Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

HBP: Hardest scene to watch

Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:04 pm
Animaga terpsichore

HBP: Hardest scene to watch

So out of all of the scenes in the film, what was the hardest one for you to watch? And why?

I would have to say the hardest one for me to watch was when Dumbldore was drinking the potion in the cave to get the Horcrux. He was in so much pain, and seeing Dumbledore so vulnerable was just really hard to watch.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2009, 1:48 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Hardest scene to watch

Hmm interesting question...

I'm not sure on that one... the aforementioned one is a rather hard one to watch...

But in terms of overall... the whole first scene -- as funny as it was -- was rather hard to watch -- since I was hoping for Dumbledore to pick up Harry at the Dursley's -- but that's for another thread . As much as I didn't mind it -- I just thought it was rather out of canon... so in a way, it was hard to watch.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 2:09 am
First Year

I really found the scene when Harry talks about his Mother with Slughorn really toching and hard to watch for that reason it really came close to me, especially that Kloves kept the lines " Be brave like my Mother" ,"otherwise you disgrace her, otherwise she died for nothing". Those lines was so sad, it was one of those moment that i wished to cry so much, but were unable to. oh also the pithure of Lily, she looked to happy, so warm and beautiful in in her face.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 3:38 am
Banned

Michelen Man.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 3:49 am
Third Year

The hardest scenes for me to watch were all the scenes involving Harry and Ginny. I didn't really feel that they did a good job on those. I thought the time they were in the ROR was the worst of the bunch and the worst line was when she brings up his shoelace

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old July 23rd, 2009, 3:54 am
Second Year

Dumbledore's death. Not really because it was emotional for me, but I was devasted in the books when he died, so to see it with my eyes, it was one of those moments that I was wishing that in the movie, they decided to ignore what happened in the book and had Dumbledore be victorious.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 5:40 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Hmm interesting question...

I'm not sure on that one... the aforementioned one is a rather hard one to watch...

But in terms of overall... the whole first scene -- as funny as it was -- was rather hard to watch -- since I was hoping for Dumbledore to pick up Harry at the Dursley's -- but that's for another thread . As much as I didn't mind it -- I just thought it was rather out of canon... so in a way, it was hard to watch.
You're probably right on this point. This scene was difficult to watch, I couldn't help but grimace throughtout the entire scene.

Anyhow, I think it was *** scene where Dumbledore was drinking the potion that was the hardest. The tears really started pouring even though I was already crying slightly.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old July 23rd, 2009, 6:17 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevrusSnape View Post
The hardest scenes for me to watch were all the scenes involving Harry and Ginny. I didn't really feel that they did a good job on those. I thought the time they were in the ROR was the worst of the bunch and the worst line was when she brings up his shoelace
Most definitely!! All of them were just completely awkward!

Old July 23rd, 2009, 7:19 am
First Year

I thought it was really tough when you see Malfoy crying and in so much pain when he is holding Dumbledore "hostage" in the Tower. You could see that this was a young man way over his head and in constant pain. That got me quite upset.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 8:03 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtails View Post
I thought it was really tough when you see Malfoy crying and in so much pain when he is holding Dumbledore "hostage" in the Tower. You could see that this was a young man way over his head and in constant pain. That got me quite upset.
Yes I agree. Also when he was crying in the bathroom. You could really tell that he was just scared for his life and honestly wanted a way out but there wasn't any. It was really hard to watch those scenes of Malfoy struggling with his decisions.

Oh, know the perils, read the signs,The warning history shows, For our Hogwarts is in danger From external, deadly foes. And we must unite inside her Or we'll crumble from within I have told you, I have warned you. . . (Sorting Hat)
Old July 23rd, 2009, 8:13 am
Fifth Year

Like several before me, I found the scene with Harry making Dumbledore drink the fountain's fluids very hard to watch. I was crying my eyes out over the scene where they gather around Dumbledore's body and raise their lighted wands in remembrance. *Sniff*

Then let my heart be hardened,
And never mind how high the cost may grow,
This will still be so:
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR PEOPLE GO.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 9:03 am
Zonko's Employee

Definitely Dumbledore drinking the potion. I feel actual dread when Harry and Dumbledore head out for the cave because I know that scene is coming up.

It's just so disturbing to watch this great and powerful man become so weak and helpless. It reminds me of my grandfather in the last year of his life when he was barely himself anymore and needed to be fed, etc. There's just something very sad about seeing your mentors become like little children...

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old July 23rd, 2009, 9:06 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Definitely Dumbledore drinking the potion. I feel actual dread when Harry and Dumbledore head out for the cave because I know that scene is coming up.

It's just so disturbing to watch this great and powerful man become so weak and helpless. It reminds me of my grandfather in the last year of his life when he was barely himself anymore and needed to be fed, etc. There's just something very sad about seeing your mentors become like little children...
Oh, I agree completely. It was very emotional, and just really tugged at my heartstrings. I couldn't stand to watch the 3rd time.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:07 am
Fifth Year

The waitress scene, because it was so uncanon, out of character for Harry and a complete and utter waste of time that could have been used to show the Dursley scene with Dumbledore.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:18 am
First Year

Dumbledore's death was very very sad, and moving, but the hardest for me was the scene with the Inferi - totally scary.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:08 pm
Second Year

As someone stated above it is the Harry-Ginny scene in the RoR that was most difficult for me to watch. It seemed too artificial, and I can't see the depth in their relationship.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:42 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_snuffles View Post

So out of all of the scenes in the film, what was the hardest one for you to watch? And why?

I would have to say the hardest one for me to watch was when Dumbldore was drinking the potion in the cave to get the Horcrux. He was in so much pain, and seeing Dumbledore so vulnerable was just really hard to watch.

Yes, I never thought Dumbledore would e able to be so affected, bu this was not physical pain, right? It was mental. Dumbledore lost his mind over his sisters death. My hardest part to watch was when Dumbledore died, and was falling, also when they raised their wands for them, it showed how people were really loyal to him.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:17 pm
First Year

For me, there were a lot of hard scenes to watch, for various reasons. Dumbledore's death was very hard for me to watch, just because I kept thinking "this is it", you know? I think it was well done too. The scene where Harry comforts a sobbing Hermione is also very emotional and hard to see. All of Draco's scenes where he is crying are sad as well.

I think that the scene where the Inferni grabs Harry's hand from the water is hard to watch, not because it is emotional or sad, but because it is so scary! Also, all of the Harry and Ginny scenes are just painful to watch, because they are so awkward.

Old July 24th, 2009, 12:37 am
Third Year

The hardest scene for me was watching Dumbledore drink the potion in the cave. I lost it there! It was really hard to see Dumbledore in pain like that, and I think that Gambon did a really good job portraying it. You could see that Harry was totally torn between if he should keep giving Dumbledore the potion or not, which I think was good acting on Dan's part.

Old July 24th, 2009, 1:42 am
Second Year

Pretty much the whole end of the movie was difficult for me, both viewings.

I always knew I'd get teary-eyed when Dumbledore was drinking the potion, but I never knew it would be to that extent. Gambon did a really fantastic job there, I think.

And seeing Malfoy's emotions really come out when he confronts Dumbledore made my heart sink. It's just so sad. I think the part that really did it for me with Malfoy, though, was his line, "I have to do it. I have to kill you... Or he's gonna kill me." Gets me every time.

And then, of course, Dumbledore's death. However, I only really start bawling during the wand-lit vigil. It's just depressing. My friend and I walked out of the theater saying, "I'm so depressed! I just want Dumbledore to be back!"

Oct. 31 2009
One of the best days of my life.

Can you see? You remind of how I used to be.
Let's say goodbye to our maybes,
incomplete, just a texture of how life really is.
And it seems to feel so real.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies