Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Old November 21st, 2010, 3:24 am
Sixth Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGurl08 View Post
Nooo!

I freakin' love the "Oi! We're in the middle of war!" line! LOL! I will be heartbroken if it isn't there.

They could add in another R/H kiss without Harry somewhere else. Toward the end, maybe...
Me too

On one hand, I can understand wanting to have it be private and alone.

But on the other hand, I really liked the book way where they kiss in the middle of the battle and Harry yells at them

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2010, 3:30 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Me too

On one hand, I can understand wanting to have it be private and alone.

But on the other hand, I really liked the book way where they kiss in the middle of the battle and Harry yells at them
It was a great line in the book, but I completely understand changing the kiss location to the Chamber of Secrets. There's been no set up for Hermione's house elf liberation movement, so Ron's line about trying to get them out of the castle might seem out of place. Destroying a horcrux, on the other hand, is going to be all the passion Hermione needs to finally give in to her true feelings.

And it should be a nice parallel to the locket destruction scene. The push that Ron got from seeing the Riddle Hermione/Harry kiss was what gave him the motivation to destroy the locket, and now another horcrux destruction will lead to the first kiss between the real couple.

Old November 21st, 2010, 3:38 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBlack101 View Post
It was a great line in the book, but I completely understand changing the kiss location to the Chamber of Secrets. There's been no set up for Hermione's house elf liberation movement, so Ron's line about trying to get them out of the castle might seem out of place. Destroying a horcrux, on the other hand, is going to be all the passion Hermione needs to finally give in to her true feelings.

And it should be a nice parallel to the locket destruction scene. The push that Ron got from seeing the Riddle Hermione/Harry kiss was what gave him the motivation to destroy the locket, and now another horcrux destruction will lead to the first kiss between the real couple.
True - it wouldn't have the right context for the kiss in the movie than in the book.

I wouldn't mind the movie way at all But I also really liked the way it happened in the book too

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 21st, 2010, 7:27 am
Malum Veneficus

I thought the way Part 1 ended was really great. It makes me wonder, though, how will Part 2 begin? I think it has to be Voldemort going back to the Malfoy Manor and realise that Harry is gone.
I wouldn't like it much, if it started at Bill and Fleur's place (which makes me wonder if there's going on be a Teddy or not. It would be too bad if they kept him out!!). I'd rather it started with Voldemort punishing the Malfoys. That way, both parts would start off at 'dark' moments (the first one being the murder of Charity Burbadge).

Thanks to my secret sigswitch maker, for the wonderful avatar and signature!

Sig/avatar pictures by Cassandra Austen.
Old November 21st, 2010, 7:42 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrix93 View Post
I thought the way Part 1 ended was really great. It makes me wonder, though, how will Part 2 begin? I think it has to be Voldemort going back to the Malfoy Manor and realise that Harry is gone.
I wouldn't like it much, if it started at Bill and Fleur's place (which makes me wonder if there's going on be a Teddy or not. It would be too bad if they kept him out!!). I'd rather it started with Voldemort punishing the Malfoys. That way, both parts would start off at 'dark' moments (the first one being the murder of Charity Burbadge).
The Potter's death sequence is the best way to open Part 2, IMHO. I remember reading that suggestion on these forums after we learned the flashback wasn't in Part 1, and have loved it ever since. And actually, it may be better placed in Part 2 since the payoff of Harry becoming a horcrux due to that event comes later on.

As for Voldemort punishing the Malfoys, I don't know if we'll see it at all, since none of them ever actually pressed their dark marks to call him. I doubt they would have done so afterwords either, though that isn't to say he won't find out about it and be furious. However, we do know we'll see Voldemort going crazy after Harry escapes once more from Gringotts!

Old November 21st, 2010, 8:22 am
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrix93 View Post
I think it has to be Voldemort going back to the Malfoy Manor and realise that Harry is gone.
I don't think they will do that, for they never really called Voldemort in the movie, did they. Lucius was about to do so when Bellatrix intervened when she noticed the sword. I think the next scene will be more to do with Dobby's death, as in the trio will be at shell cottage and some flashback of sorts which will only infuriate Harry and he strives to infiltrate Gringotts.

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:04 am
First Year

I'm really hoping that part 2 does both Dumbledore's story AND Snape's story justice. One of the most memorable parts in the book for me was the revealing of Snapes whole part in the plan and the big reveal that he is actually a good guy. I wonder if they will have full flashbacks in to Snapes past with Lilly and James or if it will be made up of quick little flashbacks like in OotP when Harry sees James picking on him.

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:47 am
Malum Veneficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudleycanons
I wonder if they will have full flashbacks in to Snapes past with Lilly and James or if it will be made up of quick little flashbacks like in OotP when Harry sees James picking on him.
I would be very disappointed if Snape's memories were rushed. I don't care much for Dumbledore's story, because I don't think it affected the storyline strongly. I still think there must be something about his past though. Because it did/would seem very strange that there was never any mention of Dumbledore's brother, then have him play an important role in the final film, Aberforth must have some known history.

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:28 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_dies_a_lot View Post
i hope they show a little bit of what ron and hermione did in the chamber of secrets...and they change the final scene in the epilouge to just the trio
Why?
Is Harry not expected to have a wife?
Is he not expected to have children?
What about Ron and Hermione? No children for them either?
Is there no place for Draco, his wife and Scorpius in your vision of the Epilogue?
Why then are they at the train station?

Are Ron, Harry and Hermione the only characters you think deserve to be shown?
I find that attitude ridiculous! The whole point of the Epilogue is to show that Harry got his greatest desire, his own family!
It's a bit hard to show that if he has no wife or children.
Ginny and the children are crucial to the Epilogue and I will shoot down anyone who dares say they are not needed.
Draco shows that old grudges are overlooked as Harry nods at him.
The last shot needs to be of Harry WITH his family, which means, Ginny, Lily, Ron, Hermione and Hugo waving at Albus, James and Rose on the train.

Old November 21st, 2010, 12:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepot View Post
Why?
Is Harry not expected to have a wife?
Is he not expected to have children?
What about Ron and Hermione? No children for them either?
Is there no place for Draco, his wife and Scorpius in your vision of the Epilogue?
Why then are they at the train station?

Are Ron, Harry and Hermione the only characters you think deserve to be shown?
I find that attitude ridiculous! The whole point of the Epilogue is to show that Harry got his greatest desire, his own family!
It's a bit hard to show that if he has no wife or children.
Ginny and the children are crucial to the Epilogue and I will shoot down anyone who dares say they are not needed.
Draco shows that old grudges are overlooked as Harry nods at him.
The last shot needs to be of Harry WITH his family, which means, Ginny, Lily, Ron, Hermione and Hugo waving at Albus, James and Rose on the train.
I even dare to say that the epilogue should end with only Harry. At the very beginning of the story, he was the lone boy without anyone who loved him. We end the story with a grown-up wizard who is surrounded by people who love him, but it is the story of that boy. So I think they should end the epilogue something like this:

EpilogueHarry stares after the train, lowers his hand. Masking his bereavement with a faint smile.

Ron and Hermione appear on his right and left side. Both exchanging an honest, trusted look with him. Their eyes saying all there has to be said.

Then, they both turn -– Ron padding Harry on the shoulder -- and set off in the teeming mass along with Ginny. Leaving ...

NEW ANGLE – DREAMLIKE SETTING

... Harry behind on an empty platform. HEAVENLY SUNRAYS come through the domed ceiling, throwing mystical pools of light on the platform.

He blinks, and a peaceful serenity crosses his face. One more time he looks at the spot where the train has disappeared, then he simple turns. Puts his hands in his pockets and starts walking down the long platform. Heading home.

FADE TO BLACK.

It's also a little nod to his conversation with Dumbledore on the very same platform. It's the place of coming and going, the limbo state between the wizarding and Muggle world. And the shot of Harry, back facing us, walking down the long platform, growing smaller, backlit ... I think it's beautiful.

Old November 21st, 2010, 1:04 pm
First Year

I hope the Prince's Tale is a big part of the movie, 23 mins at least. And I hope the battle of hogwarts is done well. Im glad that part 1 turned out to be amazing David Yates did a really good job and I think part 2 will be amazing too but if David Yates screw up this scene (Prince's Tale) I will hate him for the rest of eternity.

Old November 21st, 2010, 1:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoyz92 View Post
I hope the Prince's Tale is a big part of the movie, 23 mins at least. And I hope the battle of hogwarts is done well. Im glad that part 1 turned out to be amazing David Yates did a really good job and I think part 2 will be amazing too but if David Yates screw up this scene (Prince's Tale) I will hate him for the rest of eternity.
Uh...I don't think so. 23 minutes is a looooong time.

Boromir had blown his great horn till all the woods rang...
Old November 21st, 2010, 1:21 pm
First Year

Quote:
Uh...I don't think so. 23 minutes is a looooong time.
Ok I can admit 23 mins is too long but I dont want it to be short.

Last edited by RandyBoyz92; November 21st, 2010 at 1:24 pm.
Old November 21st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoyz92 View Post
Ok I can admit 23 mins is too long but I dont want it to be short.
It is a long time! I don't really expect it to be much more than 5 minutes to be honest.

Old November 21st, 2010, 2:17 pm
Malum Veneficus

I personally don't care much 'how long' it will be, or 'how many minutes' they'll give it. I just hope they wouldn't leave out half of the memories (which is very likely ), or even a few of them that happen to be important.
But now that we didn't get to see Lily's letter in part 1, I think there will obviously be no memory with Snape holding her letter and crying. I don't particularly like those parts, but I still think they made up an important part of the book, which lots of fans consider their 'favourite part of the books'

Old November 21st, 2010, 2:28 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBlack101 View Post
It was a great line in the book, but I completely understand changing the kiss location to the Chamber of Secrets. There's been no set up for Hermione's house elf liberation movement, so Ron's line about trying to get them out of the castle might seem out of place.
I realized this last night when I was thinking about scenes I am most looking forward to seeing in July. I do love that Ron's line about the house elves shows how much he has grown and matured emotionally over all these years, but it just doesn't fit with the story told in the movies. Now I do hope they at least stay true to the book in terms of how the kiss happens (Hermione runs at him and Ron responds with "enthusiasm"). I am prepared for them to go a different route however and am resigning myself to the fact that it will be nothing like the kiss described on pg 625 (US edition).

I wonder how long the scene in the CoS will be...

I will agree with the above poster who said that the Potters death sequence would be the best way to open up the final movie. Not told in brief flashbacks, but starting with Voldemort walking the streets of Godric's Hollow (which we just saw in Pt I) then arriving at the house that we saw, but the house is still in tact. I think that would be an awesome way to start the film!

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."

Last edited by MsBinns; November 21st, 2010 at 2:32 pm.
Old November 21st, 2010, 2:47 pm
Second Year

dan wasn't present for emma and ruperts kiss, so i doubt the line "oi! there's a war going on here!" will be there, but in movie-terms i think that fits better.

the films have been building on ron and hermione's relationship for so long now, that it would be annoying if harry interrupts the kiss scene, especially as it has been long anticipated by fans.

don't get me wrong, the way rowling wrote it in the book is amazing, but i think it would be nicer if the movie set it in the chamber of secrets. nice trip down memory lane for the audience as well.

plus, i know most of the move's gonna be one big battle, but i hope yates keeps in the emotional stuff and doesnt stop with the wonderful character development that we saw in the first part!

with the epilouge scene i'm really open to whatever yates wants to do with that scene. the scene is written so beautifully in the book, that im sure yates wouldn't have found that part too hard to direct.

and i know that from seeing the filming pics at kings cross that the kids were wearing their own clothes, but i kinda wished that they rose, james and albus could have been wearing their hogwarts robes.

i just like the idea that you see the three children walking towards the train with their hogwarts robes, looking like harry, ron and hermione did.

that, and it would be amazing if they parallelled albus's run at the barrier with harry's first attempt when he was 11, with Lily, holding on to Ginny's hand wishing him good luck (like ginny said to harry when she was holding on to molly's hand all those years ago!!)

Old November 21st, 2010, 7:49 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post
i just like the idea that you see the three children walking towards the train with their hogwarts robes, looking like harry, ron and hermione did.

that, and it would be amazing if they parallelled albus's run at the barrier with harry's first attempt when he was 11, with Lily, holding on to Ginny's hand wishing him good luck (like ginny said to harry when she was holding on to molly's hand all those years ago!!)
I agree with this!

I am very curious to know how the Chamber of Secrets scene will play out. It will be really interesting to see how the Hufflepuff Cup will resist Hermione's attempts to destroy it. I do hope that JKR had some input into this!

Old November 21st, 2010, 8:15 pm
Third Year

We already know how the cup will resist

Old November 21st, 2010, 8:25 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne View Post
We already know how the cup will resist
:O How?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References