Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Old August 7th, 2009, 9:11 pm
First Year

Re: Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

I think the best scenes would be The Prince's Tale and Battle at Hogwarts. That's if they can be completely loyal But regardless, I think they'll be great scenes

Come pain
come hurt
See the halo
ha-ha-halo
"Hurricanes & Suns"

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2009, 7:42 am
Second Year

Battle at Hogwarts and The fiend fire scene in DH 2
MOM scenes in DH 1 .It will be so good if they visualise Kreacher's tale and rather let him talk about Regulus

"I like a quiet life, you know me."
Old August 8th, 2009, 8:09 am
Third Year

The Prince's Tale. When Snape's side is finally revealed to Harry, when Harry gets a glimpse of his dead parents' lives (mostly Lily's), and when Harry gets to see how and why the events of his life unfolded the way they did. Of course this will be the best movie scene, if they don't mess it up! They better not!

"The eyes are the window to the soul."

James was happier than he had been in a while. He laughed constantly when he was talking to her and he was always drawn into the conversation by her charming smile and her eyes glittering gold, they were unlike anything James had ever seen. ~STOP AND STARE

Stop and Stare by me & MissProngs & Feedback ~ * ~ The Last Horcrux (Completed!) & feedback ~ * ~ Lovestruck & feedback

'Sirius Black is sexy, right?' Of course she was right. The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders.

I love Harry Potter and Twilight. It can happen without a war.
Old August 11th, 2009, 3:57 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

There are so many that could potentially be good:

the scene where Harry is approaching the clearing and resigning himself to dying

the final battle for Hogwarts

the scene where Draco's mother realizes Harry isn't dead

the silver doe in the forest

Dobby's death and burial

entering and escaping from Gringot's

Molly Weasley's Revenge!!!

Ohhhhhh, tooo many scenes to look forward to and fearing they will be either changed beyond recognition or deleted entirely.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old August 11th, 2009, 4:35 am
The Forums Red Hypergiant Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervasCat View Post
Ohhhhhh, tooo many scenes to look forward to and fearing they will be either changed beyond recognition or deleted entirely.
My recommendation is to stop looking forward to specific things you want to see and instead look forward to a good movie. All of our expectations couldn't possibly be met, or they'd need to film dozens if not thousands of different versions of the movies. If they provide me with a cohesive, entertaining, and conceptually faithful adaptation then I will be more than pleased.

Surely, there are things I'd be quite glad to see realized on screen, but a particular scene I like may not fit into the screenplay at all, and therefore I have to compromise my own expectations in favor of a story that works for cinema. Think not of it as deleting random scenes, but of crafting a simpler, more directed, and emphatically visual narrative. Not all of the best pieces of writing in any book can really be incorporated meaningfully, so I think it behooves us book fans to quit watching these films with one eye on the novel and really take in what the talented (and well funded) filmmakers have to offer us.

My point being: I agree that there's no way to know which scenes will even be included, but I do not accept the implication that any particular ones should be on the basis of individual preferences.

Last edited by canismajoris; August 11th, 2009 at 4:37 am.
Old August 11th, 2009, 7:28 am
Third Year

The Battle of Hogwarts will be an amazing scene at least I hope it will be. Also 7 Potters will be epic if done right. The scene where Harry is talking to his parents and Sirius will be really emotional which will definitely make that a powerful scene

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old August 11th, 2009, 7:39 am
Third Year

ah, posted here already, however, I changed my mind on what scenes I think will be the best.

Emotionally, I'm really looking forward to the Forest Again, mainly because I couldn't contain my tears and had to stop reading to take a break. It was just so touching and I think watching that on the big screen will really do something to me, if that makes sense. I think I would just break down.
Also, the Prince's Tale will be a tearjerker. And mostly every beloved character's death will be a tearjerker. I'll be sure to bring a box of tissues with me when I see it, especially for Part 2.
Action-wise, I'm really looking forward to the Battle of Hogwarts, which is an obvious choice if looking for the most action in the movie. But, I'm also looking forward to the snake coming out of Bathilda Bagshot's neck. It just sounds wickedly frightening, and I'm in for a good scare.

