Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old December 11th, 2011, 11:29 pm
First Year

Re: Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

I would love a book about Snape's life starting as a young boy going up all the way to his death. It would be interesting to see how he became a double agent, the decisions he had to make, etc. His troubled life just seems so intriguing to me!
Also, I think a book about the next generation's school days would be lovely. I would love to see how the dynamics of their parents relationships with each other had an impact on the children...if any.

Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2011, 4:43 pm
First Year

I think that one of the kid's point of view would be milking the same story too much but I would love to see the 1900's war(Grindelwald) and the first war through Albus's Perspective.
You know stuff like what he did in the summer's when he wasn't at school and all the travels of Albus Dumbledore...

Old December 19th, 2011, 4:40 am
First Year

(LOTR Spoiler): In JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, Bilbo find's a magic ring that turn's him invisible. Tolkien presents it as a charming, amusing but a somewhat small detail in the overall book. However, in the sequel, The Lord of the Rings, that ring turns out to be the key to the Dark Lord' Sauron's power. Perhaps a Harry Potter sequel could do something similar, where a small embellishment from the original series turns out to be really important.

Old December 19th, 2011, 9:44 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeagher101 View Post
(LOTR Spoiler): In JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, Bilbo find's a magic ring that turn's him invisible. Tolkien presents it as a charming, amusing but a somewhat small detail in the overall book. However, in the sequel, The Lord of the Rings, that ring turns out to be the key to the Dark Lord' Sauron's power. Perhaps a Harry Potter sequel could do something similar, where a small embellishment from the original series turns out to be really important.
I thought of that too but I haven't noticed anything like that in the Harry Potter Book's..Have You??
Anyway from what i've heard the lord of the ring's had lot's of false starts until he found the one ring story.......

Old December 19th, 2011, 1:40 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rao View Post
I thought of that too but I haven't noticed anything like that in the Harry Potter Book's..Have You??
Anyway from what i've heard the lord of the ring's had lot's of false starts until he found the one ring story.......
Isn't the veil in the Department of Mysteries something that could be pretty interesting.

Old December 19th, 2011, 8:07 pm
First Year

I think that there could be whole series of novels after the events of the story much like Star Wars has an expanded universe. Rowling could be have ghostwriters for the novels and I think that would be great for the series as a whole.

Old December 21st, 2011, 6:50 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rao View Post
Well, after reading Deathly Hallows, I was somewhat suspicious about the invisibility cloak. It makes you invisible, is used strategically in many point by Harry, and it turns it, an evil Dark Lord, Death, made it. Sound familiar, its just like the Ring. Although I don't think Rowling should use this idea in a future book, as it would be an obvious rip-off of Tolkien. Just wanted to point it out.

Seriously, how about Time Turners? Maybe they were all crafted by an Evil Lord of Time?

Old December 21st, 2011, 7:24 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbo View Post
I think that there could be whole series of novels after the events of the story much like Star Wars has an expanded universe. Rowling could be have ghostwriters for the novels and I think that would be great for the series as a whole.
Technically, the EU writers aren't ghosts as the novels appear under their own names.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:17 am
First Year

how about if not any future books then maybe j.k can release the whole harry potter series in 1 volume, leatherbound and brilliant, then have after each book notes for each of them....

Old December 23rd, 2011, 7:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetpotter View Post
how about if not any future books then maybe j.k can release the whole harry potter series in 1 volume, leatherbound and brilliant, then have after each book notes for each of them....
That would be HUGE. It would be really think, but with small width and length. I had to carry a similarly oddly proportioned for school once. It sucked. Not only was it heavy, but it took up a lot more volume than it needed to because of its unusual shape. (FYI, it was Perrine's Literature). If she were to release them all in one volume, I'd do it as an eBook.

Old December 25th, 2011, 2:56 am
Second Year

Quote:
This would be awesome.

and the veil would be a great thing to use as that central object

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old December 25th, 2011, 6:12 am
Third Year

Cool idea! We also have the lost and not recovered resurrection stone, the invisibility cloak, Mad Eye's Eye, The Half-Blood Prince's not-quite-destroyed potions book, Bellatrix's knife, anything from Weasley's Wheeses...

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old December 28th, 2011, 12:40 pm
First Year

Quote:
That would be HUGE. It would be really think, but with small width and length. I had to carry a similarly oddly proportioned for school once. It sucked. Not only was it heavy, but it took up a lot more volume than it needed to because of its unusual shape. (FYI, it wTas Perrine's Literature). If she were to release them all in one volume, I'd do it as an eBook.
I would like to think if not in a massive book then release them again as leather bound copies in the style of hogwarts books with extensive notes, character BIOS and art work on each chapter all layered out in the form of a hogwarts book, maybe have an introduction from j.k in the style of her wizard world counterpart....

Last edited by prophetpotter; December 30th, 2011 at 6:33 pm.
Old January 4th, 2012, 1:42 pm
First Year

This is something me and my friends have been discussing a lot recently.
We completely want to see more but I don't think I want any more novels though an interesting story would be Voldemort's childhood as Tom Riddle, I always felt there was more to his school days that I wanted to know like if he was so popular how did he manage to sneak of to the chamber and did he trust anyone at school. I think the only books JK should bring out now would have to be on the past like Voldemort's, the Marauders and Dumbledores; I feel Harry's story is over and his kids are happy enough left in the short epilogue.

Old January 9th, 2012, 4:50 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetpotter View Post
I would like to think if not in a massive book then release them again as leather bound copies in the style of hogwarts books with extensive notes, character BIOS and art work on each chapter all layered out in the form of a hogwarts book, maybe have an introduction from j.k in the style of her wizard world counterpart....
I really like this idea. Kind of like a book form of Pottermore then? With the artwork and extra info? I think that Pottermore is the closet thing to what you're describing, so the chances of your idea is slim. Which is unfortunate . Hopefully we'll still get an encyclopedia though!

Old January 17th, 2012, 4:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

after my husband saw DH- part two, he thought that the next generation of kids would make a great movie, but I think a book should be written first. We can only hope Jo is doing something important.

Old January 17th, 2012, 4:45 am
Second Year

We can hope. But maybe not about just Harry's kids. Maybe about someone from another house perhaps, and their adventures.

I'm a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin World!

snape lives imho
Old January 17th, 2012, 5:01 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I will read any book that JK Rowling writes, wouldn't you? Think of it though, she wrote 7 novels, in roughly ten years, I hope she is taking a well deserved rest. Not many first time authors undertake what she did. These were not five and dime novels, but well written full length novels.

Old January 17th, 2012, 6:03 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I will read any book that JK Rowling writes, wouldn't you?
No.

Quote:
Think of it though, she wrote 7 novels, in roughly ten years, I hope she is taking a well deserved rest. Not many first time authors undertake what she did. These were not five and dime novels, but well written full length novels.
Seven novels in 10 years is fairly modest, especially when compared to the output of the likes of Harlan Ellison who, admittedly, is insanely prolific across most media.

Most mainstream authors publish at about a novel per year.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 17th, 2012, 6:35 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
after my husband saw DH- part two, he thought that the next generation of kids would make a great movie, but I think a book should be written first. We can only hope Jo is doing something important.
Pottermore? IMO that's about all the HP we're going to get including a print encyclopedia.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References