Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old October 30th, 2007, 9:09 pm
Third Year

Re: Future Novels in the HP World.

Yes, I agree. Salem would be a good choice.

They can't just have Harry Potter stroll up to Umbridge and say, "Morning, old hag, mind if I have that Horcrux 'round your neck? Sorry to trouble you."
-what Harry could have done to save time at the Ministry

DH Movie(s) thread
Invece mi reap dolore, mai speranza

Proud Ravenclaw and Novelist/Critic

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:53 pm
First Year

Um, where's Salem? I've only ever heard of it associated with Witches. (Salem Witch Trials...) But I can't wait to see what JKR can cook up next, because she is gonna continue writing, even if it isn't Harry Potter.

Old October 31st, 2007, 1:58 pm
Second Year

If it had to be set somewhere else, it'd have to be somewhere else in Europe. I just cringe at the thought of an Americanised Harry Potter (esque) novel.

I think they were perfect how they are and if a spin off or more novels were done, they'd have to be set in Britain, and if not, Europe.

"Dark and difficult times lay ahead, soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy"

My wand: 12", Holly, Dragon Heartstring.
My Patronus: A Snake
My Animagus: A Wolf
Old October 31st, 2007, 8:35 pm
First Year

Yeah Salem is in Massachusetts that is what my most thought of idea was another saga about more of the wizarding world, and the other schools. Then we could be introduced to new community (good & bad) of wizards.It would be cool to become familiar with new characters that could somehow all have to comer together in the end to make a huge valiant effort to rid the wizarding world of someone or something that LV did smartly before he died. I have though of tuns of different situations but I'm settling for re-reading the books over again for the 3rd time,....lol!

PS- A little off topic but if you loved Harry Potter I have a GREAT recommendation of a read for you! The 1st book is called: Leven Thumps & the Gateway to Foo. There are a book 2 and 3 plus 4th one on the way. I can say with certainty you'll really enjoy this story.

Stop on by my site if ya like by clicking on the banner below. Then take a peek at the Harry Potter Club & Fan Art!!

"I LOVE HARRY POTTER!"
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:07 pm
First Year

does anyone have any info on the encyclopedia that she is supposedly writing?

Old November 6th, 2007, 3:58 am
First Year

I reckon a book from either Ginny, Luna, Neville's or all three of there points of views during DH would be really cool

"THE MARAUDERS"

Last edited by Jld; November 6th, 2007 at 4:01 am.
Old November 7th, 2007, 5:44 am
First Year

I thought I read somewhere that she did want to write more, but that she wanted to write for herself more than for the world at large (like she wrote Philosopher's Stone), which makes sense. It was almost like she wanted to try to do it all over again.

Last edited by Moriath; November 7th, 2007 at 8:25 am. Reason: suspicious website
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:57 am
Second Year

did you guys know that there's going to be a sequel in the Harry Potter series ? look:
http://www.elderscrossing.com/wizard.html

Old November 16th, 2007, 7:15 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusPotter View Post
did you guys know that there's going to be a sequel in the Harry Potter series ? look:
http://www.elderscrossing.com/wizard.html
Is this for real? It looks real!

And so, when their day is over, when their good and their evil have become eternal by the immortality of the past, be it ours to feel that, where they suffered, where they failed, no deed of ours was the cause; but wherever a spark of the divine fire kindled in their hearts, we were ready with encouragement, with sympathy, with brave words in which high courage glowed.
Old November 16th, 2007, 4:02 pm
First Year

I know it sure does. Even if it's not by J.K. Rowling like it says I'll be very interested in reading it. Due to my HP addiction. I hope it's great so we can get some more!

Stop on by my site if ya like by clicking on the banner below. Then take a peek at the Harry Potter Club & Fan Art!!

"I LOVE HARRY POTTER!"
Old November 16th, 2007, 5:18 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

I don't want any more books from the Harry Potter World, except the Encyclopedia JKR has promised. I'd hate to have another book from a secondary character's point of view, as I feel it would cheapen the books. I'm happy with what we've got already

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old November 18th, 2007, 1:26 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

For the purposes of fanfiction, I would propose a plot about a lost Time Turner. Eventhough Hermione turned her's in, I think Albus Dumbledore would have had something to do with its return. I reckon Albus held on to it for safe keeping with the intent that it be guarded by the one person he had the most faith in: Harry.

