Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old March 31st, 2008, 1:40 am
Secret Keeper

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
hmmm..I guess no one has anything to say for that one huh

Well I just wanted to say I made an error or sorts. There's something I wanted to do earlier but I completly forgot but I'll figure out a way to work in it. I will possibly be adding the next section on tonight hopefully..just curious on what people think about the last section before I move on so come on people
Actually, I do have some things to say.

I just have to read it over again. I'll edit this once I've had time to analyze it!

EDIT

Ok, here goes, first the GOOD:

Quote:
INT. BOYS DORM-HOURS LATER-NIGHT

The only light in the room is the tip of Harry’s wand. The camera cuts to show him reading out of his Advanced Potions Book. The camera shows the writing in the book as Harry’s wand slowly goes down the page looking at them.

HARRY
Strange…it looks like the prince made up his own spells.

Harry continues to read and waves his wand a BAM there is a flash of light and a CRASH. Neville, Seamus, and Dean all jump up as the camera turns to show Ron hanging upside down screaming.

RON
Get me down!! Get me down!!!

Neville, Dean, and Seamus all laugh

HARRY
Oh..um…sorry Ron. Hang on…I’ll let you down… let me find the counter-curse!

He grabs for his book and looks through the pages. He drops the book and points the wand at Ron. There’s a flash of light and Ron falls to his mattress.

HARRY
Sorry about that….was just trying out one of the prince non verbal spells.

RON
(In an exhausted voice)
Tomorrow, I’d rather you set the alarm clock.
This part was BRILLIANT. I really do hope they keep Levicorpus in HBP (even though it was in OOTP, but it also wasn't show correctly) and It would work great the way you have done it. Just simply keep the spell "Ambiguous" and don't show which one he is reading or have him speak it (it is non-verbal so this shouldn't be a problem) at the time he casts the spell. BRILLIANT!!!

Oh, we had a bit of a discussion on the HBP thread about non-verbal spells, do you think they will be included??? We came to the conclusion that because they never had the IMPORTANCE we THOUGHT they would, they'd be an EASY CUT! This came up while discussing the 1st DADA class scene! IF we only get ONE DADA scene, we said we'd rather have the OTHER DADA scene because it explains INFERI while the 1st only discusses non-verbal spells!

Quote:
GINNY
It looks like he’s eating her face, but I suppose he’s got to refine his technique somehow huh?

Harry looks at Ron in amazement and Ginny walks off to join Dean. At this moment Hermione walks into the room and pauses as she notices Ron and Lavender kissing. She pauses for a second before she turns and walks out. Harry runs after her.

INT-CLASSROOM-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks into the classroom where Hermione is sitting alone. She has a small ring of yellow birds circling her head.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Oh, hello Harry. I was just practicing.

HARRY
They’re really good.

HERMIONE
Ron seems to be enjoying himself….

HARRY
Does he?

HERMIONE
Don’t pretend you didn’t see him. He wasn’t exactly hiding it was he?

HARRY
Hermione….

Before he could finish his statement the door opens and Ron and Lavender run in holding hands and laughing.

RON
Oh….

LAVENDER
Oops

She laughs, kisses Ron, and backs out of the room slowly closing the door behind her. There is an awkward silence. Hermione is staring at Ron who is just looking at Harry.

RON
Hi, Harry! Wondered where you’d got to!

HERMIONE
Well Ron? Is there something you have to tell me?

RON
I don’t have to explain anything to you. Why don’t you run off with your dear sweet McLaggen.

HARRY
Ron….

Hermione stands up suddenly looking the angriest she’s looked in a long time. The birds start to circle around her head faster now.

HERMIONE
You shouldn’t leave Lavender waiting outside.

RON
Yeah…well…I won’t….

HERMIONE
Good…..Oppugno!!!

She points her wand at Ron and the birds all sped towards Ron and start pecking and clawing at him. He starts to scream and try and get them out of his face. He runs out of the room and past Lavender who shoots Hermione an angry look before running after them. Hermione smiles a little and walks away from Harry who has a look of shock on his face. The scene cuts to
I'm really glad you kept this part. I thought the "it looks like he's eating her face" was hysterical in the book. I also like the birds attacking Ron and I believe this has sort-of been confirmed by the NICK magazine article to be in the film.

Quote:
GINNY
Well Harry, you need to be careful. There are a lot of girls out to get you.

HARRY
Oh Ginny what would Dean say?

GINNY
(Laughs)
I’m talking about Romilda Vane. I was in the girl’s bathroom just before I came here and I overheard her talking to her friends. They’re hoping you’re going to take them to Slughorn’s party, and they all seem to have bought Fred and George’s love potions. I’d just invite someone to go with if I were you.

HARRY
There isn’t anyone I want to invite except…..

He looks over at Ginny but clears his throat and looks straight ahead again.

GINNY
Well just be careful what you drink.
This was also BRILLIANT!!! I like how you switched it from Hermione relaying the info to Ginny. You really are doing a WONDERFUL job at the romance part and HINTING! I like the "Oh Ginny, what would Dean say?" and the looks over at Ginny when thinking of who to invite.

Ok, now the BAD:

When they go down to Hagrid's I noticed you left out this part, which I really liked, especially the wisecracks:

Quote:
"I'm a teacher!" he roared at Harry. "A teacher, Potter! How dare yeh threaten ter break down my door!"

I'm sorry, sir," said Harry, emphasizing the last word as he stowed his wand inside his robes. Hagrid looked stunned. "Since when have yeh called me 'sir'?"

"Since when have you called me 'Potter'?" "Oh, very clever," growled Hagrid. "Very amusin'. That's me outsmarted, innint?
Quote:
INT. HOGWARTS-THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT

The scene then cuts to Ginny standing in front of the mirror in the ROOM OF REQUIREMENT. Harry slowly walks up behind her as she turns around and smiles at him.

GINNY
You’re a good teacher Harry.

HARRY
Ginny?

She looks up and above them a mistletoe is forming.

GINNY
Mistletoe.

Harry has a look of pure confusion on his face. Why does this seem so familiar?

HARRY
Probably full of nargles….

GINNY
What are nargles?

