Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old July 24th, 2011, 8:01 am
Fourth Year

Re: Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
No, you're not making it up! This is exactly what Dumbledore told Harry.
I had forgotten about that part! which book is it again? And that does make sense. That would show why there was so much alike in Harry and Voldemort(aside from Voldemort's soul being in him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherazad View Post
I'm eager to know more about Lily's and Marauders' life! I so loved Snape's memories in DH...
That would be a nice book as well! Something showing how Lily came to like James, and how everything turned out the way it didi, something showing why Peteigrew decided to betray the Potter's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMintBunny View Post
To be honest with you I'd like a book revolving around the lives of Hogwarts first ever students, that way the characters are less likely to be restricted by the current canon series, apart from Salazar Slytherin leaving the other founders but then we could see how those students within the Slytherin House were affected by that and how they were treated at that time.
Although this wouldn't much affect the story we know, it would show us how Hogwarts came to be, show us how each founder truly acted and why Hogwarts became so important to so many students! Show us the difference from when it began . . . to where it was when Harry left

Let us never forget Those who gave their lives to save our freedom
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2011, 8:29 am
First Year

Just for my part, I would really want a novel showing the early years of Dumbledore and his past with Grindelwald. Maybe not their "relationship" but just all the crazy legendary things he supposedly did before he even met Harry, not to mention how he defeated Grindelwald

yeah I think that would be a really interesting history like book. They never really go into the lives of the other founders. Plus it seemed like Hogwarts is so inclusive that many of them had ulterior motives in some of the stuff they put in the castle

yeah I think that would be a really interesting history like book. They never really go into the lives of the other founders. Plus it seemed like Hogwarts is so inclusive that many of them had ulterior motives in some of the stuff they put in the castle

Old July 24th, 2011, 8:46 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I wrote:
No, you're not making it up! This is exactly what Dumbledore told Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPotter17 View Post
I had forgotten about that part! which book is it again? And that does make sense. That would show why there was so much alike in Harry and Voldemort(aside from Voldemort's soul being in him).
I'm not sure, but it makes sense for the comment to be in HBP.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:09 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmditch View Post
I'd like to read the full story of Hogwarts' creation, and it's founders. That'd be good. We only have an outline, so far.
Agree!! A founders story would be marvellous.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
BatPumpkin
14 1/2 inches, Unicorn, Elm - Brittle
Old July 24th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Second Year

I think that the best time period for Jo to write a new book about would be even before the founding of Hogworts. This is because we know the rough outline of all the other time periods but this one would leave Jo to write anything without being hindered by what she had already written. I think it should be about a wizarding school that predates Hogwarts and its fall.

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:18 pm
Second Year

I'd really like to see what happens next in the world of Harry Potter, but not so much TO Harry himself. I thought Jo did a great job tying the story up with having everyone outside of the Weasly family marry someone in the family to make them all in-laws.

Now with the end of the series (and movies) it would be nice to use that epilogue as a launching point for a new story. She really did leave the world open to tell the story of children, and perhaps even a Malfoy tale if she so desired. We know that a new antagonist would have to be created, but to thing that all powerful evil has been taken from the world is just foolish! I say a new fresh tale with relatively fresh teachers and the original "Harry Potter Characters" get cameos and perhaps auxiliary roles this time.

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Second Year

I think Aberforth should be the new headmaster

Old July 25th, 2011, 4:40 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Disciple View Post
I'd really like to see what happens next in the world of Harry Potter, but not so much TO Harry himself. I thought Jo did a great job tying the story up with having everyone outside of the Weasly family marry someone in the family to make them all in-laws.

Now with the end of the series (and movies) it would be nice to use that epilogue as a launching point for a new story. She really did leave the world open to tell the story of children, and perhaps even a Malfoy tale if she so desired. We know that a new antagonist would have to be created, but to thing that all powerful evil has been taken from the world is just foolish! I say a new fresh tale with relatively fresh teachers and the original "Harry Potter Characters" get cameos and perhaps auxiliary roles this time.
I agree with that she did leave it open and it would be nice to see another about a potter or weasly. yes a new villain would have to be made but still it would be a nice thing to do, like rick riordian is making another series that has to do with camp half-blood, but with different chracters

Old July 25th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Second Year

Exactly. While the story of Harry Potter is quite interesting, the world is just so enchanting and there is so much left unsaid about the world that there could any number of series written that could really use Harry and co. as auxiliary characters. We could see new enemies, a new trio and perhaps the introduction to a new piece of history resulting in new magic powers.

We could argue that Voldemort got his inspiration, so to speak, from another more powerful dark wizard.

Old July 25th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Disciple View Post
Exactly. While the story of Harry Potter is quite interesting, the world is just so enchanting and there is so much left unsaid about the world that there could any number of series written that could really use Harry and co. as auxiliary characters. We could see new enemies, a new trio and perhaps the introduction to a new piece of history resulting in new magic powers.

We could argue that Voldemort got his inspiration, so to speak, from another more powerful dark wizard.
This all sounds great perhaps this could lead to another series of books

Old July 26th, 2011, 4:52 am
Fourth Year

I think that a lot of people would have to sell it to JKR, but still it would be such a brilliant idea. I mean as stated the world itself has so much to it( and that is just in England), just think it she made one that revolved around students from Durmstrang or Beauxbaton, and any other schools there were? I mean that world is so unexplored she could just go on and on and still only give us half of this world she made!

Old July 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm
Second Year

I honestly think that it is only a matter of time before Jo writes a whole new series of books in the HP world because there is so much public demand for more books and once people start earning the kind of money that Jo is earning you don't want it to stop.

Old July 26th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Second Year

Personally, I can't wait until the encyclopedia comes out. I wish she'd hurry!! But I think it would be awesome if she would write Hogwarts, A History. She references it so much!! But as far as another series, I think her best bet is to do a prequel series. She can keep the characters that she already made and the same villain. She made it pretty clear that Harry's story is over, and I would assume that it carries over to his kids too. I think it would be awesome if she did prequels though. Stories with James, Sirius, Lupin, Lily, and Snape would be cool, especially since we know so much about them already, she would spend less time introducing the characters and more time on the stories themselves.

Proud Gryffindor
GoldScale60 POTTERMORE. FOREVERMORE.
Old July 27th, 2011, 4:14 am
Second Year

i find the idea of writing nonfiction fiction books such as hogwarts, a history very boring. If she's going to write more in the HP world then they should be novels. Also if it is a prequel series it should go back even before the founding of hogwarts so that we have no idea of what is about to happen when we read. Again, its only a matter of time before we get more books.

Old July 27th, 2011, 4:16 am
Second Year

I never thought about her doing books back in the time of the founders... That would be really cool. We've gotten a little bit of background information from the Sorting Hat's songs and then some about Gryffindor and Ravenclaw in the final book... But books from that time period would be interesting.

Proud Gryffindor
Old July 27th, 2011, 4:21 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiew09 View Post
I never thought about her doing books back in the time of the founders... That would be really cool. We've gotten a little bit of background information from the Sorting Hat's songs and then some about Gryffindor and Ravenclaw in the final book... But books from that time period would be interesting.
But just think how good a story taking place before that could be. Maybe one about the discovery of magic and the first people learning how to use it.

Old July 27th, 2011, 4:27 am
Second Year

That would be really cool. What time period do you think that it would be placed in? Like Medieval times, or earlier?

Proud Gryffindor
Old July 27th, 2011, 4:33 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_moldywort View Post
But just think how good a story taking place before that could be. Maybe one about the discovery of magic and the first people learning how to use it.
The big problem is that this wouldn't describe a story, but stuff that might happen in a story. Now, some story might arise from what this leads people to do (much the way that, say, Sirius Black escaping from Azkaban leads to a story about Harry learning to separate easy "truths" from hard ones), but the key would be: what story could fit in the existing plot restrictions?

This is an old problem with prequels, even if they go "way back": too much of the plot is already determined, and instead of plot being devised to serve a story, you get story shoe-horned into plot. As the Star Wars prequels showed, that usually leads to "no story at all."

If Rowling did return to Harry Potter (and I hope that she doesn't), then it would be the future. She would be largely unfettered there, and she would be free to construct whatever plot devices she needs within the context of some stories (or series of related stories) that she wants to tell. The Founders have to end with Salazar Slytherin walking away. The Marauders have to end with Voldemort's first downfall. The latter in particular wouldn't leave much room for story. Albus Potter or Rose Weasley doesn't have to do anything, except tell a story by whatever means necessary.

If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there. - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
Old July 27th, 2011, 4:33 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post
The big problem is that this wouldn't describe a story, but stuff that might happen in a story. Now, some story might arise from what this leads people to do (much the way that, say, Sirius Black escaping from Azkaban leads to a story about Harry learning to separate easy "truths" from hard ones), but the key would be: what story could fit in the existing plot restrictions?

This is an old problem with prequels, even if they go "way back": too much of the plot is already determined, and instead of plot being devised to serve a story, you get story shoe-horned into plot. As the Star Wars prequels showed, that usually leads to "no story at all."

If Rowling did return to Harry Potter (and I hope that she doesn't), then it would be the future. She would be largely unfettered there, and she would be free to construct whatever plot devices she needs within the context of some stories (or series of related stories) that she wants to tell. The Founders have to end with Salazar Slytherin walking away. The Marauders have to end with Voldemort's first downfall. The latter in particular wouldn't leave much room for story. Albus Potter or Rose Weasley doesn't have to do anything, except tell a story by whatever means necessary.
i don't think it really matters as long as it predates the founding of hogwarts. That way we don;t know any of the story.

Last edited by lord_moldywort; July 27th, 2011 at 4:37 am.
Old July 27th, 2011, 4:55 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post

What kind of story would you propose she write? What would be possible plotlines? Do you think she would create another Dark Lord or go in a completely different direction?

Proud Gryffindor

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References