Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

What if you were a Wizard?

Old November 11th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Second Year

What if you were a Wizard?

Title is self-explanatory.

What would you do if you were a wizard? How would you live? Where would you live? How would you like your life to be? When would you like to live?

And maybe what would you do and how would you live if you'd be someone with wizard powers, unique, that lives with muggles? How would you use your powers in that case?

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:33 pm
Second Year

Re: What if you were a Wizard?

Well that'd be AWESOME! Not that I'm a muggle anyway...
Well first of all: 'YAy! first time I'm first to post!'
And now getting back to the pointxD I would live here with my Muggle parents who wouldn't understand anything about the magical world and would think it's just some silly 'summer camp' or something I was going to. My brother would... I'm not sure whether he'd be a muggle or a wizard though my little sister would definitely be a witch As I live in Spain, and we don't know about any Wizard School here I would be taken to Hogwarts, of course. I would be amazed with every little bit of magic though I would believe it at once when, whoever came from the school to talk to us, said that magic existed. I'd buy a nice cat in Diagon Alley and then be sorted into Gryffindor. My favourite subject would be DADA or Charms or any class in which you could use your wand (though I would like Care of Magical Creatures and Astronomy next). I'd LOOOOOOOVE Quidditch and I'd fully support Holyhead Harpies though Eunice Murray from the Magpies would be my hero. I'd try out for seeker in Gryffindor's Quidditch team and pray for making it into the team. Then, given the time, I think I would try to dedicate professionally to Quidditch for some years though the real career I would study is that one to work in the Department for the control and regulation of magical creatures to defend the rights of centaurs, goblins, giants, house elves (especially house elves) and many other creatures. And to achieve a coexistence between wizards and creatures because I was so shocked by the way all of them got together to fight, no matter their differences, against Voldemort and his regime. Also I considered working with Dragons, like Charlie did, but that also has some relation with the department of magical creatures so...
It would be SO awesome... the more I think about it the more excited I get...

'No story lives unless someone wants to read it. The stories we love best DO live in us forever. So whether you come by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you HOME.' - J.K.Rowling.
'And I just wanna say that, amm... I've loved every minute and thank you all very very much' -Dan Radcliffe

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Proud member of the POTTERMORE BATTALION
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:50 pm
Seventh Year

What a great idea for a thread!

After graduating from Hogwarts, I'd attend a muggle university and earn my degree in counseling. I'd work with the Ministry in setting up a counseling program at Hogwarts, to help students learn to cope with being teenagers, bullying, peer pressure, etc. I'd try to find students I could mentor who would also decide to enter the field as well, and bring such programs to Durmstrang, Beaubaton, and eventually offer an outpatient counseling program to the general wizarding public at St. Mungos.

In the meanwhile, I'd become best friends with Madam Pince, and once she retires, hopefully slide into her position as Librarian, while naming my own replacement as Hogwarts Counselor.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Well, if I were magical, I would be a witch. My parents would be understanding, and all of my sisters and my brother would be magical also. My mother would be fascinated with magic. She would try to trace her family tree to find out where the magical gene came from. My dad wouldn't mind, but he wouldn't search his family tree to find out where the magical gene came from.
Where would we live? Oh, in our home town in Illinois, a small suburb of Chicago. My mom had lots of sisters, so, many of my aunts, my uncles and cousins would be magical. My dad has brothers and a sister, but none of them are magical.
I would be sorted into Hufflepuff. I don't mind being in this house. My oldest sister would be Hufflepuff, two sisters and a brother would be in Ravenclaw. The sorting hat would take our preferences into consideration.
Some of us would go out for Quidditch, I would try for the chess club or Gobstones club.
I would like Charms and Divination. Not sure what my career would be, but it would be interesting. I would support the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
I would marry a wizard, one who was Muggleborn like me. We would have some Muggle items like a camera, a tent for camping (magcially enhanced) a car. We would read the Daily Prophet to keep up with the news in the Wizarding World and also a Muggle newspaper. We would have a good life.

Old November 12th, 2011, 1:50 am
The Potions Master

I would have the cleanest house in town.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old November 12th, 2011, 2:17 am
Ravenclaw Prefect

I'd get around on my Abraxan winged horse instead of dealing with all those annoying muggles who don't know how to drive their cars!

