Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old December 30th, 2007, 2:33 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape/Trapdoor Champion

Re: JK Rowling's TIME interview: book 8 possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwartsChaplain View Post
TIME magazine has an interview with J.K. Rowling-- long and interesting. At the end, she says that it is possible that in 10 years or so, she may write another book about HP's wizarding world, though she doesn't expect that Harry will be the main character.
Hmm...I read that in papers...I am happy-sad...Happy because heck I get to read another Potter book (or atleast a magical book) but sad because it will not be published for another 10 years...

I cried, when I saw the "It all ends!" banner!!

But now I know, it never will....
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2007, 3:19 pm
Third Year

Quote:
TIME magazine has an interview with J.K. Rowling-- long and interesting. At the end, she says that it is possible that in 10 years or so, she may write another book about HP's wizarding world, though she doesn't expect that Harry will be the main character.
That would be really cool! 10 years...

[center]SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
~Rose and Scorpius' story about love~
Old December 31st, 2007, 2:51 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
10 years? that would be great...but sooooo long to wait!!!

Because of Edward Cullen...I'm staying single until I find a vampire
Old December 31st, 2007, 3:16 am
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariebeth83
10 years? that would be great...but sooooo long to wait!!!
I would be willing to wait fifty years if it meant getting another Harry Potter-related book (of course, I hope I am still around by that time).

In the Pottercast interview, JKR jocularly states that The Scottish Book could take ten years. I would not mind this in the slightest, since I do not want her to be rushed in creating another book/encyclopedia. We fans have been awfully demanding, so she deserves some time off (hopefully answering queries here and there, a couple of times a year).

As for the books not based around Harry, I have mixed feelings. Part of me wants to know as much as I can about the Harry Potter universe, but the other part does not want Harry's world tarnished by another character's story in the world.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old December 31st, 2007, 3:36 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Re: Future Novels in the HP World.

I'd like to know more about the next generation. Especially Albus Severus and Scorpius.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old December 31st, 2007, 3:55 am
Rex's Mummy

In the clip of the family tree, as she's writing out Harry and Ginny's kids, she says Albus Severus is the one she is most innterested in. I think that if there were another books about the HP world, an actual book, not an encyclopedia type thing, then in would be mainly about him. I think it would be really cool if it were, because if it were from his point of view like the past ones have been Harry's, then we could see how she writes things like dealing with family, parents and siblings. We've seen that through the Weasleys and such, yes, but always from and outside view, never right from the main character, since Harry was by himself. I tihnk it would be really interesting.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old December 31st, 2007, 4:13 am
Second Year

I agree that a book or series about Albus would be great. The epilouge would be the perfect beginning for it. Seven years of adventures in the HP world without having to revisit Harry's years. Perfect as JK has stated that Harry's story is done. ( Although of course we would have some snippets of his life as Albus's dad. Just a bonus.)

Old December 31st, 2007, 6:35 am
Rex's Mummy

I would love a new book just to see them all as adults. I mean, I really want to get to know their kids, but I really want to see how they are as parents. I kind of think Hermione would actually be a lot like Molly, and that Ginny would be a lot like Lily.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old December 31st, 2007, 6:39 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Hermione would be the antithesis of Molly.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old December 31st, 2007, 6:39 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8m57w6 View Post
I would love a new book just to see them all as adults. I mean, I really want to get to know their kids, but I really want to see how they are as parents. I kind of think Hermione would actually be a lot like Molly, and that Ginny would be a lot like Lily.
We don't really know anything about Lily as a parent though, so we have nothing to compare it to. I imagine Ginny being more like Molly than she would like to admit.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old December 31st, 2007, 10:40 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Druid View Post
I imagine Ginny being more like Molly than she would like to admit.
I'm totally with you on that one. I think there's a lot of Molly in Ginny.

And as far as future HP novels go, the characters I am most interested in are Al Severus, Scorpius (and Rose ) and Teddy Lupin.

Old December 31st, 2007, 1:32 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Between an eigth book and the scottish book, I think I would prefer the latter, and after 10 years, I really hope Jo tells us about everything in the wonderful world of Harry Potter.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old December 31st, 2007, 2:03 pm
Fifth Year

For there to be another narrative book or series of books, there would have to be an arch villain. This villain cannot be a Voldemort clone, nor can he or she be a Deatheater from the current Harry Potter series. Tyrants in general try to weed out those capable of leading. Voldemort would have disposed of such a person.

This new villain would have to have a different motivation than Voldemort, and would have to in some way be worse than Voldemort.

Old December 31st, 2007, 3:25 pm
[user title]

There would probably be some death eaters in training that were going to Durmstrang. Then you always have Marieetta, trying to get back at Hermoine for the sneek spell she put on the parchment that ruined her life or Umberige. I think that wearing Vldemort's locket would be just enought to push her to be openly evil.

Old December 31st, 2007, 7:45 pm
Second Year

Last night on Fox news I heard that she might do an 8th book Under Potter Author Hints at 8th Novel in the series she admits at a monents of weakness that her Oldest Daughter may presssure her into doing an 8 th book , but if she does decide to do it that Harry will not be the central charater of the book, that she might put his children or Teddy as the central charater , but only she knows who that central Character will be and it was also under Harry Potter may make a Comeback , but personally I think it's great if she decides to make a Harry Potter encyclopedia and then do an 8th book it would be great because who knows she may explain everything in both books , what Harry , Ron, and Hermione's jobs are and all that other stuff . But we'll see who knows.

I love Butterbeer and my Firebolt broomstick

I can't wait to read book 7
Old December 31st, 2007, 8:04 pm
First Year

I think a little time away is best for everyuone. It gives Jo a little time to regroup, spend some time with her family, and explore other genres. If she writes an 8th book I think it should be in about 5 years or so. And personally i would way rather have an 8th book than the HP Encyclopedia in a few years.

Old December 31st, 2007, 8:43 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

If she does an 8th book I hope it's a long time from now, at least 10 years. I think that will help separate from this series and let it stand on its own, which is what I think a non-HP novel set in Potterverse needs.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old December 31st, 2007, 8:50 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

I'm hoping that she doesn't write an 8th book. The only other book that I would like her to write is the Encyclopedia. Any other book contained in the Potterverse could become too similar to the first seven. I would be very scared if she announced a new book, whether it's in a year, 10 years or 20.

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old December 31st, 2007, 9:01 pm
Second Year

I hope there's not another book. I liked the ending and was sappily happy with the "and everyone lived happily ever after" feeling it gave me. I don't want to worry about any new horrible things threatening the Trio and their families. They've all been through enough terror, sadness and pain and deserve happiness and peace from now on.
I would like a prequel and an encyclopedia though.

Old December 31st, 2007, 9:19 pm
WendyPotter

Bring on the 8th book, Jo! *dances*

~WendyPotter

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References