Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old March 27th, 2009, 11:57 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Luna and Steve Kloves die, and they bury them alongside a grave where we briefly read 'May you be at peace Bill and Fleur Weasley.'

That's awesome.

And thanks for the feedback Klaus I really appreciate it.

I see in your list that u say Dumbledore and Harry found the real locket in the cave. That's what I was orginally going to do for my DH script but since we know they find the fake one in the movie now I decided to try and connect this to what i know of the HBP film. I do like your idea of Umbridge having the deluminator..but honestly...I wanted to cut that scene completly (Hence the reason why what I have isn't so great ).

It's just seems so strange having soooo much stuff left in now. I'm so used to cutting things but trying to make 2 films out of one book def gives me more elbow room. I have a few more ideas I'm excited about but it seems not many people are reading the scripts anymore Oh well. I'll be sure to have the next section up soon!

*Patiently waits for Arry to post a reply*
*and MoD*

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2009, 2:15 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
*Patiently waits for Arry to post a reply*
I'm so sorry, I;ve been busy and haven't even read the one before

Edit: well, my former self that posted says I have so all good *goes to read this one*

Edit 2: Just read

Quote:
RON
HARRY!

HARRY
YOU-KNOW-WHO THEN!
Found that a bit too Extremo

Quote:
INT. LONDON-LIBRARY-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER
I personally found this scene uneccassary, but it did help with the transition to Hogwarts

And Hogwarts - WOW! It was great, though I did feel a bit iffy about it at only a few times cos it was a little made up but you did stick to canon well - and I loved the reintroduction of Dobby!

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Last edited by ArryGrotter; March 28th, 2009 at 2:27 am.
Old March 28th, 2009, 1:14 pm
Fourth Year

Klaus proudly presents his version of Dumbledore' Will reading, after the havoc at the ministry to retrieve it.

Dumbledore' Will reading:    

Ron's splinching happens just like in the book, he heals, Hermione and Harry carry him in an abandoned house in the middle of some random wood with beautiful ruins of ancient villages.
They sit down at a table.

Harry:'So, have you got it? Where's Dumbledore's Will?'
Ron:'You got it! You two don't tell me a thing!'
Hermione:'Well, we were running for our lives from the Ministry, weren't we? here!'
She opens the beautiful black safebox, which reveals a roll of parchment, a very old small book, a snitch and the deluminator.

Harry enrolls the parchment, reads it fast.

Hermione:'Well?'

Harry:'The Last Will of Albus Dumbledore, yes here we are, to Ronald Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, in the hope that he will remember me when he uses it'

Ron:'It'll just remind me I had an arm almost chopped off to get it...hey! wait! it says something here that wasn't there before when I touched it'

And sure enough, on the Deluminator's left side appears a writing:'Where your treasure lies, there will your heart be also'

Ron:'What daes it mean?'
Hermione: 'I don't know, could be a hidden code, an anagram of sorts.'

Harry:'It's not over guys, to Miss Hermione Granger, I leave my copy of the Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that it will help her in understanding and accepting Death.'

Hermione takes the copy in her hands, shaking:'That's a really shivering dedication, it's written in ancient runes...'

Harry continues:'To Harry James Potter, I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the rewards of self-sacrifice and skill, and for his extraordinary bravery...the Sword of Godric Gryffindor!'

HeRon:'Wow! where is it? it wasn't in the safebox!'

Harry:'Someone added a Post Scriptum: "Unfortunately the sword was not Dumbledore's to give away. The sword of Godric Gryffindor (change to Snape in DD's office while someone writes down as he speaks) is an important historical artefact that belongs to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry since its foundation.
As such, this Glorious Sword shall never leave the Castle, until I am Headmaster.
Severus Snape, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.'

Ron:'Great! a book of fairytales, a poetical pull outer and a snitch, and the one and only useful thing wasn't there!
To Hogwarts! That's where we should have gone!'

Hermione:'Yeah? And what's your plan to break into Snape's office and steal the sword from under his and every death eater's nose?'

Ron:'Maybe we should go after that instead of the Horcruxes! What if Dumbledore ultimately understood that only the sword of Gryffindor could kill the Heir of Slytherin?'

Harry:'Interesting theory! So why did Dumbledore weakened himself to death in that cave to retrieve the Locket, instead of finding You-Know-Who and sticking a sword in him?'

Ron:'So why do you reckon...'

Harry:'Dumbledore left me the sword? maybe he thought it would look nice on my wall!'

Ron:'Yeah, just add it to the list of the stuff you don't know!'

Harry:' I don't know, i don't know?'

Ron:'Yeah! we lost instead of gaining! you thought Dumbledore left something useful but he didn't!
We've just gone there to watch the Cattermoles die instead of rescuing them!
We can't go back to Grimmauld Place anymore, we're in the middle of nowhere with nothing!'
Hermione:' No, no it's all right, we mustn't fight'

Ron:' Don't pretend you aren't pis**** too Hermione! it's easy for you to pretend, with your parents safe at home!'

Harry:'MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!'

Ron: 'AND MINE COULD BE GOING THE SAME WAY!'
Ron and Harry take their wands, but Hermione is faster: Protego!

Harry: 'Go away then and don't say a word about my parents again! I said go! and leave the locket, now!'
Ron: 'What are you doing? (to Hermione) you come with me, don't you?
Hermione:' I...we...Ron, no we promised we'd go...with Harry, we said we'd help.'
Ron: 'I get it, you choose him'
Hermione:'No, Ron!'
Hermione can't pass through her own Shield Charm, Ron walks out.
Harry puts his face in his hands, still holding the tiny snitch.
Harry opens his eyes, and a close up of the snitch reveals another writing:
'I open at the close'
As Hermione cries, Harry is left with another of Dumbledore's riddles.

Old March 28th, 2009, 4:54 pm
Zonko's Employee

Ok, the "DON'T SAY HIS NAME!" thing was repeated TOO many times! We'd only need it two times at the most. I do like how you reference back to Hermione's line in the COS film about "fear of a name..."

And yeah, the libary scene was sort of pointless and you cut the lines about Voldemort not finding the orphanage special enough to hide a piece of his soul there.

Otherwise, I love the tent scenes! Just by reading this, I'm feeling great drama. I just hope they do as well for the film.

The scenes at Hogwarts would be very very dark. You kind of warmed me up to the idea of following Neville, Ginny and Luna...I was never a fan of doing that because I feel the trio need to feel isolated and we need to feel immersed with their quest, but that scene was very well-written. Except for the fact that you should have just made the tortured student a muggle-born and not a half-blood...just to make it more clearer.

Good idea about getting more of Dobby in there without him communicating with the trio and ruining the isolation thing.

Great job, Phrozenone!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old March 31st, 2009, 12:32 am
Fourth Year

Klaus, I adore your script. It's to the point, and does everything that the book should've. It's concise, has room to expand for depth, and doesn't get lost in exposition. I'm not an expert on adapting, so I don't know if any constructive criticism from me will do you much good, but if it helps... I am an expert movie-watcher? And I found your script thoroughly watchable .

Quote:
Harry:"Ron! Hermione! HIDE UNDER THE CLOAK!"
"WHY US?"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE DYING AT HOME, AND YOU'RE IN AUSTRALIA, HIDE I SAY'
Love, love, love that line. It makes me grin.

"WHAT THE DEVIL IS GOING ON HERE?"
-AVPM.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 1:27 am
Fourth Year

Thank you JAI!
I can totally see Daniel Radcliffe shouting that line!

Now this is my version of the Tale of the Three Brothers.
I have this idea that they're reading it with Luna (giving to her Xeno's lines) and Ollivander, in Malfoy Manor Dungeon, right after the capture.
And then they're brought upstairs to the Malfoys and Bella, and downstairs again as Hermione gets tortured.

Tale of the Three Brothers:    

MALFOY MANOR'S DUNGEON
Harry, Ron, Hermione talk to Luna and Ollivander about DD's will.

Luna: Hermione... did Dumbledore say that this book will help you to understand and accept Death?

Hermione: Yes, even though I don't see how, it's a book of fairytales.

Luna: True, but there's one about Death.

Olivander: Yes, the tales of the three brothers.

Hermione opens the book at The Tale's part and shouts in bewilderement:'Harry do you recognize it?'

Harry:'The symbol that was on my parents's grave!'

Hermione: 'And it was on another grave too, the one of Ignotus Peverell!'

Luna: 'Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?'

Hermione: 'Could this be this so called sign, Luna?' (showing to her the book)

Luna sees the sign on the page:'But then you have been misleading me Hermione! I thought you were new to the Hallows Quest!'

Hermione:'Er...what quest is this?'

Luna:'You have the book, why don't you read it aloud and then I explain'

Hermione raises an eyebrow, and winks to Ron to turn the deluminator on.

As a sphere of light pops out from Deluminator, it becomes the sun, ready to set in a valley parted by a river.

We are following three brothers, trekking a dangerous rocky road, they're bearded, and dressed up in a Middle-Aged fashion.

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Luna are in the background, transparents as ghosts, watching the Tale brought to life.

The brothers come to a treacherous river, and with a lazy flick of his wand the elder brother conjures a bridge.
They're almost across it, when they see a hooded, winged figure, almost invisible, neither human, nor ghost.
It's sitting on the ground, throwing dices.

'Antioch Peverell' it says
Antioch:'You know my name?'
Death:'and yours Cadmus and Ignotus Peverell, I am your death, and I have been waiting for you many winter moon.'
Cadmus:'Are you going to take us with you?'
Death: 'That is for you to decide, I will grant you a second chance, but you must prove worthy of it.
You be the first Cadmus, what's the most desperate desire of your heart?'

Close to Cadmus's eyes as in Occlumency, we see him crying over a girl's dead body.

Death: 'Oh, the stroke that hits the vein, grief! the curse no man can bear!
well my eyes are blind, like those of the ones I took with me.
Blinded by grief and ice that cannot be melted, but my heart...my heart can still sense from afar the love of the livings for their deads.
Take my heart, it will lead you to the woman you loved.'

Death puts her long-fingered hands into her bosom, where they retrieve a black stone.
Cadmus accept the Gift most gratefully, shivering as he daes, for the stone is freezing his whole body through the hand holding the stone.

Suddenly, Ignotus speaks: 'I want something to be unseen, so to hide from you and who wants me with you, until I can't face a day more of this life!'

Death looks at him with her eyeless face, a blow of wind, and Ignotus disappears.

His brothers scream, then turns to the Angel of Death, uncertain on what's happening.

Ignotus reappears slowly in sight, as if he'taking a big cloak off himself.

Death:'You have what you wished for child, now GO!'

Antioch is the first to speak:' I don't have a care for dead ones, and have no fear of you, death!
I want a wand, worthy of a wizard who has conquered you!'

Death smiles a toothless smile, and says:
'Well, but know that this Wand will be made of Elder, the tree of misfortune, as you, the elder brother, are very misfortuned indeed.
Because you must keep this wand at safe, or it will bring about the destruction of the Earth (The sand at Death's feet design, in a blow of wind, the figure of a bald noseless man holding a stick), not today, not tomorrow, but soon enough.
Knowing this, you still want this hallow from me?"

Antioch appears a little taken aback, when death spreads her wings, and gets face to face to him.

Death:'So child, choose carefully, the world, or your wand?'
Antioch:'the...the wand!'
Death:'Aaaaah, your day will come, and you my child, will suffer more than anyone!'
Antioch: 'I'll face that day, now make it.'
Death: 'It...(closes her fist, then opens it revealing the elder wand) is done'.
Death stands up and says:
'I've done what I can, now prove you worth of your second chance'.
Death backs away, but still holding the Elder Wand with the tips of her fingers, as though scared to get dirty with it.

Antioch:'Hey, Death! Won't you give to me that which is mine? Death!

Death disappears, the Elder Wand hits the ground, Antioch runs to take it.

Quick flashbacks of Cadmus freezing to death holding the stone, slithering on the ground, as his loved one comes to fetch him.
Antioch lays dead in a bed, in a pool of his own blood, wandless and defeated.
A very old Ignotus finds Death in that very same spot he first found her while crossing the river, throwing dices again.
Death smiles to him, but his time her smile looks full of love and affection.
Ignotus disappears, without the help of any cloak.

Fenrir: STAND UP! UP WE GO, BUNCH OF STIFFED MUDBLOODS!

Old April 4th, 2009, 10:02 pm
Second Year

"As a sphere of light pops out from Deluminator, it becomes the sun, ready to set in a valley parted by a river."

I love that transition, Klaus.

Last edited by tking; May 19th, 2009 at 3:30 pm.
Old April 5th, 2009, 1:46 am
Fourth Year

That was great Klaus!

Def different than what I'm doing in mine and I think I like yours better After I'm done doing DH pt. 1 and 2 I would love to start over and do a 1 movie script and see how it compares.

Great job though...keep up the good work

Now here's the next section of my script. Thanks to everyone that read and commented

Now this next section you guys will see a BIG change I made from the source. I for one am happy with it but let me know what you guys think.

;):    

Quote:
SWOOSH there is a wide shot of the forest and it is now fall. Leaves are falling everywhere as the camera zooms in on the tent.

INT. WOODS-TENT-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the trio sitting around a table. There are mushrooms and tiny fish on their plates. Ron, who is wearing the locket, picks angrily at the fish.

HERMIONE
Honestly Ron, stop picking at your food. I know it isn’t great but it’s all we have….

RON
That’s the problem; it’s all we’ve had for months now.

HERMIONE
Well that’s the price we had to pay to help Harry on his mission, did you honestly think food would be easy to come by?

RON
My mother can make food appear out of thin air.

HERMIONE
That’s not possible. Food is the first of the five Principal Exceptions to Gamp’s Law….

RON
Oh speak English won’t you?

HERMIONE
This is what we have Ronald. Harry caught the fish and I did my best with it! I notice I’m the one who ends up sorting out the food, because I’m a girl, I suppose!

RON
No, it’s because you’re supposed to be the best at magic!

HARRY
Shut up!

Harry jumps up and pulls out his wand.

RON
What’s your problem?

HARRY
I heard voices. Hermione…you cast the Muffliato charm over us right?

HERMIONE
I did everything. They shouldn’t be able to hear or see us, whoever they are.

Harry slowly walks out of the tent. Hermione and Ron follow and the camera pans over to show three dark figures sitting at the lake down the hill from where their campsite is. The three are sitting around a fire and they’re roasting fish over it. Harry puts his finger up over his lip signaling for them to remain quiet and the trio slowly walks down the hill towards the figures. They stand behind a huge tree and they’re able to see that the people are GRIPHOOK the goblin, Ted Tonks, and Dean Thomas.

HARRY
I wish we could hear what they’re saying.

Hermione smiles and pulls out Fred and George’s EXTENDABLE EARS. She sits the string down and it slowly moves towards the three cambers by itself and the stops right behind Ted.

EXT. WOOD-CAMPFIRE-MOMENTS LATER-NIGHT

TED
I’ve been on the run for about six weeks now. I refused to register as a Muggle-born on principle, see, so I knew it was a matter of time, knew I’d have to leave in the end. My wife should be okay, she’s pure-blood. Ran into Dean here about a few weeks ago.

GRIPHOOK
Muggle born aswell?

DEAN
Not sure. My dad left my mum when I was a kid. I’ve got no proof he was a wizard, though.

TED
But what about you Griphook? I had the impression the goblins were for You-Know-Who, on the whole?

GRIPHOOK
You had a false impression. We take no sides. This is a wizards war. I’m in hiding because I deemed it prudent. Having refused what I considered an impertinent request, I could see that my personal safety was in jeopardy.

DEAN
What did they ask you to do?

GRIPHOOK
Duties ill-befitting the dignity of my race. I am not a house elf. I had a small revenge however, before I left.

TED
You manage to lock a Death Eater up in one of the old high-security vaults at Gringotts I suppose?

GRIPHOOK
If I had, the sword would not have helped him break house.

Griphook laughs.

DEAN
I don’t get it.

GRIPHOOK
Neither does Severus Snape it seems. Did you not hear about the kids who tried to steal Gryffindor’s sword out of Snape’s office at Hogwarts a few weeks ago?

The camera cuts to a reaction shot of the trio.

TED
Never heard a word.

GRIPHOOK
Arthur Weasley’s youngest girl had some house elf apparate her into Snape’s office to steal the sword. She had friends watching out for Snape…they all got caught of course.

We see a look of shock on the trio’s face.

TED
What did they think, that they’d be able to use the sword on You-Know-Who?

GRIPHOOK
Whatever the reason was Snape decided the sword wasn’t safe where it was. Couple of days later, once he’d got the say-so from You-Know-Who; I imagine he sent it down to London to be kept in Gringotts instead.

Griphook laughs.

DEAN
What’s so funny?

GRIPHOOK
The sword of Gryffindor is a fake. It is a copy…an excellent copy. The original was forged centuries ago by goblins and had certain properties only goblin-made armor possess. Wherever the genuine sword of Gryffindor is, it is not in a vault at Gringotts bank.

DEAN
So what happened to Ginny and the others? The one’s who tried to steal it.

GRIPHOOK
Oh, they were punished, and cruelly.

TED
They’re okay though? I mean, the Weasley’s don’t need any more of their kids injured, do they?

GRIPHOOK
They suffered no serious injury, as far as I am aware.

TED
Lucky for them. With Snape’s track record I suppose we should just be glad they’re still alive. This is the man who killed Dumbledore after all.

GRIPHOOK
You believe that?

TED
Of course! Who else could have done it? Harry Potter? I know the Prophet is making Potter look guilty but by all means….

GRIPHOOK
So where is Potter? Run for it, by the looks of things.

DEAN
I know Harry Potter and he’s the real thing. The Chosen One…or whatever you want to call it. Shame the Prophet is infiltrated now…the truth should be heard.

TED
Ah but it is Dean. The Quibbler is still writing the facts.

DEAN
The Quibbler? Isn’t that Luna Lovegood’s fathers paper?

TED
The very same! Xeno is printing all the stuff the Prophet is ignoring. How long they’ll let him get away with it, I don’t know.

DEAN
And the fact that Harry hasn’t got caught yet proves he’s still out there.

TED
Indeed and next time I see him I’d like to shake his hand. Good thing he’s doing…here’s hoping he’ll succeed.

We see Hermione reeling in the extendable ears. The trio stares at each other in silence for a moment.

INT. WOODS-TENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Hermione rushing into the tent. Ron follows in a few seconds later.

HARRY
Ginny…the sword….

HERMIONE
I know!

HARRY
And the house elf..do you think…?

HERMIONE
Dobby…it has to be. Ginny knows how loyal he is to you and she probably went to him for help.

Hermione grabs her bag and starts looking through it. She pulls out the portrait of Phineas Nigellus.

HERMIONE
If somebody swapped the real sword for the fake while it was in Dumbledore’s office, Phineas Nigellus would have seen it happen; he hangs right beside the case!

She leans the picture against the bed and kneels down in front of it.

HERMIONE
Phineas Nigellus? Professor Black? Please could we talk to you? Please?

PHINIEAS (Offscreen)
Please always helps.

Phinieas slowly appears in the portrait and Hermione quickly points her wand at him.

HERMIONE
OBSCURO!

SWOOSH a blindfold appears over Phineas face.

PHINEAS
What! How dare you!

HERMIONE
I’m very sorry, Professor Black, but it’s a necessary precaution.

PHINEAS
Remove this foul addition at once! Where am I? What is going on?

HARRY
Never mind where we are.

PHINEAS
Can that possibly be the voice of the elusive Mr. Potter?

HARRY
Maybe. We’ve got a couple of questions to ask you…about the sword of Gryffindor.

PHINEAS
Ah yes. That silly girl acted most unwisely there…

RON
Shut up about my sister!

PHINEAS
The girl and her friends were foolhardy in the extreme. Thieving from the headmaster’s office!

HARRY
They weren’t thieving. That sword isn’t Snape’s.

PHINEAS
It belongs to Professor Snape’s school. Exactly what claim did the Weasley girl have upon it? She deserved her punishment, as did the idiot Longbottom and the Lovegood oddity!

HARRY
How did Snape punish them?

PHINEAS
Professor Snape sent them into the Forbidden Forest, to do some work for the oaf, Hagrid.

Harry laughs.

HARRY
I bet they had a good laugh with Hagrid. The Forbidden Forest…they’ve faced plenty worse. Big deal!

HERMIONE
What we really wanted to know, Professor Black, is whether anyone else has taken the sword at all? Maybe it’s been taken away for cleaning…..

PHINEAS
Goblin-made armor does not require cleaning, simple girl. I grow weary of this now; it is time for me to return to the headmaster’s office!

He turns to leave the portrait.

HARRY
Dumbledore! Couldn’t you bring him along, here, into your portrait?

PHINEAS
The portraits of Hogwarts may commune with each other, but they cannot travel outside the castle except to visit a painting of themselves hanging elsewhere. Dumbledore cannot come here with me and after the treatment I have received; I can assure you that I shall not be making a return visit!

HERMIONE
Professor Black couldn’t you just tell us, please, when was the last time the sword was taken out of its case? Before Ginny took it out, I mean?

PHINEAS
If you must know the last time I saw the sword of Gryffindor leave its case was when Professor Dumbledore used it to break open a ring.

Hermione and Harry both cast a look at each other.

PHINEAS
Well, good night to you!

SWOOSH and like that Phineas leaves the portrait.

HERMIONE
Harry!

HARRY
I know!

He jumps up in excitement and starts to pace.

HERMIONE
The sword can destroy Horcruxes! Goblin-made blades imbibe only that which strengthen them….Harry, that sword’s impregnated with basilisk venom!

HARRY
And Dumbledore didn’t give it to me because he still needed it; he wanted to use it on the locket….

HERMIONE
And he must have realized they wouldn’t let you have it if he put it in his will so he made a copy and put a fake in the glass case!

HARRY
So where did he leave the real one?

HERMIONE
Somehwere in Hogsmeade?

HARRY
The Shrieking Shack? Nobody ever goes in there.

HERMIONE
But Snape knows how to get in; wouldn’t that be a bit risky?

HARRY
Dumbledore trusted Snape.

HERMIONE
Not enough to tell him that he had swapped the swords.

HARRY
You’re right! What do you think Ron? Ron?

Harry turns and notices Ron sitting on his bed glaring at both of them.

RON
Oh, remembered me, have you? You two carry on; don’t let me spoil your fun.

HARRY
What’s your problem?

RON
Problem? I have no problem.

BOOM we hear thunder in the distance and then rain drops pounding against the tent.

HARRY
Well, you’ve obviously got a problm. Spit it out, will you?

Ron stands up; looking the angriest they have ever seen him.

RON
All right, I’ll spit it out. Don’t expect me to skip up and down the tent because there’s some other damn thing we’ve got to find. Just add it to the list of stuff you don’t know.

HARRY
I don’t know?

RON
It’s not like I’m not having the time of my life here. Nothing to eat and freezing my backside of every night. I just hoped, you know, after we’d been running around for weeks, we’d have achieved something.

HERMIONE
Ron….

BOOM there is another CRASH of lightening and a flash.

HARRY
I thought you knew what you’d signed up for?

RON
Yeah, I thought I did too.

HARRY
So what part of it isn’t living up to your expectations? Did you think we’d be staying in five-star hotels?

RON
We thought you knew what you were doing! We thought Dumbledore told you what to do, we thought you had a real plan!

HERMIONE
Ron!

HARRY
Well, sorry to let you down. I’ve been straight with you from the start; I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And in case you haven’t noticed, we’ve found one Horcrux….

RON
Yeah, and we’re about as near getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them….nowhere effing near, in other words!

HERMIONE
Take off the locket, Ron. You wouldn’t be talking like this if you hadn’t been wearing it all day.

HARRY
Yeah, he would.

RON
Even Hermione said she was disappointed, she thought you had a bit more to go on than….

HERMIONE
I didn’t say it like that!

HARRY
So why are you still here?

RON
Search me!

Ron storms out of the tent into the rain. Harry rushes after him and Hermione follows.

HARRY
Yeah…go home then!

RON
Maybe I will! Didn’t you hear what they said about my sister? But you don’t give a rat’s fart, do you; it’s only the Forbidden Forest…

HARRY
I was only saying…she was with the others, they were with Hagrid!

RON
Yeah, I get it, you don’t care! What about the rest of my family Harry? Didn’t you hear them? ‘The Weasley’s don’t need another kid injured!’

HERMIONE
Ron I don’t think it means anything new has happened…plenty of people must know George lost his ear…

RON
Oh, you’re sure, are you? Right then, well, I won’t bother myself about them. It’s all right for you two, with your parents safely out of the way….

HARRY
My parents are dead!

RON
And mine could be going the same way!

HARRY
Then GO! Go back to them, pretend you’ve got over your spattergroit and Mummy’ll be able to feed you and…

BAM Harry is thrown back by a spell Ron throws at him. Harry jumps up and pulls out his wand and casts a spell…

HERMIONE
PROTEGO!

The spell is blocked and Harry and Ron stare at each other angrily, as rain continues to fall heavily on them.

HERMIONE
Please you two!

HARRY
Leave the Horcrux.

Ron takes off the locket and throws it onto the ground. Ron looks over at Hermione.

RON
What are you doing?

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

RON
Are you staying or what?

HERMIONE
Yes I’m staying Ron, we said we’d go with Harry, we said we’d help….

RON
I get it. You choose him.

HERMIONE
Ron..no..please…come back!

Ron begins to walk away and Hermione begins to chase after him.

RON
PROTEGO!

A barrier forms that blocks Hermione from passing through. Ron continues to walk further away from them into the woods. Then SWOOSH he is gone.

HERMIONE
Ron! Please! Ron!!!!

Hermione falls to her knees and begins to cry as the rain continues to pour. Harry walks over and picks up the Horcrux staring down at it. The camera slowly zooms in onto the locket.

EXT. MONTAGE-FOLLOWING WEEKS

The scene slowly fades to a wide shot view of the entire country side. We see Harry and Hermione walking slowly through different landscapes. Slowly snow begins to fall and we transition into winter. We see shots of Hermione sadly putting up the protections around them and slowly fades to Phineas appearing in the portrait again and Hermione sitting down in front of it. The scene then cuts to Harry laying in his bed staring at the Mauraders Map. The camera zooms in to show Ginny Weasley’s name slowly moving across the map. Harry then grasps the locket and slowly twitches his neck. He sits the map down and sits up.

INT. TENT-WEEKS LATER-NIGHT

Harry looks over and notices Hermione reading the book Dumbledore gave her in his will.

HARRY
So any clues yet?

HERMIONE
No. I’ve read these stories dozens of times looking for clues but…wait a moment…Harry take a look at this.

Harry walks over and looks into the book and Hermione points out a symbol hidden within one of the letters of the stories title.

HERMIONE
I never noticed it before. It’s so small…what do you think it is?

HARRY
I don’t know…wait…isn’t that the same symbol Luna’s dad was wearing around his neck?

HERMIONE
I think you’re right…and look…

She turns to the front of the book.

HERMIONE
Look at Dumbledore’s signature. The A….

HARRY
It’s the symbol…

HERMIONE
I think this is what Dumbledore wanted me to find. But what does it mean. Did Luna’s father say anything?

HARRY
He said it had something to do with Hallows or something…I don’t remember it was so long ago.

HERMIONE
Maybe we could go ask him.

HARRY
Hermione….

HERMIONE
He’s on our side Harry. Remember what Mr. Tonks said, his paper is the only one printing the truth and I know he’ll be willing to meet us. If only we knew where he lived…

HARRY
He told me…over the hill from the Weasley’s…it shouldn’t be that hard to find.

INT. NIGHT-HILLTOP-MOMENTS LATER

They both look at each other and the scene cuts to a wideshot of a hill and SWOOSH Harry and Hermione pull the cloak off of themselves. The camera pans over their shoulder to show The Burrow off in the distance and on the opposite side of the hill stood a strange looking house.

HARRY
That’s got to be Luna’s house…there…

HERMIONE
I think you’re right…let’s go…

They throw the invisibility cloak over them and the scene cuts to us seeing there footsteps walking up the trail towards the house. The camera pans up to show the three hand painted signs in front of the house which read,

THE QUIBBLER. EDITOR: X. LOVEGOOD

PICK YOUR OWN MISTLETOE

KEEP OFF THE DIRIGBLE PLUMS

EXT. LOVEGOODS HOME-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

Once they make it to the steps they pull of the Invisibility Cloak. As Hermione places it in her bag Harry takes a deep breath and takes the knocker and knockes three times. BAM the door flies open and a nervous looking Xenophilius opens the door.

XENO
What? What is it? Who are you? What do you want!?!?

HARRY
Hello, Mr. Lovegood. I’m Harry, Harry Potter.

Xeno stares down at Harry, not saying a word.

HARRY
There’s something we’d like to ask you. Would it be okay if we came in?

Xeno casts a side look over at his garden.

XENO
I’m not sure that’s advisable….I’m afraid I don’t really think I ought to…

HARRY
It won’t take long.

XENO
Oh…oh all right then. Come in, quickly. Quickly!

Hermione and Harry rush in and we see Xeno take another quick look outside and BAM shuts the door.

INT. LOVEGOODS HOME-NIGHT-SECONDS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Hermione looking curiously at their kitchen.

XENO
Follow me.

They follow him up a spiral staircase . Once they reach the top the camera pans over to show the stacks of books, models of creatures, and an old printing press that is churning out issues of ‘The Quibbler’ Harry takes a newspaper and stares down at it.

XENO
So why did you come here Mr. Potter?

Harry sits the paper down and faces him.

HARRY
We need help.

XENO
Help. Yes, well….helping Harry Potter…is rather dangerous…

HARRY
I heard you were printing good things…the truth…in your paper and I just thought….

XENO
Yes….yes…well…

HERMIONE
You seem like you don’t want to help us. Where’s Luna? She should be home for Holiday now shouldn’t she?

XENO
Luna…yes..she’s….down at the stream, fishing for Freshwater Plimpies.

HERMIONE
There’s no such thing…

HARRY
Hermione….

XENO
She will like to see you…yes…I’ll go and call her and then….I shall help you.

He quickly exits and we hear the door slam. Harry and Hermione look at each other.

HERMIONE
Did he seem a bit….

HARRY
Odd…yeah…not the same man I met at my birthday party that’s for sure.

Harry walks over and looks out of the window and we see a tiny bird fly by. He stares off into the distance and we see a faint view of ‘The Burrow’

HARRY
This is the closest we’ve been to anyone in months. Everyone I love…is just over that hill. I wonder if Ron went home.

He pauses and we see Hermione drop her head as he says this. Harry turns around.

HARRY
Hermione I’m sorry….

HERMIONE
No…it's fine...

We hear the door slam again and moments later Xeno appears at the top of the stairs.

XENO
Luna is down beyond Bottom Bridge, she is most excited that you are here. She ought not be too long, she has caught nearly enough Plimpies to make soup for all of us. Do sit down. Would you like an infusion of Gurdyroots?

HARRY and HERMIONE
No thanks.

XENO
Oh please you are my guests.

HARRY
Alright then.

XENO
Yes well sit down.

Harry and Hermione take a seat and Xeno pours the deep purple drink into two tea cups and then sits down in a seat across from them.

XENO
There’s sugar there if you need it. So…how may I help you Mr. Potter.

HARRY
Well…it’s about that symbol you were wearing around your neck at my birthday party. We were wondering what it meant.

XENO
Are you referring to the sign or the Deathly Hallows?

Last edited by Phrozenone; May 17th, 2009 at 10:38 pm.
Old April 5th, 2009, 2:13 am

*runs to read this one before he's told off *
Quote:
HARRY
And the house elf..do you think…?

HERMIONE
Dobby…it has to be. Ginny knows how loyal he is to you and she probably went to him for help.
Hmm, I think that in the movieverse that they wouldn't have suspected Dobby this easily, and I would prefer that they solved this mystery in the Manor

Concerning your change, I can't say too much with only reading half of the scene, but are you cutting GH completely? - how are you gonna break his wand? - are you gonna talk about DD's past there?

Old April 5th, 2009, 2:39 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
*runs to read this one before he's told off *
That was wise

Quote:
Hmm, I think that in the movieverse that they wouldn't have suspected Dobby this easily, and I would prefer that they solved this mystery in the Manor

Concerning your change, I can't say too much with only reading half of the scene, but are you cutting GH completely? - how are you gonna break his wand? - are you gonna talk about DD's past there?
I had them figure it out since Dobby was at Harry's bday and told him he'd help in any way he can. Although your idea may work...hmm..I'll think on that. Thanks

And as for the rest.

You'll see

Also thanks for the names of the brothers Klaus. I needed them for the tale I'm writing and was resorting to (Oldest Brother...Middle Brother...Youngest Brother) but names work better

Old April 5th, 2009, 2:46 am

Oh, I forgot you had Dobby at the birthday - see I'm hopeless at reading your scripts
Since you had him there, what you did would work

Old April 12th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Fourth Year

So I'm finally done with my first draft of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!!!

I'm really excited about it and it actually times out to be about 2.5 hours which I was hoping for Let me know what you guys think and then we can really discuss in detail my ideas and why I did certain things.

So here it is. The finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 1 as told by me. Now I'm going to post the beginning of the Lovegood scene because I've changed some things. Nothing major. I just cut out something that ended up being important So here it is everyone and I hope you enjoy!

:D:    

Quote:
They follow him up a spiral staircase. Once they reach the top the camera pans over to show the stacks of books, models of creatures, and there is a large PRINTING PRESS churning out newspapers. Xeno quickly waves his wand and a huge tablecloth flies over it muffling the sound.

XENO
So why did you come here Mr. Potter?

HERMIONE
Mr. Lovegood….what’s that?

The camera pans over to show an ERUMPENT HORN hanging from the wall.

XENO
It is the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack.

HERMIONE
No it isn’t!

HARRY
Hermione…not now….

HERMIONE
Mr. Lovegood you need to get rid of it straighaway, don’t you know it can explode at the slightest touch? I recognize the grooved markings around the base. That’s an Erumpent horn and it’s incredibly dangerous...I don’t know where you got it…

XENO
I bought it two weeks ago, from a delightful young wizard who knew of my interst in the exquisite Snorkack. It’s a Christmas surprise for my Luna. Now, why exactly have you come here Mr. Potter?

HARRY
We need help.

XENO
Help. Yes, well….helping Harry Potter…is rather dangerous…

HARRY
I heard you were printing good things…the truth…in your paper and I just thought….

XENO
Yes….yes…well…

HERMIONE
You seem like you don’t want to help us. Where’s Luna? She should be home for Holiday now shouldn’t she?

XENO
Luna…yes..she’s….down at the stream, fishing for Freshwater Plimpies.

HERMIONE
There’s no such thing…

HARRY
Hermione….

XENO
She will like to see you…yes…I’ll go and call her and then….I shall help you.

He quickly exits and we hear the door slam. Harry and Hermione look at each other.

HERMIONE
Did he seem a bit….

HARRY
Odd…yeah…not the same man I met at my birthday party that’s for sure.

Harry walks over and looks out of the window and we see a tiny bird fly by. He stares off into the distance and we see a faint view of ‘The Burrow’

HARRY
This is the closest we’ve been to anyone in months. Everyone I love…is just over that hill. I wonder if Ron went home.

He pauses and we see Hermione drop her head as he says this. Harry turns around.

HARRY
Hermione I’m sorry….

HERMIONE
No…please….

We hear the door slam again and moments later Xeno appears at the top of the stairs.

XENO
Luna is down boyound Bottom Bridge, she is most excited that you are here. She ought not be too long, she has caught nearly enough Plimpies to make soup for all of us. Do sit down. Would you like an infusion of Gurdyroots?

HARRY and HERMIONE
No thanks.

XENO
Oh please you are my guests.

HARRY
Alright then.

XENO
Yes well sit down.

Harry and Hermione take a seat and Xeno pours the deep purple drink into two tea cups and then sits down in a seat across from them.

XENO
There’s sugar there if you need it. So…how may I help you Mr. Potter.

HARRY
Well…it’s about that symbol you were wearing around your neck at my birthday party. We were wondering what it meant.

XENO
Are you referring to the sign or the Deathly Hallows?

HERMIONE
The Deathly Hallows?

XENO
That’s right. You haven’t heard of them? I’m not surprised. Very few wizards believe. Many think it’s a dark symbol but there’s nothing dark about the Hallows…at least, not in the crude sense. One simply uses the symbol to reveal oneself to other believers, in the hope that they might help one with the Quest.

Xeno takes a sip of the drink.

HARRY
I don’t understand.

Harry then slowly takes a sip of the drink and nearly gags. Hermione holds back a chuckle.

XENO
Well, you see, believers seek the Deathly Hallows.

HERMIONE
But what are the Deathly Hallows?

XENO
I assume that you are familiar with ‘The Tale of the Three Brothers?”

HARRY
No…

HERMIONE
Yeah…that’s the story Dumbledore drew the symbol on Harry…..

She pulls out the book and opens it and points it out to Harry.

HERMIONE
Right there…’The Tale of the Three Brothers’…

XENO
Is that the Original? Can I see.

Hermione hands the book over to Xeno.

XENO
Ah yes this is the original copy of ‘The Tales of Beedle the Bard’

HERMIONE
But what does that story have to do with The Deathly Hallows?

XENO
Why don’t I just read it to you?

Xeno flips to the page.

XENO
There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight….

As he reads we see the camera camera zoom in on the words and slowly fade to a shot of the three brothers walking down a street. As Xeno reads we see them act out his words.

XENO (V.O.)
In time, the brothers reached a river to deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. However, these brothers were learned in the magical arts, and so they simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across it when they found their path b locked by a hooded figure. And Death spoke to them….

HARRY (V.O.)
Wait….

The scene cuts back to real time.

HARRY
Sorry but Death…spoke to them?

HERMIONE
It’s a fairy tale, Harry.

HARRY
Right, sorry. Go on.

XENO
Yes…well….

The scene cuts back to the brothers standing in front of Death.

XENO (V.O.)
And Death spoke to them. He was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims but Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate them upon their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him.

DEATH
I will give you anything you want…anything at all. Tell me…what is your hearts desire?

IGNOTUS
I don’t think he’s to be trusted brothers. He is death after all. He wants us to die.

CADMUS
Quiet Ignotus! This could be the chance we’ve all been looking for.

IGNOTUS
But Cadmus…Antioch talk to him.

ANTIOCH
That’s enough Ignotus! So…anything you say?

DEATH
What does your heart desire?

ANTIOCH
I want a wand. The most powerful wand ever to be made. A wand that must always win duels for its owner, a wand worthy of a wizard who had conquered death!

Death smiles and we see Ignotus drop his head. Death raises his hand and we see a nearby Elder tree start to shake violently. BOOM it is up rooted and begins to spin and then SWOOSH it explodes and floating in its place is a WAND. The wand floats in front of Antioch’s face. He takes it and looks down at it and Death walks over to Cadmus.

DEATH
And you?

CADMUS
I want the power to bring back the dead.

We see Death hesitate and then he smiles. SWOOSH a wind comes and we see a small stone floating in the wind. He stops in front of Cadmus and begins to spin.

DEATH
All you must do is turn this stone three times and you will have the power to bring back the dead.

Cadmus smiles and takes the stone. Death walks over to Ignotus who looks distraught.
DEATH
And for you?

Ignotus stares at Death for a second in silence.

IGNOTUS
I want…I want….

He glances over to his brothers who are both admiring there gifts.

IGNOTUS
I want something that will enable me to go forth from this place without being followed by Death itself.

Death frowns at this. Death opens his cloak and pulls out an Invisibility Cloak. He hands it to Ignotus who takes it and throws it over himself and he disappears.

DEATH
Now you may pass…until…next time.

He smiles and burst into flames which fly off it all directions. We see a wideshot of the brothers standing in front of the river again. The camera keeps moving upwards as clouds start sweeping across the screen.

XENO (V.O.)
In due course the brothers separated, each for his own destination.

We see the clouds quickly morph into a fire, turn violently and BAM fly towards a wizard knocking him backwards. The camera pans over to show Antioch with his wand pointed in the direction of the wizard. He laughs as another wizard fires a spell at him, but it is quickly deflected and BOOM that wizard is knocked back. The camera pans up to show a group of wizards, all dead, laying in Antiochs wake. He begins to laugh loudly.

