Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

Speculation: The Weasley Family Tree

Old July 27th, 2007, 6:20 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Speculation: The Weasley Family Tree

Rowling said her original epilogue was “a lot more detailed,” including the name of every child born to the Weasley clan in the past 19 years. (Victoire, who was snogging Teddy — Lupin and Tonks’ son — is Bill and Fleur’s eldest.) - From MSNBC

I thought this could be fun. Trying to guess who (or if) each Weasley married (Charlie, George, Percy), how many children each of the Weasley's had, and what their children's names would be.

Moderators, if this should just be part of the Epilogue discussion, please move the thread. Thanks!

Old July 28th, 2007, 5:53 pm
First Year

Re: Speculation: The Weasley Family Tree

Precy- Something respectable. The Order will be forgiving; he's probably still high up in the Ministry. So another Ministry person is alright for him. He still is a bit a prat/suck up/goody-good, no matter how much he made up. So maybe just normal names, although he might just be the first to name a Fred since he was there when it happened.

Charlie- Like Bill, I think he'd want some adventure in his life. Unfortunately, there aren't many more Fleurs running around the world. Maybe a fellow dragon lover/adventurer would suit him. For kids, I don't know. If he's really proud of his Weasley heritage, why not a Ron or something? Or a Fred, of course.

George- I just can't see him marrying. Presumably running a joke shop, I don't see anyone compatible for that kind of life.

Ginny and Ron seem to be set with the amount of kids they have.

Old July 28th, 2007, 6:33 pm
First Year

Percy did have a girlfriend..penelope clearwater..wonder what happened to her??
They probably married...

And Charlie I think would have married....im drawn at a blnk here..
I dont know any girl from te stories who likes wild and dangerous creatures....

Old July 28th, 2007, 7:11 pm
First Year

I doubt George would have married, I see him having romantic interests, but not that sort of commitment, he seems to be more of the bachelor type.

Percy probably did marry Penelope Clearwater, it just seems natural considering she was the only one ever mentioned in that sense.

I always imagined Charlie with Tonks for some reason...but obviously that didn't happen. I can't think of anyone he would have married, so maybe its someone we haven't met. Or maybe he didn't marry at all.

Old July 28th, 2007, 9:14 pm
First Year

Just making stuff up to predict based on what I've gotten from their characters:
Bill and Fleur probably had the most out of any of the Weasley children because somebody needs to carry on and have tons of kids. All with French names, of course. So they will have Victoire, Michel, Muriel, Elodie and Fabienne. A big happy home for them.
Charlie will marry later in life after he's had plenty of adventures and he would probably only have a child. That child will probably have a name like Belinda, which could mean "beautiful dragon". His wife will be as much into dragons and all as himself.
I think Percy definately married. He was there at the station watching the Hogwarts train depart probably with his two children who are named after major historical figures in such as Maeve and Godric.
I think George will keep running the joke shop, because Fred would have wanted him to do that. I think George will marry somebody with a good sense of humor. Possibly somebody he knew at school such as Katie Bell. They'll have three children Fred, Greta and Uric.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:19 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowreader View Post

And Charlie I think would have married....im drawn at a blnk here..
I dont know any girl from te stories who likes wild and dangerous creatures....
Helloo!!!
LUNA LOVEGOOD!

Old July 29th, 2007, 1:43 am
First Year

Percy kids will be Barto and Cornelius
George....i agree with you, he dont will have kids, but he will teach his nephews broken rules in hogwarts
Charlie maybe has someone in romenia muggle one... and married with her and have kids with romenia's names
i just like to see a dinner with all weasley family...that's will be 20 or 25 people. fun

Old July 29th, 2007, 1:59 am
First Year

Well i think that George will get over Fred's death sooner or later because after the initial shock he will realize that if Fred had a way of dying thats probably would have been high on the list dying to protect the world from evil. So after that initial shock he would probably settle down with a nice girl and have a few kids probably naming one after Fred. Percy would probably have a few kids im thinking 3 with real proper names. Bill and Fluer weve seen have at least 1 kid. Ron and Hermione had 2(i think) and of course Harry and Ginny have had 3. Also we cant forget about charlie who would probably have 2 kids over in Romania with some other dragon or creature working witch. So that would make at least 28 people at the christmas table(looks like they are going to have to break out the tents again.

Old July 29th, 2007, 6:03 am
First Year

Percy will have a ministry job, but not nearly as tight arsed a one as he was initially looking to get. I see him heading up the department his father worked in... the one where they've got to get the magical things away from muggles. It's not a very important department... but he'll be the head of it and have gotten further in the ministry than his father did.. and therefore will consider himself a success. (I don't think he'll be made head of the department until after his father retires though... I'd HATE for Mr. Weasley to have to call Percy "boss").

Percy will probably marry Penelope Clearwater (or somebody like her) and they'll have two kids two years apart. He'll be the one to name his eldest Fred, and the other (hopefully a girl, because anal rentive Percy would love to have a matched set) will have a rather eccentric sounding name like Elipsa or something like that. They''ll both be smart and probably have just enough of their parents in them to make them mildly annoying... .although still ultimately likable. Oh... and Percy will become a silent partner in the joke shop... after all, somebody's got to do the books.

