Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Questions about the Harry Potter Movies

Old January 23rd, 2006, 5:25 am
Fourth Year

I know where these two appear in GOF (when they block Harry from exiting the hallway and show off their Potter Stinks badges), but can anyone point out to me where they were in COS?

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2006, 5:30 am
Third Year

Re: Ernie McMillan and Hannah Abbott

I didn't know that the girl with Ernie in GOF was Hannah.....it wasn't the same actress...and the one who plays hannah has been in all the three previous movies....

But yes....Ernie is quite tall now, isnt he?

"You're gorgeous."
"Oh, shut it."
Old January 23rd, 2006, 7:18 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna58
I didn't know that the girl with Ernie in GOF was Hannah.....it wasn't the same actress...and the one who plays hannah has been in all the three previous movies....

But yes....Ernie is quite tall now, isnt he?
I'm not 100% that it was Hannah in that particular scene, but imdb credits her being in the movie and her being played by the same actress from CoS.

Hannah appeared in one of the deleted scenes of Chamber of Secrets.

I'm gonna love you like I'm indestructible

Your love is ultra magnetic and
it's taking over
This is hardcore
And I'm indestructible
Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:34 pm
Second Year

If you have the special features edition of CoS there's a cut scene of them talking about Harry being a Parcelmouth. Also after Hermione asks Prof. McGonnagal to explain the chamber of secrets the scene flashes to Harry and Ron then Hermione and Susan then Seamus and Neville then Ernie and Hannah, they get about one second screen time so look out for them. And yes, Ernie isn't the short chubby boy now, he's annoyingly tall.

When 17 year old witch, Siranette, is bitten by a nasty vampire, she is forced to move to Hogwarts. The only school which could handle her condition. Siranette then meets Draco Malfoy, who falls in love with her, not knowing the truth about his girlfrined. Soon, his deepest darkest fears are confirmed.
Coming Soon.

Stop trying to kick Peter Pettigrew out of the Marauders people, what's he done wrong?
Old March 14th, 2006, 3:35 am
I want to believe

Lately there have been many queries about certain aspects of the Harry Potter movies. This is a thread to ask any questions you may have about anything in the Harry Potter movies, from Philosopher's Stone all the way through Goblet of Fire.

Discuss!

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old March 14th, 2006, 3:37 am
Zonko's Employee

Re: Questions about the Harry Potter Movies

One thing that causes a problem with me is how much the characters have changed as far as there appearance. If you ever watch Sorcerer's Stone and then watch Goblet of Fire, you notice almost everything has changed.

From the Weasley's hair, to the clothes, to the attitude; I just think it should've stayed the same. What with all the director changes, the movies are completely different and I don't like that.

Old March 14th, 2006, 5:56 am
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

I seem to remember that Chris Columbus thought that two is enough. So they had to get a new director. I think that as long as the main actors stay we should be happy.

A question we will never get an answer to is, would they get boring in the end if the first director had stayed theough all seven?

Old March 14th, 2006, 12:20 pm
Fourth Year

62442al_Man I see you're fourteen years old.
Now look at the pictures when you were eleven.
Do you dress and look the same?

Old March 14th, 2006, 4:06 pm
Fifth Year

I personally like the way the movies develop. It's definitely more interesting to see the characters grow up and change a bit. They change a bit in the books as well, so that doesn't bother me at all.

Also, I am really glad that Chris Columbus did only the first two movies. I didn't like his style.

P.S.: Thanks, mods, for this thread. I think it was needed.

Old March 14th, 2006, 4:39 pm
First Year

I feel that people generally dress the same their entire life.

When POA was released there was a lot of discussion about the
radical changes of the students at Hogwarts.I have not seen GOF
but it will be interesting to see where they take the "look" of the students
at Hogwarts.

thanks

The Orbweaver

Old March 14th, 2006, 4:39 pm
Fourth Year

Nice thread Idea Mods!

Anyway, I do have mixed Feelings on the movies. I love them all, but I believe that both POA and GOF are far superiour to PS and COS. Why? because they are styled correctly for the big screen.

There is much critism of COS and to an extent PS that they were too long and dragged out. However when this was changed in POA and GOF, there was critism that things were left out. This bugs me. Most of the people who see these movies know the stories. We know about the many interesting and funny back plots, like SPEW for example but we don't need these taking up valauble screen time. The last 2 movies have been screen adapted, what with the Dragon chase etc, which i really really like.

Also, what makes me laugh is, many people go on about minor details, for Example, they don't like Hermiones Dress in the Yule Ball, or that the students wear too many "muggle" clothes But they forget that Dan's eyes are blue, when Harrys are green. And this is an important fact, as it has been stressed by JKR herself, that the Link between Harry and his mother is Key!

Anway, rant over......

Oh yes, i also like the way the cast develop. Its just natural. Isn't it? They are growing up with the Characters, so to speak.

British by Birth, English by Grace of God.

Beefy's Harry Potter Music Videos. Please take a look! Thanks!Music Videos [
I'm Back from the Shadows!
Old March 14th, 2006, 7:54 pm
Sixth Year

Fudge and Dumbledore fight GoF

I am whatching GoF, while Harry is wating outside of Dumbledore's office, and we hear Dumbledore say 'A man has died here Fudge, and he won't be the last.' I thought that this was intertesting that he said this, and what did Dumbledore know.

Old March 14th, 2006, 8:06 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62442al_Man
One thing that causes a problem with me is how much the characters have changed as far as there appearance. If you ever watch Sorcerer's Stone and then watch Goblet of Fire, you notice almost everything has changed.

From the Weasley's hair, to the clothes, to the attitude; I just think it should've stayed the same. What with all the director changes, the movies are completely different and I don't like that.
Life in the books doesn't stay the same. It has become darker and more difficult for everyone.
I don't think that the clothes have changed that much, it's just that we don't see them in school uniform as much as we did.
Teenagers grow up and their attitude does change, I remember doing it myself. My mum had a terrible time with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
Also, what makes me laugh is, many people go on about minor details, for Example, they don't like Hermiones Dress in the Yule Ball, or that the students wear too many "muggle" clothes But they forget that Dan's eyes are blue, when Harrys are green. And this is an important fact, as it has been stressed by JKR herself, that the Link between Harry and his mother is Key!
Doesn't it make you want to slap your head and giggle.
Dan's eyes stayed blue as he tried several times to wear the green contacts but had a reaction to them each time.
JK has no problem with the fact that in the films Harry's eyes are blue and has continued to point out that it is the fact that he has his mother's eyes that is important.
Whilst we are on eyes, what about Voldemort's non-red eyes?

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old March 14th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
Doesn't it make you want to slap your head and giggle.
Dan's eyes stayed blue as he tried several times to wear the green contacts but had a reaction to them each time.
JK has no problem with the fact that in the films Harry's eyes are blue and has continued to point out that it is the fact that he has his mother's eyes that is important.
Whilst we are on eyes, what about Voldemort's non-red eyes?
Lol. I was quite dissapointed with that, but again its one of those Minor details, that would have been nice, but don't bother me too much. Overall i was very impressed with Fiennes as Voldemort and how the Directors et al portrayed him.

Altough he did not have the read eyes, let us remember they did do a great job, on digitally removing his nose and turning them into slits.

British by Birth, English by Grace of God.

Beefy's Harry Potter Music Videos. Please take a look! Thanks!Music Videos [
I'm Back from the Shadows!
Old March 14th, 2006, 9:06 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausBaudelaire
62442al_Man I see you're fourteen years old.
Now look at the pictures when you were eleven.
Not their physical appearance........

The clothes, they went from having the ties well tied and the shirts tucked in to going preppy, sloppy, and all that; since the new director came. I don't really have a problem with it but it was a BIG change.

Obviously, they are going to look differently as they grow up; that wasn't my point.

And to Bunny, I don't see what you mean. Their appearance as far as hair and clothes has nothing to do with the books getting darker.

I suppose I understand that their attitude changes, as it does in the books; but it is a little much.

Old March 14th, 2006, 10:35 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
Lol. I was quite dissapointed with that, but again its one of those Minor details, that would have been nice, but don't bother me too much. Overall i was very impressed with Fiennes as Voldemort and how the Directors et al portrayed him.

Altough he did not have the red eyes, let us remember they did do a great job, on digitally removing his nose and turning them into slits.
I was disappointed, but really only from the point of view of "oh, that's a shame".
I thought the face of Voldemort was spot on, well it was for me anyway.
I agree, Ralph Feinnes did a brilliant job as Voldemort.
Quote:
The clothes, they went from having the ties well tied and the shirts tucked in to going preppy, sloppy, and all that; since the new director came. I don't really have a problem with it but it was a BIG change.
Obviously, they are going to look differently as they grow up; that wasn't my point.
I'm sorry, what was the point?
The directors quite rightly are showing how growing into the teens is about learning about yourself and the world about you.
As they grow up they are exerting their personalities and this is showing in their dress and their attitudes.
Quote:
And to Bunny, I don't see what you mean. Their appearance as far as hair and clothes has nothing to do with the books getting darker.

I suppose I understand that their attitude changes, as it does in the books; but it is a little much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =62442al_Man
The bolded area struck me as meaning (almost) everything ... in the films, not just the clothes and hair.
I felt that everything had changed in the books and this was being reflected in the films.
Certainly the end of GoF shows a big change in Harry's circumstances and these affect the whole of the wizarding world.

Old March 14th, 2006, 11:33 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
I'm sorry, what was the point?
The directors quite rightly are showing how growing into the teens is about learning about yourself and the world about you.
As they grow up they are exerting their personalities and this is showing in their dress and their attitudes.
The bolded area struck me as meaning (almost) everything ... in the films, not just the clothes and hair.
Perhaps you have not looked closely enough, but EVERYONE is dressed like this. Not just the "growing teens". When Harry was eleven, he was very well dressed, now, after Chamber of Secrets the whole style has completely changed. But, the first years dress like this, too...That is my point, this is turning into a big deal, I was just trying to get across a small point...

Old March 14th, 2006, 11:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Seems like not a whole lot of questions here, just a bunch of quibbling...

In GoF, did Barty Crouch's voice stay the same (like Ron & Harry in CoS), with him just impersonating Moody's voice, or did his voice actually change (like it does in the books)? The reason I ask is, because when he was questioning Harry, it sounded like he did an impersonation of Hagrid's voice, and that made me wonder if he was doing it all along.

Does that make ANY sense?

Old March 14th, 2006, 11:55 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Perhaps you have not looked closely enough, but EVERYONE is dressed like this. Not just the "growing teens". When Harry was eleven, he was very well dressed, now, after Chamber of Secrets the whole style has completely changed. But, the first years dress like this, too...That is my point, this is turning into a big deal, I was just trying to get across a small point...
For me, in the last two films the students were more normal. The children were far too pristine in the first two films.
Yes, you're right, this is getting a touch out of hand. I accept that you don't like the change. (whispers, "I do though" )

Old March 15th, 2006, 12:04 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
For me, in the last two films the students were more normal. The children were far too pristine in the first two films.
Yes, you're right, this is getting a touch out of hand. I accept that you don't like the change. (whispers, "I do though" )
Like I said, I don't mind it.

It was just a big change. I had not expected such a big change when they switched directors.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References