Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows Films v.5

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:10 pm
Sixth Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows Films v.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror Fett View Post
I was just thinking today and I really hope they include the entire Death Eater/Voldemort broom attack near the beginning of DH. I can just imagine how awesome it would be to see Voldemort flying around casting AK's and seeing Sirius's motorcycle again.
I think that scene is gonna be in. Everyone in that scene is in the film so far, except for Mad-Eye. I don't know if he's been asked to come back or not.
I hope they keep this scene too. It's a pretty intense scene!

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:13 pm
Seventh Year

Yeah, the 7 Potters scene is definitely in. Robbie Coltrane actually confirmed it in an interview (he said he was filming with a motorcycle for the final film), and remember Dan's stunt double who was injured on the set of DH? The explosion was for the broom chase scene, I believe. Since Mundungus has been cast, as well as the Dursleys (they're returning for this last film), I don't see why they would cut the chase.

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:38 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer View Post
Yeah, the 7 Potters scene is definitely in. Robbie Coltrane actually confirmed it in an interview (he said he was filming with a motorcycle for the final film), and remember Dan's stunt double who was injured on the set of DH? The explosion was for the broom chase scene, I believe. Since Mundungus has been cast, as well as the Dursleys (they're returning for this last film), I don't see why they would cut the chase.
That's great! I didn't know that about Robbie saying it though. Maybe I did. I don't remember. I hope Mad-Eye is going to be in the film!

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:40 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
That's great! I didn't know that about Robbie saying it though. Maybe I did. I don't remember. I hope Mad-Eye is going to be in the film!
Actually, Gleeson signed up as Mad-Eye for this film, and since Mad-Eye is only in the chase scene before he dies, that confirms the 7 Potters sequence is in Part 1.

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:44 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Actually, Gleeson signed up as Mad-Eye for this film, and since Mad-Eye is only in the chase scene before he dies, that confirms the 7 Potters sequence is in Part 1.
Really?! That's great! When did that happen. Last I thought, he wasn't confirmed yet? This makes me very happy knowing Mad Eye is in!

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:47 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Really?! That's great! When did that happen. Last I thought, he wasn't confirmed yet? This makes me very happy knowing Mad Eye is in!
'Course he is He is important instructing the flight.

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:49 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
On the official Wiki page for the movie, it shows him on the cast list, and links to an article in which Gleeson confirms that he's signed back up for Part 1 of Deathly Hallows.

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:54 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldus View Post
'Course he is He is important instructing the flight.
I know! But I totally missed him confirmed for this movie. Or else I don't remember it with all the other info and HBP mania going on
Quote:
On the official Wiki page for the movie, it shows him on the cast list, and links to an article in which Gleeson confirms that he's signed back up for Part 1 of Deathly Hallows.
Thanks for that info! I'm gonna check it out later!

Old July 14th, 2009, 11:44 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
That is good to hear that it is still during the battle. It is true that Dan would be off camera during the actual kiss, so the entire scene could take place around the kiss shots and be filmed at another time. If they were that nervous i could understand why they would do that.

I think Dan said somewhere that he saw the video of the kiss and that it was a great kiss.
Yeah, I remember Dan saying something about how he'd seen the kiss and that it was really good. They're comments have been very confusing about it. But it will all make sense in the end, I'm sure.

The kiss is part of a larger, more complex scene so I can see where they would film parts of it separately. And that probably did make it easier on Emma and Rupert to film. They both said it was very difficult, but everyone is also saying that the end result was fabulous so I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out on film.

Quote:
I know! But I totally missed him confirmed for this movie. Or else I don't remember it with all the other info and HBP mania going on

Thanks for that info! I'm gonna check it out later!
Here's a link to the video interview with Brendan Gleason and Colin Farrell - they were promoting a movie they'd done together, but Brendan was asked about Harry Potter as well. That was back in January of 2008 and he confirmed that he would be in the last film. It's a really good interview - I like how Brendan talks about how he has the "Harley of broomsticks" for Harry Potter.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old July 15th, 2009, 12:01 am
Secret Keeper

Hmm, well this confirms that...it's different than the book and Harry isn't present:

Quote:
SnitchSeeker.com: Dan Radcliffe said he wasn't present when Rupert and Emma did their kiss scene. Was that deliberate – so he wouldn't distract them?

David Heyman: No.

SS: Harry's not in the scene?

Heyman: No.

SS: So it's not like it is in the book? [Heyman shakes his head no]
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...-heyman-65784/

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:06 am
Seventh Year

Heyman also confirms that Imelda Staunton is returning as Umbridge!

SS: Is Imelda Staunton going to return as Umbridge?
Heyman: Yes.

Old July 15th, 2009, 2:02 am
Seventh Year

Quote:

Awesome! Really happy about that.

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:12 am
Sixth Year

Loved Staunton as Umbridge. She didn't really look like I thought, but she NAILED the personality. Reallly, she was the scariest character in the series!

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old July 15th, 2009, 5:06 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Here's a link to the video interview with Brendan Gleason and Colin Farrell - they were promoting a movie they'd done together, but Brendan was asked about Harry Potter as well. That was back in January of 2008 and he confirmed that he would be in the last film. It's a really good interview - I like how Brendan talks about how he has the "Harley of broomsticks" for Harry Potter.
Thanks for that link!
I was just thinking about that today. Dan saying how happy he is to not have to do broomstick scenes anymore because it's so uncomfortable, and I was thinking 'too bad they can't have a cool ride like Mad-Eye's. It's got a seat and everything'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Hmm, well this confirms that...it's different than the book and Harry isn't present:
Quote:
Quote:
SnitchSeeker.com: Dan Radcliffe said he wasn't present when Rupert and Emma did their kiss scene. Was that deliberate so he wouldn't distract them?

David Heyman: No.

SS: Harry's not in the scene?

Heyman: No.

SS: So it's not like it is in the book? [Heyman shakes his head no]
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...-heyman-65784/
That doesn't make me happy. I like the 'Oy, we're in the middle of a war here' line!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilind View Post
Loved Staunton as Umbridge. She didn't really look like I thought, but she NAILED the personality. Reallly, she was the scariest character in the series!
I loved her as Umbridge too! I'm very happy to hear she'll be back!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References