February 27th, 2011, 8:00 pm
Sixth Year

My guess is that the hair falling is going to be the 'meat' of the planning. It's been foreshadowed, some quick dialogue and let's go. I can't imagine Shell Cottage being more than a few minutes.

Old February 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajna View Post
My guess is that the hair falling is going to be the 'meat' of the planning. It's been foreshadowed, some quick dialogue and let's go. I can't imagine Shell Cottage being more than a few minutes.
I agree the planning of Gringotts will probably be very brief, but I think it will be longer than just a few minutes. I'm not lifting my hopes up too much, but they will have to have conversations with Bill and Fleur (to set up whose house Shell Cottage actually is), as well as Griphook and Ollivander. Unless they've decided to cut out Teddy Lupine entirely, Lupin needs to come visit as well.

Last edited by MsBinns; February 28th, 2011 at 12:28 am.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:46 pm
First Year

I think the opening at Shell Cottage will be a more than a few minutes too, for all the reasons previously given but also for one more...to set up Dumbeldore's back story. After the scene in Godric's Hollow, we see Hermione reading "Life & Lies of Albus Dumbeldore" while keeping watch. I think this would be a perfect time to have her tell Harry about Dumbeldore and we can see as Harry becomes agitated and angry with Dumbeldore (how, I'm not sure but it can't be an internal struggle obviously) and by showing the season changing, Yates can show the audience that Harry has been thinking about this for quite awhile in addition to showing that planning the Gringotts break-in took some time. Plus, it would be very un-Hermione like to not bring up something she read in a book especially a book of such importance to what they are doing and to Harry.

Also, I think adding Peeves to the final battle would be a nice addition. Somewhere he is seen and laughing but out of the way enough to not bother the main focus of the shot. No need to explain him just like Ron's comment about his jeans...a nice reference just for a us book readers.

"You can lose all your money, you can lose all your gold but you can never lose your heart and no one can take your soul"

"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
-The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:52 pm
Zonko's Employee

I got a request to bring my series of Silly Questions about DH2 counting down to the movie to the non-spoiler thread and I realized it wasn't fair to exclude the non-spoiler fans from the discussions and questions. I decided to tweak some questions so they don't center around recent spoiler news items about the movie and make them more general questions for you ladies and gentlemen. We are at the end of February and are about 5 months away from the long awaited conclusion to our beloved story and I now present to you, the noble HP fans who are strong enough to remain spoiler free, my series...

MasterOfDeath's Silly Questions, YOUR Amazing Answers, SPOILER-FREE Edition; Series 3/Final, DH2; question list 1

At the Solstice will come a new...

1. Do you think there will be a DH2 clip with the Oscars tonight/today and if there is, will you watch it, or will you avoid it because of spoilers?

2. How do you want DH2 to open? Should it open with a flashback to Godric's Hollow as some fans are speculating?

3. Which themes from previous films do you hope Desplat incorporates into his DH2 score?

4. How Spoiler-free do you wish to stay? Are you just avoiding information about changes to the story and movie itself or are you avoiding EVERYTHING including trailers, clips and sneak peaks?

5. HP, the series as a whole, has won a lifetime achievement award at the BAFTAs this month. Do you think DH2 has a chance to win any non-technical award at the Oscars next year?

6. How long do you think the Battle of Hogwarts will be and how long do you want it to be? Should it be inter-cut with other scenes? What do you hope to see in the battle?

7. Do you think DH2 will be as epic as it can be? If so, in what way? Will it feel less like a film and more like an experience?

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; February 27th, 2011 at 11:57 pm.
Old February 28th, 2011, 1:43 am
Third Year

Thank you for posting the discussion questions! (and for calling us noble fans)

1. Do you think there will be a DH2 clip with the Oscars tonight/today and if there is, will you watch it, or will you avoid it because of spoilers?

I don't think there will be a DH2 clip tonight for the Oscars, but I am looking forward to watching them regardless (Go HP - Art Direction and Visual Effects!) I do not plan on avoiding trailers when they come out. I will watch them (though I will be very disappointed if they show any of the "big" and long anticipated moments like Snape's death, King's Cross or the Duel).

2. How do you want DH2 to open? Should it open with a flashback to Godric's Hollow as some fans are speculating?

I LOVE the idea of a Godric's Hollow flashback! Forget what I just said four posts ago about Shell Cottage! I was really disappointed they didn't include the flashback of the Potters' death in the first film. I think that would be the absolute perfect beginning to the final film in the franchise! It's Voldemort's history, it's Harry's history. It is the perfect lead in tot he final chapter. Love this idea!

3. Which themes from previous films do you hope Desplat incorporates into his DH2 score?

Well, obviously Hedwig's Theme needs to make it in there, but that is a gimme. The Dumbledore's Army theme is one of my personal favorites, but that is much too light-hearted to be worked into DH2, I think. Maybe A Window to the Past? I always thought that was a really beautiful piece by Williams and it could work well with some flashbacks. I am so hoping for a beautiful score during the Prince's Tale! I'm also hoping that a Ron/Hermione theme makes it in here. We have never really heard one before aside from what plays when Ron returns in DH1 and that was kind of "blah" in my opnion. I love the "Harry and Hermione" theme that plays in HBP and it is one of my favorite pieces, but I also don't see it getting worked into this film.

4. How Spoiler-free do you wish to stay? Are you just avoiding information about changes to the story and movie itself or are you avoiding EVERYTHING including trailers, clips and sneak peaks?

Personally, I'm just trying to avoid actively searching for information. I don't want to know about added scenes or deleted scenes or things that have been tweaked. The trailers are enough. I tend to only watch them after their initial release and in the months leading up to the film. As the release gets closer I do try to avoid the TV spots and sneak peeks. I hated how much of this past film they released before hand. By the time I sat down in the theater I had already seen the Ron/Harry fight so many times. It was a little underwhelming. I will be avoiding said clips this time around like the plague!

5. HP, the series as a whole, has won a lifetime achievement award at the BAFTAs this month. Do you think DH2 has a chance to win any non-technical award at the Oscars next year?

Probably not. I wish it would be awarded because, whether or not they are great stand alone films, the act of tackling one of the most successful book franchises in history is a tremendous accomplishment. Additionally, I think the fact that these films have encompassed literally half the kids' lives is unbelievable. With the expansion of nominees now for Best Picture, I think it has a very slim chance to be nominated, which in itself would be a huge honor. I don't think any of the actors or directors will be nominated though. I wish they could compile all Alan Rickman's performances from all 7 films and give him a supporting actor nod though!

6. How long do you think the Battle of Hogwarts will be and how long do you want it to be? Should it be inter-cut with other scenes? What do you hope to see in the battle?

That's really hard to say because the Battle IS inter-cut with other scenes. There's the kiss and the Prince's Tale and Harry's trips to the forest and King's Cross. There are really like two Battles of Hogwarts. There is the first initial defense and then the second wave of defenses. I'm not sure how long the film is, but if it is say 2 1/2 hours I think most of the film will be at Hogwarts. I have been looking forward to seeing this battle since I first read the book. The moment I am most looking forward to is when McGonagall calls on the statues and suits of armor to defend the castle! And then when the class desks come clattering through. I love those parts when the castle physically fights back! It makes me want to cheer! That said, I could definitely see them getting cut. I fear non-book readers might laugh and it would come across as kind of silly. I think seeing Lavender fall off the balcony and get attacked by Greyback would resonate with the non-book reading audience as they would hopefully remember her from HBP. That part always shook me up in the books. I felt so bad for Lavender.

I am really looking forward to the "second wave" of defenses at the very end. I would love to see Professor Slughorn in his emerald green pajamas. I definitely want to see Kreacher lead the charge of the Hogwarts house elves, though his allegiance to Harry wasn't really touched upon since he didn't give him the locket. I would love to see Neville and Ron "taking down" Greyback and George and Lee taking on Yaxley (though I realize Lee has been absent from the films for a while).

Okay, I have to stop or I'll just go on forever with things I want to see...

7. Do you think DH2 will be as epic as it can be? If so, in what way? Will it feel less like a film and more like an experience?

I think there is no way it can't be epic! When you read the book and all you can think about is how awesome it is going to be on film then that is definitely epic. Even though I know what happens, I bet my heart will be in my throat the entire time. It will definitely be an experience, for a multitude of reason. It is the end of an era and I will definitely tear up when the film goes black.

Last edited by MsBinns; February 28th, 2011 at 1:52 am.
Old February 28th, 2011, 2:24 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus_Romulus View Post
I think the opening at Shell Cottage will be a more than a few minutes too, for all the reasons previously given but also for one more...to set up Dumbeldore's back story. After the scene in Godric's Hollow, we see Hermione reading "Life & Lies of Albus Dumbeldore" while keeping watch. I think this would be a perfect time to have her tell Harry about Dumbeldore and we can see as Harry becomes agitated and angry with Dumbeldore (how, I'm not sure but it can't be an internal struggle obviously) and by showing the season changing, Yates can show the audience that Harry has been thinking about this for quite awhile in addition to showing that planning the Gringotts break-in took some time. Plus, it would be very un-Hermione like to not bring up something she read in a book especially a book of such importance to what they are doing and to Harry.

Also, I think adding Peeves to the final battle would be a nice addition. Somewhere he is seen and laughing but out of the way enough to not bother the main focus of the shot. No need to explain him just like Ron's comment about his jeans...a nice reference just for a us book readers.

I might be wrong, but somehow I think they will minimize the confusion/angst/anger/agitation about Dumbldore. I think Dumbldore's storyline will be as streamlined as possible.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 4:01 am
Third Year

Quote:
I didn't watch the whole Oscar show (saw the "ball of light" bit), but don't think they had one. If they'd have had one while I was watching, I would have watched it.

Quote:
I want to hear the 'music box' type music, actually. I like that better than the dark opening music, but I don't hold out much hope for that, now that we're getting into the darkest stuff. Otherwise I think they'll start pretty much where they left off--we'll probably see the gang pulling themselves together at Shell Cottage then cutting away to see what some of the darker forces are up to?

Quote:
Sorry, not much of a score person. Just hope it works well.

Quote:
I want to just experience it as a 'civilian.' I want to stay just as spoiler-free as the average Joe/Jane on the street. I'm not going to avoid movie trailers, little clips on ABC Family, standard advertising. But I don't want to hear the 'insider' stuff bandied about as being a done deal, an accomplished fact (though it may well be). I guess I just don't want to be chatting amongst people who've all seen multiple photos of King's Cross already or what everyone in the Epilogue looks like, and already have theories (or worse, verified facts) about what the signicance is of some crest on the back of Harry's chair is and why he looks like he's holding something heavy in his left fist--that sort of thing.

I don't want to read a website telling me that X or Y was or wasn't shot or reshot or shot but cut, or was definitely left out or shot sitting down because the actor twisted their ankle that day. Don't want to see a picture from someone's blog of Dan and Rupert standing in a mud puddle, and read how it's been positively established what scene it is and what was changed in it and who was or wasn't in the scene with them. Don't want to see quotes from the lighting assistant's Twitter or anonymous set visitor verfying that Emma isn't in the big Blah-Blah scene...all that kind of thing. I'm blathering on, but I hope I am making myself somewhat clear.

If I see a normal TV commercial that shows me that 'The ______ Scene' takes place indoors instead of outdoors, oh well, I won't mind much. I just don't want numerous puzzle pieces that almost everyone else is going to be surprised by spoiled for me because someone on a board or blog got hold of something most people don't know. Y'know, I'm just the kind of gal that doesn't look in closets or shake packages before Christmas.

Quote:
Doubt it, but it would be wonderful. Especially if Alan R. ties it up like I expect.

Quote:
I think in one way or the other it will take up most of it after the Gringotts stuff. As someone said, the Battle has several different segments and many other scenes, such as the Snape scenes, Room of Requirement, etc. do intervene. I don't think there will be quick cuts back and forth (except maybe between POV's in battle scenes--flash of McGonagall, flash of the twins, flash of Kingsley, etc.) but I'm picturing mostly longer cuts: a scene with the trio, then a scene of more major battling by various characters--so that we get the sense that a long battle is being slogged through by many while some of our key players are making some specialized efforts to sway the tide.

Quote:
I sure hope so! But I'm afraid given the soaring imaginations of millions of fans, I'm not sure it can ever be "as epic as it can be." But I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Last edited by Rookie_Angel; March 3rd, 2011 at 4:07 am.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 4:14 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Angel View Post
I want to just experience it as a 'civilian.' I want to stay just as spoiler-free as the average Joe/Jane on the street. I'm not going to avoid movie trailers, little clips on ABC Family, standard advertising. But I don't want to hear the 'insider' stuff bandied about as being a done deal, an accomplished fact (though it may well be). I guess I just don't want to be chatting amongst people who've all seen multiple photos of King's Cross already or what everyone in the Epilogue looks like, and already have theories (or worse, verified facts) about what the signicance is of some crest on the back of Harry's chair is and why he looks like he's holding something heavy in his left fist--that sort of thing.

I don't want to read a website telling me that X or Y was or wasn't shot or reshot or shot but cut, or was definitely left out or shot sitting down because the actor twisted their ankle that day. Don't want to see a picture from someone's blog of Dan and Rupert standing in a mud puddle, and read how it's been positively established what scene it is and what was changed in it and who was or wasn't in the scene with them. Don't want to see quotes from the lighting assistant's Twitter or anonymous set visitor verfying that Emma isn't in the big Blah-Blah scene...all that kind of thing. I'm blathering on, but I hope I am making myself somewhat clear.

If I see a normal TV commercial that shows me that 'The ______ Scene' takes place indoors instead of outdoors, oh well, I won't mind much. I just don't want numerous puzzle pieces that almost everyone else is going to be surprised by spoiled for me because someone on a board or blog got hold of something most people don't know. Y'know, I'm just the kind of gal that doesn't look in closets or shake packages before Christmas.
You are not blathering! You've summed up exactly why I stay in the spoiler-free zone. I would rather experience the film 'as a civilian'. I love to speculate and discuss what I'm hoping for and excited about, but I don't want to analyze and pick apart Twitter feeds and screen caps and all the things you described. I'm glad you came in here!

I know exactly what you mean about the "music box" music. I get that this film is darker, but I don't think that means they have to open up with such ominous music. I loved Obliviate and Snape to Malfoy Manor in DH1, but for the final film I'd like to hear it open up at least with the "music box" style Hedwig's Theme.

Old March 5th, 2011, 7:08 am
Third Year

Thanks for the support --so that 'music box' music is "Hedwig's Theme"? As I said, I don't follow scores/themes/etc much, especially their names. I would like to hear it--at the beginning or even the end, to bring things full circle.

Old March 5th, 2011, 1:28 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Angel View Post
Thanks for the support --so that 'music box' music is "Hedwig's Theme"? As I said, I don't follow scores/themes/etc much, especially their names. I would like to hear it--at the beginning or even the end, to bring things full circle.
If you're talking about this song that now plays at the beginning of every film (often sounding like a music box) then, yes!

Old March 17th, 2011, 5:16 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
You are not blathering! You've summed up exactly why I stay in the spoiler-free zone. I would rather experience the film 'as a civilian'. I love to speculate and discuss what I'm hoping for and excited about, but I don't want to analyze and pick apart Twitter feeds and screen caps and all the things you described. I'm glad you came in here!
My thoughts exactly. This thread may not get as much traffic as the spoiler thread, but it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Although there are some people on this thread who I believe are also avoiding TV trailers, so if you comment on those it might be good to include spoiler tags, with a comment that it's from a trailer. My $0.02.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References