Old August 11th, 2009, 7:44 am
First Year

There are a few scenes I'm really looking forward to:

The Dursleys' and Harry's departure should be great. I'd love to see Vernon become agitated when Diggle calls him the relative of Harry Potter, accuse Harry of creating a plan to get his house () and, one of my personal favorite little scenes in the entire series, when he goes to shake Harry's hand, but can't make himself do it, so he makes a fist and waves it around.

Kreacher smashing Mundungus Fletcher with a frying pan, as well as him calling the house elves to fight for his master, Regulus.

The scene when Harry and Hermione are leaving Bathilda Bagshot's house, and Voldemort re-lives the night of his first downfall. I love how the little boy tells him "Neat costume, Mister," and he thinks that with a mere flick of his wand, he could prevent him from seeing his mommy ever again. Pure evil.

Dobby's death, burial, and funeral.

Molly Weasley and Bellatrix's duel. Specifically, I want to see the look on Bellatrix's face when she dies, much to her complete surprise. I know Helena Bonham Carter will not disappoint.

Harry hugging Mrs. Weasley, cutting her off in the process, on his 17th birthday, to show thanks.

And of course, Snape's death. Probably the most powerful scene in the whole book, IMO, is Snape ordering Harry to look him in the eye so that he can die in relative peace. I swear that if this scene is altered in any way, I will personally hunt down Steve Kloves and Dave Yates.

Now, I don't know if these scenes will be the best in the movies, but I'm really looking forward to them.

Old August 11th, 2009, 7:52 am
First Year

I can't wait to see The Prince's Tale. How the scene will continually change with Harry viewing from the sidelines what Snape really endured in his lifetime, just so heart-breaking. I'm damn near ******* myself from this excitement!

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
- Albus Dumbledore

Old August 12th, 2009, 4:42 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

I guess I got spoiled by the first two movies. The characters were almost all what I expected (Hermoine was more attractive than she is in the book, but, it didn't detract from the movie). The Hogwarts Express. All of Diagon Alley, especially Olivander and his wand shop and Gringot's. Then, crossing the lake to Hogwarts. That is still one of the best scenes in all of the movies. In CoS, the first sight of the Burrow. Even though Lockhart wasn't exactly as I pictured him, he was good in the part and played the character as the egotistical, irrititating, cowardly person he turned out to be. It was like the movies were made with the fans in mind and an attempt was made to stay as true to the books as possible. I just feel that if I were making a movie of such a well written, popular series, I would try to stay as close to the books as possible. But, that's just me.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.

Last edited by MinervasCat; August 12th, 2009 at 4:46 am.
Old August 12th, 2009, 4:48 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

If HBC and Tom Felton were half as good as they were in HBP, "Malfoy Manor" will be fantastic. And "The Battle of Hogwarts" will definitely be played up. Action = $$$.

I have to say, I'm a bit afraid for the really emotional and/or explanatory scenes like "Godric's Hollow", "The Prince's Tale", and "The Forest Again". The backstory's been badly cut by the previous films (not mentioning who are MWPP in PoA, cutting Lily from SWM...) and they might want to scrap a lot of it altogether or condense it.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old August 12th, 2009, 4:54 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Best scene for DH: Dursleys' departing. Especially after the Dursleys' leave, and harry looks around the place for one last time. I also want to see Dobby rescuing everyone from Malfoy Manor, then dying in the end. I was so surprised. Harry digging his grave; and spending time thinking about the Hallows and the Horcruxes. Actually, just about everything in the book would make a great movie.

Old August 12th, 2009, 5:13 am
Fourth Year

I really, really want to see The Princes' Tale, but I'm not getting my hopes up, considering how much of the memory sequences have been cut from previous films (Snape's Worst Memory went from five or six pages in the book to a fifteen-second montage in the movie). But, seeing as how that chapter is so crucial, I hope they translate it faithfully! Please?

I also can't wait for the Seven Potters (part of me can't stop wondering whether they'll have Daniel Radcliffe in girls' clothes for when Hermione and Fleur transform, or have them change first. ) Since Mundungus has been cut from the other films, who do you think will be the seventh Potter? Will they bring him in all of a sudden, or have someone else do it? I think that this is the most likely; it will probably be Ginny or Tonks.

Hmm.....I'm really looking forward to the part where the Room of Requirement burns, but they'll have to do some serious changes to the room from what it was in HBP. In the book it's described as almost an indoor city filled with mountains and walls of junk, whereas in the movie it looked more like the sort of tiny, quaint antique shop where you're afraid to move lest you bump into something. Harry had to do quite a bit of flying around (you probably couldn't even fit two broomsticks and six people into the movie version of the room) until he found Goyle and Malfoy; I was picturing a room as big as a football stadium. Definitely not possible in the movie Room of Hidden Things.

I cordially dislike Severus Snape.

Last edited by LoonyForMoony; January 29th, 2010 at 5:24 am.
Old August 12th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Registered Animagus

I don't understand how the prince's tale is crucial to the plot. I mean it was interesting to read about young Snape and Lilly, but if there is any part that could be cut from the film, i think this is it. I do think that it will be in there in some small part, but we may not get many memories. I don't really like how Snape's plot ended, so i am fine if this is trimmed back. I just don't see how it is crucial.

PS. I think Mundungus has been cast?

Old August 12th, 2009, 2:31 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I don't understand how the prince's tale is crucial to the plot. I mean it was interesting to read about young Snape and Lilly, but if there is any part that could be cut from the film, i think this is it. I do think that it will be in there in some small part, but we may not get many memories. I don't really like how Snape's plot ended, so i am fine if this is trimmed back. I just don't see how it is crucial.

The Prince's Tale scene reveals Harry to be the final Horcrux. Even if most of the memories are cut (which I severely hope they're not) we need to at least see Dumbledore telling Snape that Harry has to be killed by Voldemort. And it also explains quite a bit of, as of that point in the story, unanswered questions. There would be loose ends to tie up without, at least, the memories of Snape as an adult.

Old August 13th, 2009, 7:18 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post

Yes Mundungus has been cast. A man named Andy Linden will play the part, here is his IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0511580/

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old August 13th, 2009, 7:27 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevrusSnape View Post
Yes Mundungus has been cast. A man named Andy Linden will play the part, here is his IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0511580/
Hmm...I imagined him hairier, but I'm sure with the right make-up and costume, he'd look like him. And he's not that tall, which is how I imagined Mundungus. Short and hidden by lots of wild hair with a dirty coat he always buries his nose in.
Will they be keeping the scene with Harry sending Kreacher to bring him to Grimmauld to get the locket back? I don't know how that will work, since they never had the part in the book where they find the locket in OotP while cleaning out and throwing in the rubbish pile in the movie. Will that just be assumed or explained to Harry? And they didn't even include the scene with Harry finding Mundungus with Sirius's stuff and attacking him for it. Gosh...so many things to consider. How will they possible tie it all together?

Old August 13th, 2009, 8:13 am
First Year

The Prince's Tale, The Forest Again, The Battle of Hogwarts & MOM scenes. And the Dobby scene too. I think I'd practically be bringing tissues if they kept to the book. XD

AND PLEASE DEAR GOD DO NOT HAVE THEM TAKE OFF NEVILLE KILLING NAGINI OR I WILL CRY SO HARD. D8

That's why I'm talking to you.
You are one of the rare people who can
separate your observation from your preconception.
You see what is, where most people see what they expect.

Harry Potter Fanart
Old August 13th, 2009, 9:44 am
Third Year

My favorite chapter in the whole series is Godric's Hollow. I'm most excited for that and i hope it will be the best. I'm also excited to see the McGonnagle/Snape duel and to see all the other heads of houses preparing for battle.

Snape's Worst Memory will be interesting too.

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:11 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThingy View Post
My favorite chapter in the whole series is Godric's Hollow. I'm most excited for that and i hope it will be the best. I'm also excited to see the McGonnagle/Snape duel and to see all the other heads of houses preparing for battle.

Snape's Worst Memory will be interesting too.
Oh yeah! I forgot about Godric's Hollow. I think it would be emotional when Harry finally comes to see where his parents were buried. The Bathilda being possessed by Nagini would be insane though.

Oh, and uhmm, I think you mean 'The Prince's Tale'? I'm pretty certain that 'Snape's Worst Memory' is an OotP chapter.

That's why I'm talking to you.
You are one of the rare people who can
separate your observation from your preconception.
You see what is, where most people see what they expect.

Harry Potter Fanart

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References