ANTIOCH
I am UNSTOPPABLE! This wand, taken by death itself, is mine alone and with it I will do great things!

BOOM the wand is blast out of his hand by an unknown wizard. Antioch looks around in shock before trying to run and retrieve the wand. Before he can reach it BOOM he is blasted back and CRASHES into a wall. We see a wizard come out of the darkness and picks up the wand.

WIZARD
You know, you probably shouldn’t boast so much and put down your guard. You never know who’s listening.

The wizard smiles and turns and walks away.

ANTIOCH
No…NO!!!

He starts to cough up blood and his breathing gets heavier. We start to hear his heart beat over the screen slowing down and out of the shadow Death appears with a smile on his face. Antioch gives out a scream of rage as the scene cuts to a house sitting in the distance. There is a FLASH of lightning and we see Cadmus sitting on his bed rocking back and forth with tears running his eyes. We see in his hand the stone and the camera pans over to show a girl. She looks sad and has a ghostly quality to her.

CADMUS
All I wanted….was to see you again…to finally marry you..but you’re suffering now that I brought you back. There’s only one way I can truly join you my love.

We see Cadmus pull out a knife and the camera cuts to show the stone falling out of his hand and blood slowly trickles from his hand onto the stone. The girl disappears and out of the shadow we see Death appear again with a smile on his face. The camera passes through Deaths eyes and there is a wind as we see a wideshot of the forest again.

XENO (V.O.)
Death searched for the third brother for many years, yet he was never able to find him. It was only when he had attained a great age that the youngest brother finally took off the Cloak of Invisibility and gave it to his son.

We cut to a shot of Death standing in front of the same river as before and we see a figure walking up from behind. Death turns and see’s and an aged Ignotus walking slowly towards him. Ignotus smiles at death and death does the same. Opening his arms for him and they greet each other like old friends. The camera then finally pans up and towards the sky, which is full of letters now, and passes through those letters back into the the real world and onto Xeno.

XENO
And he greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, equals, they departed this life.

Xeno closes the book and stares at Harry and Hermione. They both sit there in silence.

XENO
Well there you have it.

HERMIONE
Sorry?

XENO
Those are the Deathly Hallows.

He gets up and grabs a piece of parchment and sits it on a table. Harry and Hermione stand behind him.

XENO
The Elder Wand.

Xeno draws a straight vertical line.

XENO
The Resurrection Stone.

He draws a circle on top of the line.

XENO
The Cloak of Invisibility.

He encloses both the cirle and line in a triangle.

XENO
Together the Deathly Hallows.

HERMIONE
But there is no mention of the words ‘Deathly Hallows’ in the story.

XENO
Well, of course not. That is a children’s tale, told to amuse rather than to instruct. Those of us who understand these matters, however, recognize that the ancient story refers to three objects, or Hallows, which, if united, will make the possessor master of Death.

HERMIONE
Mr. Lovegood…I’m sorry…but how can you possibly believe this. We all know there are such things as Invisibility Cloaks. They are rare, but they exist, but….

XENO
Ah but the third Hallaw is a true Cloack of Invisiblity, Miss Granger! We are talking about a cloak that really and truly renders the wearer completely invisible, and endures eternally, giving constant and impenetrable concealment, no matter what spells are cast at it. How many cloaks have you ever seen like that, Miss Granger?

Harry and Hermione both cast a side look at each other.

XENO
Exatly. Now many of us believe the three in the tale are indeed the Peverell brothers. Antioch, Cadmus, and Ignotus. We believe they were the original owners.

HARRY
So the Elder Wand. Do you think that exists too?

XENO
The Elder Wand is the Hallow that is most easily traced, because of the way in which is passes from hand to hand. You see the possessor of the wand must capture it from its previous owner, if he is to be truly master of it. Now if you will excuse me, I’ll go and grab us some dinner. You will stay for dinner will you?

HARRY
Yeah…sure.

Xeno gives a faint smile, a quick glance at the window, and goes downstairs.

HERMIONE
This is utter rubbish. This can’t be what the sign really means.

Harry begins to pace.

HARRY
The Cloak, the wand, and the stone. Hermione do you think there is truly a wand that is unbeatable?

HERMIONE
Well there have been stores about extra-powerful wands for hundreds of years. The Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny, it has different names through the centuries but it’s all nonsense.

HARRY
But how do you know? Those wands could all be this…Elder wand…he was right about the Cloak Hermione. I have it.

HERMIONE
Yeah I know Harry...it’s just…hard to believe. Harry?

Harry is at the stairs and looking up at the next level. The camera pans up and we see Harry’s own face staring down at him. Harry slowly begins to climb up the stairs.

HERMIONE
Harry, what are you doing? Harry come back!

INT. LOVEGOOD HOME-LUNA’S ROOM-NIGHT

We see Harry walk into Luna’s room. The camera pans up to show her bedroom ceiling with five painted faces: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. They look like they’re breathing and the word ‘friends’ was written thousands of times in golden ink under their pictures.

HARRY
Wow.

He then looks around and notices that the room was empty. No clothes in the cupboard and the bed looks like it hasn’t been slept in for weeks. Harry frowns slightly and runs downstairs and see’s Xeno placing the tray of food of a table.

INT. LOVEGOOD HOME-SECOND LEVEL-MOMENTS LATER.

XENO
Ah there you are.

HERMIONE
Harry….what’s wrong?

HARRY
Where’s Luna Mr. Lovegood?

XENO
Excuse me?

HARRY
Luna…where is she?

XENO
I’ve told you already. She is down at Bottom Bride, fishing for Plimpies.

HARRY
So why have you only laid that tray for three?

Xeno face freezes in fear. Hermione looks over at him suspiciously.

HARRY
I don’t think Luna’s been here for weeks. Her clothes are gone; her bed hasn’t been slept in. Where is she? And why do you keep looking out of the window?

Xeno goes to move but Hermione and Harry both pull out their wands on him. He glances over to the object under the cloak. Harry runs over and pulls the tablecloth off of the printing press and we see hundreds of copies of the newspaper being printed. Harry picks up a copy of ‘THE QUIBBLER’ and on the cover is a picture of him with the words ‘UNDESIRABLE NUMBER ONE’ and a caption of the reward money.

HARRY
The Quibbler’s going for a new angle then? Is that what you were doing when you went into the garden, Mr. Lovegood? Sending an owl to the Ministry.

Tears begin to fall down Xeno’s eyes.

XENO
They….they took my Luna.

INT. HOGWARTS-CORRIDOR-NIGHT-WEEKS AGO (FLASHBACK)

The scene cuts to a shot of Luna walking down a corridor at Hogwarts. She turns the corner and standing there is Alecto with a smile on her face.

ALECTO
Told you your father was going to pay for printing that filth.

BOOM Luna is surrounded by ropes as Alecto laughs. We see Greyback appear from behind and cover her head with a bag.

INT. LOVEGOOD’S HOME-PRESENT DAY-DAWN

XENO
They took her because of what I’ve been writing. They might give her back to me if I…if…

HERMIONE
You hand over Harry?

HARRY
Let’s get out of here.

XENO
I must save Luna! I cannot lose her. You must not leave!

He blocks them from going down the stairs.

XENO
They’ll be here at any moment.

HARRY
Don’t make us hurt you. Get out of the way, Mr. Lovegood.

HERMIONE
HARRY!

Harry looks over and in the distance we see two dark clouds of smoke flying quickly over the horizon towards the house. Xeno uses the moment to pull out his wand. Harry quickly notices and shoves Hermione out of the way. BAM a spell flies out of Xeno’s wand barely missing Harry and Hermione and BOOM it hits the Erumpent horn. There is a huge explosion and most of the room is blown to shreds. Harry is thrown against the far wall as debris pour over him, Xeno is thrown downstairs, and Hermione hits the Printing Press. BOOM Luna’s bed comes crashing down from the upperlevel. The camera quickly plummets through the rubble and onto Lovegood who has landed on a table. CRASH the door is blown open and Greyback and TRAVERS walk into the house.

GREYBACK
Didn’t I tell you there was no need to hurry, Travers. Didn’t I tell you this nutter was just raving as usual?

XENO
No…wait…Potter is upstairs.

Xeno starts to scream out in pain as Greyback points his wand in his direction.

GREYBACK
I told you last week, Lovegood, we weren’t coming back for anything less than some solid information!

BAM Xeno is hit with another spell and thrown against the wall.

The camera pans up to show Harry and Hermione, both covered in dust and debris, looking down from a small hole in the upper level.

XENO
I beg you…it really is Potter! Really!

TRAVERS
You lying piece of filth. You’ve never seen Potter in your life, have you? Thought you’d lure us here to kill us, did you? And you think you’ll get your girl back like this?

GREYBACK
I do smell Potter, but it could be a trick like at the train station earlier this year. That trick is old Lovegood!

TRAVERS
Homenum revelio!

A strange shadow appears over Harry and Hermione’s body. There is a loud snape and Travers looks over at Greyback.

TRAVERS
There’s someone here alright.

GREYBACK
You can have your little girl, Lovegood. If you get up those stairs and bring me down Harry Potter. If it’s a trick…well….

He licks his lips.

GREYBACK
Maybe I’ll save a bit of your daughter for you to bury.

Xeno quickly jumps up and tries to remove to debris blocking the stairs.

HARRY
We’ve got to get out of here.

HERMIONE
Do you trust me, Harry?

Harry nods.

HERMIONE
Okay then, take my hand.

Harry and Hermione stand up and Harry grabs Hermione’s hand. Hermione points her wand at the stairs and just as Xeno appears at the top…

HERMIONE
Obliviate!

BAM he is thrown backwards and she points her wand at the floor.

HERMIONE
Deprimo!

BAM the floor between them is blown to shreds and they both begin to fall. Greyback and Travers both look up and notice Harry and Hermione falling and SWOOSH they are gone.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-DAWN-MOMENTS LATER

BOOM they appear in a forest and fall into the snow. Hermione quickly jumps up and starts putting up the protection and Harry tries to gain composure. SWOOSH the final spell is casts and Hermione falls to her knees in exhaustion.

HERMIONE
I hope they don’t kill Mr. Lovegood. That’s why I wanted the Death Eaters to get a glimpse of Harry before we left, so they knew Xenophilius hadn’t been lying. Also…

HARRY
They won’t hurt Luna. Brillaint Hermione. I hope she’s okay.

HERMIONE
Luna’s tough…she’ll be fine.

HARRY
Right…well…let’s get the tent up shall we?

INT. FOREST OF DEAN-TENT-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Harry and Hermione inside of the tent. Hermione is reading Beedle the Bard and Harry is staring at the locket.

HERMIONE
This is ridiculous. I still don’t see how he got Deathly Hallows from this story.

HARRY
Its’ been a long night Hermione, rest on it, we’ll discuss it in the morning.

Hermione glances over to the empty portrait of Phineas.

HERMIONE
I wonder if Phineas knows anything about this?

HARRY
Probably. It’s late so he’s probably sleeping or something.

HERMIONE
Yeah…you’re right.

HARRY
Where are we anyway Hermione?

HERMIONE
Oh…the Forest of Dean. My parents would bring me here camping. It’s the first place I thought of.

HARRY
Right…well...get some sleep…

HERMIONE
Night Harry.

She turns off the light and lies in her bed and Harry lays down as well. As he falls asleep the scene slowly fades to a shot of Dumbledore on the ASTRONOMY TOWER. We see Snape walk up to him and BOOM Dumbledore is hit with a spell and Harry jumps up from his sleep. He looks over to Hermione, still sleeping, and puts on his coat and walks outside.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

Harry steps into the darkness and begins to walk slowly. He yawns and a LIGHT catches his eye. There’s a faint white light in the distance moving slowly towards him. Harry pulls out his wand and points it in the direction of the light. All of a sudden a silver-white doe steps from behind a tree. Harry lowers his wand and stares at the creature in awe. Harry and to Doe stare at each other in silence for a moment and the Doe turns and walks away.

HARRY
(whispers)
No…

Harry quickly runs after the Doe. We see the Doe going deeper and deeper into the forest and Harry walks slowly behind it, keeping her in his sight. The Doe walks up to a frozen lake and pauses. She turns around and looks at Harry and slowly vanishes. Now Harry, standing in pitch black, gets a panicked look in his eyes.

HARRY
Lumos!

The wand lights up and Harry starts to look around to see if anyone is there. He then begins to walk towards the lake slowly. He raises his wand and there is something there. Harry drops to his knees and angles his wand just right to see what it was. The Sword of Gryffindor lies at the bottom of the lake.

HARRY
(Whispers)
The sword of Gryffinor.

Harry looks around to see if anyone is watching.

HARRY
Accio Sword!

Nothing happens. Harry stands up as he knows what he has to do. He glances around once again and then begin to take off his clothing. He sits everything in a nice pile next to the lake. Harry points his wand at the frozen ice.

HARRY
Diffindo!

A crack appears in the ice and it grows and grows until crack chunks of ice break apart leaving it clear for Harry to jump in. Harry sits his still lit wand down by the edge of the lake and takes a deep breath. He then plunges into it.

INT. FROZEN LAKE-NIGHT

We see Harry dive into the water. He looks around and see’s the handle of the sword. He starts to swim towards it and his hand grasps the handle. All of a sudden the locket around his neck turns upward and starts to suffocate him. His hand lets go of the sword and tries to pull the locket from his throat. Harry starts to kick wildey and his eyes slowly begin to roll into the back of his head. The screen is slowly starts to fade to black as we see a hand coming up from behind Harry.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

Harry falls to the snow gasping for air nad coughing up water. He grasps his neck and notices the locket is gone. A look of panic starts to feel Harry’s eyes.

RON (O.S.)
Are…you…mental!

Harry turns around and the camera pans up to show Ron standing there. He is holding the locket in one hand and the sword of Gryffindor in the other.

RON
Why the hell didn’t you take this thing off before you dived?

Harry stares up at Ron in disbelief. He then grabs his clothes and begins to dress.

HARRY
It was…y..you..? You cast the doe?

RON
What? No, of course not! I thought it was you doing it!

HARRY
My patronus is a stag.

RON
Oh yeah….

Harry pulls the final sweater over his head.

HARRY
How come you’re here?

RON
Well, I’ve…you know…come back. If you still want me…that is…

Harry looks at the sword in Ron’s hand.

RON
I got it out for you. That’s why you jumped in, right?

HARRY
Yeah. But I don’t understand. How did you get here? How did you find us?

RON
Long story. I’ve been looking for you for hours, and I was just thinking I’d have to keep under a tree and wait for morning when I saw that deer coming and you following.

HARRY
You didn’t see anyone else?

RON
Well..I think I saw something move over there, but I was running to the pool at the time, because you’d gone in and you hadn’t come up, so….

Harry walks over to where Ron pointed and starts to look around.

RON
Anything there?

HARRY
No.

RON
So how did the sword get in that pool? Do you think it’s the real one?

HARRY
There’s only one way to find out isn’t there?

The scene cuts to Harry placing the Horcrux on a flat rock. Ron goes to hand Harry the sword but Harry backs away.

HARRY
You should do it.

RON
Me? Why?

HARRY
Because you got the sword out of the pool. I think it’s supposed to be you. Now I’m going to open it and you stab it. Straightaway, okay? Because whatever’s in there will put up a fight.

RON
How are you going to open it?

HARRY
I’m going to ask it to open, using Parseltongue.

RON
No…don’t open it! I’m serious!

HARRY
Why not?

RON
Because that things bad for me! I can’t handle it! It affects me worse than it affected you and Hermione, it made me think stuff…stuff I was thinking anyway, but it made everything worse. I can’t do it Harry!

HARRY
I know you can do it Ron. I know it’s supposed to be you who uses it. Please, just get rid of it, Ron.

Ron stares at Harry for a moment.

RON
Tell me when.

HARRY
On three.

Harry stares down at the locket.

HARRY
One…two…three…sssiiiyahhsiheth.

There’s a CLICK and the door of the locket swings open. Behind the mirrors inside lies a living eye. He blinks and looks at both of them.

HARRY
Stab.

Then from inside of the Horcrux a voice hisses out.

RIDDLE
I have seen your heart, and it is mine.

HARRY
Don’t listen to it! Stab it!

RIDDLE
I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley, and I have seen your fears. All you desire is possible, but all that you dread is also possible….

HARRY
Stab it Ron!

RIDDLE
Least loved by the girl who prefers your friend…second best. Always, eternally overshadowed….

SWOOSH two grotesque bubbles, the head of Harry and Hermione, but weirdly distorted, appear above the locket.

RIDDLE-HARRY
Why return? We were better without you, happier without you, glad of your absence….

RIDDLE-HERMIONE
Who could look at you, who would ever look at you, beside Harry Potter? What have you ever done, compared with the Boy Who Lived? What woman would take you, you are nothing….

She begins to laugh and Harry and Hermione both begin to kiss.

HARRY
Do it Ron! Now!

Tears begin to stream down Ron’s eyes as he raises the sword above his head and BAM slams it into the locket. There is a loud scream and BOOM there is a sudden gust of wind that knocks Harry and Ron backwards. Harry gets up and walks over to the Horcrux, now broken. He picks it up and stares at it. Harry then looks over to Ron, sword next to him, crying with his knees drawn up to his chest. Harry slowly walks over to Ron and kneels down in front of him and places his hand on his shoulder.

HARRY
After you left she cried for a week. She’s like my sister. I love her like a sister and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It’s always been like that. I thought you knew.

RON
I’m sorry….I’m sorry I left. I know I was a..a…

HARRY
You’ve sort of made up for it tonight. Getting the sword. Finishing off the Horcrux. Saving my life.

RON
That makes me sound a lot cooler than I was.

HARRY
Stuff like that always sounds cooler than it really was. I’ve been trying to tell you that for years.

Ron looks up at Harry and smiles. Harry stands up and holds his hand out to help Ron up. They both hug as tears stream from both of their eyes.

HARRY
I missed you, more than you know.

RON
It was the Deluminator Harry.

Harry backs away from Ron who pulls the Deluminator out of his pocket.

RON
It doesn’t just turn the lights on and off. It was just a few hours ago and I was listening to the radio and I heard you. Your voice came out of this.

HARRY
And what did I say?

RON
You said….

INT. LOVEGOOD’S HOME-FLASHBACK.

We cut to a hazy flashback.

HARRY
I wonder if Ron went home.

HARRY
Hermione I’m sorry….

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-PRESENT TIME-NIGHT

We cut back to present time.

RON
So I took it out and I clicked it.

The scene then cuts to Ron sitting in a bedroom.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-NIGHT

We see Ron sitting in the room looking at the Deluminator. He clicks it and the light goes out in his room but another light appears outside of the window.

RON (V.O.)
I knew this was it so I grabbed my stuff and packed and went out into the garden.

We see Ron packing and then walking outside into a garden and standing in front of the hovering light.

RON (V.O.)
The little ball of light was hovering there, waiting for me, and when I came out it, well, went inside of me.

We see the ball go into Ron’s chest and SWOOSH he Disapparates into the Forest of Dean.

RON (V.O.)
I knew with all the protection up I probably woudn’t be able to find you two..but then I saw it…that doe…

We see see Ron watching the Doe in the distance and then we see Harry following it and the scenes fades back to current time.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-NIGHT

RON
It’s kind of funny now that I think about it. Dumbledore knew what he was doing when he gave me the Deluminator. He must’ve known I’d run out on you.

HARRY
No. He must’ve known you’d always come back.

Ron smiles at Harry.

HARRY
Well I think we should get back to the tent.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-TENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron standing in front of the tent.

RON
She’s going to kill me.

HARRY
Yep.

INT. THE TENT-MOMENTS LATER

They walk into the tent and Hermione is still sleeping.

HARRY
Hermione! Hey Hermione.

She sits up quickly and reaches for her wand.

HERMIONE
What’s wrong?

HARRY
Nothing, everything fine. There’s…someone here.

HERMIONE
What do you mean? Who…?

Harry steps to the side and shows Ron standing there. Her eyes widen and she stands up slowly. She walks slowly towards Ron.

RON
Hey.

BOOM she quickly picks up her wand and blasts him backwards out of the tent. She storms out quickly. Harry tries to grab her but misses.

EXT. FOREST OF DEAN-OUTSIDE TENT-MOMENTS LATER

HERMIONE
You complete arse Ronald Weasley!

RON
Hermione….