Bill and Fleur will have about 6 kids.... I just see those two propagating like rabbits. Bill will become a really great Auror (picture him as the new "Mad eye Moody") and will also head up the Warewolf/Wizard aliance for the better understanding of magical creatures. So he'll be the one working on making peace with the Cenetaurs and the Giants and of course... Warewolves.

Charlie will marry later in life, and he'll be the one to marry a muggle. I just sort of see him falling for the widow that runs the local pub in the remote town in Romania where he lives. She'll have kids already, probably all grown up and he'll be the Weasley who doesn't add to the Weasley tree although he'll be close to both his wife's kids and his numerous nieces and nephews.

George will continue to run the joke shop.... (Fred would KILL him if he gave it up and he knows it). He'll think he'll never marry.... and will be very surprised when he falls in love with the girl he hired to manage the shop staff. She'll be smart, funny and most important of all she won't take any **** off of him. She'll frustrate the heck out of him because he'll keep trying to pull practical jokes on her and she'll always figure them out before they get her... and all the practical jokes she pulls on him in revenge work wonderfully.

He'll deny he has feelings for her claiming they're just friends until someone else starts trying to pay court to her and then he'll be a bit of a jerk about it... until RON reminds him that he is now acting like he did about Hermione and does George REALLY want to waste as much time as he did getting it right.

George, feeling it the height of insult be be compared to Ron in ANYTHING, let alone the romace department will come to his senses and ask the young lady out. And find out to his surprise that she was wondering what took him so long, she'd been hoping he'd make a move for ... well years. They'll marry and have quintuplets.... all girls who he'll name after himself and his brothers anyway (Ronelda[Roni], Fredricka[Freddie], Charlotta[Charlie], Persimion[Percy], and... Georgiana [Georgie].)

Old July 29th, 2007, 6:11 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidditchmom View Post
Helloo!!!
LUNA LOVEGOOD!

I dont think Luna is Charlie's age....-_-

Old July 29th, 2007, 2:58 pm
Seventh Year

Bill and Fleur - 4 to 7
Percy - 2 or 3
Charlie - 2 or 3
George – 3 or 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowreader View Post
I dont think Luna is Charlie's age....-_-
Too true but Tonks and Lupin werent that close in age least 10+ years between them. So Luna and Charlie possible but i doubt it.

Old July 29th, 2007, 3:30 pm
First Year

Yes but you have to think of what ages Tonks and Lupin were. Lupin was probably round 50 and Tonks was probably 30 or so. So yes they have quite an age difference but they have both been adults for quite a bit already so they would be able to see each other as adults rather than Charlie and Luna(Luna is still a minor for one thing and 2 she is not a fully matured human being being that she is not even in her twenties biology wise).

Old July 29th, 2007, 3:34 pm
First Year

I was a bit disappointed over the epilouge, or rather over how short it was. No mention of jobs, what happened after the last battle, everybody's spouses/children, etc. Maybe it would have been too much of a listing, but still... people are curious.

George, still a success in the joke business of course. Fred would have haunted him down if he quit. He might be a career guy without a spouse, but he might also have found one- not neccessarily somebody from the books.

Percy, probably working closely with Kingsley and making sure the corruption of the ministry doesn't happen again.

Harry, possibly an auror, but then again, he said "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime" in the end of "The flaw in the plan". Maybe he settled with a calmer job, or maybe he still finds it important to fight the good fight. I personally think he should be Defence against the dark arts teacher, but since teachers live at the school and he's got a family... maybe it's not so convinient.

Hermione, possibly working at St Mungo's as a healer, or an auror, or a teacher at Hogwart's. I'm sure she's written a book that they use at Hogwart's.

Ron, didn't have enough grades to become an auror, but had experience enough. I still think he ended up doing something else. Maybe he too got a job at the ministry, all though I doubt it.

Charlie, probably married somebody outside the books. Still working with dragons, but has attained higher position.

Fleur, possibly a housewife.

Bill, unsure.

Luna, ends up marrying Neville and takes over The Quibbler. They might have one child who is still too young to go off to Hogwart's. Luna Longbottom.

I think it's odd that the only occupation that was mentioned was Neville's.

Old July 29th, 2007, 3:46 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilactress View Post
I was a bit disappointed over the epilouge, or rather over how short it was. No mention of jobs, what happened after the last battle, everybody's spouses/children, etc. Maybe it would have been too much of a listing, but still... people are curious.

George, still a success in the joke business of course. Fred would have haunted him down if he quit. He might be a career guy without a spouse, but he might also have found one- not neccessarily somebody from the books.

Percy, probably working closely with Kingsley and making sure the corruption of the ministry doesn't happen again.

Harry, possibly an auror, but then again, he said "I've had enough trouble for a lifetime" in the end of "The flaw in the plan". Maybe he settled with a calmer job, or maybe he still finds it important to fight the good fight. I personally think he should be Defence against the dark arts teacher, but since teachers live at the school and he's got a family... maybe it's not so convinient.

Hermione, possibly working at St Mungo's as a healer, or an auror, or a teacher at Hogwart's. I'm sure she's written a book that they use at Hogwart's.

Ron, didn't have enough grades to become an auror, but had experience enough. I still think he ended up doing something else. Maybe he too got a job at the ministry, all though I doubt it.

Charlie, probably married somebody outside the books. Still working with dragons, but has attained higher position.

Fleur, possibly a housewife.

Bill, unsure.

Luna, ends up marrying Neville and takes over The Quibbler. They might have one child who is still too young to go off to Hogwart's. Luna Longbottom.

I think it's odd that the only occupation that was mentioned was Neville's.
holy **** how wrong u are on everything. have u not read anybody elses posts jk explains most of this in her interviews. harry and ron are aurors that revolutionize the dept. herm is high in the law enforcment buisness luna is like darwin a magical zoologist. nevelle teaches herbology at hogwarts. as for the others well find out when the encyclopedia comes out.

Old July 29th, 2007, 4:16 pm
First Year

No, I haven't. I thought we were just speculating. I didn't know JK had mentioned it anywhere. No need to give me an attitude.

Old July 29th, 2007, 5:17 pm
Third Year

Well, I see Bill and Fleur having a bunch of kids, only this time they'll all be girls except for the youngest one (poor thing! :0)). They'll all have Veela charm, of course, only they will all sport very Weasley-colored hair.
Charlie always struck me as someone who would be good as a father of a happy family, with a wife who will somewhat resemble Molly and two kids.
Percy - well, Penelope is the only person we ever of who can stand Percy aside from hi family, so I suppose he won't have much choice :0) I think they will have one child, whom George will desperately try to raise his own way but who will still end up being prefect and Head Boy/Girl. I can see Percy getting a good position in Shacklebolt's Ministry, ruling over cauldron bottoms and such...
George will continue the joke-shop, and that will be the only thing that will stop him from becoming completely depressed. Business will bloom, he'll open shops all over the world, travel around and bathe in Galleons. He'll convince everyone including himself he's a life-long bachelor, and girls will come and go without leaving any trace in his life for quite a while. It will be a major surprise for him, then, when he will return home only to fall in love. She will have a great sense of humor and they will start off by conversing in nothing but sarcastic remarks, but then George will finally come to senses and they will live happily ever after. Their eldest will be named Fred, of course, and he will be a few years younger than his cousin Lily.

Old July 29th, 2007, 6:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atana View Post

George will continue to run the joke shop.... (Fred would KILL him if he gave it up and he knows it). He'll think he'll never marry.... and will be very surprised when he falls in love with the girl he hired to manage the shop staff. She'll be smart, funny and most important of all she won't take any **** off of him. She'll frustrate the heck out of him because he'll keep trying to pull practical jokes on her and she'll always figure them out before they get her... and all the practical jokes she pulls on him in revenge work wonderfully.

He'll deny he has feelings for her claiming they're just friends until someone else starts trying to pay court to her and then he'll be a bit of a jerk about it... until RON reminds him that he is now acting like he did about Hermione and does George REALLY want to waste as much time as he did getting it right.

George, feeling it the height of insult be be compared to Ron in ANYTHING, let alone the romace department will come to his senses and ask the young lady out. And find out to his surprise that she was wondering what took him so long, she'd been hoping he'd make a move for ... well years. They'll marry and have quintuplets.... all girls who he'll name after himself and his brothers anyway (Ronelda[Roni], Fredricka[Freddie], Charlotta[Charlie], Persimion[Percy], and... Georgiana [Georgie].)

That is brilliant!!!! And sooooo romantic too! I can totally see that happening!! I really hope that's what happens.. It'll be too sad if George never finds someone he's lost so much already...

Last edited by lana; July 30th, 2007 at 4:56 am.
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:13 pm
Third Year

Could you imagine Weasley christmases with all these little weasleys/potters running around? I don't think Molly would want anyone to miss out, so could imagine them all crowded in the kitchen. I could see Arthur sitting in a rocking chair telling his grandchildren the story of the battle of hogwarts and stories about how lightbulbs work. Molly would be bustling about cooking, with her daughters in law helping out and getting under her feet. I could see Ron and Harry the dutiful dads playing with their kids toys, while Percy tells everyone about some new wizzarding law, which everyone else ignores. Shame the epilogue didn't end with this.

Old July 29th, 2007, 10:30 pm
Second Year

Wow, Christmas would be complete chaos. It was already packed in the books, but when you add in the new kids, it'd be cramped. Hopefully either Ron/Hermione or Ginny/Harry got a big house.

Old July 29th, 2007, 11:09 pm
Fifth Year

At the joke shop Fred and George had an assistant named Verity. Can anyone see George marrying her?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand