Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Pokemon Red - Diamond

Old October 4th, 2007, 11:50 pm
Seventh Year

Pokemon Red - Diamond

So, who here still plays these excelent games? I definatly do, and they're still as brilliant as when they first came out.

So, this thread is for discussing anything to do with them - trading, breeding, raising, catching, stuck on the E4 and Rival - should be discussed here.

I do have a question. In Diamond, where's the best place to train your Pokemon before the E4? I'm not there yet, but it would be nice to know, so that i can prepare.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2007, 3:30 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

I still play them every so often, not as much as I used to though.

I liked Crystal and Silver the best overall though, due to the fact that you get to go to 2 lands and face twice the amount of gym leaders .

Hmm -- best place to train before going to the E4 in Diamond? Well for me, Victory Road was a pretty good place to train.

Hope that helps you out .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 5th, 2007, 5:19 am
Second Year

I've been playing them for YEARS. I still love them. Just started Diamond recently though, so 'fraid I can't help ya there. I agree though, they're still great games, even after all these years. Nintendo keeps finding ways to keep the games new and exciting, even if it's just by adding little changes here and there.

Old October 5th, 2007, 12:26 pm
First Year

I started Diamond too. I'm stuck on the third Gym; the Gym Leadrs Lucario is realy tough, even though I have a Drifloon, a Kadabra and a Ponyta; I think it's because they're weaker then him, they're LVs 21-23 and he's LV 30.

Did you hear the rumers that there is going to be a remake of Gold and Silver for the DS. What would you say if there was Gold Nugget & Silver Coin?

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Jedi Master Yoda, Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace

CauldronNewt
11 3/4 in. Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather core, Unyielding
Proud Hufflepuff
Old October 5th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israely_Wizard View Post
I started Diamond too. I'm stuck on the third Gym; the Gym Leadrs Lucario is realy tough, even though I have a Drifloon, a Kadabra and a Ponyta; I think it's because they're weaker then him, they're LVs 21-23 and he's LV 30.

Did you hear the rumers that there is going to be a remake of Gold and Silver for the DS. What would you say if there was Gold Nugget & Silver Coin?
Hmm -- try getting them closer to around lv.30, say lv. 25-27 or so. That's what I had to do in order to beat the third gym.

I heard about it -- I got an issue of Nintendo Power awhile back that kind of put them to rest (sadly ) though, in the Pulse section, someone asked about that, and they said that they weren't planning on making a remake of those games in the near future.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old October 5th, 2007, 3:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Hmm -- try getting them closer to around lv.30, say lv. 25-27 or so. That's what I had to do in order to beat the third gym.

I heard about it -- I got an issue of Nintendo Power awhile back that kind of put them to rest (sadly ) though, in the Pulse section, someone asked about that, and they said that they weren't planning on making a remake of those games in the near future.
Man, now I'm depresed, did you have to spoile it for me and everybody that hoped for a remake?!

On a lighter note, thanks for the tip, I'll train them hard and good.

P.S: Did you notice that although the massive Attack stats that Kadabra has, he has really but really low Defence and Sp. Defence?

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Jedi Master Yoda, Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace

CauldronNewt
Proud Hufflepuff
Old October 5th, 2007, 4:04 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
P.S: Did you notice that although the massive Attack stats that Kadabra has, he has really but really low Defence and Sp. Defence?
I think you mean Sp. Attack, as Kadabra has no physical attacks to speak of. And my one has a really high Sp. Defence.

Fawkesfan1, thanks for the advice.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Old October 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Quote:
Man, now I'm depresed, did you have to spoile it for me and everybody that hoped for a remake?!

On a lighter note, thanks for the tip, I'll train them hard and good.

Sorry, that's just what Nintendo said, personally I was somewhat depressed myself after hearing the news. I was hoping for a remake of those games as well.

You're welcome -- good luck !

Yep -- that's it's one big flaw, low defense and sp. attack. I generally try and do my best to up those stats for the most part and put at least one defense type move on any Kadabra that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
I think you mean Sp. Attack, as Kadabra has no physical attacks to speak of. And my one has a really high Sp. Defence.

Fawkesfan1, thanks for the advice.
You're welcome Jammi -- glad that I could help .

Old October 5th, 2007, 8:10 pm
Seventh Year

I wish they would remake it, as it's my favorite gnration of all the games, but oh well.