She starts to throw punch after punch at him.

HERMIONE
You crawl back here…after weeks…and…

RON
Hermione…I’m…OW…HERMIONE!

She raises her wand to curse him again.

HARRY
Accio!

The wand flies out of her hand and Harry grabs it.

HERMIONE
Give my wand back to me!

HARRY
Hermione will you please.

HERMIONE
Don’t you tell me what to do, Harry Potter! Don’t you dare! And YOU! I came running after you! I called you! I begged you to come back!

RON
I know Hermione, I’m sorry, I’m really….

HERMIONE
You’re sorry! You come back after weeks and you think it’s all going to be all right if you just say sorry!

HARRY
Hermione he saved my life…

HERMIONE
I don’t care! Weeks Ron…weeks!

RON
I know..I…

He slowly walks up to her and puts his arm around her. She begins to cry, softly pounding his chest.

The scene cuts to a shot of the sun rising over the horizon of the Forest of Dean. The snow glistening and we see a flock of birds fly across the screen. The camera pans down to show Harry and Ron taking down the tent and Hermione is in the distance lifting spells. She walks slowly towards them as she finishes.

RON
So where are we off to next?

HERMIONE
Don’t know. It seems we have more questions than answers now.

HARRY
Well we know about the Deathly Hallows.

HERMIONE
Rubbish.

RON
Deathly Hallows?

HARRY
We’ll tell you about that later.

HERMIONE
Yes well are we all packed then?

HARRY
Hermione…I…I think I want to go to Godrics Hollow.

HERMIONE
I knew you were going to say that. We’ll see...but first we’ll find another place to camp and come up with a plan. A proper plan.

RON
I’m sure you’ll come up with something great.

HERMIONE
Flattery isn’t going to work Ronald.

He smiles at her and she rolls her eyes.

HERMIONE
So we’re all packed then?

RON
Ready.

HARRY
Ready.

They both take Hermione’s hand and they all smile at each other and SWOOSH they are gone. The camera pans up towards the Sun now over the horizon and the screen slowly fades to black.

Then we hear a scream and we see a wideshot of the Lovegood’s house. It looks completely destroyed and the camera quickly pans over the fence and through the window to show Xeno on the floor cowering in pain. A foot steps into the frame and the camera pans up to show Voldemort standing over him with his wand raised.

VOLDEMORT
What did Harry Potter want from you Lovegood. Crucio!

Xeno screams out in pain and we hear a laugh as Bellatrix appears from behind Voldemort.

VOLDEMORT
Tell me now!

XENO
He wanted…he wanted to know about the Deathly Hallows.

Voldemorts eyes widen and he lowers his wand. Bellatrix looks over at him concerned.

BELLATRIX
What is it my lord?

VOLDEMORT
How could ….how did he know about the Hallows?

XENO
Dumbledore…left the symbol and they figured I knew what it was and came to me for help.

VOLDEMORT
Even in death Dumbledore is a thorn in my side. Yes…why would he want Potter to know….Lovegood…the Elder Wand…where is it?

XENO
I don’t…please…I don’t know! The last person that was rumored to have the wand was the dark wizard Grindewald!

Voldemort eyes widen and a smile creeps on his face.

VOLDEMORT
Grindewald….

BELLATRIX
What do you want me to do my lord?

VOLDEMORT
Send out the Snatchers in full force.

BELLATRIX
Do you think Potter will say it?

VOLDEMORT
Yes.

The camera pans down and we see Nagini slithering at Voldemorts feet.

VOLDEMORT
And I have a special mission for you Nagini. Just in case.

Voldemort turns and begins to walk out of the house.

XENO
Please…my Luna!

BELLATRIX
What do you want me to do with him?

VOLDEMORT
Nothing…he’s worthless…but he must be kept alive. Potter may want to come back. We’ll keep watch on him.

Voldemort walks outside and looks up into the sky, Nagini on his shoulders. Bellatrix walks out beside him.

VOLDEMORT
Alert me if there’s any word on Potter. I have something to do. Someone to find.

He lets out a scream and turns into a stream of black smoke and flies towards the screen and the screen goes black.

To Be Concluded….

Last edited by Phrozenone; May 17th, 2009 at 10:37 pm.
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:24 am

Quote:
VOLDEMORT
How could ….how did he know about the Hallows?
More importantly: how does Voldemort know about the Hallows?

Old April 13th, 2009, 12:33 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
More importantly: how does Voldemort know about the Hallows?

Hey I'm trying to build suspense here Ollivander told him though, in my script...you'll see how that works out in Pt. 2 actually (You have to wait a year for that one though )

But besides THAT what do you think

Old April 13th, 2009, 12:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post

Hey I'm trying to build suspense here Ollivander told him though, in my script...you'll see how that works out in Pt. 2 actually (You have to wait a year for that one though )

But besides THAT what do you think
Phroze, to be honest, I really cant remember every change you've made so far - maybe when you've finished Part 2 (and when I have enough time ) I'll read over both parts fully

And yeah, I know you'll have a plan of some sorts - every script writer does
(My plan at the moment is lets just keep Harry being taught how to play Quidditch forever - I need to get writing again )

Old April 13th, 2009, 1:12 am
Fourth Year

I understand. It is a bit over the place but I'll post a summary here for anyone who cares. This would be what the DVD chapter select menu would read for DH1:

In Memoriam
The Dark Lord Ascending
The Seven Potters
Fallen Warrior
The Ghoul in Pajamas
The Will of Albus Dumbledore
Harry's 17th Birthday
A Place to Hide
Kreachers Tale
The Bribe
Hogwarts New Headmaster
The Ministry Hiest
A Quick Escape
Defense Against of the Dark Arts
The Goblins Revenge
Xenophilius Lovegood
The Tale of the Three Brothers
The Deathly Hallows
The Silver Doe
"Where to next?"
Voldemort's New Mission

So it looks like not alot happened

Changes are simple. Dumbledore funeral opens the movie. Scrimgeiour is introduced here (Aswell Rita Skeeter). I added a 'decoy' scene where Greyback attacks the Hogwarts express because he 'smells' Harry but it's really Neville and Harry is taken, via floo, to the Dursley's by Lupin.

Then of course we have the Dark Lord Ascending and everything goes as written (pretty much.)

Scrimgeour brings the will and is killed at the Ministry afterwards (There goes his story arch ) and Harry's bday is interuppted by Death Eaters.

They go to Grimmauld Place and everything is pretty much the same. Kreacher tell his tale, Lupin visits, and then we go to Hogwarts where we see Snape is now headmaster.

The Heist is here because it's two movies and what I wrote I don't particularly like but atleast there's no polyjuice (read it to fully understand) They go back to Grimmauld Place where Snape shows up carrying an "object" and they go to the forest.

We then cut to Hogwarts where we see the new Defense Class...Luna and Ginny handing out 'The Quibbler' and of course Ginny going to Dobby who helps her break into Snape's office to steal the sword. But she's caught...

We have the trio over hearing the goblin...Ron leaves...then Hermione notices the hallow's symbol and Harry remembers Xeno had it at his party so they go there.

Xeno tells them the tale and describes the Hallows...and everything else happens as per the book. I placed Greyback here and kind of hinted towards the added scene in the beginning with him. Harry and Hermione escape and land in the Forest of Dean (Which without thinking Hermione says their location while a certain portrait is out )

The Silver Doe happens as written...Harry tells them he wants to go to Godrics Hollow..and we see Voldemort set off for his mission for the Elder Wand (Most of which will be explained in the next one)

So that's pretty much it. All that took about 2.5 hours and it could EASILY have been compressed but alas it's two films now.

I was really going for a more character driven story (as Harry Potter is of course) and I liked Ron coming back as the ending for me because it isn't this big 'epic' ending and it really mirrors the actual ending to the series. Hopefully you'll get why I moved Godric's Hallow and The Life of Dumbledore etc into the next film. If not you'll see

I knew the Hallows HAD to be mentioned in the first one since it's the title of the film (Hence the reason I had Xeno mention it in the beginning..I knew it'll play out in the end) and I thought that would be a good climax.

I know it's not the best written but I'm proud of it. I got alot of ideas for the next one and I'm really trying to make it less complicated (Hence the reason Voldemort knows about the Hallows...although to be fair he only cares about the wand of course.)

Of course now the issue is what am I going to do with Ron at Godric's Hallow. Oh I'm sure I'll figure SOMETHING out

Old April 13th, 2009, 1:17 am

Oh, thanks for that ^, I remember most of the stuff now

Overall, for part 1, good work Phrozenone! There are some parts are personally don't like, and others I don't mind, but I can tell you've put a lot of work into this

Old May 4th, 2009, 8:23 pm
Fourth Year

Well sometime this week I will posting a bit from my DH pt 2 script. I haven't gotten that far into it yet but I'm excited to share it with you. I see not many people care to read DH 1

Arry which parts didn't you like and think I should change. I'm really interested to know what you think about the ending. Seems you're the only one who cares anymore So Arry DH2 will be up in a few days and I can't wait to hear what u think

Old May 14th, 2009, 8:34 pm
First Year

WOW THIS IS WONDERFUL!
Oh, I wish someone could make these as movies or series... Please, Please, PLEASE keep up the FANTASTIC work, Phrozenone and ArryGrotter

Old May 16th, 2009, 6:44 am
Fourth Year

Thanks Lilleby!

So I thought I should make it easier for everyone to read my script so I'm going to try and consolidate it all into one post...that way everyone doesn't have to go through pages to read it and hopefully get to read through it in one go and see how it flows. So I hope someone enjoys it and comments (ALthough I doubt that'll happen ) Also I can only post so many characters per post so I'll be posting sections each day So here is is.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 1

In Memorian:    

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS-MIDDAY

The camera fades in on a shot of HOGWARTS. The camera then pans down and over to show a LARGE GATHERING of people.

ELPHIAS (V.O.)
There was no greater wizard I have known than Albus Dumbledore. Dumbledore’s contributions to the Wizarding community has effected us all in some way. His power was great, they say, still, that no Wizarding duel ever matched that between Dumbledore and Grindewald in 1945. Dumbledore’s triumph, and its consequences for the Wizarding world, are considered a turning point in magical history.

As this is being said we see a shot of DUMBLEDORE’S body laying in front of the crowd, his WAND underneath his folded hands. We then see shots of HARRY, RON, HERMIONE, MCGONAGALL, HAGRID, LUPIN, TONKS, GINNY, NEVILLE, LUNA, FLITWICK, SLUGHORN, MOODY, numerous other faculty and students. Standing in front of them all next to Dumbledore’s body is ELPHIAS DOGE who we find now see is the one speaking.

ELPHIAS
Albus Dumbledore was never proud or vain. I believe the early loss of his mother and sister endowed him with great humanity and sympathy. I shall miss his friendship more than I can say, but my loss is nothing compared to the Wizarding world’s. Dumbledore died as he lived: working always for the great good. We will miss you my friend.

She gently touches Dumbledore’s shoulder with her hand before walking away. All of a sudden there is a loud BOOM. Harry turns around to see BRIGHT WHITE flames erupting around Dumbledore’s body and briefly turning into the shape of a PHOENIX and then SWOOSH soaring off into the air. Now in front of everyone lies a WHITE TOMB where Dumbledore’s body was. Everyone then begins to walk away slowly. Ron holds Hermione as she cries and Harry slowly walks up to Elphias.

HARRY
Mrs. Doge…I just wanted to say how wonderful your eulogy is.

DOGE
Why Harry Potter…Albus was so very fond of you.

HARRY
Listening to you made me realize how little about Dumbledore I knew.

DOGE
He was a great man….

RITA (O.C.)
Great you say?

They both turn to see RITA SKEETER walking towards them.

DOGE
Rita Skeeter…what are you doing here?

RITA
Honoring Dumbledore just like everyone else….you look well Harry. I know how close Dumbledore and you were…some would find it…unnatural…

HARRY
Will you excuse us?

RITA
Certainly…I just wanted to commend Elphias for that beautiful eulogy, although she missed a few points…I’m sure a funeral isn’t the place to bring those up.

DOGE
What are you on about?

RITA
Harry did you know Dumbledore’s sister, Ariana, was a squib. Yes she had no powers, no wonder Dumbledore finished her off.

DOGE
That’s a lie….

RITA
Is it? She never attended Hogwarts did she…they kept her locked up…yeah I’ve been looking into old Dumbledore’s past and it seems he dabbled in dark magic in his youth.

DOGE
You know nothing.

RITA
No? We’ll just see when I release my biography on Dumbledore in a few months. The truth will be revealed and little Harry here will find out the truth about his mentor. Dumbledore and Grindewald were really good friends you know….

DOGE
That’s enough Skeeter! This isn’t the time nor place for your filth.

RITA
You’re right, I shall be going. You take care Harry alright, hopefully your funeral isn’t the next I’ll be attending.

She smiles and walks away, Harry and Elphias are both visibly angry.

DOGE
The nerve…Harry I hope you don’t believe…

HARRY
No…she’s done enough fake stories on me to last a lifetime.

DOGE
Yes…well…I must be off…take care, will you Potter?

HARRY
I will.

She smiles and walks away from Harry. Harry then walks up and stares down at Dumbledore’s tomb. Ron and Hermione both walk up behind him.

HERMIONE
I still can’t believe he’s….

RON
Yeah….Harry you alright?

HARRY
Fine Ron
(grasps locket around his neck)
We should get out of here.

The three of them begin to walk away from the funeral slowly. We see a strange man (SCRIMGEOUR) eyeing them as they walk away. He begins to follow them.

HERMIONE
Do you have everything packed?

HARRY
Yeah finished packing last night…

RON
So the plan is the same then? We join you at your aunt and uncle’s…

HARRY
Actually Ron I was just thinking I go back alone. You two deserve to see your families.

HERMIONE
But Harry….

HARRY
No Hermione...I’ll be fine….

SCRIMGEOUR (O. S.)
Harry Potter…

They turn around and Scrimgeour slowly walks towards them and extends his hand to shake Harry’s.

SCRIMGEOUR
Rufus Scrimgeour… the Minister for Magic…I’ve been wanting to meet you for a very long time. Can we take a walk
(Eyes Ron and Hermione)
Alone?

RON
**** off we’re staying…

HARRY
No...it’s fine Ron…really….

Hermione and Ron both walk away and Harry and Scrimgeour walk away from the them.

SCRIMGEOUR
First of all I’d like to send my condolences for your lost. I’ve heard how close you and Dumbledore were. (Slight pause)You do know, of course, of the rumors flying around that you are ‘The Chosen One’? Did Dumbledore ever discuss this with you?

HARRY
Yeah, we’ve discussed it.

SCRIMGEOUR
And what did Dumbledore tell you?

HARRY
Sorry, but that was between us.

SCRIMGEOUR
Oh, of course, if it’s a question of confidences, I wouldn’t want to divulge, and in any case, does it really matter whether you’re ‘the Chosen One’ or not? Perception is a strong thing Harry. The idea that there is somebody out there who might be able, who might even be destined, to destroy He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Names…well, naturally, it gives people a lift.

HARRY
What are you saying?

SCRIMGEOUR
I want you to join me Harry…stand alongside the Ministry…if people see you popping in and out of the Ministry of Magic from time to time, that would give the right impressions. It would give everyone a lift to think you were more involved…you’re ‘the Chosen One’ afterall, seeing you alongside the Ministry will give people hope…

HARRY
Sorry to be rude Minister but I have no desire to be associated with the Ministry in any way.

SCRIMGEOUR
These are dangerous times Harry and certain measures need to be taken….

HARRY
I don’t want to be used. I don’t remember you rushing to my defense when I was trying to tell everyone Voldemort was back.

SCRIMGEOUR
You sound like Dumbledore....it is clear to me that he did a very good job on you Potter. Dumbledore’s man through and through, aren’t you, Potter.

HARRY
Yeah I am.

Scrimgeour and Harry both stare at each other for a moment. Scrimgeour quickly walks away from Harry and Ron and Hermione (Who were watching from a distance) walk up to Harry.

RON
What was that about?

We hear THUNDER in the distance. All three look up and see that the sky is slowly turning dark as black clouds fill the sky.

HARRY
I’ll tell you later…we should get going….

They all begin to walk towards the school as we pan out to a WIDESHOT of Hogwarts before cutting to a shot of the HOGWARTS EXPRESS on the tracks as rain pours down.

INT. HOGWARTS EXPRESS-NIGHT

We close in on a shot of Ron and Hermione sitting in silence and all of a sudden the lights flicker. There is a JOLT and the train starts to slow down. Ron and Hermione both glance at each other and BANG the lights go out. We see a shot of Harry, in the dark, sleeping against a window with a sheet over him.

EXT. NEW ANGLE-HOGWARTS EXPRESS

The camara shifts to an outside view of the plain. We seen numerous students looking out of the windows trying to see what is happening.

INT. HOGWARTS EXPRESS-MOMENTS LATER

We cut back to a shot of the Hallway of the train. All of a sudden a black boot steps into frame. The camera pans up to show a man standing in the shadows. He sniffs. Another man walks up behind him.

DEATH EATER
Anything?

The man steps into the moonlight and we see it is FENRIR GREYBACK. He looks back at the other Death Eater.

GREYBACK
Yes…I’d recognize Harry Potters scent anywhere…he’s…there…

POOF Greyback turns into a gust of black smoke and it flies quickly down the hallway and he reforms in front of a compartment door. We see another shot of Harry sleeping against the window. SWOOSH the door slides open and we see Harry open his eyes. ROPES fly out of Greybacks wand.

GREYBACK
I got him!

We pan back to see that Greyback had surrounded the person under the blanket with ropes. He looks over at Ron and Hermione who are…smiling at him. Greyback frowns as he pulls back the blanket and Neville is sitting there also smiling.

GREYBACK
(whispers)
No….NO!

MOODY (O.S.)
FENRIR!

Greyback turns and see’s Moody standing in the hall with his wand pointed at him. BOOM Moody sends a spell that Greyback barely misses. As Greyback falls to the ground Moody sends another spell at the other Death Eater. BAM the Death Eater is thrown back and surrounded by ropes. Greyback lets out a growl before erupting into black smoke and quickly flying out of the train. Moody limps over to the captured Death Eater and looks down at him. Kids start walking out of their compartments into the hallway.

EXT. TRAIN TRACK-MOMENTS LATER

We see Moody walk off the train and look around. He pulls out his wand and BOOM sends his PATRONUS flying into the night sky.

INT. DARK ROOM-NIGHT

We cut to Harry looking up from the blanket next to the window. Lupin has just opened the door and walks in.

LUPIN
Mad Eye Moody just sent word that Greyback and another Death Eater stopped the Hogwarts Express looking for you, like we expected.

HARRY
Is everyone alright Professor Lupin?

LUPIN
Fine. Greyback got away but I’m sure Voldemort will be angry that you got away again.

HARRY
How will I get home?

LUPIN
Floo Network…it’s still safe at this moment, but I’m not sure how long it’ll be until….

HARRY
What?

LUPIN
Dumbledore’s gone Harry…it’ll only be a matter of time before Voldemort takes control of the Ministry…you mark my words…but for now it’s safe and we should be getting you home. Once within those walls your mother protection should hold up, you’ll be safe.

Lupin gestures for Harry to follow him and they walk towards the fireplace in the room. Both Harry and Lupin step into it.

SWOOSH they’re engulfed in green flame.

INT. DURSLEYS LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

We cut to a shot of the Dursley’s living room and SWOOSH their fireplace lights up with green flames and Lupin and Harry appear standing there. Harry dusts himself off as he walks into the living room.

HARRY
So my things…Hedwig…

LUPIN
Already upstairs.

HARRY
Thanks for everything Professor.

LUPIN
You don’t mention it. We’ll keep you updated on what’s going on Harry and whatever you do…don’t leave this house.

Harry nods and Lupin steps back into the fireplace and SWOOSH he is off. Harry looks around at the living room. He then walks slowly up to the window and looks out.

EXT. NEW ANGLE-PRIVET DRIVE-NIGHT

The camera shifts to an outside view of the Dursley’s home. We see Harry looking out from the inside and the camera pans back to show 3 Death Eaters standing in front of his house.

DEATH EATER 2
They got him back safely. The Dark Lord will not be pleased.

SWOOSH they all disappear in a sea of black smoke. Harry looks up, watching them fly away into the air, and the camera pans up into the dark sky and we see the WB logo come towards the screen.