(can anyone tell how my commuting has been today? )

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Old November 12th, 2011, 2:33 am
Third Year

If I were a wizard, I'd live much the same way. The cool thing is that wandmaking woud take on a whole new meaning for me. I'd probably still teach, but it would be at some wizarding school here in the US instead of a muggle one. Instead of math and physics, it would be arithmancy and astronomy...

I'd be a volunteer auror and use my powers for good, like the old wizard at the beginning of "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot."

Otherwise, not much would change...

Awesome question though!

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old November 12th, 2011, 4:30 am
First Year

Oh to be an actual witch!!! First of all, I'd be the only wizard in my family. I'd still live where I do now, but attend Hogwarts during the school year. I'd be in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor and my favorite subjects would be Charms and Potions. I wouldn't try out for a house Quidditch team, but start the first Quidditch club for beginner's/non-competitive players like myself. After finishing Hogwarts, I would apprentice under Madam Pomfrey and take over her job as school nurse when she retired. I'd marry another wizard and have three wizard children.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old November 12th, 2011, 4:45 am
Second Year

I would certainly use this to make my life a little bit easier! I would use magic to provide heat and cooling for my home, and use it to take the place of all those utilties we all pay an arm and leg for. This would free my money up to pay some Muggle bills off. Once I have done this, I would take care of some issues that need to be dealt with. I would continue to work at my Muggle job, while learning a magical-type trade to support myself. Eventually I would probably go totally magic, and move to a magical community.

I'm a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin World!

snape lives imho
Old November 12th, 2011, 6:04 am
Second Year

If I was a wizard, I go to Hogwarts, and I would take total advantage and take in everything I need to know about magic. I would be sorted into Ravenclaw, and after long thought, maybe try Quidditch for a little bit. I would most look forward to Transfiguration and Astronomy, but Arithmancy wouldn't be too bad either. I'd want to be an astronomer and study the stars, and when I go into the muggle world I would like to use magic to develop powerful telescopes. I'd also marry a witch, and have magic kids to look after. I'd definitely look forward to getting a wand and the experience would be amazing!

Lightnox167
12 inches, Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair core, unyielding

Old November 15th, 2011, 6:40 pm
First Year

I would....well, no one really knows, right? The answer to this question will be solved if I become a wizard. We don't know what will happen until it happens, right?

I would like to be a wizard, though and I'll use my powers for good. That's all I know.

It is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.

Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?

Albus Dumbledore
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:56 pm
First Year

Well, first of all I would be a witch, not a wizard, but anyways. I would receive my Hogwarts letter and probably either scream really loudly or start crying with happiness. I would probably yell "I knew it!" too. Then I would get really sad because I would have to leave my twin sister behind, but then she would get her letter too! My parents would think it was some kind of joke until someone from Hogwarts came to tell us that it was all real. After it all sunk in I would go to Hogwarts and get sorted into Ravenclaw, my sister would be in Hufflepuff. I probably wouldn't play Quidditch but I would have a broom just so I could fly around really fast. I would start a flying club, where you don't play quidditch, you just play around on your broom. I would be good at transfiguration, charms, and potions and would be awful at care of magical creatures, DADA, and divination. Once in my 3rd year I would choose to take arithmancy and ancient runes, as well as muggle studies. Even through I grew up as a muggle I find it fascinating to hear what wizards think of them. After graduating Hogwarts I would marry another wizard, and we would live in a Wizarding village. I would become a healer at St.Mungo's and work in the spell damage section. I would have twins and they would go to Hogwarts as well.

*sigh* oh that would be the life...

Old November 20th, 2011, 4:56 am
Second Year

What do you mean "What if?". I thought I was a witch??????

Old November 20th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Sixth Year

If I were a witch I would be both thrilled and nervous. Thrilled because I can now do things to make my life so much easier, but nervous because I wouldn't really know what to expect to happen next, there are so many surprises in the magical world!

Old November 20th, 2011, 6:55 pm
Fifth Year

Why are all these people who live in the US saying they'd attend Hogwarts? It's not a choice, even if you are a wizard or witch. It chooses you, and you'd have to be a resident of the UK. Ostensibly, the US had it's own Wizard school(s).
I'm not sure if the OP meant a wizard specifically in the HP universe, or in general.

