Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

N C I S

Old July 7th, 2013, 6:09 pm
Second Year

Re: N C I S

Sorry to come back to this so late...

Spoiler: show
I'm not as worried about all of the shockers at the end of the episode, because I'm sure there's more to the story. They won't dismantle the whole team, because that would end the show, and I doubt they would send Gibbs to kill Fornell, because the implications of sending one government agency to kill a member of another are too numerous to mention, and if someone really wanted Fornell dead a sniper shot is probably not the best way to do it.

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherfish81 View Post
Sorry to come back to this so late...

I'm not as worried about all of the shockers at the end of the episode, because I'm sure there's more to the story. They won't dismantle the whole team, because that would end the show, and I doubt they would send Gibbs to kill Fornell, because the implications of sending one government agency to kill a member of another are too numerous to mention, and if someone really wanted Fornell dead a sniper shot is probably not the best way to do it.
back featherfish81!

Good point. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to do that. What we saw was probably a red herring and the person in Gibbs sights was just someone that Fornell was guarding. Definitely. Too much red tape and too many lines that would be crossed.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old July 12th, 2013, 4:33 am
Sixth Year

TV Guide announced that Cote de Pablo is not re-signing for next season [as a series regular] but NCIS is hoping to wrap-up her storyline.

Pottermore: MahoganyFrog20318

Pottermore: Ilvermorny: Thunderbird
Old July 12th, 2013, 5:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BublGumPnkHar View Post
TV Guide announced that Cote de Pablo is not re-signing for next season [as a series regular] but NCIS is hoping to wrap-up her storyline.
Damn it . I was hoping she would.

They better not be killing her off. And something better happen between Tony and Ziva...

And not the just let's be friends thing either .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old July 19th, 2013, 2:32 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BublGumPnkHar View Post
That is really disappointing. I like Ziva.

This show has run through too many of its female regulars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Damn it . I was hoping she would.

They better not be killing her off. And something better happen between Tony and Ziva...

And not the just let's be friends thing either .
Not sure why this is in spoiler tags, but okay:
I'll echo the "they better not be killing her off thing". The can't just keep killing off every woman who has ever been on the show, barring Abby. Powers That Be, do something different for a change!

I'm not particularly invested in Tiva, but I can't complain that they haven't broadcast their intent to make them a couple over the years. I don't think they have done it very well, as I would rather have seen some sort of actual relationship between Tony and Ziva rather than hear some guest star-of-the-week assume they are a couple and mention how they are so cute together about twice a year. I do think the actors are up to the task of convincing me that their characters are attracted to one another, if given the chance. I especially like Cote de Pablo's skill when the script calls for there to be sparks between her and a male character. She's done a great job over the years. The only time I think it felt flat was with C.I. Ray, but then I also think it was kinda supposed to feel that way.

"UNTIL THE VERY END"
-- JK Rowling to Harry Potter fans at the beginning of Deathly Hallows, and James Potter to his son at the end of Deathly Hallows.
Old July 19th, 2013, 8:50 pm
Curse Breaker

I'm still hoping they'll dig in that giant vat of money they've been swimming in and throw enough at Cote De Pablo that she doesn't make the mistake that Chris Meloni did leaving SVU and then bounce around from series to series looking for a gig (this latest "angry dad comedy" is his third since leaving that show). Do these people get David Caruso-itis or something?

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old July 20th, 2013, 2:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I'm still hoping they'll dig in that giant vat of money they've been swimming in and throw enough at Cote De Pablo that she doesn't make the mistake that Chris Meloni did leaving SVU and then bounce around from series to series looking for a gig (this latest "angry dad comedy" is his third since leaving that show). Do these people get David Caruso-itis or something?
Me too, jordmundt, me too. Pay cut... Mark Harmon ... Just sayin ...

Dang, an angry dad comedy ? What's the name of it?

Maybe.

Old July 21st, 2013, 2:52 am
Curse Breaker

The Meloni series is called Surviving Jack--he plays Jack (a recently laid off father in the '80s who agrees to mind the kids, a teen son and a preteen daughter, while his wife goes back to...graduate school, I think). Think of it like Vick Mackey does Mr. Mom. Anyway--I don't know what Cote De Pablo is thinking, but I hope she thinks better of it and they let her back in.

Old July 21st, 2013, 3:20 am

Quote:
The Meloni series is called Surviving Jack--he plays Jack (a recently laid off father in the '80s who agrees to mind the kids, a teen son and a preteen daughter, while his wife goes back to...graduate school, I think). Think of it like Vick Mackey does Mr. Mom. Anyway--I don't know what Cote De Pablo is thinking, but I hope she thinks better of it and they let her back in.
Ah. Yea hopefully. But she does have a right to be on the show less if she wants to do other projects. All we can hope for is that they don't mess things up in terms of storyline.

Old August 1st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Second Year

Agree - they had better not kill her off. Frankly, she was part of the reason I came back to this show. I found Kate profoundly annoying, and didn't watch it when it first came on. But then I started again later, and actually enjoyed it. I could take or leave the relationship, but she definitely needs to be around.

Old August 1st, 2013, 5:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherfish81 View Post
Agree - they had better not kill her off. Frankly, she was part of the reason I came back to this show. I found Kate profoundly annoying, and didn't watch it when it first came on. But then I started again later, and actually enjoyed it. I could take or leave the relationship, but she definitely needs to be around.
Even if it's just part time, it's better than nothing at all.

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:53 pm
Curse Breaker

So they had the premiere, and they talked about her, but she wasn't there. Hopefully, they'll leave it that she's still gone to ground in Israel until the threat is totally neutralized. It would be ridiculous if they wrote her a Kate exit after she and Tony hashed things out. I have to say, we're halfway through a two-episode opener that's supposed to explain the cliffhanger, and I still don't get it.

According to TV Guide, Fornell's supposed to be around more, and Boren is supposed to be back. Full disclosure, I really like Boren. She's the most fun and interesting of the Gibbsian redheads and she has a nice flair. I was hoping she'd be back more. That said, she's not a replacement for Ziva.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 4:34 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, it wasn't a Sharona Flemming kiss-off, or a Kate or Jenny bullet-to-the-head, but I...that was excruciating and not credible. Now, because behind-the-scenes contract negotiations broke down, we have this sizzling crater in the middle of our cast and all we got was an undercooked Ari story. YUCK!

Old October 2nd, 2013, 4:58 pm

Quote:
Okay, it wasn't a Sharona Flemming kiss-off, or a Kate or Jenny bullet-to-the-head, but I...that was excruciating and not credible. Now, because behind-the-scenes contract negotiations broke down, we have this sizzling crater in the middle of our cast and all we got was an undercooked Ari story. YUCK!
How did you find it to be not credible?

I wasn't a huge fan either, but I didn't find it on the standard of YUCK! Heck it was handled better than what CSI did with Gil and Sara's relationship . HATED that one with a passion.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:30 pm
Curse Breaker

So, we've felt the lack of Ziva. As much fun as it was to see the polygraph analyst, it seemed like it would have been even cooler to have Ziva humiliate and intimidate him. Also, as Jack Reacheresque as Gibbs standing up to those thugs without a gun was, I could easily imagine Ziva taking them all down before help got there. I think the show will survive, but they are poorer for having lost her...even temporarily.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:50 pm

Quote:
So, we've felt the lack of Ziva. As much fun as it was to see the polygraph analyst, it seemed like it would have been even cooler to have Ziva humiliate and intimidate him. Also, as Jack Reacheresque as Gibbs standing up to those thugs without a gun was, I could easily imagine Ziva taking them all down before help got there. I think the show will survive, but they are poorer for having lost her...even temporarily.
It's ok, but it's just not the same. Heck I didn't even watch this week's episode. Just not really that interested.

Old October 30th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, this last episode gave us their best option as a gapfiller. CGIS got involved which means the return of the excellent "Abbs" Boren. Yay!

They tried to give her a tragic backstory which didn't sit very well, but Diane Neal carried it off okay. When NBC pulls the plug on SVU this year, I think Boren will jump over here and she'd be an excellent fit. However, I can't imagine a single person calling her a probationary agent.

It was also nice to see the marvelous Leslie Hope back as the businesswoman SecNav.

Old November 7th, 2013, 1:43 am

Just caught up...

So sad about Gibbs dad possibly having Alzheimer's . As for Tony, I wanted to slap him for his behavior towards McGee. Don't care if it's over Ziva, but frankly it's getting OLD fast. .

What did you guys think of it?

Old November 8th, 2013, 11:00 pm
Curse Breaker

Jack Gibbs doesn't have Alzheimer's. That was a red herring. It was an interesting aside of an episode.

Apparently, they have a blonde coming in soon for a mini-arc. She'll have to prove herself more interesting than Boren.

By the by, I'm not sold on turning Boren into Gibbs' complete female mirror. They wanted to give her backstory some bite, but I can't see her casually dating, if the wounds from her fiancee's death are that fresh..or see her having a snarky attitude about another Marine she found attractive biting it right in front of her. I'd still like to see more of the character, though.

Old November 9th, 2013, 1:29 am

Quote:
Jack Gibbs doesn't have Alzheimer's. That was a red herring. It was an interesting aside of an episode.

Apparently, they have a blonde coming in soon for a mini-arc. She'll have to prove herself more interesting than Boren.

By the by, I'm not sold on turning Boren into Gibbs' complete female mirror. They wanted to give her backstory some bite, but I can't see her casually dating, if the wounds from her fiancee's death are that fresh..or see her having a snarky attitude about another Marine she found attractive biting it right in front of her. I'd still like to see more of the character, though.
Glad it's a red herring. Was on pins and needles due to it for a bit there.

Ah another one?

Me too, she seems to be an interesting enough character. Not sure about the new character that'll be coming in yet though.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television