The Dark Lord Ascending:    

Lightening flashes around the logo as the camera passes through it. The camera then pans down to show a different village at night. We slowly pan down closer to the village and pass a hedge where we see a white peacock walking on top of it. The camera then approaches a huge gate that it goes through showing MALFOY MANOR behind it.

INT. MALFOY MANOR

The scene cuts to a shot of a floor as we see NAGINI slowly slither across it and we hear voices talking as we follow the snake which is slithering around feet under a table.

VOLDEMORT (Offscreen)
New’s Severus?

SNAPE (Offscreen)
The best my lord.

We see a hand reach out and Nagini slithers up the arm and the camera follows her and she slowly rests on the should of VOLDEMORT. He sits at the head of a table with a dark look in his eyes.

VOLDEMORT
What have you heard?

The camera shifts to show a group of Death Eaters sitting down the long table including SEVERUS SNAPE, BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, DRACO MALFOY, NARCISSA MALFOY, LUCIUS MALOY, YAXLEY, WORMTAIL, DOLOHOV, and a few other death eaters all looking towards the head of the table at Voldemort.

SNAPE
The Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on next Saturday, at nightfall.

VOLDEMORT
Saturday….

YAXLEY
I’ve also managed to imperius a few people within the Ministry of Magic my lord. Pretty soon the Ministry of Magic will be under your control….

VOLDEMORT
Yes but not before next Saturday….no…if we cannot touch the boy at his destination, then it must be done while he travels….

YAXLEY
We have several people planted within the Department of Magical Transport. If Potter Apparates or uses the Floo Network, we shall know immediately.

SNAPE
He will not do either. The Order is eschewing any form of transport that is controlled or regulated by the Ministry; they mistrust everything to do with that place. They used Floo to get Harry Potter to his relatives, they won't be foolish enough to use it again.

We hear a wimper and the camera pans up to show a body slowly revolving over the table.

VOLDEMORT
I shall attend to the boy in person. There have been too many mistakes where Harry Potter is concerned. I have been careless but I know better now. I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I shall be. I can’t, however, use my wand since Potter and I share the same core…Lucius….

LUCIUS
Yes my lord?

VOLDEMORT
I require your wand.

Lucius and Narcissa cast a nervous look at each other and Lucius pulls out his wand and hands it to Voldemort. Voldemort examines the wand and smiles as he looks at it. He then looks up and Lucius who looks a bit uncomfortable.

VOLDEMORT
Why do the Malfoys look so unhappy with their lot? Is my return, my rise to power, not the very thing they professed to desire for so many years?

LUCIUS
Of course, my Lord. We did desire it….we do….

BELLATRIX
My Lord…it is an honor to have you here, in our family’s house. There can be no higher pleaser.

VOLDEMORT
That means a great deal, Bellatrix, from you.

She smiles at him with a look of longing in her eyes and once again we hear a whimper from the person rotating above the table.

VOLDEMORT
Wormtail! Have I spoken to you about keeping our prisoner quiet?

WORMTAIL
Yes..my…my…Lord….

VOLDEMORT
Do you recognize our guest Severus? Draco? This is of course one of the teachers at Hogwarts…she taught the course…ah Muggle Studies am I correct?

He looks over at Draco who nods slightly and a smile draws across Voldemorts face.

CHARITY BURBAGE
Severus…please….please….

We hear Nagini say something in parseltongue and the smile on Voldemorts face grows wider.

VOLDEMORT
It seems Nagini is hungry….

He looks up at Charity and smiles and tears start to fall quickly from her eyes. Voldemort points his wand at Burbage.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

A green spell flies out of the wand and the entire screen goes green and the words ‘HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 1’ appear on the screen.

The Seven Potters:    

As the words fade we see slowly fade into a shot of the Locket in Harry’s hand.

INT. HARRY’S BEDROOM-NIGHT

The camera pulls back to show Harry sitting in his bed examining it. He notices on the side a tiny latch and pushes it and CLICK the locket is opened. Harry opens it and notices a small piece of paper inside it. He takes it out and opens it. The camera zooms in on the letter and we hear an unknown voice over the screen.

REGULUS (V.O.)
To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.

Harry looks angry after he reads this. He puts the paper back into the locket and closes it and looks up at Hedwig.

HARRY
All that for nothing Hedwig….Dumbledore weakened himself for a fake locket…...

VERNON DURSLEY (Offscreen)
HARRY POTTER!!!

Harry looks towards his door and sighs. He puts the locket in his pocket and exits.

INT. DURSLEYS LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to VERNON, PETUNIA, AND DUDLEY DURSLEY standing in the living room as Harry walks into the room..

HARRY
What is it?

VERNON
I’ve changed my mind. I’ve decided I don’t believe a word of it. We’re staying put, we’re not going anywhere.

HARRY
This is for your own good. Once I’m seventeen, the protective charm that Dumbledore put on this house will break and that exposes you as well as me. You’ve got to go into hiding and the Order wants to help. You’re being offered serious protection….

VERNON
Why can’t that…Ministry of Magic...protect us?

HARRY
We think the Ministry has been infiltrated that’s why….

VERNON
But what about my work? What about Dudley’s school? I don’t suppose those things matter to a bunch of layabout wizards….

HARRY
Don’t you understand? They will torture and kill you like they did my parents!

DUDLEY
Dad…I’m going with these Order people.

They all look over at Dudley and Harry gives him a slight smile as we hear a knock on the door. Harry opens the door and in walks HESTIA and DEDALUS.

HESTIA
Harry Potter!

DEDALUS
An honor, as ever!

HARRY
Thanks…come on in. Well here they are. My aunt and uncle and cousin….

DEDALUS
Good day to you, Harry Potter relatives!

HESTIA
So is everything ready to go?

HARRY
Yes.

The Dursleys all grab their bags in that are sitting in the hallway.

VERNON
Well, this is good-bye, then, boy.

PETUNIA
Ready, Diddy?

She looks at Dudley who is staring at Harry.

VERNON
Come along, then….

DUDLEY
I don’t understand. Why isn’t Harry coming with us? Where is he going to go?

Vernon and Petunia both look at each other nervously.

HESTIA
Surely you must know where your nephew is going?

HARRY
They don’t…they don’t know anything about me…they think I’m a waste of space but I’m used to….

DUDLEY
I don’t think you’re a waste of space.

Everyone looks up at Dudley with shock in their eyes.

HARRY
Well….um…thanks Dudley.

DUDLEY
You saved my life….

VERNON
Are we going or not? I thought we were on a tight schedule?

DEDALUS
That we are! We really must be off. Good luck Harry Potter. I hope we meet again. The hopes of the Wizarding world rest upon your shoulders.

HESTIA
Farewell, Harry, our thoughts go with you.

They all begin to exit and Dudley walks over to Harry and holds out his hand.

HARRY
Blimey Dudley did the dementors blow a different personality into you?

DUDLEY
Dunno…see you, Harry.

Harry takes his hand and shakes it.

HARRY
Yeah…maybe…take care, Big D.

Dudley and Harry both smile at each other and Dudley grabs his bags and exits. Petunia and Harry stand alone together in the hallway.

PETUNIA
Well…good bye….

HARRY
Good-bye.

She walks towards the door and pauses. She looks back at Harry as if she wanted to say something but turns and closes the door behind her leaving Harry standing alone in the house. The scene fades to Harry sitting his firebolt in the living room along with all his other bags. He looks around at the place and starts to talk to Hedwig who is sitting in her cage which is on the table in the middle of the room.

HARRY
I can’t believe this is the last time I’ll be here…not that I’ll miss it much. Look Hedwig…that’s where I used to sleep. You never knew me then….it’s so small…I’d forgotten….

Hedwig hoots and Harry walks over to her cage and strokes her beak with his finger.

Harry
Soon you’ll be able to fly as much as you want Hedwig…

BOOM there’s a crash in the kitchen and Harry turns around quickly. He slowly walks into the kitchen.

INT. DURSLEY’S KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the kitchen and notices standing there is Ron, Hermione, FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY, MR. WEASLEY, MAD-EYE MOODY, TONKS, LUPIN, KINGSLEY, MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER, and HAGRID standing there. Everyone smiles at him as he walks into the kitchen.

HAGRID
All righ’ Harry? Ready fer the off?

HARRY
I wasn’t expecting this many of you….

MOODY
Change of plan. Since You-Know-Who has contacts inside the Ministry now it’ll be impossible to use magic around you.

HARRY
What do you mean?

MOODY
You’re underage! If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here the Death Eaters will know about it.

HARRY
So what are we going to do?

MOODY
We’re going to use the only means of transport left to us, the only one’s the Trace can’t detect. Hagrid has his motorbike…we’ll have to use brooms and thestrals. Now, your mother’s charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age or you no longer call this place home. Once you leave here tonight the charm will be broken.

TONKS
You’ll be going to my parent’s house Harry. Once you’re within the boundaries of the protective enchantments we’ve put on their house, you’ll be able to use a Portkey to the Burrow.

HARRY
There’s one problem though…won’t it be obvious if all of us are flying there?

MOODY
I forgot to mention...there will be seven Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight.

He reaches into his cloak and pulls out a flask.

HARRY
No! No way! That’s polyjuice potion isn’t it? If you think I’m going to let six people risk their lives….

RON
Because it’s the first time for all of us….

HARRY
This is different….pretending to be me….

FRED
Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.

MOODY
Now lets have a few of your hairs boy! The only way to get you out of here safely is to have decoys!

HARRY
But…..

Moody walks over and plucks a few hairs out of Harry’s head.

MOODY
Right then…fake Potters line up over here, please.

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Mr. Weasley, and Mundungus all walk to the other side of the kitchen. Harry looks oddly at Mundungus.

HARRY
Who are you?

MOODY
Mundungus Fletcher. Ruddy coward if you ask me! This was his wild idea so we thought we’d bring him along.

Mundungus looks nervously up at Moody who hands each of them a small glass full of the polyjuice potion.

MOODY
Altogether, then….

All of them take a drink of it and then slowly begin to form into Harry in front of our eyes. Harry’s eyes widen as he looks in front of him and six other Harry Potters are glaring back at him. Fred and George both look at each other.

FRED and GEORGE
Wow…we’re identical!

HERMIONE
Harry, your eyesight really is awful.

MOODY
Now get dressed you lot and we’ll meet you outside!

EXT. DURSLEY’S BACKYARD-MOMENTS LATER

The six Harry Potters walk out of the house towards the rest of them.

MOODY
Good. Now Mundungus you will be traveling with me, by broom…..

MUNDUNGUS
Why’m I with you?

MOODY
Because you’re the one that needs watching.

HAGRID
You’re with me, Harry. That all righ? We’ll be on the bike, brooms an’ thestrals can’t take me weight, see. Not a lot o’ room on the seat with me on it, thought, so you’ll be in the sidecar.

MOODY
All right then everyone on your transport!

We see all the different Harry’s getting on their transports. The real Harry takes Hedwig and puts her in the sidecar before he gets in.

HARRY
Hagrid…is this Sirius’s bike?

HAGRID
The very same. An’ last time yeh was on it, Harry, I could fit yeh in one hand!

MOODY
Good luck everyone, see you all in about an hour at the Burrow. On the count of three. One….two…THREE!

Hagrid starts up the motorbike and SWOOSH they are up in the air. Harry looks back to see everyone else going off in different directions. They continue to rise higher into the air then SWOOSH out of no where about thirty hooded figured appear out of no where. Spells begin to start flying through the air. Hagrid quicky turns the bike and Harry holds on as most of his possessions and Hedwigs cage fall out of the sidecar.

HARRY
No…HEDWIG!

Harry reaches out and grabs the top of the cage in time but suddenly BOOM a green light hits the cage and Hedwig falls lifeless to the bottom of the cage.

HARRY
No…NO! Hedwig….Hedwig….

Harry holds the cage close to his chest as Hagrid continues to dodge the spells flying all around them. Harry looks back and notices Death Eathers closing in on all the others.

HARRY
Hagrid, we’ve got to go back. TURN AROUND!

HAGRID
My job’s ter get you there safe, Harry!

HARRY
Stop…STOP!

Hagrid continues to fly as a few Death Eaters chase them.

HARRY
Stupefy!

A spell flies from Harry’s wand and the Death Eaters scatter to avoid it.

HAGRID
Hold on, Harry, this’ll do for em!

Hagrid presses a green button near the fuel gage and out of no where bricks start flying out of the tail pipe and BAM hits one of the them in the head and he flies backwards off his broom. The other Death Eaters simply blow up the bricks as they fly towards them. The scene shifts to Moody on his broom with Mundungus holding on for life. They continue to avoid spells thrown at them.

MOODY
Take this!

He throws a spell at one of the Death Eaters and they are thrown back off of their broom.

MUNDUNGUS
How did they find out Moody!

MOODY
Shut up Fletcher!

SWOOSH there is a poof of smoke and appearing behind them is Voldemort himself flying quickly towards them.

MUNDUNGUS
It’s him. HE’S HERE MOODY! I can’t…he’ll kill me….

MOODY
Fletcher you coward shut up and hold on!

Swoosh Moody turns quicky avoiding a spell. Voldemort pulls out a wand and points it at Mundungus.

MUNDUNGUS
No…..

VOLDEMORT
Avada…..

MUNDUNGUS
I didn’t sign on for this!

He closes his eyes and SWOOSH he is gone.

MOODY
FLETCHER!!!

VOLDEMORT
Kadavra!

BAM the spell hits Moody who falls off of his broom and Voldemort evaporates in a poof of smoke.

The scene cuts back to Harry and Hagrid still avoiding spells in the air.

HAGRID
Hold on Harry!

Hagrid presses the button again and BAM dragon fire burst from the exhaust and the motorbike shoots forwards. The sidecar begins to sway from the force and twisting violently.

HAGRID
I’m on it, Harry, don’ worry!

Hagrid pulls out his pink umbrella and points it at the side car.

HARRY
Hagrid! No! Let me!

HAGRID
REPARO!

BOOM the spell hits the sidecar but instead of fixing it it blasts it away from the bike and Harry, along with the sidecar, begin to fall. Spells continue to hit the sidecar as Harry falls. He looks up and notices Hagrid had turned around and is flying towards him. Harry turns around and throws a spell at a coming Death Eater that he avoided but ran into another Death Eater knocking him off the his broom. Hagrids hand reaches down and grabs Harry pulling him onto the bike as the sidecar continues to fall. Harry looks down at the falling sidecar.

HARRY
Confringo!

BAM the sidecar explodes and Harry looks away from the sight. The blast knocked a Death Eater back and the other vanished.

HAGRID
Harry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I shouldn’ta tried ter repair it meself….yeh’ve got no room….

HARRY
It’s not a problem, just keep flying….

Once again Death Eaters appear and start throwing spells at them. Harry blocks a few of them and throws a counter jinx at one knocking his hood off and recognizes STAN SHUNPIKE.

HARRY
Stan?

Stan points his wand at Harry, a blank look in his eyes.

HARRY
Expelliarmus!

STAN
That’s him, it’s him, it’s the real one!

All the death eaters stop following and disappear as Hagrid and Harry continue to fly quickly through the air.

HAGRID
Harry, what’s happened? Where’ve they gone?

HARRY
I don’t know!

HAGRID
Hold on Harry…we’re almost…..

Harry lets out a scream of pain as he grabs his scar. Then SWOOSH Voldemort appears flying quickly towards them with a look of anger in his eyes. Hagrid starts to descend on the bike and Harry holds on for dear life. A Death Eater pulls out his wand and is inches away from them.

HAGRID
NO!!!!

Hagrid lunges off the bike and onto the Death Eater and they both fall towards the earth. Harry, eyes closed, begins to scream out in pain.

VOLDEMORT
Avada….

Harry’s wand points at Voldemort then BOOM a spurt of golden fire shots out hitting the remaining Death Eater.

VOLEMORT
No!

Harry pushes the green button and BOOM the bike accelerates again. Harry looks back and notices Voldemort taking another Death Eaters wand and flying towards him and then he stops and SWOOSH hi vanished. Harry looks down and notices Hagrid spread eagle on the ground.

HARRY
Hagrid!

He pulls back on the handle bars but it continues to head quickly towards the ground. Harry lets out a scream and the screen goes black.

INT. TONKS RESIDENCE-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

TED TONKS (Offscreen)
Harry…Harry Potter…

Harry opens his eyes and see’s TED TONKS looking down on him. He sits up slowly and notices he’s sitting in a living room.

HARRY
Hagrid….

TED
He’s fine, son. The wife’s seeing to him now. How are you feeling? I’m Ted Tonks, Dora’s father.

HARRY
But….Voldemort….the Death Eaters….

TED
Hagrid told us everything and you’re fine. The protection we have up around our house stopped them, they shouldn’t be able to get within a hundred yards of here.

Harry looks up as Hagrid and ANDROMEDA TONKS walk into the room.

HAGRID
Alrigh’ Harry?

HARRY
Fine….

He casts a look at Andromeda and jumps up quickly in shock. Andromeda pauses.

HARRY
I’m….so sorry…I thought you were….

ANDROMEDA
Bellatrix? Yeah looking like my sister has proven to be a curse in some ways…
HARRY
Your sister?

TED
Surprised someone good came out of that family eh? This is my wife Andromeda Harry.

HARRY
Nice to meet you…

ANDROMEDA
A pleasure it is Potter. It’s nice to finally meet you.

HARRY
Thanks for your help, both of you.

TED
Don’t mention it! Now you two should get off to the Portkey as soon as possible. Send Dora I love won’t you? Tell her we’re so proud of her.

HARRY
Proud?

TED
Yes…didn’t you hear? Dora and Remus Lupin got married?

HARRY
I didn’t….

Ted walks over and points to a small siver backed hairbrush laying on the table.

TED
There’s your Portkey.

He walks back over and grabs his wife’s arm. Harry and Hagrid both look at each other and put their hands on the Portkey. They both look at each other a moment and then SWOOSH they are gone.

Fallen Warrior:    

EXT. THE BURROW-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow in the distance and SWOOSH Harry and Hagrid both appear and fall onto the ground. We see a light come on in the distance and figures start to run out of the house.

HAGRID
Alrigh’ Harry?

HARRY
Fine….

Harry notices MRS. WEASLEY and GINNY running quickly towards them. Mrs. Weasley throws her arms around Harry quickly.

MRS. WEASLEY
Thank goodness you’re all right!

HARRY
Is everyone else okay?

MRS. WEASLEY
I’m afraid not, come in dear. We’ll fill you in on everything.

INT. THE BURROW-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the living room and everyone looks up at him. He notices George lying on the couch with a bandage around his head.

HARRY
What happened to him?

GINNY
Snape used the Sectumsempra spell on him, took his ear clean off.

Lupin jumps up and rushes towards Harry, placing his hands firmly on his shoulders and looking into his eyes.

LUPIN
What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office at Hogwarts!

HARRY
A…a grindylow in a tank, wasn’t it?

LUPIN
It’s him…We’ve been betrayed Harry. Voldemort knew that you were being moved tonight...someone…

HARRY
None of the Order would have told Voldemort we were moving tonight. He only caught up with me towards the end…

TONKS
He caught up with you?

RON
Blimey Harry how did you escape?

LUPIN
Not only that, but how did they figure out it was you.

HARRY
I…well…I don’t’ know really. I saw Stan Shunpike, remember he drove the Knight Bus. And I tried to disarm him instead of….well…he doesn’t know what he’s doing does he? He must’ve been Imperiused.

LUPIN
Harry, the time for Disarming is past! These people are trying to kill you! Atleast Stun if you aren’t prepared to kill!

HARRY
We were hundreds of feet up! Stan’s not himself and if I stunned him and he’d fallen, he’d have died the same as if I’d used Avada Kadavra!

LUPIN
You’re missing the point Harry…

HARRY
Am I? Correct me if I’m wrong but Expelliarmus saved me from Voldemort two years ago! I won’t blast people out of my way just because they’re there, that’s Voldemorts job!

They all stare at Harry who looks around the room and notices someone missing.

HARRY
Where’s Moody?

Everyone’s head drops at the mention of his name.

KINGSLEY
He didn’t make it Harry.

Harry turns around from all of them in the state of shock.

HARRY
I can’t stay here. You’re all in danger while I’m here. I don’t want…

MRS. WEASLEY
Don’t be silly! The whole point tonight was to get you here safely.

HAGRID
Yer not goin’ anywhere…

MR. WEASLEY
Look at what we went through to get you here.

GEORGE
Yeah, what about my bleeding ear?

They all turn and look at George who’s just awakened.

FRED
Are you all right?

GEORGE
Yeah, I feel saint like actually. You see brother…I’m holy. Holey
(He points at his missing ear)
Get it?

FRED
With the whole wide world of ear related humor before you, you go for holey?

HAGRID
See ‘arry you can’t go

GEORGE
Ear, Ear!

FRED
That’s better!

HARRY
Fine I’ll…stay. Is it alright if I go to bed?

MRS. WEASLEY
Of course dear. Do you want me to fetch Hedwig for you, I’ll put her up with the other owls.

Harry eyes fell. He hadn’t thought about it and it seems everyone else in the room realizes the same thing.

HARRY
Can I please…just go to sleep…

He turns and walks up the stairs leaving everyone in the living room.

INT. THE BURROW-RON’S ROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Harry stirring in his sleep. Suddenly there is a FLASH

INT. MALFOY MANOR-DUNGEON-NIGHT

There is a man shown on the floor crying out in pain. He looks up and we see that it is OLLIVANDER. We then see Voldemort step into frame.

VOLDEMORT
CRUCIO!!

Ollivander screams out in pain as Voldemort stands over him cleary angry.

VOLDEMORT
You lied to Lord Voldemort Ollivander. You said that since Potter and I have the same core in our wands we won’t be able to fight one another, and that if I change wands I could destroy him.

OLLIVANDER
Please...no…I swear...I thought I thought…

VOLDEMORT
Lies! You sought to help him, to help him escape…me….

OLLIVANDER
The connection…. exists only between your two wands….

VOLDEMORT
Really?

He throws Lucius’s broken wand down in front of Ollivander

VOLDEMORT
Explain this then.

OLLIVANDER
No…I…I….

Voldemort points the wand at Ollivander again who starts to scream out in agony and FLASH

INT. THE BURROW-RONS ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry opens his eyes and sits up panting hard. He then turns his neck in the way Voldemort does.

INT. THE BURROW-ROOMS ROOM-MORNING’

The scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow in the morning. We then hear Hermione’s voice as the scene cuts to Harry sitting on his bed and Ron and Hermione are sitting across from him.

HERMIONE
Your scar wasn’t supposed to do that anymore Harry! You mustn’t let that connection open up again, Dumbledore wanted you to close your mind. Don’t let him get inside your head!

RON
And you say your wand acted on it’s on to destroy him?

HERMIONE
That’s impossible, I’m sure Harry just reacted instinctively.

HARRY
No Hermione, I’m telling you it wasn’t a spell I recognized. It’s like my wand had a power of it’s own.

RON
And besides shouldn’t we be discussing when we’re going to leave to hunt for You-Know-What’s soul thingy’s…

HARRY
Horcruxes….yeah I’ve been thinking about that. Which reminds me…

He pulls out the locket and tosses it to Ron.

HARRY
It’s a fake.

HERMIONE and RON
What!?!

HARRY
Open it…there’s a note inside by someone names R.A.B….they say they destroyed the locket.

Hermione takes out the paper and begins to read it.

RON
You mean Dumbledore?

HARRY
Yeah, he’ll probably still be alive if he wasn’t so weak from that potion in the cave. Snape wouldn’t of had the chance….

HERMIONE
Dumbledore always trust Snape though Harry, you know that…

HARRY
Well he was wrong!

Hermione and Ron both look at each other and seem to mentally agree to change the subject.

RON
Mum’s been trying to get it out of Hermione and me. What we’re off to do.

HARRY
Which means the sooner we leave the better….

HERMIONE
But Harry…

HARRY
But what Hermione? You know me being here isn’t safe for any of you…the death eaters know how much this place means to me.

RON
But we have all sorts of protections set up now….

HARRY
You think those are going to stop Voldemort from getting to me? No…the sooner we leave the better.

HERMIONE
Listen Harry….you’re still underage…use any spell and the Ministry will know exactly where you are.

There’s a knock on the door and in walks MRS. WEASLEY with a smile on her face.

MRS. WEASLEY
Suppers ready…come on now…don’t want the food to get cold.

RON
Yes!

Ron quickly dashes out of the room. Hermione sighs and smiles at the gesture and follows him. Harry gets up to leave.

MRS. WEASLEY
Harry dear, I wanted to speak with you before we ate.

HARRY
What is it Mrs. Weasley?

MRS. WEASLEY
Well Harry it’s just….Ron and Hermione seem to think that the three of you are dropping out of Hogwarts.

HARRY
Well…we are….

MRS. WEASLEY
May I ask why you are abandoning your education?

HARRY
Dumbledore left me….stuff to do….

MRS. WEASLEY
What sort of ‘stuff’

HARRY
Mrs. Weasley I can’t….

MRS. WEASLEY
Why would Dumbledore send three teenagers barely of age on a suicide mission when he has the whole Order to do it?

HARRY
Because only I can do it Mrs.Weasley.

MRS. WEASLEY
And Ron and Hermione?

Harry stares at her, lost for words. What has he gotten his friends into? Mrs. Weasley stares at him for a moment and then smiles.

MRS. WEASLEY
Let’s get to supper dear…we can discuss this later.

Harry nods and walks out of the room and the scene cuts to

INT. BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks down the stairs into the kitchen where Hermione, Lupin, Tonks, Mr. Weasley, Ginny, Fred, and George are all sitting. Lupin is reading ‘THE DAILY PROPHET’ and Mrs. Weasley comes down after Harry.

MRS. WEASLEY
Alright have a seat Harry dear and we can get started….

She looks over and notices Ron has already started eating.

MRS. WEASLEY
Well those of us with manners…

Ron looks up at his mom and shrugs. Harry takes a seat next to Ron and Mrs. Weasley sits next to her husband.

LUPIN
Still no news of Mad Eye’s death in here…as expected.

HARRY
Is it true Mr. Weasley about Voldemort having spies in the Ministry...how could this happen?

MR. WEASLEY
It seems You-Know-Who is much more powerful than we realized…his rise is happening quickly.

HARRY
People should know….

MR. WEASLEY
How will they find out Harry? You-Know-Who has spies planted everywhere now…people are terrified

MRS. WEASLEY
Can we talk about this another time please…besides we should all start eating before Ron eats everything...

RON
Come on Mum I would save a little…..

Lupin sits down the newspaper and everyone starts passing around their dinner plates.The scene slowly fades to a WIDESHOT of the Burrow and we cut to Harry walking up the stairs towards Ron’s room.

INT. BURROW-RON’S ROOM-EVENING

Harry walks into the room and finds Hermione surrounded by books and Ron eating an apple while reading a Quidditch magazine.

HARRY
What’s going on?

HERMIONE
I’m just looking through some old books. Just trying to decide which one’s to take with us on the mission.

HARRY
Listen…about that….

Hermione and Ron both look up at Harry.

HARRY
I know you said that you wanted to come with me…

RON
Here he goes…

HERMIONE
We’re coming with you Harry…that’s final…

HARRY
But…

RON
Shut up.

HARRY
Are you sure you’ve thought this through?

Hermione slams the books she’s reading and stands up quickly. Tears swell in her eyes.

HERMIONE
I’ve been packing for days so we’re ready to leave at a moment’s notice. I modified my parents’ memories so that they think they’re completely different people. Assuming I survive our hunt for Horcruxes, I’ll find Mum and Dad and lift the enchantment. If I don’t…well, I think I’ve cast a good enough charm to keep them safe and happy. They don’t know they’ve got a daughter…

HARRY
Hermione….

HERMIONE
So to think we haven’t thought this through Harry…to think we don’t’ know what we’re facing….

Tears fall down her face and she can’t finish the sentence. Ron gets up and wraps his arms around her and frowns at Harry.

HARRY
I…I’m sorry…I didn’t….

RON
Want to see what else we’ve done?

INT. BURROW-ATTIC-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Ron and Harry standing in his attic. We hear a loud groan and the camera pans over to show a GHOUL in pajama’s and red hair.

HARRY
Ron…why is this ghoul dressed in pajamas?

RON
If all three of us don’t show up at Hogwart’s this year everyone’s going to think we’re off with you. Which means the Death Eaters will go straight for our families for information. So we’re putting out the story that I have spattergroit….it’s very contagious so if anyone comes to check out the story they won’t get close enough to find out the truth.

The ghoul groans again.

HARRY
Do your mum and dad know about this?

RON
Dad does…I’m sure mum will be fine with it once we’re gone.

Harry looks at Ron and smiles knowing that his friends are there with him until the end. He sits down on his bed.

RON
So this R.A.B. person he said in his note he was going to destroy the locket, didn’t he? Wonder if he did finish it off? It’d be one less for us to do!

HERMIONE
Yes, but we’re still going to have to try and trace the real locket, aren’t we? We have to find out if it’s really destroyed.

RON
How exactly do you destroy a Horcrux?

HERMIONE
Well I’ve been researching this….

HARRY
How? There were no books on Horcruxes in the library at school…

HERMIONE
There weren’t. Dumbledore removed them all and I sort of…well…used a summoning charm to get the book out of Dumbledore’s study.

HARRY
When?

HERMIONE
After the funeral….

Harry and Ron both glance over at each other.

HERMIONE
Anyway from what I read the only foolproof way to destroy a Horcrux is what Harry did to Riddle’s diary.

HARRY
Stab it with a basilisk fang?

RON
Lucky we’ve got a large supply of basilisk fangs…I was wondering what we were going to do with them…

HARRY
How do you think Dumbledore destroyed the ring? Why didn’t I ask him? I never really….

The door opens and Mrs.Weasley walks in looking worried.

MRS. WEASLEY
Your fathers back and he brought a guest…they want to see you three

The Will of Albus Dumbledore:    

The trio glance at each other and the scene cuts to them walking into the sitting room and standing there is Mr.Weasley and Scrimgeour who’s holding a large bag.

SCRIMGEOUR
Harry Potter….it’s good to see you again…

HARRY
What do you want?

SCRIMGEOUR
I need to have a word with you alone Harry and then Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger can join later. Do you mind?

HARRY
No….

MR. WEASLEY
We’ll just be in the kitchen….

RON
Yell if you need anything Harry….

They all exit leaving Scrimgeour and Harry standing in the sitting room.

SCRIMGEOUR
I’ve heard word Harry that you were with Dumbledore the night he died…..

HARRY
What happened between Dumbledore and I is my business.

SCRIMGEOUR
Your loyalty is admirable Harry but things are different now Harry. Dumbledore is gone and it’s time for action to be taken….

HARRY
He will only be gone when none are loyal to him Minister.

SCRIMGEOUR
My dear boy….even Dumbledore cannot return from the dead…no one can…

HARRY
I’m not saying he can….

SCRIMGEOUR
You and Dumbledore went somewhere the night he died Harry and it’s in your best interest to ….

HARRY
What? Betray Dumbledore?

SCRIMGEOUR
The Ministry can offer you all sorts of protection Potter. I would be delighted to place my Aurors at your service if only you….

HARRY
Voldemort wants to kill me himself, and Aurors won’t stop him. Thanks for the offer Minister but no thanks.

SCRIMGEOUR
So the request I made of you at Dumbledore’s funeral….

HARRY
The one where I tell the world what a great job you’re doing?

SCRIMGEOUR
The job in raising everyone’s morale Harry! They need a symbol of hope in such dark times….

HARRY
I hear Voldemort’s already infiltrated the Ministry.

Scrimgeour pauses at this, clearly shaken.

HARRY
It’s only a matter of time when everyone will find out the truth.

SCRIMGEOUR
Is that your final word?

HARRY
Yes.

SCRIMGEOUR
Well I guess you really are….

HARRY
Dumbledore’s man through and through. That’s right.

Scrimgeour bows his head in defeat and takes the bag he has on his shoulder off and sits it down on the floor.

HARRY
So is that why you came here?

SCRIMGEOUR
No.

HARRY
Then what?

SCRIMGEOUR
I think you should call Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger in before we proceed…

The camera zooms in on Harry’s look of curiosity and cuts to Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in the sitting room and Scrimgeour standing in front of them.

SCRIMGEOUR
The reason I came here is because of Albus Dumbledore’s will.

The trio cast looks at each other.

SCRIMGEOUR
I see you three are surprised….you were not aware then that Dumbledore had left you anything?

RON
All or us? Me and Hermione too?

HARRY
Dumbledore died over a month ago. Why has it taken so long to give us what he left us?

HERMIONE
They wanted to examine whatever he’s left us.

SCRIMGEOUR
Yes….

HERMIONE
You had no right!

SCRIMGEOUR
I had every right. The Decree for Justifiable Confiscation gives the Ministry the power to confiscate the contents of a will….

HERMIONE
That law was created to stop wizards passing on Dark artifacts and the Ministry is supposed to have powerful evidence that the deceased’s possessions are illegal before seizing them!

RON
So why give it do us now?

HERMIONE
The thirty days are up. They can’t keep objects longer than that unless they can prove they’re dangerous.

SCRIMGEOUR
Would you say you were close to Dumbledore, Ronald?

RON
Me? No…not really…

SCRIMGEOUR
Then why do you think he remembered you in his will?

RON
I dunno…I mean…when I say we weren’t close I meant, I mean…I think he liked me…

HERMIONE
You’re being modest Ron, Dumbledore was very fond of you…who wouldn’t be?

They both smile at each other as Scrimgeour pulls out a piece of parchment and clears his throat.

SCRIMGEOUR
The Last Will and Testament of Album Percival Wulfric Brain Dumbledore….to Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, in the hope that he will remember me when he uses it.

Scrimgeour reaches into the bag and pulls out the DELUMINATOR and hands it to Ron.

SCRIMGEOUR
Thousands of students Dumbledore taught, and yet you three make it into his will. Curious yes? Now…to Miss Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of ‘The Tale of Beedle the Bard’ in hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive.

Scrimgeour reaches into the bag and hands the book to Hermione.

SCRIMGEOUR
Why do you think Dumbledore left you that book?

HERMIONE
He know I liked books.

SCRIMGEOUR
Yes…and finally to Harry James Potter. I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the reward of perseverance and skill.

Scrimgeour pulls out the SNITCH and holds it up in front of his face.

SCRIMGEOUR
Now this is very curious, why would Dumbledore leave you this Snitch Potter?

HARRY
For the reasons you read out maybe?

SCRIMGEOUR
A Snitch is a very good hiding place for a small object. You know why, I’m sure?

HARRY
What are you talking about?

HERMIONE
Flesh memory. A Snitch is not touched by bare skin before it’s released. It carries an enchantment by which it can identify the first human to lay hands upon it, in case of a disputed capture.

SCRIMGEOUR
Correct Ms. Granger and it makes me think that Dumbledore, who had prodigious magical skill, might have enchanted this Snitch so that it will open only for you.

Harry looks up at Scrimgeour who gives a faint smile.

SCRIMGEOUR
Take it.

Harry holds out his hand and Scrimgeour slowly leans forward and places the Snitch in his hand. Nothing happens.

HARRY
Well I guess there goes your theory. Is that all?

SCRIMGEOUR
No, Dumbledore left you another object Potter.

HARRY
What?

SCRIMGEOUR
The sword of Godric Gryffindor.

HARRY
Then where is it?

SCRIMGEOUR
I’m sorry to say the sword wasn’t Dumbledore’s to give away….

HERMIONE
It belongs to Harry! He was the one who found it, it came to him out of the Sorting Hat…

SCRIMGEOUR
Well Ms. Granger the sword may present itself to any worthy Gryffindor. That does not make it exclusive property of Mr. Potter, whatever Dumbledore may have decided. Why do you think Dumbledore wanted to give you the sword?

HARRY
Maybe he thought it would look nice on my wall.

SCRIMGEOUR
This is not a joke Potter! Was it because Dumbledore believed that only the sword of Godric Gryffindor could defeat the Heir of Slytherin? Did he wish to give you that sword because he believed, as do many, that you are the one destined to destroy He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

HARRY
Yeah it’ll be easy to just walk up and stick a sword in Voldemort won’t it Minister? You come in here trying to recruit me to be a poster child for the Ministry when all the Ministry is doing is wasting time examining the things Dumbledore left us and keeping the public in the dark!

SCRIMGEOUR
You don’t know what you’re talking about!

Harry quickly stands up and faces Scrimgeour.

HARRY
No? People are dying…I was nearly one of them…Vodlemort chased me across three counties, he killed Mad-Eye Moody, but there’s been no word about any of that from the Ministry, has there?

SCRIMGEOUR
You go too far!

Scrimgeour pulls out his wand but Harry, Hermione, and Ron are quicker and have their wands pointed at his face.

SCRIMGEOUR
You’re not in school Potter and I am not Dumbledore. He might has forgiven your insolence and insubordination but not me! You wear that scar like a crown, Potter, but I will not tell you how to do my job! It’s time you learned some respect!

HARRY
It’s time you earned it.

We see Mr. and Mrs.Weasley enter into the sitting room quickly.

MR. WEASLEY
What’s going on here?

SCRIMGEOUR
Nothing…it was nothing Arthur…I apologize.

He puts his wand away and stares at Harry before exiting.

MRS. WEASLEY
Are you three alright?

HARRY
Fine.

INT. RONS BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in Ron’s room. Hermione is looking through the book Dumbledore gave her. Ron clicks the Deluminator and the light in the room goes off. He clicks it again and the light comes on.

RON
Cool…

HARRY
I can’t believe they’re keeping the sword of Gryffindor. We have to get it back from them!

HERMIONE
How? We don’t know where it is.

HARRY
Dumbledore’s office!

HERMIONE
You think it’s still there Harry? And besides I doubt we’ll be able to just waltz into Hogwarts and get the sword from Dumbledore’s office!

Harry looks down at the snitch in his hand.

HARRY
Well I guess it’s time to see if Dumbledore really left me a message with this thing.

RON
What do you mean?

HARRY
Don’t you remember Ron. My first match I caught the Snitch…

RON
In your mouth! Blimey Harry Scrimgeour had no clue?

HARRY
And I wasn’t going to mention it. Well..here goes…

Harry pops the Snitch into his mouth and takes it out. Slowly words start to form on the Snitch and Harry reads it outloud.

HARRY
‘I open at the close’

RON
What’s that supposed to mean?

HARRY
No idea.

The camera zooms in on the writing and then fades to a shot of the MINISTRY OF MAGIC.

INT. MINISTRY OF MAGIC-ATRIUM-NEXT DAY

We see a shot of the Atrium where a few wizards are walking around. SWOOSH a fireplace lights up with green flames and Scrimgeour appears and walks out.

WIZARD
Good day Minister.

SCRIMGEOUR
Good day.

We follow Scrimgeour as he walks through the Ministry.

INT. MINISTRY OF MAGIC-HALLWAY-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Scrimgeour walking down the hallway towards his office. He opens the door a walks in.

INT. MINISTRY OF MAGIC-MINISTERS OFFICE-MOMENTS LATER

Scrimgeour enters the dark office and walks towards his desk. He turns the light on and standing in front of him are 5 Death Eaters in their masks. The door slams behind him and Scrimgeour quickly goes for his wand but is disarmed and thrown back onto the floor. One Death Eater takes off their mask and it is Yaxley.

SCRIMGEOUR
You!

YAXLEY
Hello Minister.

SCRIMGEOUR
But..but…

YAXLEY
I’ve already planted spies in the Ministry Scrimgeour and there’s only one person standing in The Dark Lord’s way. Only one person that’s stopping him from having full control of the Wizarding Community.

Yaxley starts to laugh as Scrimgeour bows his head in defeat and the screen goes black.

Harry's Seventeenth Birthday:    

INT. BURROW-RONS ROOM-MORNING

SWOOSH blinds fly up in Ron’s room waking Harry up. He sits up quickly and grabs his glasses.

HARRY
What’s going on?

RON
Happy Birthday Harry!

HARRY
I’d forgotten today was my birthday…I’m seventeen!

RON
Well go ahead…use some magic...u can do it anytime you like now!

Harry grabs his wand and looks around the room. He see’s a book sitting next to Ron’s bed and points his wand at it.

HARRY
Accio book!

The book flies into Harry’s hand and he looks down at the title.

HARRY
Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches?

RON
That book’s pure gold…you should keep it. It explains everything you need to know about girls.

MRS. WEASLEY (O.S.)
Breakfast is ready!

Ron quickly runs out of the room and Harry slowly follows him.

INT. BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the kitchen to find Mrs. Weasley and Hermione setting the table. They both look up and smile as Harry enters

MRS. WEASLEY
Happy birthday Harry!

She reaches into a box and pulls out a watch.

MRS. WEASLEY
It’s traditional to give a wizard a watch when he comes of age. I’m afraid this one isn’t new like Ron’s but…

Harry gets up and hugs her tightly. She smiles at him, pats him on the cheek, and turns to finish cooking. Hermione then hugs Harry.

HERMIONE
Happy seventeenth Harry.

HARRY
Thanks Hermione.

MRS. WEASLEY
Make sure you clean up your room…we’re having guest over later.

RON
What guests?

MRS. WEASLEY
Just a few people to celebrate Harry’s seventeenth.

HARRY
Mrs. Weasley that really isn’t….

MRS. WEASLEY
It is Harry. Now go freshen up.

EXT. BURROW-BACKYARD-AFTERNOON

Harry casts a look at Ron before running upstairs and the scene cuts to a wideshoot of the Burrow. The camera then pans down to show a few tables in the backyard covered with food. Hermione is standing outside and points her wand up and BOOM purple and gold streamers erupts and starts to wrap and drap themselves around the tables, tree, and bushes. Ron walks up and rubs her on her back.

RON
Nice Hermione. You’ve really got an eye for that sort of thing.

HERMIONE
Why thank you Ron!

INT. BURROW-SITTING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Ron looks over at Harry, who’s sitting alone under a tree with ‘The Daily Prophet’and gives him a thumbs up. Harry laughs and looks back down at the paper. We see a shot of the article that has a picture of Rita Skeeter smiling up from it. We hear her voiceover as Harry reads.

RITA (V.O.)
Coming next week my new biography of Albus Dumbledore entitled, The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, will be released. I won’t give away the highlights of my book but I promise that anybody who thinks Dumbledore was white as his beard is in for a rude awakening! Also I devote an entire chapter to the entire chapter to the whole Potter-Dumbledore relationship. It’s been called unhealthy, even sinister. Dumbledore took unnatural interest in Potter from the word go…

GINNY (O.S.)
Harry?

Harry looks up from the paper and standing in front of him is Ginny.

HARRY
Ginny…hey…

GINNY
Happy seventeenth.

HARRY
Thank you…

He sits the paper down and stands up facing her.

HARRY
You want to go for a walk?

GINNY
Sure…

EXT. BURROW FRONT YARD-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ginny slowly walking in front of the house in silence.

HARRY
We haven’t had the chance to really talk huh?

GINNY
Well you’ve been busy, saving the world and all…

HARRY
Ginny…I…I just…I wish things were different you know? I wish I wasn’t ‘The Chosen One’ and maybe, just maybe…we could…

GINNY
But you are ‘The Chosen One’ Harry and I know you have a mission to do. I won’t jeopardize that with something like my feelings…

Harry grabs Ginny and starts to kiss her. They begin to kiss like they’ll never see each other again. They stop kissing and hold each other looking while looking into each others eyes.

HARRY
When this is over….when all this is done…

RON (O.S.)
Harry!

They both jump apart as Ron walks towards them from the house.

RON
Parties started…everyone is here….

GINNY
Well happy seventeenth Harry…

She smiles at him and walks off. Harry begins to follow but Ron stops him.

RON
I saw you two…

HARRY
What?

RON
I saw you and Ginny…snogging…

HARRY
Ron I’m….

RON
We’re leaving soon Harry.

HARRY
I know I just….

RON
And you get her hopes up like that? You know she’s had a crush on you since she first met you…

HARRY
I know Ron and I’m sorry…it won’t happen again…

RON
Right…well... let’s get to your party, everyone’s waiting.

EXT. BURROW-BACKYARD-MOMENTS LATER

Harry nods and the scene cuts to Harry following Ron into the backyard where we see Harry a few of his close friends smiling at him. There’s Hagrid, TONKS, LUPIN, LUNA, XENOPHILIUS LOVEGOOD, Fred, George, Hermione, Dean, Seamus, Neville, and his grandmother.

EVERYONE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!!

They all clap and BOOM Fred and George set off fireworks that rain down confetti. A smile creeps across Harry’s face and Mrs. Weasley runs up and hugs Harry once again.

MRS. WEASLEY
I just invited a few people I knew you were fond of.

HARRY
This is great Mrs. Weasley…thanks….

HAGRID
Seventeen, eh! Six years ter the day since we met, Harry,d’yeh remember it?

HARRY
Didn’t you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig’s tail, and tell me I was a wizard?

Hagrid smiles at Harry as Tonks wraps her arms around him.

TONKS
We’re both so proud of you.

LUPIN
You never cease to amaze me Harry, now you’re an adult and I know Lily and James would be so proud.

LUNA
Happy seventeenth Harry.

HARRY
Luna…thanks…

LUNA
This is my father Harry….

XENOPHILIUS
Xenophilius Lovegood at your service. A pleasure it is Harry Potter. Luna has told me so much about you. Maybe one day I can get an exclusive interview with you for my paper ‘The Quibbler’…that would really be wonderful…

HARRY
Erm yeah…

XENOPHILIUS
We stay just over the hill there.

He points into the direction of their house.

XENOPHILIUS
If you need anything, anything at all, feel free to stop in!

HARRY
Thanks…

Harry notices he’s wearing a symbol on his chest.

HARRY
Interesting symbol….what does it mean?

XENOPHILIUS
Ah this thing…it’s the symbol for the Deathly Hallows…

LUNA
It’s actually a thrilling tale…would you like to hear it Harry?

HARRY
Erm..maybe later Luna…thanks…

They both smile at Harry as Neville and his Grandmother walk into frame.

NEVILLE
Harry…happy seventeenth!

HARRY
Neville…thanks.

NEVILLE
Harry this is my gran...gran Harry Potter.

GRAN
Nice to finally meet the great Harry Potter. Neville’s told me all about you of course, and I know how much you adored Dumbledore. Hard to believe he was involved in the Dark Arts when he was younger…..

NEVILLE
Gran please….

HARRY
What do you mean?

GRAN
Oh yeah the great Dumbledore wasn’t always so great…did away with his Squib sister. Guess he thought it looked bad to be one of the greatest wizards and his sister never had any powers. What was her name again? Ariana I believe.

NEVILLE
Don’t mind her Harry…she’s been reading the Daily Prophet a lot lately….

HARRY
I read the same article…Rita Skeeter wrote it so I’m sure it’s just rubbish….

GRAN
This is common knowledge Potter…well before your years. I’m old friends with Bathilda Bagshot. She was there through most of it. She knows the truth.

HARRY
Bathilda Bagshot? Didn’t she write ‘A HISTORY OF MAGIC”

GRAN
The very same. She knew Dumbledore for years…well worth a trip to Godric’s Hollow, I’d have thought.

HARRY
Bathilda Bagshot lives in Godric’s Hollow?

GRAN
Oh yes, she’s been there forever! She and the Dumbledore’s were neighbors.

HARRY
Dumbledore lived there…?

DOBBY (O.S.)
Harry Potter!

Harry turns around and notices the house elf DOBBY standing there smiling up at him.

HARRY
Dobby? What are you doing here?

DOBBY
Dobby wouldn’t miss Harry Potter’s seventeenth!

HARRY
I’m glad to see you Dobby, really I am….

DOBBY
I have a gift for you sir….

Dobby pulls out a sock and hands it to Harry.

DOBBY
It’s the sock Harry Potter gave to Dobby to free him from the Malfoy’s. Dobby thought Harry Potter would like it back!

HARRY
Oh…um…thanks Dobby!

He takes the sock.

DOBBY
If Harry Potter needs anything…anything at all…just let Dobby know!

HARRY
I will Dobby…

BOOM there a burst of light in the middle of the backyard. Everyone turns around as a large and silver Lynx patronus appears. The patronus opens its mouth.

SHACKLEBOLT
The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.

A Place to Hide:    

We see a ripple in the sky as the defenses around the house are liften.BOOM glass starts to shatter from the Burrow. Everyone starts to run, grabbing their wands, and awaiting the coming battle. Lupin runs up to Harry.

LUPIN
Get out of here…quickly!

HARRY
But…!

HERMIONE
HARRY TAKE MY HAND! WHERE’S RON!

BOOM there is a loud explosion and the chimney is blown clean off the Burrow. Black smoke starts to appear all around them. We see spells starting to fly through the air. Harry and Hermione both run quickly towards Ron. Hermione grabs Ron’s hand and SWOOSH they are gone.

EXT. TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD-MOMENTS LATER

SWOOSH they appear in the middle of a crowed street.

RON
Where are we?

HERMIONE
Tottenham Court Road. Walk, just walk. We need somewhere to hide.

HARRY
Hide? My Invisibility Cloak! I don’t have it with me….

HERMIONE
I’ve got the cloak, and clothes for all of us.

They turn down an ally and Hermione opens the small handbag she has with her and starts feeling around in it.

HARRY
You fit everything in there?

HERMIONE
Everything we will need yes. It was tricky but I think I’ve done okay.

HARRY
When did you do all this?

HERMIONE
I told you at the Burrow, I’ve had the essentials packed for days, you know, in case we needed a quick getaway.

She pulls out the Invisibility Cloak and hands it to Harry.

RON
You’re amazing, you are.

HERMIONE
Thank you…now Harry, get that Cloak on!

HARRY
But everyone at the Burrow!

RON
It’s not the time to worry about everyone else mate. It’s you they’re after and we’ll just put everyone in more danger by going back.

Harry hesitates but throws the cloak over him and Ron and Hermione walk out of the alleyway into the busy Muggle streets.

RON
So why’d you bring us here?

HERMIONE
What else is there? We can’t book rooms at The Leaky Cauldron and Grimmauld Place is out if Snape can get in there.

RON
But Dad told me that Moody put spells just in case he showed up to stop him getting in. I’m sure it’s better than in this Muggle town. We have to go somewhere to find out what’s going on.

HERMIONE
We know what’s going on Ron! Voldemort’s taken over the Ministry, what else do we need to know?

RON
Yeah….

HERMIONE
Yeah so let’s just….

SWOOSH out of nowhere two figures apparate in front of them in black smoke.

HERMIONE
Run!

She pulls Ron and Harry (Who’s still invisible) into another allyway in the nick of time as spells fly past them. The Death Eaters begin to chase them down the Alleyway throwing spells and rubble is blasted all around them. One Death Eater points his wand at Ron which sends ropes flying at him. SWOOSH Hermione waves her wand and the ropes are thrown back at the Death Eater who simply burns them before they wrap around him.

HARRY (O.S.)
STUPDEFY!

The spell shoots out but barely misses the Death Eater.

DEATH EATER 1
EXPULSO!

BOOM the wall next to Harry explodes knocking the Cloak off of him as he falls.

HERMIONE
Petrificus Totalus!

BOOM the Death Eater is hit in the chest and falls down frozen.

RON
STUPEFY!!

BOOM the other Death Eater is knocked hard against the wall and falls out unconscious. Harry then goes to fetch is Cloak as Ron checks on Hermione

RON
You alright?

HERMIONE
Fine…how did they find us?! What are we going to do?

RON
What are we going to do with them? You don’t think we should kill them do you?

HARRY
We just need to wipe their memories. It’s better like that; it’ll throw them off the scent. If we killed them it’d obvious we were here.

Hermione points her wand at the Death Eater.

HERMIONE
Obliviate!

HARRY
Brilliant Hermione.

She turns and does the same for to the other Death Eater.

HERMIONE
How do you think they found us Harry? You don’t think you’ve still got your trace on you?

RON
Ha can’t have, he’s seventeen now.

HARRY
We need somewhere to hide…Grimmauld Place..that’s all we have.

HERMIONE
But Harry Snape…

HARRY
If Snape shows up I’d like nothing better to do than repay him for what he did. Besides where else is there?

EX. NUMBER TWELVE GRIMMAUL PLACE-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to a shot of Grimmauld Place. SWOOSH the trio appear in front of it. They all stare in silence at the house for a moment.

HARRY
Well here we go…

Harry takes a deep breath and opens the door.

INT. NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY-MOMENTS LATER

Harry, Ron, and Hermione slowly walk into the dark house. Ron closes the door behind him and all of a sudden all three of their mouths start to clench tightly and a loud voice is heard.

MOODY (O. S.)
Severus Snape?

HARRY
(Slightly struggling)
We’re not Snape!

There is a WHOOSH and the mouth clenching stops. All three of them grab their mouths in relief.

RON
What was that?

HERMIONE
That must have been the Tongue Tying Curse Mad-Eye set up for Snape.

All three of them stand still for a moment looking down the dark hallway. Harry takes a deep breath before taking a step and when he does SWOOSH a gush of wind blows towards them and a transparent image of DUMBLEDORE slowly glides down the hall towards them. He slowly raises his hand and points at Harry. Harry points his wand at him in panic and Hermione grabs Ron in fear.

HARRY
No! It wasn’t us! We didn’t kill you….

BOOM the image of Dumbledore explodes into a cloud of dust. The three of them cough as the dust blows into their face. Ron holds onto Hermione who is shaking in his arms.

HERMIONE
That…that was….

HARRY
Yeah…but it wasn’t really him, was it? Just something to scare Snape.

Harry takes another deep breath but before he takes a step Hermione grabs his arm.

HERMIONE
Wait Harry! Before we go any further, I think we’d better check.

She pulls out her wand and points in down the hall.

HERMIONE
Homenum revelio!

Nothing happens. Harry and Ron both look at Hermione in silence.

HERMIONE
That was a spell to reveal human presence, and there’s nobody here except us. I think it’s safe.

HARRY
Good. Well let’s get upstairs…

He starts to walk and grabs his scar in pain.

RON
What is it?

HARRY
Nothing…I….I just felt angry. He’s really angry.

Harry closes his eyes and his neck twitches as we hear Voldemort’s voice over the screen.

VOLDEMORT (O.S.)
You call me back to tell me Harry Potter has escaped again! Lord Voldemort is not sure he will forgive this time.

We hear another voice scream as Harry grabs his head in pain and then BOOM there is a burst of bright light. They all look up as a Weasel patronus appears in front of them and Mr. Weasley’s voice comes from it.

MR. WEASLEY (O.S.)
Family safe, do not reply, we are being watched.

SWOOSH the Patronus is gone.

RON
Everyone’s alright!

HERMIONE
That’s good news….Harry? Are you alright?

HARRY
Fine..it was just Voldemort. I think the connection between us is opening again…especially when he loses control. It’s fine now...

HERMIONE
Right…well let’s get upstairs and freshen up. Don’t worry about your undergarments Ron, I washed them yesterday.

RON
Hermione…

They both walk upstairs and Harry’s watches them. He then turns and looks down the hallway towards the door. He lets out a sigh and proceeds to walk upstairs.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY

The camera shifts to Harry walking up the stairs into a Hallway. He turns to walk up the next flight of stairs but pauses. He notices the nameplate on a door reads ‘SIRIUS’ He pauses in front of the door for a moment and then slowly opens the door.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-SIRIUS ROOM

Harry walks into Sirius’s room and looks around. He notices the large bed, tall windows, and a dusty chandelier. He walks toward the other end of the room where there a many pictures plastered on the wall underneath a large Gryffindor banner. The camera zooms in on the pictures showing plenty of motorcycles, girls in bikini’s, and plenty of pictures of young Sirius. He camera pauses on a picture of young Sirius, James, Lupin, and Wormtail all smiling and waving. The camera pans back to show Harry looking at the picture.

HARRY
Dad….

He tries to take the picture down but it doesn’t budge. Harry takes a step back and we hear a paper shuffle. He looks down notices a pile of papers next to Sirius bed. He picks them up and starts looking through them. One is crumbled and Harry smooths it out and begins to read. We hear LILY’S POTTER voice.

LILY (O.S.)
Dear Padfoot…

INT. GODRICS HALLOW-POTTERS HIDING PLACE-SITTING ROOM- 17 YRS AGO-NIGHT

The scene fades to a shot of Lily sitting at a table writing the letter.

LILY (V.O.)
Thank you for Harry’s birthday present! It was his favorite by far.

She looks back and we see JAMES POTTER standing with a smile on his face. The camera pans down to show a one year old Harry zooming around on a little broomstick.

JAMES
Looks Lily he’s a natural. He’s going to be a great Quidditch player one day!

Lily smiles and turns around to write again.

LILY (V.O.)
One year old and already zooming along on his toy broomstick. James is getting a bit frustrated shut up here, he tries not to show it but I can tell…also, Dumbledore’s still got his Invisibility Cloak, so no chance of little excursions. Wormy was here last weekend, he seemed a bit down. Bathilda Bagshot drops in most days, she has the most amazing stories about Dumbledore, I don’t know how much to believe, actually, because it seems incredible that Dumbledore….

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-SIRIUS ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts back to Harry standing in Sirius room staring at his mothers letter. He sits it down on Sirius’s bed and starts to scan the floor looking for the second page. He notices a torn photograph on the floor and looks at it. It’s a picture of him as a baby zooming around on the broom and his fathers legs chasing him. Harry smiles and the scene fades to him walking into the bedroom where Ron and Hermione are.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Hermione is pulling out clothes from her bag and Ron seems to be examining the room. They both looks up as Harry walks in.

HERMIONE
Where were you?

HARRY
Sirius’s room…thought I’d check it out. Look.

He hands Hermione the letter and the picture. Hermione begins to read the letter.

HARRY
It’s a letter my mom wrote to Sirius, I can’t find the second page anywhere.

RON
Was his room a mess aswell? Seems like someone was here before us…looking for something….

HARRY
Yeah I notices that…what do they think they could find?

RON
Information about the Order maybe?

HERMIONE
Bathilda? Do you think your mom means Bathilda Bagshot Harry?

HARRY
Yeah…Neville’s gran told me she stayed in Godrics Hallow aswell. Dumbledore too.

HERMIONE
Dumbledore?

HARRY
Yeah. Add that to the list of things I don’t know about him.

Harry sits down on the bed in frustration.

HERMIONE
Harry?

HARRY
Don’t you see Hermione? We’re unprepared! I don’t know where to begin looking for the Horcruxes and all this about Dumbledore being a dark wizard in his youth…

HERMIONE
Harry I’m sure that’s fake…

HARRY
Is it? Hermione all the time we spent together and I know nothing about him…or this mission…and Snape took him away before I had the chance.

RON
We’ll figure something out mate.

HARRY
I just wish we had more time…I wish I could talk to him again…

HERMIONE
Harry…I think we can….

HARRY
What do you mean?

HERMIONE
Every headmaster Hogwarts ever had has a portrait in the headmasters office after they pass….

HARRY
How are we supposed to get there to speak to his portrait?

Kreacher's Tale:    

Hermione smiles and the scene cuts to a shot of an empty room and the door opens and the trio walks into it.

INT-GRIMMAULD PLACE-BEDROOM 2-MOMENTS LATER

HERMIONE
Back when Ron and I first came to Grimmauld Place Sirius took us on a tour.

They stop in front of an empty portrait.

RON
Great…an empty frame…

HERMIONE
Don’t you remember Ron? This portrait is of Phineas Nigellus Black…he was once a Hogwarts Headmaster….

HARRY
Do you mean?

HERMIONE
Yes…he can move between this portrait and his one at Hogwarts. If we can somehow contact him….

HARRY
Maybe we’ll get him to contact Dumbledore’s portrait for us!

HERMIONE
Exactly!
(Clears her throat)
Phineas! Phineas Black!?!

Nothing happens.

RON
Well that was fun.

HERMIONE
Well I’ll keep trying to contact him. You two go to the kitchens and see what you can find.

They both nod and exit.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY-MOMENTS LATER

Harry and Ron begin to walk down the hall. Ron looks up and notices another faceplate on a door. Harry pauses and turns around.

HARRY
Ron?

RON
Harry…I think you should see this….

Harry walks over and looks at the nameplate. The camera zooms in on the faceplate and it reads ‘Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black’

HARRY
Ron…you don’t think….

RON
It has to be….

HARRY
Hermione!

Hermione runs out of the room towards them.

HERMIONE
What’s wrong?!?

HARRY
I think Ron has found something…look…

She starts to read the faceplate.

HERMIONE
Regulus…R.A.B? The locket….you don’t think?

HARRY
I think so Hermione.

The smile and open the door.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS ROOM-MOMENT LATER

They walk into the room which is covered with the Slytherin colors. Hermione starts to examine the collage of newpapers that are on his wall.

HERMIONE
They’re all about Voldemort…I think Regulus was a Death Eater.

RON
Wouldn’t surprise me.

He starts to rummage through things looking for the locket

HERMIONE
There’s an easier way Ron….ACCIO LOCKET!

Nothing happens and Ron shrugs and starts searching again.

HERMIONE
Well I’ll take this side…Harry you search there…I’m sure together we’ll be able to find the locket.

HARRY
Do you think anyone else knew about the locket Hermione?

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

HARRY
I mean…I just had this crazy thought…might not be anything…

RON
Spit it out why don’t you…

HARRY
Kreacher…

HERMIONE and RON
Kreacher?

HARRY
He’s been here his whole life…it may be a long shot but maybe he’ll know something.

RON
Well he’s your houself now…call him.

HARRY
Right…KREACHER!

POP immeditaly KREACHER the houself appears in the middle of Regulus room. He bows at Harry.

KREACHER
Master back in my Mistress’s old house with the blood-traitor Weasley and the Mudblood….

HARRY
I forbid you to call anyone ‘blood traitor’ or ‘Mudblood’

KREACHER
If Master doesn’t mind Kreacher asking…why is Master snooping around ole Master Rugulus’s room.

HARRY
We’re looking for something and maybe you can help us. Do you know if Regulus had this….this locket…

Kreacher eyes widen at the question and falls to his knees. Harry takes off the fake locket around his neck and holds it in front of Kreacher.

HARRY
I went looking for it about a month ago and this is what I found. It had a letter inside it….

Tears begin to fall down Kreachers eyes.

KREACHER
Gone…it’s gone…Kreacher did wrong, Kreacher failed in his orders!

HARRY
Kreacher?

KREACHER
Mundungus Fletcher stole it all: Miss Bella’s and Miss Cissy’s pictures, the goblets with the family crest, and the locket. Master Regulus’s locket.

Kreacher starts to beat on himself mercilessly and Harry grabs his arms.

HARRY
I order you not to hurt yourself! Now Kreacher this is important…Hermione wasn’t Mundungus…

HERMIONE
Yeah he came with us when we picked you up from the Dursley’s. Not the most trustworthy person…

RON
He’s the reason Moody is dead.

HARRY
Are you sure he stole it Kreacher?

KREACHER
Yes.

HARRY
And you call the locket ‘Master Regulus’s’ Why? Where did it comes from?

Kreacher curls himself up into a ball and stares off into the distance.

KREACHER
For years Master Regulus talked of the Dark Lord, who was going to bring the wizards out of hiding to rule the Muggles and Muggle-borns…and finally when he was sixteen years old, Master Regulus joined the Dark Lord.

RON
He was a Death Eater?

KREACHER
Yes…

INT. GRIMMAULD YEARS-KITCHEN-YEARS EARLIER (FLASHBACK)

The scene slowly fades to Kreacher in the past cleaning up the kitchen. REGULUS slowly walks into the kitchen.

KREACHER (V.O)
A year after he had joined, Master Regulus came down to the kitchen to see Kreacher and Master Regulus said…he said…

REGULUS
The Dark Lord requires an elf Kreacher.

Kreacher bows.

EXT. THE CAVE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a wideshot of THE CAVE where Voldemort hid the locket Horcrux. We see Voldemort standing outside of the entrance with Kreacher.

KREACHER (V.O.)
So Kreacher went to the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord took Kreacher to a cave beside the sea. And beyond the cave there was a cavern, and in the cavern was a great black lake….

We see Voldemort pulling the boat up from the depths of the lake. Kreacher looks up at him curiously and Voldemort simply smiles.

KREACHER (V.O.)
There was boat…and it took us to this basin full of potion on the island. The Dark Lord…The Dark Lord made Kreacher drink it…

We see Kreacher taking a drink of the potion and he begins to yell out in pain. He continues to drink as Voldemort’s eyes widen with satisfaction.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher drank, and as he drank, he saw terrible things…Kreacher’s insides burned…Kreacher cried for Master Regulus to save him, but the Dark Lord only laughed. He made Kreacher drink all the potion…He dropped a locket into the empty basin…he filled it with more potion..and then…and then….

HARRY (V.O.)
What Kreacher?

KREACHER (V.O.)
He sailed away, leaving Kreacher on the island…

We see Voldemort sailing away on the boat and Kreacher gasping for air on all fours.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher needed water, he crawled to the island’s edge and he drank from the black lake…and hands…dead hands…came out of the water and dragged Kracher under the surface….

We see Kreacher being pulled under by the INFERI and then we cut back to present day.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS’S ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

We see Kreacher, tears in his eyes and rocking back and forth as he tells the story. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are now sitting in front of him, a look of amazement in their eyes.

HARRY
How did you get away?

Kreacher looks up at Harry.

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
I know, but how did you escape the Inferi?

KREACHER
Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back.

HARRY
But you couldn’t Apparate in and out of that cave otherwise Dumbledore…

RON
Elf magic isn’t like wizard magic Harry.

KREACHER
The house elf’s highest law is his Master’s bidding. Kreacher was told to come home, so Kreacher came home.

HARRY
So what did Regulus say when you told him what happened?

KREACHER
Master was very worried, very worried…Master told Kreacher to stay hidden and not to leave the house. And then…it was a little while later…Master Regulus came to find Kreacher.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS ROOM-PAST

The scene cuts to Regulus standing in his room looking at the fake locket. He puts it in his pocket and looks down at Kreacher.

REGULUS
Kreacher…I need you to take to the cave. Take me to the cave the Dark Lord took you.

KREACHER
Yes Master.

Regulus grabs Kreachers arm and BOOM they disappeared.

INT. CAVE ENTRANCE-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Kreacher putting blood on the wall and it peeling away slowly. Regulus slowly follows Kreacher in and it cuts to them in the boat as it lands in the island in the middle of the lake. Regulus walks up to the basin and looks down into it. He takes the fake locket out of his pocket and stares at it for a moment.

REGULUS
I want you to take this Kreacher and once the basin is empty…I want you to switch lockets.

KREACHER
But Master the potion does terrible…

REGULUS
That’s an order Kreacher!

He hands the locket to Kreacher.

REGULUS
I want you to leave without me. Go home and never tell my mother about this and I want you to destroy the locket Kreacher.

KREACHER
Yes…yes Master….

Regulus begins to drink the potion and yell out in pain.

KREACHER (V.O.)
And master drank it…drank all the potion..and when he was done Kreacher swapped lockets…

We see Kreacher switch out lockets as Regulus lays on the ground in pain. He looks up at Kreacher who bows and walks towards the boat. The boat begins to move once Kreacher is in it and we see Regulus reach down for water. All of a sudden the Inferi begin to pull him under.

KREACHER (V.O.)
Kreacher watched…as Master Regulus…was dragged beneath the water…and….

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-REGULUS’S ROOM-PRESENT DAY

The scene cuts back to Kreacher staring blankly into the distance. Hermione has a hand over her mouth as tears slowly form in her eyes.

KREACHER
Nothing Kreacher did made any mark on the locket. Kreacher tried everything but it would not open. So many powerful spells upon the casing. Kreacher failed to obey orders….

He starts to cry loudly.

HARRY
I will destroy the locket Kreacher…I just need you to find Mundungues Fletcher. It’s really important. We want to ensure that Master Regulus didn’t die in vain.

Kreacher stares up at Harry with a curious look on his face.

KREACHER
Find Mundungus Fletcher?

HARRY
And bring him here.

Kreacher gets up on his feet.

HARRY
Before you go…um….

He hands the fake locket to Kreacher.

HARRY
I’d like you to have this. This belonged to Regulus and I’m sure he’d want you to have it as a token of gratitide for what you…

Tears begin to roll down Kreachers eyes

KREACHER
Th…thank you..Master…

Kreacher looks down at the locket and then POOF he is gone.

HERMIONE
That was nice of you Harry.

HARRY
Yeah…

He walks out of Regulus room and Ron and Hermione follow.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-HALLWAY-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the hallway and looks out of one of the windows.

HARRY
Guys….

They both walk up to the window and look out. Standing outside are two Death Eaters looking around curiously.

RON
Do you think?

HERMIONE
They can’t see this place. You have to know it’s here to see it….we’re safe…

HARRY
But why would they come here?

HERMIONE
Sirius’s will. He left you this home and if the Ministry kept his will like they did Dumbledore’s….

HARRY
They’d know to find me here.

Harry closes the blind and the scene cuts to a shot of Grimmauld Place. Standing in front two Death Eaters still looking right at the house, but they’re not able to see it.

The Bribe:    

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE-KITCHEN-AFTERNOON

We cut to Hermione making lunch in the kitchen. Ron is obviously bored and Harry is pacing.

HARRY
Where is Kreacher? It’s been weeks…

HERMIONE
He’ll find him Harry.

MOODY’S VOICE
Severus Snape?

They all pause in horror. Quickly they pull out their wands. Harry slowly walks into the hallway and see’s a figure standing in the dark.

HARRY
Don’t move!

LUPIN
Hold your fire….

Lupin steps into the light.

LUPIN
It’s me, Rumus.

Harry smiles as Lupin takes off his cloak and walks into the kitchen. Hermione runs up and hugs him.

LUPIN
I’m glad to see you three are alright. No signs of Severus, then?

HARRY
No. What’s been going on? Is everyone okay?

LUPIN
Yes, but we’re all being watched. There are a few Death Eaters outside….

HARRY
We know….

LUPIN
I had to apparate very precisely onto the top step outside the front door to be sure that they would not see me.

HERMIONE
Well have a seat I’m just preparing lunch.

HARRY
So what happened after we left? We haven’t heard a thing….

LUPIN
Death Eaters searched the Burrow up and down looking for Harry. Arthur heard a rumor that they tried to torture your whereabouts out of Scrimgeour before they killed him; if it’s true, he didn’t give you away. Voldemort knows however how much the Burrow means to you Harry and I’m sure he figured you’d be there….

HARRY
For my seventeenth birthday.

LUPIN
The Death Eaters have got the full might of the Ministry on their side now Harry. They’ve got the power to perform brutal spells without fear of identification or arrest. They’ve been torturing numerous people trying to find out where you are.

HERMIONE
And are they bothering to give an excuse for torturing Harry’s whereabouts out of people?

Lupin pulls a Daily Prophet out of his coat and unfolds it. He sits it on the table. On the cover is a picture of Harry and the headline reads ‘WANTED FOR THE QUESTIONING ABOUT THE DEATH OF ALBUS DUMBLDORE’

LUPIN
That’s the pretext for going after you.

RON
That’s rubbish!

HERMIONE
So Death Eaters have taken over the Daily Prophet too?

LUPIN
Yes. They say Scrimgeour resigned and Pius Thicknesse has replaced him, he is under the Imperius Curse of course.

RON
Why didn’t Voldemort declare himself Minister for Magic?

LUPIN
Voldemort is playing a clever game Ron. Declaring himself might have provoked open rebellion: Remaining masked has created confusion, uncertainty, and fear. And by suggesting that Harry had a hand in Dumbledore’s death, Voldemort has not only set a price upon your head, but sown doubt and fear amongst many who would have defended him. The Ministry has also started moving against Muggle borns.

HARRY
What do you mean?

Lupin opens the paper and hands it to Hermione.

HERMIONE
Muggle-born Register. The Ministry of Magic is undertaking a survey of so-called ‘Muggle borns’, the better to understand how they came to posses magical secrets. Every so called Muggle born is to present themselves for interview by the newly appointed Muggle-born Registration Commission.

RON
People won’t let this happen.

LUPIN
It is happening, Ron. Muggle borns are being rounded up as we speak. They’re saying that only magic can be passed on from wizard to wizard and that most muggle borns gained their power by theft or force.

Hermione looks down with shock in her eyes and Ron puts his arm around her.

HARRY
What about Hogwarts?

LUPIN
Students must be given Blood Status…meaning that they have proven to the Ministry that they are of Wizard descent…before they are allowed to attend.

Harry slams his fist on the table in anger and stands up.

HARRY
This can’t happen…this….

LUPIN
I know Harry.
(Pause)
Harry…I have a question and I’ll understand if you can’t confirm this but…the Order is under the impression that Dumbledore left you a mission.

HARRY
He did.

LUPIN
Can you confide in me what the mission is?

HARRY
I can’t Remus, I’m sorry. If Dumbledore didn’t tell you I don’t think I can.

LUPIN
I thought you’d say that but I might still be of some use to you. You know what I am and what I can do. I could come with you to provide protection.

HERMIONE
But what about Tonks?

LUPIN
What about her?

HERMIONE
Well you’re married! How does she feel about you going away with us?

LUPIN
Tonks will be perfectly safe. She’ll be at her parents’ house.

HERMIONE
Is…is everything fine between you and…

LUPIN
Everything is fine, thank you.

They all stare down at Lupin who sighs.

LUPIN
Tonks is going to have a baby.

HERMIONE
Oh, how wonderful!

HARRY
Congrats.

LUPIN
Yeah…so do you accept my offer? Will three become four? I cannot believe Dumbledore would have disapproved….

HARRY
Wait…you want to leave Tonks at her parents house and come away with us?

LUPIN
She’ll be perfectly safe there, they’ll look after her. Harry, I’m sure James would have wanted me to stick with you.

HARRY
Well...I’m not. I’m pretty sure my father would have wanted to know why you aren’t sticking with your own kid.

LUPIN
You don’t understand…

HARRY
Explain then!

LUPIN
I made a grave mistake marrying Tonks. I did it against my better judgment and I have regretted it very much ever since.

HARRY
So you’re just going to dump her and the kid and run off with us?

Lupin jumps up and kicks back his chair in anger, glaring down at Harry.

LUPIN
Don’t you understand what I’ve done to my wife and my unborn child? I’ve made her an outcast! Even her own family is disgusted by our marriage, what parents want their only daughter to marry a werewolf? And the child…my kind don’t usually breed! It will be like me and if by some miracle it is not like me, then it will be better off…a hundred times so, without a father of whom it must always be ashamed!

HERMIONE
Don’t say that…how could any child be ashamed of you?

HARRY
Oh, I don’t know Hermione, I’d be pretty ashamed of him. If the new regime thinks Muggle-borns are bad what will they do to a half werewolf whose fathers’ in the Order? My father died trying to protect my mother and me, and you reckon he’d tell you to abandon your kid to go on an adventure with us?

LUPIN
How dare you! This is not about a desire for danger or personal glory…how dare you suggest such a thing!

HARRY
I think you’re feeling a bit of a daredevil…fancy stepping into Sirius’s shoes…

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
I’d never have believe this. The man who taught me to fight dementors…a coward.

Lupin pulls out his wand and BOOM Harry is thrown across the room. Lupin grabs his cloak and quickly exits.

HERMIONE
Remus come back!

BOOM we hear the front door slam.

HERMIONE
Harry! How could you?

Harry gets up and dusts himself off.

HARRY
Easy….He had it coming to him. Parent’s shouldn’t leave their kids unless…unless they’ve got to.

Harry storms out of the kitchen leaving Ron and Hermione. Hermione sighs and the camera pans back out of the kitchen and down the hall. It passes through the mirror of the front door and outside.

Hogwart's New Headmaster:    

The camera then pans up towards the sky. It pans down and we see the HOGWARTS EXPRESS on the tracks and the camera pans up to to show Hogwarts in the distance. As the camera gets closer to Hogwarts it becomes night and the camera pans down to show students gathering in THE GREAT HALL.

INT. HOGWARTS-THE GREAT HALL-NIGHT

We see Ginny and Luna walking slowly into the Great Hall.

LUNA
It’s very…strange...to be here without Dumbledore.

GINNY
Yeah…any idea who’s taking his place?

LUNA
No idea…well I’ll see you after the feast Ginny!

GINNY
Later Luna.

Ginny takes a seat next to Neville who is scanning the teachers table. Dumbledore’s chair is still empty and McGonagall looks very uncomfortable.

GINNY
Any news on the new headmaster yet Neville?

NEVILLE
None. Have you heard anything about Harry?

GINNY
Nothing.

The door of the Great Hall opens and swiftly Snape walks down the aisle. Ginny and Neville both frown as he passes them and walks behind the teacher’s desk. Instead of sitting in usual spot however he stands in front of the podium. The whole hall becomes silent.

SNAPE
I’d like to introduce you to your new headmaster…..me.

All the Slytherian students begin to cheer. Ginny casts a worried look at Neville who also seems to have tensed up.

SNAPE
Now before we get to business I’d like to introduce a few new additions to the staffing.

He looks up and AMYCUS CARROW and ALECTO CARROW both walk into the Great Hall dressed in black with smiles on their faces. Neville leans in and whispers to Ginny.

NEVILLE
Aren’t those?

GINNY
Death Eaters? Yeah….

They both sit down behind the teachers desk.

SNAPE
I’d like you all to welcome Amycus Carrow who will be the new Dark Arts teacher.

He raises a hand in acknowledgement.

SNAPE
Amycus Carrow will now teach…Muggle Studies….

Everyone in the hall seemed to cast looks at each other when he said this.

SNAPE
Now things are going to be different here. Rule breaking is prohibited and heed my warning, any wrong doers will indeed be punished….severely. I will not tolerate insubordination and any trouble makers will be handled by me personally.

Ginny and Neville both casts looks at each other as the scene cuts to the students leaving the Great Hall and going to their respective houses. Ginny walks away from the crowd out into the Entrance Courtyard. Neville and Luna both follow her as she looks up into the night sky.

EXT. HOGWARTS-ENTRANCE COURTYARD-NIGHT

LUNA
Are you alright Ginny?

GINNY
Yeah…just thinking about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I hope they’re ok.

LUNA
I’m sure they’re fine. If there’s one thing I know about those three…they’re strong.

NEVILLE
So what are we going to do about Snape?

GINNY
What do you mean?

NEVILLE
We can’t just let him take over without a fight.

GINNY
Neville….

NEVILLE
As long as we’re here…Dumbledore’s Army still lives on.

LUNA
What can we do?

NEVILLE
Plenty. Look out for the first years…make sure they come to no harm. Show Snape and those Death Eaters we won’t go down without a fight! Dumbledore wouldn’t want us to give in.

GINNY
Neither would Harry.

NEVILLE
Exactly. So what do you say?

Ginny turns around to face Neville and Luna and nods.

GINNY
For Harry.

LUNA and NEVILLE
For Harry.

SNAPE (O.S.)
What is this?

They turn to see Snape walking up behind them.

SNAPE
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you three supposed to be heading to your houses.

They all quickly walk past Snape into the school. Ginny looks back at him for a second before walking away. Snape stands looking up at the night sky.

INT. HOGWARTS-HEADMASTERS OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the SPINNING GARGOYLE and we see Snape walk into the Headmaster’s Office. The camera pans up to show old Headmasters asleep on the wall. Snape slowly walks towards the desk and glances at the SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR hanging in a glass case. He then walks up to the photo of Phineas Black.

SNAPE
Phineus Black

PHINEUS
Yes headmaster?

SNAPE
I’m going to need you assistance.

Phineas looks down at Snape curiously as the camera slowly fades to a shot of ‘The Daily Prophet’ that reads ‘SEVERUS SNAPE CONFIRMED AS HOGWARTS HEADMASTER’ The camera pans back to show Harry picking it up off the ground and looking at it. He is dressed in dark clothes and has on a hat that is low on his face to hide his identity. He looks at the paper and we see a look of anger develop in his eyes. Harry quickly walks into an allyway. He turns and see’s if anyone is looking and SWOOSH he apparates onto the top step of Grimmauld Place. He stands there for a second looking out at the Death Eaters standing in front of the house. There are about 10 of them standing there now. He sighs and opens the door. The door closes behind him.

HARRY (O.S.)
You guys won’t believe it…

Last edited by Phrozenone; May 16th, 2009 at 7:03 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies