Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old May 5th, 2011, 9:13 am
Fourth Year

Re: Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Aside from the Encyclopedia, I would probably be over the moon if JKR decided to write a book set during the time of the founding of Hogwarts. Or a novel centering on Dumbledore's life.

I don't think I would read any novels set in the HP world not written by JKR, just as I have no interest in reading the sequel to Gone With the Wind. Even if the plot would be approved by her, it just wouldn't be the same, IMO

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2011, 6:54 pm
First Year

I honestly think that a prequel series would be better but not based around Lily and James and the Marauders. I think the best place for a prequel series would be either the struggle against Grindewald or set during the time of the Founders (something along the lines of Knights of the Old Republic in the Star Wars universe). It would be interesting to see the exact reasons why the Founders formed Hogwarts and what sort of world they lived in.

Old May 8th, 2011, 3:02 am
First Year

It would most definately be possible for her to write 1,000 books in this series simply because the world JK made is so vast and immersive. She can write about so many different things. The fact is though it would NEVER measure up to Harry Potter. Not even close

Old May 8th, 2011, 3:16 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChosenOne5X View Post
It would most definately be possible for her to write 1,000 books in this series simply because the world JK made is so vast and immersive. She can write about so many different things. The fact is though it would NEVER measure up to Harry Potter. Not even close
Well she could still try. People like you who share this viewpoint are too scared of failure. "A loser is not someone who tries and fails, a loser is someone who fails to try." She is a great writer and great writer's can't simply not write she will one day return to write in the Potterverse (hopefully soon).

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old May 8th, 2011, 3:58 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Star View Post
Aside from the Encyclopedia, I would probably be over the moon if JKR decided to write a book set during the time of the founding of Hogwarts. Or a novel centering on Dumbledore's life.

I don't think I would read any novels set in the HP world not written by JKR, just as I have no interest in reading the sequel to Gone With the Wind. Even if the plot would be approved by her, it just wouldn't be the same, IMO

As someone who did read the sequel to Gone with the Wind, I can testify to the fact that it didn't come close. It was a fun read, but it was no Margaret Mitchell.

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:40 pm
Second Year

I would like to see a book (or book series) based on another magical student instead of the characters we already know, either during the 19 years after the battle or during Albus Severus's time at Hogwarts.

"Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

Proud Hufflepuff

Friend -- For the Greater Good
Old May 26th, 2011, 3:17 am
First Year

It certainly would be interesting if another book about the Wizarding world was written. While it appears there is no more antagonist, I would say that a world without some antagonist would be inconceivable. I would like to see a book dealing with Malfoys putting them into the spotlight. We should consider just what that particular family is like and possibly what could be creeping in that odd history of theirs. We could also go an alternative route and explore magic in which we've not seen before, eastern or middle eastern, stepping out of tradition, or even tribal magic or voodoo from the American side of things etc... there are just so many different things that can be done.

Scorpius Fanfic
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:41 am
Second Year

I want parts of the series through Hermione's perspective to be penned by Jo. There is SO much of that character that is yet to be understood. Its clear through her actions, but since she is the most closed of the three characters (well Harry is actually, but we know what he thinks because its his perspective), and I really still love her all the same, I would love to read about her motivations and her childhood and exactly how she evolved through the years in Hogwarts. I know an entire series is impossible, but just insights into her character through her perspective in important moments would be awesome.

Maybe Jo should consider that. After all Hermione is her favourite character (I was shocked when she said Harry recently, because before that I always got the impression that it was actually hermione).

Old May 28th, 2011, 10:13 am
First Year

There are so many possibilities!

I like the idea about a book from Neville's point of view of Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows.

I also think a book about the immediate aftermath, ie the first year or two, after the war would be good - about the characters picking up the pieces of what is left over of their previous lives.

I would welcome anything JK writes about Harry's magical world but these two ideas are would I would most like to see.

Old June 19th, 2011, 3:55 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by talt View Post
I honestly think that a prequel series would be better but not based around Lily and James and the Marauders. I think the best place for a prequel series would be either the struggle against Grindewald or set during the time of the Founders (something along the lines of Knights of the Old Republic in the Star Wars universe). It would be interesting to see the exact reasons why the Founders formed Hogwarts and what sort of world they lived in.
I love the idea of a prequel! It would be great to see how Hogwarts came to existence and the lives of the founders are revealed.

Pottermore Profile:
OwlPurple114
House: Ravenclaw
Wand Specifics: 12 1/4 in...Cedar...Phoenix Feather...Unbending

Proud Member of the House of Ravenclaw
Old June 19th, 2011, 6:43 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChosenOne5X View Post
She can write about so many different things.
Well, we're yet to see evidence of that.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old June 19th, 2011, 6:56 pm
First Year

I would honestly read anything about the world of Harry Potter. A prequel set in the marauders time, or a book about Dumbledore and Grindelwald, or even a book about the founder's of Hogwarts, you name, I'll read it

" Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

Old June 19th, 2011, 9:18 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapes_Girl View Post
I love the idea of a prequel! It would be great to see how Hogwarts came to existence and the lives of the founders are revealed.
I'm glad you share this view. I would write a fanfic on it but I've really got too many ideas for stories floating around in my head anyway (including a couple of HP fanfics) that I don't think I'd get any of them finished in a lifetime.

I think going into the future is a possibility, but then why would a new Dark Lord be intimidating if he wasn't more dangerous than Voldermort and wouldn't that take away from the impact of the first series?

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:40 pm
Third Year

I would love, more than anything, a book or series on the Maurader's Era. There is/could be so much content on that, and some of the most beloved characters of the fans are from that time period. I personally would like a lot more information on James, who is my favorite Maurader, who we have the least background information on of any of them. It would be awesome to read about Snape as well, and the interaction he had with Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Plus I'd like to know what they got up to on a daily basis as we only have the highlights of their years at Hogwarts.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:49 pm
Second Year

If JK writes anymore novels set in the world she created for HP I'd personally prefer it if it was about someone/events that have nothing to do with the HP series. Failing that a book about the founders or Dumbledore/Grindelwald would be pretty fascinating.

Old June 20th, 2011, 8:33 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
I would love, more than anything, a book or series on the Maurader's Era. There is/could be so much content on that, and some of the most beloved characters of the fans are from that time period. I personally would like a lot more information on James, who is my favorite Maurader, who we have the least background information on of any of them. It would be awesome to read about Snape as well, and the interaction he had with Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Plus I'd like to know what they got up to on a daily basis as we only have the highlights of their years at Hogwarts.
The danger of this is that it might end as a Lucasequel (which refers to the fact that the prequel trilogy was basically a rehash of the original trilogy but with rubbish characters and ludricrous special effects), which would be very disappointing. I would however like to see James Potter alive at some point. (I can't believe that we have seen all of his personality in a few memories of Severus Snape and the HP Prequel.

Old June 20th, 2011, 9:41 am
First Year

If there was ever future novels then I would like to see more about the 10-11 years before Harry went to Hogwarts, after voldemort was defeated and the celebrations were held.
Or I would also like to read about voldemort when he was in power and the whole thing around dumbledore and the prophecy. I know we had an insight into it but would be nice to go into more detail about the friendship and the Order when the Potters were in it.

Old June 20th, 2011, 9:07 pm
First Year

I wonder if we will see future books following the kids in 19 years from now. Or 15 from now I guess (since Deathly Hallows came out 4 years ago). If you think about it it would be pretty smart. The current Potter fan generation would be older, and still interested, but it would establish a new set of stories for the newer generation of readers, basically doing the same thing that the Star Wars prequels did, (although I'm sure they'd be better than the Star Wars prequels.) What do you guys think?

Old June 20th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

well, having more books about Potter and company certainly makes sense. a chapter on the Mauraders, more on Lily and Petunia, more on Tom Riddle's background, etc.

Old June 20th, 2011, 10:48 pm
First Year

I'd like to read something about the Marauders. There's a lot of that left unanswered like how they became animagi and I'd love to read about James and Lily. It'd be interesting to see more about James. We only see him through the bias of those who feel strongly for him. Snape hated him and Sirius and Remus loved him. What's he really like? Lily's perspective on the whole thing would be awesome!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References