Old October 5th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Quote:
I wish they would remake it, as it's my favorite gnration of all the games, but oh well.
So do I -- and they're making a mistake by not doing so, considering the batteries in a lot of the games (Gold, Silver and Crystal) are dying.

Old October 5th, 2007, 10:02 pm
Seventh Year

Unless you get them specifically replaced.

For Diamond's E4, what's the best, overall team to have. Complete with moves, of course. Ohh, and also, i can't trade with anyone.

Old October 5th, 2007, 10:12 pm

Quote:
Unless you get them specifically replaced.

For Diamond's E4, what's the best, overall team to have. Complete with moves, of course. Ohh, and also, i can't trade with anyone.
I heard about that.

Hmm -- well it depends on what kind of team that you like to use. If you like defensive type Pokémon, then use them, if you like a team that's more sp. attack based, use them, and so on and so forth.

There is no real best team persay, it's all in how you raise them, at least in my opinion. The best thing to do is to raise them in a balanced manner.

Old October 6th, 2007, 5:03 am
Seventh Year

Pokemon was definitely one of my favourite games as a kid. I had (and still have somewhere...) Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal and Ruby. I haven't played them in a while though. I've played Diamond a bit too. Everything seems a bit too modern to me and there's way too many Pokemon now. I can't get my head around it all. I suppose I just love the old school stuff best.

Old October 6th, 2007, 12:10 pm
Fourth Year

I Own

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
and Pokemon Sapphire

I started with Red and Yellow, then skipped to Sapphire, and not that long ago bought Gold for myself so I would have one from each era. If I get a NDS lite for christmas, I'll buy myself Diamond or Pearl.

So as Pokefans, do you guys like Diamond, or is it too modern? I'm not sure about the 3D effects....It seems a bit too...I'm not sure. The Sinnoh Underground sounds interesting.

Also when I come back on tomorrow I'll post some of my Pokemon teams and breeding projects.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan

Last edited by griffiegrrl; October 6th, 2007 at 12:33 pm.
Old October 6th, 2007, 2:01 pm
First Year

I have a 50-in-1 game that include Red, Blue and Yelow for the GBC that my sister bought for me from Thailand wwwwaaaaaaayyyyy back.
I also have a GBA with Leaf Green in it. And, I once had Gold, but I gave it away to some kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
So as Pokefans, do you guys like Diamond, or is it too modern? I'm not sure about the 3D effects....It seems a bit too...I'm not sure. The Sinnoh Underground sounds interesting.

Also when I come back on tomorrow I'll post some of my Pokemon teams and breeding projects.
I kinda like the Diamond game; the new Pokemon are cool, the gyms are cool and the new Villians are cool.
I do think that the Underground is just a gimic for the DS owners and is just there to make use of the touchscreen (though I did get some cool stuff from there)

CauldronNewt
Proud Hufflepuff
Old October 6th, 2007, 2:49 pm
Seventh Year

Wow I remember Pokemon, I think I had a blue one I remember being very proud of my Zapdos

Old October 6th, 2007, 7:59 pm
Seventh Year

I really do like Diamond - it just keeps it updated whilst keeping some traditional elements to it. Although, i must admit, i don't have much use for the Wi-Fi part of it.

Old October 7th, 2007, 4:48 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
I really do like Diamond - it just keeps it updated whilst keeping some traditional elements to it. Although, i must admit, i don't have much use for the Wi-Fi part of it.
Yeah, I've always pretty much been a single player pokemon player. I mean, I've linked a few times but hardly at all. It's still fun, even though you can't catch them all. But I've always been focused on catching all the ones I CAN catch in a game, not neccisarily catching all of the ones, period.

Well, one thing that sounds cool about Diamond and Pearl is that you can plug in your Firered/Leafgreen/Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald and bring over your pokemon from that. Although, don't you have to wait until you beat the Elite Four? But still, it's nice.

I'll post some of my Pokemon in a bit.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old October 7th, 2007, 5:59 pm
Seventh Year

It does happen after the E4, but you have to have seen all 150 Sinoh Dex Pokemon first.

Old October 7th, 2007, 10:02 pm
Fourth Year

Some Pokemon from my Sapphire:

Please click on thumbnails to view bigger image.

I have two Blazikens because my luck was to start out with a Female Torchic in the beginning of the game, which meant MASS BREEDING! Yay.

Sceptile was traded from someone who started a new game just to trade with me. I am currently training Rayquaza, Latias, and Swellow.

Kyogre is eventually going to learn Thunder to take advantage of his Drizzle.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games