Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s)

View Poll Results: What is your most anticipated scene in DH?
The Seven Potters 26 4.31%
Ministry Heist 15 2.49%
Godric's Hollow 32 5.31%
The Silver Doe 51 8.46%
Malfoy Manor 45 7.46%
The battle of Hogwarts 187 31.01%
The Prince's Tale 130 21.56%
King's Cross 27 4.48%
The Flaw in the Plan 48 7.96%
other 42 6.97%
Voters: 603. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 29th, 2010, 8:42 am
Second Year

Re: Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s)

I plan to see the 2D one first. Then see the 3D.
If I think the 3D one is better then I'll see part 2 in 3D first

You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard. You really are.
Not as good as you.
Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things. Friendship and bravery. And Harry, just be careful.

Sorted
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:36 am
Seventh Year

Yay for Molly vs. Bellatrix. I was so concerned they would replace Molly with someone else (*coughPinkPowerGrangerHermionecough*) for that scene and I'm thrilled to hear it's left like it was in the book. Now... if THE LINE would be in there as well ...

Back to the 3-D discussion: is it confirmed that the movies will be available in 3-D? It still seemed to be a rumour as of now.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old January 29th, 2010, 1:51 pm
Fourth Year

I think that if the 3D version of the movie is going to work, it has to be 3D for the entire movie. It will be annoying and distracting if only some scenes are in 3D throughout the movie. I never saw HBP or OotP in 3D, but when the 3D scenes were coming up, did they flash something indicating that you should put your glasses on and once it was over to take them off? Seems like it would take me out of the movie.

-JR

Just & Loyal
Old January 29th, 2010, 3:19 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR637 View Post
I never saw HBP or OotP in 3D, but when the 3D scenes were coming up, did they flash something indicating that you should put your glasses on and once it was over to take them off? Seems like it would take me out of the movie.

-JR
Yes, there was a little glasses icon in the corner of the screen to indicate it's time to put on/take off your 3D glasses.

However, if the whole movie is going to be in 3D, that indicating icon should only come on right before the movie starts, I think.

Old January 29th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus Diggle View Post
Why would that be? It would not have to overdo it, the way so many of the animated 3D movies do. The 3D segment in HBP added interesting depth, but it did not change the scenes.
I understand what you mean, but sometimes when movies are put into 3D, they just end up looking cheesy, thus taking out the seriousness of the movie(well, for me anyway). I know they won't try to do that for DH, but I'm still skeptical. But I'm still going to see it in 3D before I judge.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old January 29th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Third Year

i don't think 3D takes away any emotion. I saw Up in 3D and i still wanted to cry my eyes out. I don't think they'll have all this crazy 3D stuff going on in emotional scenes... like when Harry goes to visit his parents graves... they might have snowflakes in 3D or something and that would just add to the beauty of the scene in my opinion, and wouldn't take away from the emotion. but if you're worried about it, just see it in 2D. there's nothing to worry about.

Old January 29th, 2010, 8:04 pm
Fifth Year

I can't say I am looking forward to hear Molly's infamous line on the screen. It worked in the book, but if it feels misplaced in the film I am afraid it will take away the seriousness of the scene.

Old January 31st, 2010, 4:13 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldus View Post
I can't say I am looking forward to hear Molly's infamous line on the screen. It worked in the book, but if it feels misplaced in the film I am afraid it will take away the seriousness of the scene.
I actually wasn't the biggest fan of that line in the book, however just about everyone I know loves it. Since it seems to be a fan favorite it would be a shame to lose it. I'm sure it would cause quite a roar in the theater. Hopefully they pad it well enough so that it allows for audience reaction without affecting more series stuff that might come after it.

Old January 31st, 2010, 11:00 am
Second Year

Referring to Molly's line. In the book she screamed it. In the movie im hoping for her to be losing, and motivate herself by muttering the line to herself and start fighting again.

You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard. You really are.
Not as good as you.
Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things. Friendship and bravery. And Harry, just be careful.

Sorted
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:56 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
I actually wasn't the biggest fan of that line in the book, however just about everyone I know loves it. Since it seems to be a fan favorite it would be a shame to lose it.
Well, they already deprived us from the twins' "Give her hell from us, Peeves" in OotP, so I certainly hope Molly's line is in. I think it adds to the severety of the situation. Molly, while having a certain temper, isn't the kind of woman you'd expect to curse. Therefore, when she does, it has even more impact.

Quote:
I'm sure it would cause quite a roar in the theater. Hopefully they pad it well enough so that it allows for audience reaction without affecting more series stuff that might come after it.
Are you concerned the audience will laugh about the line? If they do, the movie makers certainly have done something wrong. In the book, I didn't find the line funny at all. It came across to me as the exclamation of a woman who's at the same time desperate and determined. And I think the movie can pull that off.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old January 31st, 2010, 3:02 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirestorm View Post
Referring to Molly's line. In the book she screamed it. In the movie im hoping for her to be losing, and motivate herself by muttering the line to herself and start fighting again.
I think this is a cool interpretation and if done this way, I would not be disappointed, however, her running in and yelling the line was so cool in my opinion, I would love to see it that way...call me a purist.

-JR

Just & Loyal
Old January 31st, 2010, 3:10 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR637 View Post
I think this is a cool interpretation and if done this way, I would not be disappointed, however, her running in and yelling the line was so cool in my opinion, I would love to see it that way...call me a purist.

-JR
True. Either way would be really cool, but I am a big fan of the storyline J.K. Rowling planned out (I only write my fan-fictions to follow the storyline she planned out), so I am quite the purist. If Mrs. Weasley just ran in and said it... like, there was just other battles being shown, perhaps Mrs. Weasley is helping Mr. Weasley fight someone, then suddenly, Bellatrix attacks Ginny, and she comes in and says it, that would be just perfect, in my opinion. I would be a happy fan.

Old January 31st, 2010, 3:22 pm
Zonko's Employee

Okay, I'm just going to experiment a bit here because the news is kinda slow at the moment. I'm bringing back my old questions routine that some of you who frequented the All-Inclusive HBP thread back in the day might remember. It's just a series of questions pertaining to the upcoming film that will get everyone's opinions more clearly out there and could help spur some more debate. Since DH1 is our Potter movie of this year and the next movie coming out, these questions will focus only on DH1. Since it has been confirmed that the split will take place SOMEWHERE around Malfoy Manor (either before of after) DH1 will cover from the beginning to Malfoy Manor (or right after). I hope you all enjoy these questions, if not, just ignore them. I'll only start with seven. If everyone likes them, I'll ask more.

MoD's Silly Questions but Amazing Answers, Series Two: DH1, Question List 1

A New Decade, A New Era, A New Potter

1. At this point, how excited are you about DH1? Does it match your excitment for the last movie (HBP) or does it completely surpass it? Or were you more excited for HBP? If so, why do you think this is the case?

2. What scene in DH1 are you most looking forward to? What scene do you think has the potential to be the most cinematic?

3. Where did you want the movie to be split? How do you feel about the reports that the split will happen somewhere around Malfoy Manor?

4. How successful, financially and commercially (in terms of media hype and public opinion) do you think DH1 will be in November?

5. Do you think you will cry during DH1? If so, at which scene?

6. What is your opinion on Alexander Desplat scoring DH1? Do you think he will do a good job, and do you feel the material fits his style? If not, who would you have rather scored DH1?

And now for the infamous question some of you might remember from HBP ()..........

7. If you bring a date (or boy/girlfriend) to see DH1, at which point in the movie do you think you will grasp your partner in fright or s/he will grasp onto you?

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; January 31st, 2010 at 3:26 pm.
Old January 31st, 2010, 3:29 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

You know we are long past 1500 posts and I think MasterOfDeath is a good starting point for version two. So stay tuned.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References