Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s)

View Poll Results: What is your most anticipated scene in DH?
The Seven Potters 26 4.31%
Ministry Heist 15 2.49%
Godric's Hollow 32 5.31%
The Silver Doe 51 8.46%
Malfoy Manor 45 7.46%
The battle of Hogwarts 187 31.01%
The Prince's Tale 130 21.56%
King's Cross 27 4.48%
The Flaw in the Plan 48 7.96%
other 42 6.97%
Voters: 603. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:50 am
Genius Loci

Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s)

This thread gives members the opportunity to discuss how the Deathly Hallows movie should be made.

If you want to discuss the movie split, please discuss it in The Deathly Hallows Movie Split v.2 thread.

How do you see the Deathly Hallows working with the HBP film now out there? Are there scenes you think should/could be done differently having seen the approach of the directing in HBP?

last few posts of the old thread:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer View Post
Heyman also confirms that Imelda Staunton is returning as Umbridge!

SS: Is Imelda Staunton going to return as Umbridge?
Heyman: Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP
Quote:

Awesome! Really happy about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilind
Loved Staunton as Umbridge. She didn't really look like I thought, but she NAILED the personality. Reallly, she was the scariest character in the series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Here's a link to the video interview with Brendan Gleason and Colin Farrell - they were promoting a movie they'd done together, but Brendan was asked about Harry Potter as well. That was back in January of 2008 and he confirmed that he would be in the last film. It's a really good interview - I like how Brendan talks about how he has the "Harley of broomsticks" for Harry Potter.
Thanks for that link!
I was just thinking about that today. Dan saying how happy he is to not have to do broomstick scenes anymore because it's so uncomfortable, and I was thinking 'too bad they can't have a cool ride like Mad-Eye's. It's got a seat and everything'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Hmm, well this confirms that...it's different than the book and Harry isn't present:
Quote:
Quote:
SnitchSeeker.com: Dan Radcliffe said he wasn't present when Rupert and Emma did their kiss scene. Was that deliberate – so he wouldn't distract them?

David Heyman: No.

SS: Harry's not in the scene?

Heyman: No.

SS: So it's not like it is in the book? [Heyman shakes his head no]
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...-heyman-65784/
That doesn't make me happy. I like the 'Oy, we're in the middle of a war here' line!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilind View Post
Loved Staunton as Umbridge. She didn't really look like I thought, but she NAILED the personality. Reallly, she was the scariest character in the series!
I loved her as Umbridge too! I'm very happy to hear she'll be back!

Last edited by Hes; July 15th, 2009 at 7:09 am. Reason: added link to split thread
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 6:50 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Re: Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s)

Continuing from the other DH thread since Muggle Studies is temporarily closed -

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
Thanks for that link!
I was just thinking about that today. Dan saying how happy he is to not have to do broomstick scenes anymore because it's so uncomfortable, and I was thinking 'too bad they can't have a cool ride like Mad-Eye's. It's got a seat and everything'.
Very true - Moody did have a cool broom.

Quote:
That doesn't make me happy. I like the 'Oy, we're in the middle of a war here' line!
I have mixed feelings about that. I loved the moment in the book and Harry's reaction was priceless, but I also really preferred the idea of Ron and Hermione's kiss being a private moment where Harry was not present. I accepted that it would not be possible for that to happen in the book because everything is from Harry's point of view, but the movie doesn't have that limitation - they leave Harry's perspective and show things that are going on when he's not around. So I think that could work very well.

And Heyman did say that the kiss was during the battle so I'm wondering if they might have moved the kiss so that it happens when Ron and Hermione go into the Chamber of Secrets to destroy the cup - meaning we would get to see that moment on screen instead of them telling Harry about it after the fact. I rather like that idea.

Quote:
I loved her as Umbridge too! I'm very happy to hear she'll be back!
Agreed.

I chose "other" for the poll because I really can't narrow it down to just one scene - there are so many scenes I can't wait to see in DH. Ron returning to save Harry's life, Ron and Hermione's kiss, the final battle, the break in at the Ministry, Gringotts, etc... I really can't narrow it down to just one!

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old July 15th, 2009, 8:41 am
Second Year

I was tempted to say the battle of hogwarts, or rather, the scene where Harry turns the stone and sees his parents, Lupin and Sirius in the forest, but I'd also have to include the parts where Ron leaves and then returns, and the "Here Lies Dobby" scene which I know will tear my heart out. The one scene I hope they omit (but know they won't) will be when Hedwig is killed - I won't be able to handle that. The best part will be when Molly kills Bellatrix and Harry kills Tom Riddle (and I am a peaceful person).

Old July 15th, 2009, 9:10 am
Third Year

The Silver Doe. I'm so excited for Ron's return and everything.

Old July 15th, 2009, 9:19 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

The Prince's Tale. I can't wait to see Severus and Lily together. And I do hope they'd do this part justice and nor shrink it to a handful of flashbacks.

Old July 15th, 2009, 9:38 am
Snidget of Champions

After seeing HBP, I wonder how the DH films will handle a few issues, mostly to do with the Horcruxes.

Firstly, I felt Dumbledore's information about Horcruxes was incredibly limited. From what he told Harry about Horcruxes, Harry will have almost no leads on potential Horcruxes and, other than the locket, nowhere to begin. Hufflepuff's Cup was not included or even mentioned. Dumbledore never talked of Nagini being a potential Horcrux. And Harry did not hide the Half-Blood Prince's copy of Advanced Potion Making with the tiara as a marker. Although I am sure the films can work these Horcruxes in, I think excluding them from the HBP film has complicated the Horcrux hunt even more. Of course, Dumbledore's seeming lack of information about the Horcruxes will provide Harry even more reason to scorn his old headmaster.

I must admit that I was worried that Draco would not disarm Dumbledore. It took so long for Draco to cast Expelliarmus that I thought it may not come at all, and then the entire Elder Wand subplot would have been in shambles. Therefore, I was very relieved to see Dumbledore disarmed.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:46 am
Sixth Year

mrsleepyhead, that is one of my biggest issues with this movie and all since Gambon; the feeling that they've dumbed DD down. That goes to the writers, not Gambon; he's great with what he's being given

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:27 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatus_Benevol1 View Post
I was tempted to say the battle of hogwarts, or rather, the scene where Harry turns the stone and sees his parents, Lupin and Sirius in the forest, but I'd also have to include the parts where Ron leaves and then returns, and the "Here Lies Dobby" scene which I know will tear my heart out. The one scene I hope they omit (but know they won't) will be when Hedwig is killed - I won't be able to handle that. The best part will be when Molly kills Bellatrix and Harry kills Tom Riddle (and I am a peaceful person).
i don't know that the here lies dobby a free house elf scene will be in the movie as dobby hasn't appeared since the COS movie

Old July 15th, 2009, 1:54 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_wannabe View Post
i don't know that the here lies dobby a free house elf scene will be in the movie as dobby hasn't appeared since the COS movie
Dobby has been confirmed for DH. They've already filmed the Shell Cottage sequence, including his burial.

I'm really looking forward to the Battle at Hogwarts. Seeing as how they left the battle in HBP out, the DH one better be epic!!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Prince's Tale.

Old memories seldom fade
And bad habits die hard...
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:43 pm
First Year

I'm surprised Dobby's making a return for the DH movies. It's going to be a bit awkward for the audiences who only follow the movies when he turns up randomly after a long hiatus off-screen. But if they manage to pull off his death scene as I witnessed it in my mind when JK described it, I'll be heartbroken.

I'll be eager to see Snape at his utmost best for the scenes with Lily and Dumbledore. Then there's the scene with Harry walking into the forest with Sirius and his parents.

Hopefully they spice up the final battle between Voldy and Harry. Truthfully, the last couple pages in DH were so weak it was close to laughable. It was almost as though JK had writers block, thought "stuff it, I just want my money" and rushed her way through the end after brilliantly giving us such a well drawn-out and detailed story. In my opinion, she half-assed it.

But I should shut up, don't want to rant.

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:23 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
After seeing HBP, I wonder how the DH films will handle a few issues, mostly to do with the Horcruxes.

Firstly, I felt Dumbledore's information about Horcruxes was incredibly limited. From what he told Harry about Horcruxes, Harry will have almost no leads on potential Horcruxes and, other than the locket, nowhere to begin. Hufflepuff's Cup was not included or even mentioned. Dumbledore never talked of Nagini being a potential Horcrux. And Harry did not hide the Half-Blood Prince's copy of Advanced Potion Making with the tiara as a marker. Although I am sure the films can work these Horcruxes in, I think excluding them from the HBP film has complicated the Horcrux hunt even more.
That's what I was thinking. I don't care when the film doesn't include something from the book, I've never had an issue with that. But missing the long Horcrux talk out does seem to have been a mistake. Harry now has to figure the entire thing out with Ron and Hermione. He doesn't even have a clue as to what they could be. How will he know he's looking for a cup when he hears Bella talking about her bank? And how in the world will he know about the snake? I'm sure they'll have a way around it, but it was such huge and important information to miss out.

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:37 pm
First Year

the part i am most looking forward to is the scnene in Gringotts bank. im dying to see them flying off on the dragon. i know its not that big a scene but i had always found it interesting. but im also looking forward to the battle at hogwarts, after all, who isn't?

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:47 pm
Second Year

I'm really looking forward to the 7 Potters scene - I'm curious to see how they will film it and wha it will look like once on-screen seeing so many Harry's, and then the chase scene.

I'm also looking forward to the Gringotts scene, and the dragon escape, that should be fun.

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Old July 15th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Sixth Year

Why is 'The Forest Again' not on the list?! That is by far my most favorite scene in the book!

I voted 'Other' because there are just too many scenes I'm looking forward to.

Do you think Victor Krum will be back?

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:55 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post

Do you think Victor Krum will be back?
I think he showed up in the book for closure, but in the movies there's no mention of them staying in touch. I doubt he'll be back.

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:55 pm
First Year

I am totally stoked for the Malfoy Manor scene. I hope to see Wormtail strangle himself for sure, and because in the HBP they actually showed Ollivanders being empty it'll be good for the only movie goers to see him alive and somewhat well in the basement.

Oh, and I hope they show Hermoine screw up Harrys face when they are caught in the woods.

However, I am not sure about whether or not I want to see too much of Bill and Fleur, however the attack on their wedding and the start of Harry, Ron, and Hermiones journey would be a great lead.

Old July 15th, 2009, 7:01 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I couldn't decide; Godric's Hollow, the Silver Doe, King's Cross, and the battle of Hogwarts are all going to be emotional. I couldn't pick one out of the four.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old July 15th, 2009, 8:23 pm
Snidget of Champions

One thing about the Horcruxes I feel is important to how DH will be filmed is the locket. HBP did tell us the locket was a fake, and R.A.B. is included. I know that some users would have preferred if this locket were the real one, but I am very happy about the inclusion of the fake locket. The decision to split Deathly Hallows seems even more reasonable now (though I have always been a supporter of it), since we know the locket search will be included (although the filming of the Ministry scenes were already strong evidence of this).

I also like how HBP introduced Regulus. Slughorn mentions him being "on the shelf," which leads into his talk about Regulus, Sirius, and wanting "the set." I think Yates used excellent foresight in this regard, since it will not be completely sporadic when Harry and the others discover Regulus stole the locket. I would say the locket is the one Horcrux that is well set up for the Deathly Hallows films.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 15th, 2009, 8:37 pm
First Year

I think i'm most excited for the Malfoy Manor scene (even though dobby dies and that's really sad...) but I'm excited for that most, and then the battle at Hogwarts, because i'm pretty excited to finally see Ron and Hermione get together...
I got more excited for that whole thing after watching Half-Blood Prince, they are so cute. haha..

And I agree about the malfoy manor scene with Wormtail strangling him self...that will be really intense, and i hope they make it as good as it was in the book. Although I don't think it will be quite the same, because wormtail hasn't been included quite as much as he was in the books in the movies.

Old July 15th, 2009, 8:47 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post

Hopefully they spice up the final battle between Voldy and Harry. Truthfully, the last couple pages in DH were so weak it was close to laughable. It was almost as though JK had writers block, thought "stuff it, I just want my money" and rushed her way through the end after brilliantly giving us such a well drawn-out and detailed story. In my opinion, she half-assed it.

But I should shut up, don't want to rant.
I agree with this. After such an amazing book, the final chapter was such a letdown. The only thing I can think of when closing the book is that it feels so...rushed. And that's the negative comment I usually reserve for the films only. It kinda hurts to have this same feeling while reading the conclusion of the series.

Anyway, I really hope Voldy gets a good amount of screen time to show how powerful and frightening he is before he starts to crumble in the end.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References