In the plot, Harry finds out that Dumbledore hid this away for him, but it is taken by those who wish to stop Harry from defeating Voldemort, thus changing the past. However, as Harry and his friends discover more about the possible consequences of meddling with time, they realise that more is at stake than just Voldemort returning to power; all creation could be undone!

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old November 24th, 2007, 4:17 am
First Year

She should definitely continue writing novels. It's like LOTR, any book written on the story is going to instantly turn to gold.

I know she has millions of dollars(euros?), and she doesn't need any more money. So she should do it for her fans(millions of people across the world).

Old November 24th, 2007, 12:10 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheElves View Post
Yeah, like an American school! I wonder where it would be?
There were a few American witches at the Quidditch World cup, and they had a banner 'The Salem witches Institute'

I would definitly like to read the Tales of Beadle the Barde.
And I would like to read about Dumbledore's past (how did he win the unbeatable wand?, what was his relation with Grindelwald like?) and about the Marauders youth!
She might do another charity with backstory or include some of it in the encyclopedia. But on the whole I think she used most of her most brillant ideas for the Potterverse, Harry's story is told and there are so many rules she has established that it would restrict her fantasy (though she did contradict herself now and then).
Another book would still be good but IMO she is right, I'm looking foreward to read something new!!!!!

Last edited by Murzim; November 24th, 2007 at 12:14 pm.
Old November 24th, 2007, 9:50 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st11 View Post
She should definitely continue writing novels. It's like LOTR, any book written on the story is going to instantly turn to gold.
While I would love to see another Potterverse book I think it would have to be really carefully done so as not to dilute the quality of the origional 7 which is what the story was planned as at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st11 View Post
I know she has millions of dollars(euros?),
Pounds

Old November 26th, 2007, 6:00 pm
The Godfather

It's a question of motivation, really. If she thinks that the story is best told in the vignettes provided by the encyclopedia, I don't see JKR writing any more books. If she does, they'll be totally disconnected from the characters she's developed to date.

While I'm curious to more backstory from the Marauder Era, prequels have no real appeal to me because the stories are confined by the canon and dogma established in the original story.

In my mind, that's why Star Trek: The Next Generation worked because it took something familiar and carried it forward and the newer Star Wars movies did not, because it forced to cram a storyline into a known result.

Thanks to cybobbie for the awesome sig pic!
Thanks to the best fanclub in the world!

My Fanfics:
A History of Magic: Part II - Beyond the Epilogue
Teddy Lupin and the Legacy of the Marauders ; A History of Magic: The Harry Potter Era (on hiatus); You Are Cordially Invited... (First Attempt)
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:42 am
First Year

Voldemort's life from the time he left Hogwarts until he killed Lily and James. I would kill to read that.

Old November 28th, 2007, 12:31 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by interferon View Post
Voldemort's life from the time he left Hogwarts until he killed Lily and James. I would kill to read that.
Well, that sounds very STAR WARSish...

Several popular novels and movies have shown the early days of their heroes and villians, so it is not out of the realm of possibility. However, unlike other novels that would show what happened to the characters in their later lives, or introduces whole new characters in the Potterverse, looking into the early years of Tom Riddle's life would have to be told by JKR or no one at all.

Post Story can be molded by fanfictioners without screwing up the core story, but backstory must be told by the creator only, so as to maintain the integrity of the character's persona that led him or her to choices in life that sent him or her to the conclusion of the main storyline.

Some things could be told by fanfictioners that could not change the core story, such as the Longbottoms' careers and, upto and including their tortures at Belatrix's hands. But, you could not write about Hermione's early childhood in the Muggle World, or things that Hermione did during her Summers at home, because that might change what shaped her into the snooty, bookwormish, know-it-all that she turned into.

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old November 28th, 2007, 2:22 pm
First Year

Rowling eventually writes Dumbledore vs Gendelewald

I am sure Rowling will write a prequel about The relationship including Dumbledores love for Grindelwald (none acted upon).
One book ending with the actual battle between them and Dumbledores contacting TOM (Voldemort).

Old November 28th, 2007, 2:26 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Rowling eventually writes Dumbledore vs Gendelewald

I doubt it. It will probably be mentioned in the encyclopedia she's said she's going to write, but I don't think she's going to write any more novels about the Potterverse.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References