In general, if I were a wizard, I'd be scared to death --of me.
Not because I'm a "bad" person, I'm not, but because I'm human, and therefore fallible.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I can't imagine how dangerous a human being would be with that kind of power, no matter their original intentions or disposition. Yes, it sounds positively awesome and cool on the face of it, but could you really hold back everytime someone made you angry, cut you off in traffic, or you ran out of patience? Ever say something to someone you "didn't mean" (actually you might've meant it), or done something hasty to someone that you regretted later? Now imagine if you had had a wizard's power at that time, what terrible mistake might you have made in the heat of the moment? Even in the HP world, it didn't always work out.. Ariana's death is one example.

I'd lock myself away in a wizard's tower somewhere, and study philosophy.
Sorry if I'm a wet blanket..

Old November 20th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmditch View Post

In general, if I were a wizard, I'd be scared to death --of me.
Not because I'm a "bad" person, I'm not, but because I'm human, and therefore fallible.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I can't imagine how dangerous a human being would be with that kind of power, no matter their original intentions or disposition. Yes, it sounds positively awesome and cool on the face of it, but could you really hold back everytime someone made you angry, cut you off in traffic, or you ran out of patience? Ever say something to someone you "didn't mean" (actually you might've meant it), or done something hasty to someone that you regretted later? Now imagine if you had had a wizard's power at that time, what terrible mistake might you have made in the heat of the moment? Even in the HP world, it didn't always work out.. Ariana's death is one example.
True, but you have the same thing as a Muggle without any magical powers - learning to control your impulses and baser instincts I mean. I could kill someone in the heat of the moment with a gun or a knife or even my bare hands as surely as I could with a wand. Muggles aren't any more dangerous than magical folk in that regard in my opinion.

Some of us (points to self) don't seek power over other people and don't care about it at all.
I'm no angel - I've wished terrible things would happen to people when they disrespected me to a degree that it infuriated me, but I control my impulses. I've never acted on my baser impulses with regard to violence. I would hope that is true for most people/Muggles.

Being able to do magic would just make my life more interesting and entertaining. That would be my interest in it. I would probably be one of those who chose to study on my own, away from an Academy setting or maybe with a Wizarding mentor if I could find one.

And no...you're not a wet blanket. I enjoyed your post. (insert congenial smile here)

Last edited by WelkinCooper; November 20th, 2011 at 7:36 pm.
Old November 20th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelkinCooper View Post
True, but you have the same thing as a Muggle without any magical powers - learning to control your impulses and baser instincts I mean. ...Muggles aren't any more dangerous than magical folk in that regard in my opinion.

Some of us (points to self) don't seek power over other people and don't care about it at all.
I agree with your post.

I don't believe being a witch would have any affect on me whatsoever in regards to having power over other people.

To me, it would mean getting to fly around on a broom, which i think would be a blast. Being able to visit a friend who lives several states away by using Floopowder or apparating and not needing to plan, schedule a flight and hope it doesn't get canceled at the last minute. Not having to wash dishes. No more IV's or blood transfusions. All the cool toys, like learning fun charms and spells - I'd be an even bigger kid than I am now

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old November 20th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Remember how Hagrid told Harry that if Muggles knew about witches/wizards, they would want magical folk to fix their problems? I always wonder about that, Muggles talk about bad drivers and wanting another mode of transportation, Muggles wouldn't want to to work, but the wizarding community accepts harding working people. I can get annoyed at people but wouldn't dream of killing them either as a Muggle or wizard. It just seems to me that the magical community has problems just like Muggles and magic can't always fix things.

Old November 20th, 2011, 11:02 pm
First Year

I think that I would definitely go to school at Hogwarts, if I got in. When I grew up, I would want to be a professor. I think that I would want to live in a wizarding community, because it would be terrible to have to practice magic in secret.

Ravenclaw on COS!
Old November 21st, 2011, 1:01 am
First Year

If my wish were to ever come true to be a magical witch (Yeah, right -- I think I'm way past the acceptable age for schooling ) I would, of course, attend whatever school takes me. I imagine being as I'm in the US it would be the Salem Institute if I remember correctly? Anyways. I think after school I would be a healer. I love to help people feel better. (Which I do in real life anyways, so it fits!) I'd like to think I would live among the muggles.. but I actually think I'd live in a Wizarding community to be around those that are like me, to fit in better I guess. Unless I marry a muggle of course.. then I would live among the muggles. It really would all depend!

Signature made by my favorite NikkyNik

Hufflepuff on CoS and Pottermore
Owner of The Stick... to revive the Dead Thread and Lurkers!
Captain Duck of the Battalion
Resident Pharmacy Tech to the rescue!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak