Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The All Inclusive HBP Thread v11

View Poll Results: Who or what is Laurasia?
Where did you get this name from? 37 33.64%
A guest on Slughorn's party. 22 20.00%
A waitress on Slughorn's party. 9 8.18%
The pineapple brand on Slughorn's party. 8 7.27%
It's actually a continent. 31 28.18%
Something else. 9 8.18%
We want a serious poll, Gertie! 34 30.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 11th, 2008, 6:47 pm
Eldest Gruff

The All Inclusive HBP Thread v11

The eleventh instalment of HBP Movie Thread. For reference: #10.

Enjoy, but please make sure to keep an actual discussion in here. Squeeing on occasion is just fine, but if overdone, posts will get deleted. Please use the Pitchside for chatting.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2008, 6:51 pm
Second Year

Re: The All Inclusive HBP Thread v10 - Now with Trailer Polls!

Deepest apologies if this has been talked about a bajillion times but looking at this photo of Lupin..

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/...bum=503&pos=20

Are they shooting to make him more Wolflike in appearance? From the book I remember Harry saying he looked "ragged and lined as ever" but nothing about him being more wolflike.

Does anyone else notice this and do you think filmmakers did this to make him seem more wolfish?

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Old August 11th, 2008, 7:02 pm
Second Year

Re: The All Inclusive HBP Thread v 11

I dont think, hes that much more wolfish...I think its just an *action* shot and thats his "grrr im gunna blow you to smithereens" look

I have a Niffler Patronus, so a warning to all dementors...Protect your Blingage
Old August 11th, 2008, 7:08 pm
Second Year

Re: The All Inclusive HBP Thread v11

Yeah, I thought that for a second but his nose just looks so weird to me!

I'm just looking too much into it but in other action shots (aka in PoA) where he wards off the Dementors in the train he does not look like that at all.

In OotP, wasn't he asked to be 'underground' with the warewolves? Let's just SAY he looks more wolfish in HBP, do you think that's what they could be playing at?

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Old August 11th, 2008, 7:11 pm
Fifth Year

Re: The All Inclusive HBP Thread v 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBPadfoot View Post
I dont think, hes that much more wolfish...I think its just an *action* shot and thats his "grrr im gunna blow you to smithereens" look
Yeah, that and the incredibly poor quality of that pic (looks like it's been blown up far too big) distorts all his features. In the pic with the Weasleys he looks the same as ever.

Hopefully the script for HBP will have him be mentioned by name, it was beyond stupid to include him in OOTP and not even tell us his name. It's been 4 years since he was last addressed as 'Professor Lupin' on screen, and I just don't think there's much the film can do to beef up his character, he has been wasted so criminally. It's such a shame, Thewlis is really great in the role, and has great chemistry with Radcliffe. I guess this is what you get when a director/creative team cares more about the plot than the characters. Prove me wrong David Yates!

Old August 11th, 2008, 7:12 pm
Second Year

yeah but thats not really a battle shot...Lupin was alot tamer in PoA, hes just whoosing away a dementor, not full in battle or something which is what i see that other pic as, but its bad quality so i really dont know, but i just think its his expression, i dont think hes anymore wolfy

Quote:
Thewlis is really great in the role, and has great chemistry with Radcliffe. I guess this is what you get when a director/creative team cares more about the plot than the characters. Prove me wrong David Yates!
totally agree

I have a Niffler Patronus, so a warning to all dementors...Protect your Blingage
Old August 11th, 2008, 7:16 pm
Second Year

Okay, I don't want him to be more wolfish anyway; IMO the Lupin we all know and love is the more docile character that kept the Marauders at bay. I truly think that they SHOULDN'T make him more wolfish anyway and they do reintroduce him in this movie.

I too agree that Radcliffe and Lupin have great chemistry and I felt comforted when in PoA he mentored Harry and in OotP he was the one to grab Harry after his death as if to shelter him.

I really need to re-read HBP because Lupin's parts are somewhat vague to me right now.

Old August 11th, 2008, 7:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Regarding the poll, I believe Laurasia is the waitress that they said Harry has a sort-of crush on. I can't remember the details, but I bet that is her.

Old August 11th, 2008, 8:05 pm
Fourth Year

I really think that how Lupin has been in PoA and OoTP thus far was fine for his role! I mean he is suppose to be among the likes of Greyback and other people like Greyback, so I bet this is why they wanted him to look more wolf like! But still even in that case I would make him look less like a wolf; just to show the difference between him and Greyback!

Yes I like how Radcliffe and Lupin worked so well together; they did very well in all their parts in PoA and in OoTp. But I think the strongest one they had; was after Sirius died. I think that showed their connection better than any time in PoA,IMO.

Let us never forget Those who gave their lives to save our freedom
Old August 11th, 2008, 8:09 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Regarding the poll, I believe Laurasia is the waitress that they said Harry has a sort-of crush on. I can't remember the details, but I bet that is her.
I don't think it is mentioned anywhere that Harry will have a crush or flirt with the waitress. ALL that we know is that there will be "a scene between Harry and a waitress that shows how much Harry has matured" or something like that. We don't even know how the two characters will interact. With this little information, let's not jump to conclusion that they will have Harry do something that is completely out of character (of course, it's still possible that they will do it, and I hope they won't ).

Last edited by ThaiHPFan; August 11th, 2008 at 8:12 pm.
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:12 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiHPFan View Post
I don't think it is mentioned anywhere that Harry will have a crush or flirt with the waitress. ALL that we know is that there will be "a scene between Harry and a waitress that shows how much Harry has matured" or something like that. We don't even know how the two characters will interact. With this little information, let's not jump to conclusion that they will have Harry do something that is completely out of character (of course, it's still possible that they will do it, and I hope they won't ).
I don't recall the exact wording either, but I don't think it was "mature" and I think maybe something "sexual" was thrown in. I thought it also said something about "flirt".

No matter. I think it'll be a quick scene and I seriously doubt that Yates is going to make Harry into a "player". I really do see a scene where the waitress flirts with him, as part of the "Chosen One" aspect of Harry now (like Romilda) and Harry will probably feel sheepish, as well as feel some confidence in himself as a "man-boy" - girls are noticing him, even if it's not the girl he wants to notice him. That can make some young men feel good about themselves. Nothing wrong with that. It might actually be humorous.

I'm not that worried.

EDIT:

IMDB states exactly who Laurasia is. Am I allowed to post it?

We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for[ another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression. A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement -- this is the sum of good government. ---Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by ladykrystyna; August 11th, 2008 at 10:16 pm. Reason: Addition
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:31 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykrystyna View Post

Maybe with spoiler tags?

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:33 pm
Eldest Gruff

Quote:
Oh no! I had so much fun with that poll.

(Yay, sure. I more or less poked on the long-term speculation in last thread, but I think heard some true solution of the question in there, too.)

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:46 pm
Fifth Year

Okay, I'll put it in. It's not really a spoiler at all in my opinion, except that I guess it spoils Gertie's poll Sorry, Gertie.

But I'll do it in spoiler tags, just in case. I don't want to tick anyone off!

Spoiler: show
She's listed on IMDB as a Hogwarts' student that was not in the books.

Discuss.

We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for[ another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression. A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement -- this is the sum of good government. ---Thomas Jefferson

Old August 11th, 2008, 10:48 pm
Fourth Year

bah, why can't they just use someone who is actually in the books?

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:51 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseelf25 View Post
bah, why can't they just use someone who is actually in the books?
Well, honestly, it could mean that they needed to give a name to someone that appeared in a scene. Who knows. She's probably Romilda's friend or just another Hogwarts student that has a "crush" on Harry.

Or could it be like "Lavendar" in PoA. We're all still wondering what scene she was in. I still thought she was the black girl in the hospital wing scene after the Dementor attack during Quidditch!

So, maybe this will be the same.

Again, I'm not worried much.

Old August 11th, 2008, 11:50 pm
Seventh Year

Not to get off the current toipc (), but does anybody when the theatrical trailer will be released? Because i haven't had the internet for a few days, and i wasn't sure if i missed it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Old August 12th, 2008, 12:16 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
Not to get off the current toipc (), but does anybody when the theatrical trailer will be released? Because i haven't had the internet for a few days, and i wasn't sure if i missed it or not.

Thanks in advance.
This was discussed for a bit in v10, but i'll fill you back in. We have estimated a theatrical trailer to come out around late August or Early-Mid September, i don't know why ebveryone wants a theatrical ALREADY. We JUST got the teaser. What i want right now is a poster and a website. come on Warner Brothers!!! Is it really that hard?

Old August 12th, 2008, 12:54 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry5678 View Post
This was discussed for a bit in v10, but i'll fill you back in. We have estimated a theatrical trailer to come out around late August or Early-Mid September, i don't know why ebveryone wants a theatrical ALREADY. We JUST got the teaser. What i want right now is a poster and a website. come on Warner Brothers!!! Is it really that hard?
Well, I'm still excited to see ANOTHER trailer, mostly because this one was only about ONE thing. Yes, the most important thing. But it would still be nice to see other aspects of the movie, including more Tom stuff, The Cave, the Lightning Struck Tower, and, yes, even the romance and funny stuff.

I mean, they don't have to give me the entire movie in 30 seconds, but I'd like to see more. I'm getting pumped and I want to be more pumped. It's still THREE months away!

But I do agree with you that I'd love to see some posters and see what they have for the website, although I never really explored the other websites they had for the other movies. It's just neat to see.

But I'm definitely in the camp of MORE TRAILERS PLEASE, especially since they made us wait THIS long for the teaser one.

Old August 12th, 2008, 1:11 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK5555
OOOOHHHHH!

I am about 99% sure Tonks (Nat Tena) has more than one scene!

Well, we know she is in the one Burrow scene from the pic, but, there is another scene: The Hogwarts Express! We have confirmation from the pics of that scene, so who else could rescue Harry? No, Neville can't take another person's spot this time. It is Tonk's scene.
From Snitchseeker

Exclusive: Tonks has one scene in Half-Blood PrinceThe only scene Natalia has filmed for the movie, isn't actually in the book at all. She was only on set for the part where Death Eaters attack the Burrow at Christmas (where Harry & the Weasleys are present). She said that none of the angst of her character is there - indeed, she and Lupin are just suddenly a couple when they meet there.

And she talked about it on Pottercast - the Supercon edition.

PotterCast 153: SuperCon Florida Show Transcript - Part 1JN: So we know what's coming for you. (NT: Mm-hm.) Wow. This is so cool! (laughs) Okay. Is there anything you can tell us about what you've filmed so far for Half-Blood Prince.

NT: For Half-Blood Prince? I have to kind of fight invisi- oh, am I allowed to say that? I don't know. (MA: We won't tell.) I don't know how much I'm allowed to say about the next movie. (MA: We won't tell.) (JN laughs) (Audience cheers) But I have to kill some fire snakes. That's about it. (JN: Sweet.) Yeah.

MA: "That's about it"? That sounds pretty awesome. (Audience laughs)

NT: It was wicked. I got home at like five in the morning to my ex-boyfriend, and he's like, "How was your day?" And I was like, "Yeah, I killed some snakes." (Audience laughs) So it's good.

MA: Now, is that in that whole- we've seen, it's been officially revealed that there's a new scene in Half-Blood Prince which is where there's an attack on The Burrow. (NT: Mm-hm.) Is that part of all that? Because that's...

NT: Yeah, yeah. That's the bit.

MA: That's great. That's pretty awesome.

JN: That's gonna be so cool. (JN and MA laugh) We really like this stuff. (MA: Yeah, yeah.) We've been talking about it every week for two or three years now. So- (NT: Wow.) Yeah, this is our hundred and fifty-second show of this, but okay. Anyway. There's something you've said recently that got all of the fans in a tizzy, I guess, is relating to the end of the movie with Dumbledore's funeral, or lack thereof. Everybody's was wondering how that changes the movie, and if it has a different impact on how the movie ends and everybody...

NT: Yeah. Yeah, I was really sad, because I got the script and I really wanted that last bit. In the book, that's the point when, the whole film, she's been depressed, and that's the moment, when someone's just died, she's like (gasps) "I love you!" to the wolf dude. (JN and Audience laugh) (JN: Yes.) But they cut it all out, and I was really sad about that, because I really wanted to snog him in it. (Audience laughs) It'd be quite cool. But that's all gone now.

JN: Oh, it's all gone? (NT: Yeah.) Your relationship with Lupin?

NT: Well, now it's just kind of a given. In the middle, when they attack the Weasley house, I'm kinda with him.

JN: You're- (laughs) wow.

MA: (laughs) It's all off-script direction, just kind of...

NT: Yeah, it's meant to be a subtle thing, I touch his shoulder, or something, like we've obviously gone to bed a few times, (Audience laughs) or I don't know. (MA: Definitely.) Anyway. (MA laughs) Next question. (All laugh)

source

From everything that Nat Tena has said, she only filmed the one scene at the Burrow and was only on set for the filming of that scene. She didn't even get to see the entire script - she was only given the part for the scene she was in. That's how she knew they cut the part where Tonks told Lupin she loved him at the end - she never got a script for that.

Though that does put her comments about Dumbledore's funeral in a new light. Basically, all Nat Tena knows is that Tonks was cut from all that because she was never given that part of the script. She never saw the entire script so that scene could still be in - just minus Tonks.

Going back to the Hogwarts Express - we do know that this scene will be in and Draco will attack Harry on the train. However, in the sneak peak and pics that we've seen of that, there's been no sign of Tonks. And Nat Tena was pretty clear in that she only filmed one scene - as I pointed out above. So, while this scene is in, it will not be Tonks who rescues Harry from the train.

I think they will probably just cut the bit about Harry being late to the feast. They can easily have Ron and Hermione - or even better, Ginny - find Harry as they're leaving the train and have them go up to the feast together.

Quote:
Well, honestly, it could mean that they needed to give a name to someone that appeared in a scene. Who knows. She's probably Romilda's friend or just another Hogwarts student that has a "crush" on Harry.

Or could it be like "Lavendar" in PoA. We're all still wondering what scene she was in. I still thought she was the black girl in the hospital wing scene after the Dementor attack during Quidditch!

So, maybe this will be the same.

Again, I'm not worried much.
Maybe "Laurasia" is one of the infamous two missing girls from Gryffindor in Harry's year. Jo has been promising to reveal those two names for years now and she keeps forgetting.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References