Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Person of Interest

Old October 1st, 2011, 3:40 am
Second Year

Person of Interest

Anybody else watch this show? It just premiered a week ago. Plot can be a bit weak at times, but Micheal Emerson is a genius. Also Jim Cavaziel, (Did I spell that right?) who is the shady fighting figure of the show. Also in the true spirit of Lost there is also "Flashbacks", but this could get old when you only have 2 main characters.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon

Last edited by eddie330; October 23rd, 2011 at 1:39 am.
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2011, 1:39 am
Second Year

Re: Person of Interest

C'mon, someone has to watch this show!

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old October 23rd, 2011, 2:54 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
C'mon, someone has to watch this show!
I meant to watch it, but lost track of when it's scheduled. When's it on?
It seems like an interesting premise.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old October 23rd, 2011, 3:11 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I recorded the first episode, but I didn't have time to watch it until today. I liked it. I want to continue watching it, but CBS does not post full episodes online! I guess I will have to reconcile myself with missing four episodes.

I love Michael Emerson, but find myself missing the creepy factor he brought to his role on Lost. I know he helps people on this show, but he's just so good at being creepy! In the pilot when Caveziel put on that ski mask, dropped his bag of guns in the middle of the street, and faced down that SUV, it totally made me think Dark Knight. The music was even reminiscent of the movie score. Guess that's not surprising since Jonathan Nolan is involved.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 3:22 am
Seventh Year

I've been watching each week, and I think it's fine. And that's where I'm disappointed; it's fine, it's watchable, but it's not that noteworthy yet. It's a decent procedural, but I wouldn't think that Jonathan Nolan or J.J. Abrams, much less both, were involved if I didn't know they were. I'll stick with it, in the hopes that it pulls a Fringe and grows from decent/pretty good to great, because it has that potential.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 4:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I've been watching each week, and I think it's fine. And that's where I'm disappointed; it's fine, it's watchable, but it's not that noteworthy yet. It's a decent procedural, but I wouldn't think that Jonathan Nolan or J.J. Abrams, much less both, were involved if I didn't know they were. I'll stick with it, in the hopes that it pulls a Fringe and grows from decent/pretty good to great, because it has that potential.
Thats what I thought of the pilot, too. I liked it. It was fine. I was hoping it was just the pilot and that the others episodes would pick up. Maybe it still will. So has the female detective found out anything more about Reese? Is she incorporated into each episode?

Old October 23rd, 2011, 4:47 am
Registered Animagus

I agree. It is just fine. I don't really like the main character all that much. I find him boring. I think the guy that was on Lost is the more interesting of the two characters. It needs to be a little bit more then what it is, but the premise is interesting. And there is usually an interest twist with the case. Like the girl is the stalker instead of the guy and such.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Second Year

This week's episode was pretty good. I also agree that Micheal Emerson was better in Lost, but I think that once he starts losing control, he'll veer into Benville. There wasn't a real twist in this one, execept for the beginning with the kidnapping of the son. I remember that Terry O' Quinn (Locke) and Emerson tried to make a cop drama, but it was rejected. Is that why Emerson joined this and Quinn joined Hawaii 5-0? *strokes chin*

Old October 23rd, 2011, 3:58 pm
First Year

Tried to get into the pilot but the acting threw me off majorly. Bad acting from the lead character

http://www.enterthefayz.com
Old October 23rd, 2011, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
I remember that Terry O' Quinn (Locke) and Emerson tried to make a cop drama, but it was rejected. Is that why Emerson joined this and Quinn joined Hawaii 5-0? *strokes chin*
I had heard they were going to have a show together. Is that what happened? It didn't get picked up? I think Terry O'Quinn could actually play Reese. I love those two together.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

I agree with a lot of what's been said, Im not overwhelmed by this show, I wanted it to be good but its just kind of average.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:37 pm
Curse Breaker

It's not spectacular, but the action is good, and the actors have talent. It's not a MUST WATCH, but it's entertaining enough to keep up with.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old October 25th, 2011, 2:40 pm
Rocket Scientist

I watched the episode last night with the doctor tracking that guy. I actually really liked this episode. It was far better than the previous ones Id seen.

Old October 26th, 2011, 2:32 am

^How did you watch an episode last night? Did you have it recorded or did I miss another episode?

Old October 26th, 2011, 3:00 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
^How did you watch an episode last night? Did you have it recorded or did I miss another episode?
I'd guess the former, 'cause it's only on Thursdays as far as I know.

Old October 26th, 2011, 3:18 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I watched the episode last night with the doctor tracking that guy. I actually really liked this episode. It was far better than the previous ones Id seen.
I thought that was one of their better twists. Threw me off, for sure.

Old October 26th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
let me rephrase, I dvr'd a few episodes and watched one of them last night (well two nights ago now)

And then last night i watched the episode where the kid was kidnapped. That was also a good episode. Although I wonder about what the judge said and what kind of ramifications this will have for him in the future if he gets caught....

Now i think im all caught up!

Old December 21st, 2011, 11:17 pm
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

I just watched the Pilot on CBS.com. I enjoyed it. I'll probably watch it, just because I love Michael Emerson so much. And hey, his character helping people isn't that far off from what Ben so often deluded himself into thinking he was doing...

I hear they also got the Widmore actor in this. I'm definitely looking forward to that. I know Emerson loved working with him. But yeah, too bad no O'Quinn. He and Emerson just totally rocked together.

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:25 pm
Curse Breaker

Did they think they weren't getting picked up? That last ep played like a "things fall apart" finale. As far as I know, it's doing okay in the ratings and has been picked up for a full season order.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 2:09 am
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Does anyone know where I can watch intervening episodes between the Pilot and the more recent ones that CBS.com has on its website. It doesn't appear that CBS is putting this show up on iTunes or anything.

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television