HARRY
No idea….

He slowly goes in to kiss Ginny getting closer and closer….

DUMBLEDORE
(Offscreen)
Harry?
NO, NO, NO Sorry, I just thought this was REALLY CHEESY! I realize now that it's a DREAM and at first I was like "WHAT THE ****" as I was reading it, but still, I don't like it.

Instead I would suggest adding the DREAMS of Harry kissing Ginny instead of Dean as it was in the book after this part:

Quote:
They turn another corner and see Ginny and Dean kissing.

RON
What the…

Dean and Ginny both stop kissing and look up. Dean looks embarrassed but Ginny seems a little annoyed.

GINNY
What?

RON
I don’t want to find my own sister snogging people in public.

GINNY
It was an empty corridor until you showed up!

DEAN
C’mon Ginny lets go…

GINNY
Stop telling me what to do Dean! You go, I want a word with my dear brother!

Dean gives a weak smile at Harry and Ron and leaves. Ginny walks up to Ron furious.

GINNY
Lets get this straight once and for all. It is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them, Ron…

RON
Yeah, it is! D’you think I want people saying my sister’s a…

GINNY
A what exactly?

HARRY
He doesn’t mean anything, Ginny…

GINNY
Oh yes he does! Just because he’s never snogged anyone in his life, just because the best kiss he’s ever had is from our Auntie Muriel…

RON
Shut your mouth!

GINNY
No, I will not! If you went out and got a bit of snogging done yourself, you wouldn’t mind so much that everyone else does it!

Ron pulls his wand out and Harry quickly jumps between the two of them.

RON
You don’t know what you’re talking about! Just because I don’t do it in public!!

GINNY
Oh come off it Ron! Or have you got a picture of Auntie Muriel stashed under your pillow?

A streak of orange light flies from his wand and BANG! It hits the wall beside Ginny’s head. Harry quickly takes Ron by his robes and pins him up against the wall.

HARRY
Don’t be stupid…

GINNY
Harry’s snogged Cho Chang and Hermione snogged Victor Krum, it’s only you who acts like it’s something disgusting, Ron, and that’s because you’ve got as much experience of a six year old!

She turns around and storms off. Harry lets go of Ron who straightens him robes and puts his wand away.

RON
Who does she think she is?

HARRY
Ron calm down….
Here's how it was in the book, although I'm sure you already know this:

Quote:
But unbidden into his mind came an image of that same deserted corridor with himself kissing Ginny instead...The monster in his chest purred... but then he saw Ron ripping open the tapestry curtain and drawing his wand on Harry, shouting things like "betrayal of trust"... "supposed to be my friend"...
I like the underlined part and I think that would work well in a daydream of Harry wanting to be the one kissing Ginny instead of Dean and it gets in the part about Ron being brotherly and Harry worried about what Ron would say!

Phrozenone, I'm curious what did you think of my Timestamps for DH and HBP??? Also where do you want DH split???

If you reply send this by OWL

Here's the pages for the timestamps if you haven't seen them:

HBP: link

DH (PART 2): link (The OUTLINE is at the BOTTOM of the Post)

(There's also some interesting things on Time per Chapter for each Split Point as well as timings for OOTP)

DH (Camping and Godric's Hollow): link

I'd APPRECIATE some feedback on these and I'm especially curious how my HBP times COMPARE with your script Phrozenone.

Thanks and keep up the GREAT WORK.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2008 at 3:43 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2008, 5:30 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I haven't posted on this thread for years it feels like.

To Phrozenone, MoD, lcbaseball, I have been reading all the scripts, just not been making time for replies. Thanks for not making this thread die BTW.

Anyway, I finally put a bit more onto my PS which I'm proud of, it include parts of which I'd had pre-written for a while now:

New part of PS:    

PS: The Potions MasterINT. GRYFFINDOR BOY’S DORMITORY - HOGWARTS - LATE EVENING
(1/9/1991)

Harry fall’s in a uncomfortable sleep.

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS
(DREAM)

Harry sits on the sorting stool, wearing Professor Quirrell’s turban, which speaks to him.

SORTING HAT/VOLDERMORT
For Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that: It’s your destiny.

Harry tries to pull the turban off, but it won’t come off. Malfoy’s face appears at Slytherin table, laughing.

And suddenly Proffesor Snape is looking at him with a look of hatred and a flash of green light fills the screen.

INT. GRYFFINDOR BOY’S DORMITORY - HOGWARTS - LATE EVENING
(1/9/1991)

Harry wakes up, turns then falls back to sleep.

STUDENT 1 (O.S.)
There, look.

STUDENT 2 (O.S.)
Where?

INT. FIRST FLOOR - HOGWARTS - MORNING
(2/9/1991)

STUDENT 1
Next to the tall kid with the red hair.

STUDENT 2
Wearing the glasses?

STUDENT 1
Did you see his face?

STUDENT 2
Did you see his scar?

Harry and Ron come around the corner, Harry dodging starers, but Ron quite proud that people are looking their way.

INT. HISTORY OF MAGIC CLASS

…Professor Cuthbert Binns, a ghost, who is droning on and on. Every one of the Gryffindor first years are bored, except Hermione, who is listening to every word. Once again, the camera pans and fades to…

INT. GREENHOUSE ONE

…Professor Pomona Sprout who is showing the Gryffindor first years and 10 other 11-year-olds (Hufflepuffs: Ernie MacMillian, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbot, Susan Bones, Wayne Hopkins, Megan Jones, 2 extra boys and 2 extra girls) a magical plant. Again, the camera pans and fades to…

EXT. ASTRONOMY TOWER - HOGWARTS - MIDNIGHT

The Gryffindor first-years look through telescopes. The Astronomy Professor, Aurora Sinistra overlooks them. The camera pans and fades to…

INT. CHARMS CLASS
…Professor Filius Flitwick, an incredibly short man, is taking the roll of his first year Gryffindor class.

FILIUS FLITWICK
Harry Potter

…he says in an ordinary voice, then suddenly looks up at Harry and topples out of sight. The camera pans and fades, again, to…

INT. TRANSFIGURATION CLASS

…Professor Minerva McGonagall is lecturing her class of Gryffindor first years.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned.

And she swiftly turns her desk into a pig and back again. Everyone one in the class looks at each other, amazed. But the camera pans and fades to…

INT. DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASS

…Professor Quirenius Quirrell is stuttering to his class of first year Gryffindors, turban still on.

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL
M-My tur-turban was a tha-ank-ank-you gift for-or warding off the-the trouble-le-lesome Infe-fe-feri.

Quirrell looks down at his notes.

SEAMUS FINNIGAN
And how did you get rid of the zombie?

Quirrell seems to be in a panic.

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL
It’s – It’s – It’s a love-lovely d-d-day today.

For the last time, the camera pans and fades to…

INT. POTIONS DUNGEON

…pickled animals in jars on shelves. We find Severus Snape surveying his class of Gryffindor first-years and Slytherin first-years (Millicent Bulstrode, Vincent Crabbe, Tracey Davis, Gregory Goyle, Daphne Greengrass, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, and another girl). He pauses and looks straight at Harry.

SEVERUS SNAPE
Ah. Yes. Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity

A few s******.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.
(pause)
I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a lot of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

Hermione sits more upright at this. Snape surveys the class.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

Harry looks around stumped. Hermione’s hand flies into the air.

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE
Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything. Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?

Hermione stretches her arm further.

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know, sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE
What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?

Hermione now stands up and waves her hand around.

HARRY POTTER
I don't know. I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?

Snape finally notices Hermione.

SEVERUS SNAPE
Sit down! For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?

Everyone grabs quills and begins to write.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
And five points will be taken from Gryffindor House for your cheek, Potter.

Harry and Snape lock eyes.

INT. HEADMASTER’S OFFICE - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON

Snape storms around the room.

SEVERUS SNAPE
...mediocre ... arrogant as his father, a determined rule-breaker ... delighted to find himself famous ... attention-seeking and impertinent -

Dumbledore is sitting at his desk reading ‘Transfiguration Today’, not even noticing Snape break a few of the odd instruments which lie on nearby tables.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You see what you expect to see, Severus. Other teachers report that the boy is modest, likable, and reasonably talented.

Snape looks angered at this.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old April 10th, 2008, 9:45 pm
Fourth Year

I'm not ready to post the next section yet..BUT I think it's only fair for me to comment on a few things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Actually, I do have some things to say.

I just have to read it over again. I'll edit this once I've had time to analyze it!

EDIT

Ok, here goes, first the GOOD:

This part was BRILLIANT. I really do hope they keep Levicorpus in HBP (even though it was in OOTP, but it also wasn't show correctly) and It would work great the way you have done it. Just simply keep the spell "Ambiguous" and don't show which one he is reading or have him speak it (it is non-verbal so this shouldn't be a problem) at the time he casts the spell. BRILLIANT!!!

Oh, we had a bit of a discussion on the HBP thread about non-verbal spells, do you think they will be included??? We came to the conclusion that because they never had the IMPORTANCE we THOUGHT they would, they'd be an EASY CUT! This came up while discussing the 1st DADA class scene! IF we only get ONE DADA scene, we said we'd rather have the OTHER DADA scene because it explains INFERI while the 1st only discusses non-verbal spells!

I'm really glad you kept this part. I thought the "it looks like he's eating her face" was hysterical in the book. I also like the birds attacking Ron and I believe this has sort-of been confirmed by the NICK magazine article to be in the film.

This was also BRILLIANT!!! I like how you switched it from Hermione relaying the info to Ginny. You really are doing a WONDERFUL job at the romance part and HINTING! I like the "Oh Ginny, what would Dean say?" and the looks over at Ginny when thinking of who to invite. [/b]
Well thanks for all that I really wanted to keep the spell in just to show the Prince made up spells and I thought that would be the quickest and easiest way of throwing it in there.

Also I see why you would want one DADA class...BUT I'm having atleast 2 in mine just so there's more Snape in the film. He's not in the book much except for the classes plus nonverbal spells I think should atleast be mentioned but I hear what u guys are saying.

Having Ginny tell Harry that was one of my more brilliant idea's. I just thought it'll give her more to do. Also it works since I've introduced Horcruxes MUCH earlier than the book so it makes sense that Hermione if off looking for them around this time.

Quote:
Ok, now the BAD:

When they go down to Hagrid's I noticed you left out this part, which I really liked, especially the wisecracks:
Yeah well putting those wisecracks in would mean introducing the whole plot of them not picking to retake Hagrid's class. I had that in my first draft (one that will never see the light of day ) and I just thought that whole thing really felt...awkward. They haven't made a big deal about him teaching since the 3rd film so I thought it'll be best to leave it out.

Quote:
NO, NO, NO Sorry, I just thought this was REALLY CHEESY! I realize now that it's a DREAM and at first I was like "WHAT THE ****" as I was reading it, but still, I don't like it.
hahahaha I was expecting that type of reaction. I know what was in the book..and I hear what you're saying...and this is just the first of other daydreams and the next one WILL have Ron in it actually. I just thought it'll be cool that Harry replaced Cho and kinda wished he'd saved his first kiss for Ginny Plus...as I told MoD...there has to be SOME cheese in the script or it wouldn't be Harry Potter

Also I saw in the HBP thread that u wasn't sure what to think about the Dumbledore/Harry conversation about Ginny. That scene actually has quiet a few things going on that I was hoping you picked up on. I'm writing this as a Part 1 or Deathly Hallows (Notice how I showed Malfoy Manor on the cover on the Daily Prophet....just trying to throw little things in there.)

I wrote that scene really to show a slight glimpse of Dumbledore's feelings towards Grindewald and I wanted Dumbledore and Harry to be a little closer this time around. Plus it was also an instance where Harry could've really asked Dumbledore more about himself...but he didn't...which he will come to regret later as we all know.

I just think...especially Dumbledore knowing his fate...that he would have moments where he reflected on his life..regardless on who's around. I really like that scene so reread just that portion with that in mind and hopefully you'll like it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post

To Phrozenone, MoD, lcbaseball, I have been reading all the scripts, just not been making time for replies. Thanks for not making this thread die BTW.

Anyway, I finally put a bit more onto my PS which I'm proud of, it include parts of which I'd had pre-written for a while now:

New part of PS:    

(1/9/1991)

(DREAM)

Harry sits on the sorting stool, wearing Professor Quirrell’s turban, which speaks to him.

SORTING HAT/VOLDERMORT
For Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that: It’s your destiny.

Harry tries to pull the turban off, but it won’t come off. Malfoy’s face appears at Slytherin table, laughing.

And suddenly Proffesor Snape is looking at him with a look of hatred and a flash of green light fills the screen.

(1/9/1991)

STUDENT 1 (O.S.)
There, look.

STUDENT 2 (O.S.)
Where?

(2/9/1991)

STUDENT 1

STUDENT 2
Wearing the glasses?

STUDENT 1
Did you see his face?

STUDENT 2
Did you see his scar?

Harry and Ron come around the corner, Harry dodging starers, but Ron quite proud that people are looking their way.

…Professor Cuthbert Binns, a ghost, who is droning on and on. Every one of the Gryffindor first years are bored, except Hermione, who is listening to every word. Once again, the camera pans and fades to…

INT. GREENHOUSE ONE

…Professor Pomona Sprout who is showing the Gryffindor first years and 10 other 11-year-olds (Hufflepuffs: Ernie MacMillian, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbot, Susan Bones, Wayne Hopkins, Megan Jones, 2 extra boys and 2 extra girls) a magical plant. Again, the camera pans and fades to…

The Gryffindor first-years look through telescopes. The Astronomy Professor, Aurora Sinistra overlooks them. The camera pans and fades to…

INT. CHARMS CLASS
…Professor Filius Flitwick, an incredibly short man, is taking the roll of his first year Gryffindor class.

FILIUS FLITWICK
Harry Potter

…he says in an ordinary voice, then suddenly looks up at Harry and topples out of sight. The camera pans and fades, again, to…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned.

And she swiftly turns her desk into a pig and back again. Everyone one in the class looks at each other, amazed. But the camera pans and fades to…

…Professor Quirenius Quirrell is stuttering to his class of first year Gryffindors, turban still on.

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL
M-My tur-turban was a tha-ank-ank-you gift for-or warding off the-the trouble-le-lesome Infe-fe-feri.

SEAMUS FINNIGAN

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL

INT. POTIONS DUNGEON

…pickled animals in jars on shelves. We find Severus Snape surveying his class of Gryffindor first-years and Slytherin first-years (Millicent Bulstrode, Vincent Crabbe, Tracey Davis, Gregory Goyle, Daphne Greengrass, Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, and another girl). He pauses and looks straight at Harry.

SEVERUS SNAPE

A few s******.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.
(pause)
I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a lot of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE
Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything. Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know, sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE

HARRY POTTER

SEVERUS SNAPE
Sit down! For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)

SEVERUS SNAPE
...mediocre ... arrogant as his father, a determined rule-breaker ... delighted to find himself famous ... attention-seeking and impertinent -

Dumbledore is sitting at his desk reading ‘Transfiguration Today’, not even noticing Snape break a few of the odd instruments which lie on nearby tables.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You see what you expect to see, Severus. Other teachers report that the boy is modest, likable, and reasonably talented.

ArryGrotter!! Well I'm glad to hear you've been keeping up and this is a great thread..why let it die I will read ur next section shortly and let u know what i think.

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:

Also I see why you would want one DADA class...BUT I'm having atleast 2 in mine just so there's more Snape in the film. He's not in the book much except for the classes plus nonverbal spells I think should atleast be mentioned but I hear what u guys are saying.
Ahh, you misunderstood me here. I'll post what I said on the HBP thread about this:

Quote:
Here's another discussion topic:

How much will SNAPE be in this film???

I really think because it's called HBP and it's essentialy a book focused on SNAPE (And Voldy), although more-so about the book than Snape himself, IMO he should be in EVERY one of HIS scenes from the book if possible which in order by Chapter would be:

-Spinner's End

-Snape Victorious (escorts Harry to the feast while criticizing him and finally conquers the DADA Post)
Quote:
"I suppose you wanted to make an entrance, did you?" Snape continued. "And with no flying car available you decided that bursting into the Great Hall halfway through the feast ought to create a dramatic effect."
-The Half Blood Prince (1st DADA class, "There's no need to call me 'sir', Professor")
I'm going to to be SO MAD if this dialogue isn't included (not to mention the ENTIRE DADA scene itself):
Quote:
"The Dark Arts, said Snape, "are many, varied, ever-changing, and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is servered, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutatating, and indestructible."

Harry stared at Snape. It was surely one thing to respect the Dark Arts as a dangerous enemy, another to speak of them, as Snape was doing, with a loving caress in his voice?
-The Unbreakable Vow (Slughorn's Christmas Party and chat with Draco)
Quote:
"What does it matter?" said Malfoy. "Defense Against the Dark Arts... it's all just a joke, isn't it, an act? Like any of us need protecting against the Dark Arts..."
"It is an act that is crucial to success, Draco!" said Snape. "Where do you think I would have been all these years, if I had not known how to act? Now listen to me! You are being incautious, wandering around at night, getting yourself caught, and if you are placing your reliance in assistants like Crabbe and Goyle..."
-The Unknowable Room (DADA class, Snape asks Harry the difference between Inferi and Ghosts )
This would be AWESOME TOO (It explains INFERI and it's HILARIOUS):
Quote:
"Let us ask Potter how we would tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost."
"Er...well...ghosts are transparent..." he said.
"Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent'"

Harry took a deep breath and continued calmly, though his insides were boiling, "Yeah, ghosts are transparent, but Inferi are dead bodies, aren't they? So they'd be solid..."
"A five-year old could have told us as much," sneered Snape.

"The Inferius is a corpse that has been reanimated by a Dark wizard's spells. It is not alive, is is merely used like a puppet to do the wizard's bidding. A ghost, as I trust that you are alll aware by now, is the imprint of a departed soul left upon the earth... and of course, as Potter so wisely tells us, transparent."

"Well, what Harry said is the most useful if we're trying to tell them apart!" said Ron. "When we come face to face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?'"

-Sectumsempra
Quote:
"Apparently I underestimated you, Potter," he said quietly. "Who would have though you knew such Dark Magic? Who taught you that spell?"
Quote:
"This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry, still breathing hard.
"This is the copy that you purchased from Flourish and Blotts?"
"Yes," said Harry firmly.
"Then why," asked Snape, "does it have the name 'Roonil Wazlib' written on the front cover?"

-Lightening Stuck Tower

-Flight of the Prince
Quote:
“Blocked again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter! sneered Snape, deflecting the curse once more.

“You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them… I the Half Blood Prince! And you’d turn my inventions on me, like your filthy father, would you?”

So, Snape/Alan Rickman SHOULD HAVE MANY scenes in HBP (Or at least more than any other HP film)!!! We can only HOPE!

Do you think we will GET BOTH DADA SCENES??? I'm guessing they'll go the OTHER route and give us MULTIPLE POTIONS, though!

I really want BOTH, they are so FUNNY and CLEVER!!!

Quote:
So, if we only get ONE DADA Scene, Which do you PREFER???:

Like I said, I'm guessing we will get MULTIPLE POTIONS instead of DADA!

How many times is POTIONS class in the book??? *off to look it up*

-The Half Blood Prince (1st DADA class, "There's no need to call me 'sir', Professor")

OR

-The Unknowable Room (DADA class, It explains INFERI and it's HILARIOUS):

My Choice would the 2nd, because it explains Inferi. But I really want the "There's no need to call me sir, Professor" TOO.

It's a TOUGH CHOICE, I just HOPE Kloves thinks these scenes are as GREAT as we do!!!

Quote:

Well, that's kind-of what I was GETTING AT, is that it never played the IMPORTANCE that I thought it would so I was wondering if it would be included???

It always seemed that JKR had A REASON for EVERYTHING but this not so much.

More of just an intersting tidbit, that POWERFUL wizards can perform non-verbal magic!

Oh, and it EXPLAINED Dolohov almost KILLING HERMIONE when he was SILENCIOED, but that wasn't in the MOVIE!

Quote:

Yeah well putting those wisecracks in would mean introducing the whole plot of them not picking to retake Hagrid's class. I had that in my first draft (one that will never see the light of day ) and I just thought that whole thing really felt...awkward. They haven't made a big deal about him teaching since the 3rd film so I thought it'll be best to leave it out.
GOOD POINT!!! OK, I AGREE, leave it out. That would take up A LOT of wasted time to introduce that plot when we have more important things like the Memories.

Quote:

hahahaha I was expecting that type of reaction. I know what was in the book..and I hear what you're saying...and this is just the first of other daydreams and the next one WILL have Ron in it actually. I just thought it'll be cool that Harry replaced Cho and kinda wished he'd saved his first kiss for Ginny Plus...as I told MoD...there has to be SOME cheese in the script or it wouldn't be Harry Potter

Also I saw in the HBP thread that u wasn't sure what to think about the Dumbledore/Harry conversation about Ginny. That scene actually has quiet a few things going on that I was hoping you picked up on. I'm writing this as a Part 1 or Deathly Hallows (Notice how I showed Malfoy Manor on the cover on the Daily Prophet....just trying to throw little things in there.)

I wrote that scene really to show a slight glimpse of Dumbledore's feelings towards Grindewald and I wanted Dumbledore and Harry to be a little closer this time around. Plus it was also an instance where Harry could've really asked Dumbledore more about himself...but he didn't...which he will come to regret later as we all know.

I just think...especially Dumbledore knowing his fate...that he would have moments where he reflected on his life..regardless on who's around. I really like that scene so reread just that portion with that in mind and hopefully you'll like it better
OK, I see where you're coming from. Still not sure if I like it, really caught me off guard when I was reading it the 1st time.

I like you're thinking with regretting his 1st Kiss was with Cho. It was funny though, when we discussed this on the HBP thread there was a comment that it was odd because that's not what teenage boys dream about!!!

And it wasn't even a guy who made this comment!!!

I can just imagine the audience's reaction to this if it was really in the film though:

Like I said, WHAT THE **** !!!

But I see where you're coming from (Good idea about DD too) and it's GROWING on me!!!

Also, you're right, it wouldn't be HARRY POTTER with some CHEESE

Old April 12th, 2008, 1:24 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post

New part of PS:    

(1/9/1991)

(DREAM)

SORTING HAT/VOLDERMORT

(1/9/1991)

STUDENT 1 (O.S.)
There, look.

STUDENT 2 (O.S.)
Where?

(2/9/1991)

STUDENT 1

STUDENT 2
Wearing the glasses?

STUDENT 1
Did you see his face?

STUDENT 2
Did you see his scar?

INT. GREENHOUSE ONE

INT. CHARMS CLASS

FILIUS FLITWICK
Harry Potter

MINERVA MCGONAGALL

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL

SEAMUS FINNIGAN

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL

INT. POTIONS DUNGEON

SEVERUS SNAPE

A few s******.

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)
(pause)

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE

HARRY POTTER
I don’t know, sir.

SEVERUS SNAPE

HARRY POTTER

SEVERUS SNAPE

SEVERUS SNAPE (CONT’D)

SEVERUS SNAPE

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Ok ArryGrotter a few comments:

Why are u showing all those classes? Time is money and are you really thinking of them hiring an actor...building the classroom set...just to show a shot of them in it and nothing more? I don't know if you plan on using these classes later on or not but for right now I don't think it's a good idea.

Although your script did make me realize that the first movie was the only film where we DIDN'T see a Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson...I think one should be included...but add a bit more to it if u can.

I'm not sure how I feel about that dream yet..but it is interesting there and those kids acting amazed to see Harry and Ron being happy about it is a nice touch.

Are you including scenes not from Harry's POV in this one? The scene with Snape and Dumbledore is interesting indeed.

So yeah the thing I think I dislike most off of this one is all those classes. Just show the classes where something happens if you want to show more of their school life but that's just imo. Can't wait to see more!

Old April 12th, 2008, 2:19 am

Thanks for the feedback. I mainly had the classes there for character establishment. Most of the classrooms would be used in the other movies (eg Astronomy Tower in HBP), so I thought I could use them now.

I think scenes not in Harry's POV are needed. The Snape/Dumbledore scene was taken from The Prince's Tale in DH, though I had to cut it before "Keep an eye on Quirell"

I do like the dream, but It'd probably one of the first things to go once I finish.

Old April 16th, 2008, 11:45 am
Fourth Year

No problem Arry! Keep em coming buddy!

Until then it is now time for me to FINALLY post the next section. Once again you all will notice some changes and a certain character missing since we're not sure if he's in or not....but in his place I moved an event from the end of the book up because I thought it would work...let me know what you think.

Quote:
Hermione walks off towards her dormitory leaving Harry standing there with a look of confusing on his face. He shrugs and walks off as the screen cuts to Harry and Ron walking through the snow filled Transfiguration Courtyard.

EXT. HOGWARTS-TRANSFIGURATION COURTYARD-MIDDAY

RON
All this N.E.W.T. work is driving me mad! Finally we get free time in our schedule and we have to use it for schoolwork….then there’s Quidditch…and Lavender….

They pause as they notice PROFESSOR TRELAWNEY walking slowly down the hall sorting through what looked like dirty playing cards muttering to herself as she walks.

TRELAWNEY
Two of spades: conflict. Seven of spades: an ill omen. Ten of spades: violence. Knave of spades: a dark young man, possibly troubled, one who dislikes the questioner….
(She pauses)
No…that can’t be right….

She reshuffles the cards as she continues to walk not noticing any of the students around her.

RON
Are you sure Dumbledore said she was the one?

HARRY
Yep….

RON
I’d rather deal with Trelawney than Lavender sometimes. She won’t let me breathe….she even calls me this stupid nickname….

LAVENDER
(Offscreen)
WON WON!!!

Lavender runs into the shot and plants a big hug on Ron who gives an irritated look at Harry.

LAVENDER
Oh my gosh I have SO much to tell you. You won’t believe what Pervati told me…oh hi Harry….but yeah Pervati heard something about Hannah Abbott that you won’t believe.…hey will you hold my books Won Won? Let’s go for a walk…I’ll tell you everything…..

She grabs his arm and pulls him away from Harry who laughs as Ron mouths ‘Help Me’ as Lavender continues to talk as they walk down the hall. There is a tap on Harry’s shoulder and he turns around and notices Luna standing there smiling at him.

LUNA
Hiya Harry!

HARRY
Luna…hey…how have you been?

LUNA
Oh it’s been all right. A bit lonely without the D.A. Ginny’s been nice, though and I just ran into Hermione, she seems a bit upset. She said something about that Ron Weasley….

HARRY
Yeah, they’ve had a row.

LUNA
He says very funny things sometimes, doesn’t he?

HARRY
I suppose. Hey…Luna…how would you like to come to Slughorn’s party with me?

LUNA
(shocked)
Slughorn’s party? With you?

HARRY
Yeah. We’re supposed to bring guests, so I thought you might like…I mean just as friends, you know? But if you don’t want to…

LUNA
Oh, no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend!

HARRY
That settles it then. I’ll meet you in the entrance hall at eight o’ clock then.

LUNA
I’ll see you then Harry!

Luna smiles and skips off and …

INT-THE GREAT HALL-EVENING

The scene cuts to them in the Great Hall where there are Christmas decorations set up and a few elves singing Christmas songs.

RON
You’re taking Loony Lovegood!

GINNY
Don’t call her that Ron! I’m really glad you’re taking her Harry, she’s so excited.

She walks over and sits with Dean and we see a shot of Hermione sitting down by herself at the end of the table. Parvati walks up to them.

PARVATI
Hi, Harry.

HARRY
Hey, you’re staying at Hogwarts then? I heard your parents wanted you to leave.

PARVATI
I managed to talk them out of it for the time being.
(Hermione walks past them.)
Oh, hi Hermione!

HERMIONE
Hi, Parvati! Are you going to Slughorn’s party tonight?

PARVATI
No invite, you’re going aren’t you?

HERMIONE
Yes, I’m meeting Cormac McLaggen at eight.

Ron coughs as if he just chocked on what he was eating and Hermione gives a slight smile at this reaction.

PARVATI
Oh really? Are you going out with him, then?

HERMIONE
Oh…yes…didn’t you know?

PARVATI
No! Wow, you like your Quidditch players don’t you? First Krum, then McLaggen…

HERMIONE
I like really good Quidditch players.

Ron frowns and furiously starts to eat his food as Hermione gives a slight smile and walks away. Harry notices Draco sitting at the Slytheran table looking pale and picking at his food.

INT. HOGWARTS-7TH FLOOR CORRIDOR-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Draco walking slowly down a hallway and the camera pans over to show Harry slowly following behind him. Draco looks over his shoulder before turning the corner. Harry waits a second and then follows. He turns the corner and BAM he runs into Crabbe and Goyle.

CRABBE
Where do you think you’re going Potter!

Harry tries to walk past them but they block his path. He looks past them and notice that Draco has already gone.

GOYLE
Problem Potter?

He stares at them for a moment and walks away. Crabbe and Goyle laugh as Harry turns the corner and the scene cuts to a shot of a blank piece of parchment. A wand is placed in the middle of the parchment.

HARRY
(Offscreen)
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

The parchments the reads MAURAUDERS MAP and Harry quickly opens it and starts to look through the numerous names that are on the map.

RON
What’s going on?

HARRY
I’m looking for Malfoy. Somethings up…I was trailing him after he left the Great Hall earlier but ran into Crabbe and Goyle….

RON
So?

HARRY
Ron he’s up to something…..

RON
Not this again Harry…..

HARRY
Yes Ron…and I can’t seem to find him on here…I see Crabbe and Goyle…but where’s Draco….

RON
Who knows. He could’ve taken a secret passage to Hogsmeade for all we know…just give it a rest…besides shouldn’t you be getting ready for Slughorn’s party thingy….can’t keep your date Loony waiting.

HARRY
Right….well…I think I’ll take my Invisibility Cloak with me…

RON
But…

HARRY
Just in case you know….

Ron just looks at Harry with a puzzled look on his face and the scene slowly fades to a shot of the corridor leading to Slughorns Office. Harry and Luna both walk into frame walking very slowly towards the door. They pause at the entrance and Harry takes a deep breathe.

HARRY
Well…shall we go in?

Luna nods and Harry opens the door.

INT. SLUGHORNS PARTY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to the inside of the party as Harry and Luna slowly walk through the door. The camera pans around to show the room is full of people. Fairies are fluttering around the ceiling and HOUSE ELVES are walking around carrying the dinner treys. Slughorn notices Harry and he excuses him self from the group of people he was talking to and walks quickly towards Harry with a booming smile on his face.

SLUGHORN
Harry, mboy!

HARRY
Evening sir….

SLUGHORN
And you’ve brought a date! Well come in, come in!!

HARRY
Sir when you have a moment there’s something I have to ask you….

SLUGHORN
In time Harry…there are so many people I’d like you to meet first!

Slughorn grabs Harry’s arm and pulls him towards the group he was just chatting with. Luna follows behind.

SLUGHORN
Harry, I’d like you to meet Eldred Worple, an old student of mine, author of Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires…and, of couse, his friend Sanguini.

Harry shakes Eldred hand and notices that Sanguini was a vampire who licks his lips as he looks over to a group of girls giggling on the other side of the party.

WORPLE
Harry Potter! A pleasure it is!

HARRY
Pleasure sir….

WORPLE
I was saying to Professor Slughorn the other day ‘Where is the biography of Harry Potter!’ I would be delighted to write it myself….

He looks over and notices Sanguini behind one of those girls sniffing the back of her neck.

WORPLE
Excuse me….

He runs over and pulls Sanguini away as he opens his mouth to take a bite of the girls neck and drags him back.

WORPLE
Sanguini behave youself!

SANGUINI
Just a little nibble…..

Harry and Luna cast a look at each other and slowly back away as Sanguini, Worple, and Slughorn all continue to chat. Harry notices Hermione standing in the back corner of the room with a look of fear in her eyes. Harry walks over to her.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Harry! Thank goodness, Hi Luna!

HARRY
What happened to you?

HERMIONE
Oh, I’ve just escaped…I mean, I’ve just left Cormac. Under the mistletoe…

HARRY
Serves you right for coming with him.

HERMIONE
I thought he’d annoy Ron most. He makes Grawp look like a gentleman. Let’s go this way; we’ll be able to see him coming

The three of them walk across the room towards Professor Trelawney who seems to be a bit tipsy.

LUNA
Hello Professor.

TRELAWNY
Good evening, my dear. I haven’t seen you in my classes lately…

Harry turns to Hermione as Trelawney talks to Luna

HARRY
Not enjoying the party?

HERMIONE
You think? I mean look Slughorn has elves serving the drinks and treats…I hope they’re getting paid for this.

HARRY
If you say so…..

HERMIONE
So have you got the chance to ask Slughorn about the Horcruxes yet?

HARRY
No he’s a bit busy. Hermione…..

Harry looks over and notices that Hermione has disappeared. He looks up and see’s Cormac walking towards him.

CORMAC
Potter!

HARRY
What do you want?

CORMAC
Hermione!
(Harry stares at him.)
I mean have you seen her?

HARRY
No, sorry.

Cormac gives Harry a slight frown and he turns around to Luna and Trelawney’s conversation.

TRELAWNY
Harry Potter! My dear boy! The rumors! The stories! The Chosen One! Of course, I have known for a very long time. Why have you not returned to Divination?

HARRY
Well…um…

Before he can answer Slughorn interrupts.

SLUGHORN
Harry m’boy are you avoiding me?

HARRY
No sir…

A small elf walks by carrying a tray with 4 classes.

TRELAWNEY
Do you mind if I take one?

She takes one glass and drinks it with one gulp. She then proceeds to quickly down the other 3 while Slughorn, Harry, and Luna look on. Once she finishes the elf just shakes it’s head and walks away.

SLUGHORN
So how are you Sybill?

TRELAWNY
Just fine thanks, just here wondering why Potter didn’t return to Divination, the subject is very important, especially for him.

SLUGHORN
We all think our subjects are important. But I don’t think I’ve ever known such a natural at Potions! Instinctive, you know….like his mother! I’ve only ever taught a few with this kind of ability, I can tell you that Sybill…why even Severus…

Slughorn looks around and notices Snape talking to a group of teachers, reaches out and grabs his arm.

SLUGHORN
Ahhh Severus! Come and join us!

Slughorn pulls Snape over to their circle. Snape gives Slughorn an irritated look as he readjusts his clothes.

SLUGHORN
Have I told you about Harry’s exceptional potion making? Some credit must go to you, of course, you taught him for five years!

SNAPE
Funny, I never had the impression that I managed to teach Potter anything at all.

SLUGHORN
Well, it’s natural ability. You should have seen what he gave me, first lesson, Draught of Living Death…not even you managed it on your first attempt Severus.

SNAPE
Really?

He casts a look at Harry who clears his throat and looks down.

SLUGHORN
What other subjects are you taking m’boy?

HARRY
Well…there’s Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration…

SNAPE
All the subjects required, in short for an Auror.

HARRY
Yeah, well, that’s what I want to do.

LUNA
I don’t think you should be an Auror Harry. They are a part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. They’re working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.

They all stare at her and we see Filch walk up holding Malfoy by the ear.

FILCH
Professor Slughorn, I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out?

MALFOY
All right, I wasn’t invited! I was trying to gatecrash, happy?

FILCH
No, I’m not! You’re in trouble, you are!

SLUGHORN
That’s all right, Argus. It’s Christmas, and it’s not a crime to want to come to a party. We’ll forget any punishment and you may stay, Draco.

Filch gives an angry grunt and storms off.

DRACO
Thanks….

SLUGHORN
It’s nothing, nothing! I did know your grandfather, after all….

DRACO
He always spoke very highly of you, sir. Said you were the best potion-maker he’d ever known……

SNAPE
I’d like a word with you, Draco.

SLUGHORN
Oh, now, Severus it’s Christmas, don’t be too hard…

SNAPE
I’m his Head of House, and I shall decide how hard, or otherwise, to be. Follow me, Draco.

Snape turns and grabs Draco by the ear as he pulls him away from the crowd and out of the door.

HARRY
Hey...Luna…I’ll be back in a bit...

LUNA
All right.

TRELAWNY
So dear, tell me more about this Rotfang Conspiracy…

INT-HALLLWAY-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks out of the room into the dark quite corridor. He pulls out his Invisibility Cloak and throws it over himself. He then walks slowly down the hall and turns to corner and see’s Snape and Draco standing there.

SNAPE
You cannot afford mistakes, Draco, because if you are expelled…

DRACO
I didn’t have anything to do with it, all right?

SNAPE
I hope you are telling the truth, because it was both clumsy and foolish. Already you are suspected of having a hand in it.

DRACO
Who suspects me? For the last time, I didn’t do it, okay?

SNAPE
Ah…Aunt Bellatrix has been teaching you Occlumency, I see. What thoughts are you trying to conceal from your master, Draco?

DRACO
I’m not trying to conceal anything; I just don’t want you butting in!

SNAPE
Listen to me; I am trying to help you. I made the Unbreakable Vow, Draco…

DRACO
Looks like you’ll have to break it then, because I don’t need your protection. I’ve got a plan and it’s going to work!

SNAPE
What is your plan?

DRACO
It’s none of your business!

SNAPE
Draco I can assist you…

DRACO
I’ve got all the assitance I need thanks, I’m not alone!

SNAPE
You were certainly alone tonight…

DRACO
I would’ve had Crabbe and Goyle if you hadn’t put them in detention!

SNAPE
If your friends intend to pass their Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L…

DRACO
What does it matter? It’s all a joke, an act. Like any of us need protecting against the Dark Arts…

SNAPE
It is an act that is crucial to success Draco! Confide in me and I can…

DRACO
I know what you’re up to! You want to steal my glory!

SNAPE
You are speaking like a child! I quite understand that your fathers capture and imprisonment has upset you, but…

Draco walks away immediately from Snape. Harry stands very still as he walks by. We see a shot of Snape watching Draco walk away and he returns back to the direction the party. We see a look of confused on Harry’s face and the scene fades…

INT-THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MORNING

To a snowy shot of the Burrow, then the scene changes to Harry and Ron chopping things in the kitchen sink.

RON
So Snape was definitely offering to help him?

HARRY
He said he’s promised Malfoy’s mother to protect him, that he’d made an Unbreakable Oath or something…

RON
An Unbreakable Vow? Are you sure?

HARRY
Yes, what does it mean?

RON
Well you can’t break an Unbreakable Vow…

HARRY
I’d worked that much out for myself, funnily enough.

RON
If you break it you die. Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was five actually…

Fred and George enter the kitchen as he says this.

GEORGE
Well well well Ron

FRED
What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called…unless our information is faulty…Lavender Brown?

RON
Mind your own business!

FRED AND GEORGE
Ooohhhhhhhhhhh

FRED
Seems we’ve struck a nerve.

GEORGE
What we want to know however little brother is how did it happen?

FRED
Did she have an accident or something?

RON
What?

GEORGE
Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage.

Ron throws the knife at George and he turns it into an paper airplane immediately. Mrs. Weasley walks in on this exact moment.

GEORGE
Careful, now!

MRS. WEASLEY
RON! Don’t you EVER let me see you throwing knives again!

GEORGE
It’s ok mum he’s just a little love struck

RON
Shut up!

FRED
Shame you two aren’t seventeen yet....

GEORGE
Yeah once you’re allowed to use magic there will be no need to use such objects as knives…..

RON
Why don’t you two help us out then!

FRED
Sorry we have plans…..

GEORGE
And if you want people to help you Ron I wouldn’t chuck knives at them…

Harry laughs as Fred and George exit and Ron turns angrily back to the sink to continue cutting.

RON
Gits…

INT. -DEN-MORNING (LATER THAT DAY)

The scene cuts to Harry walking down the stairway of the Burrow. He notices Ginny sitting in front of the fireplace alone and with a bit of hesitation walks over to her.

HARRY
Ginny?

GINNY
Oh hey Harry…have a seat…

HARRY
Thanks….

He sits down and nervously starts to tap his fingers together. Harry and Ginny both look at each other and smile and Harry clears his throat.

HARRY
So…you’re doing really well in Quidditch Ginny….

GINNY
Thanks…surprisingly Ron isn’t so bad himself…

HARRY
Heh…Yeah…so…is Dean coming over for Christmas?

GINNY
No…and a good thing too I say. He’s been driving me mad recently.

HARRY
Really?

GINNY
Yeah…he’s always trying to…help me do things…I keep telling him I’m not a baby…

HARRY
Oh…well…I’m sure he’ll come around…

GINNY
Doubt it…we’ve been fighting a lot lately…

HARRY
Well if there’s anything I can do….

GINNY
Don’t worry Harry if we break up it won’t affect the team…

HARRY
I’m not worried about the team…just you…

Ginny looks over at Harry and stares into his eyes. They both stare at each other for a moment and slowly begin to lean forwards. Their lips are inches from touching when Ginny backs away.

GINNY
I can’t….

HARRY
No….I’m sorry…that was uncalled for…

GINNY
Well you weren’t the only one leaning in were you?

She gives Harry a smile as there is commotion in the kitchen. They both get up and walk in as Mr. Weasley walks in dusting snow off of his coat and following him is REMUS LUPIN.

HARRY
Professor Lupin…

LUPIN
Harry…it’s nice to see you again….

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh Remus I’m glad you made it here alright! Would you like a bowl of soup?

LUPIN
I’m fine now Molly thanks…

MRS. WEASLEY
Nonsense! Ginny could you grab the bowls dear?

GINNY
Sure mum…

Mrs. Weasley goes to stir the soup as Ginny looks through the cabinets. Harry walks up to both Lupin and Mr. Weasley.

HARRY
I’m glad you two are here…there’s something I have to tell you…

The scene cuts to Lupin, Mr. Weasley, and Harry sitting around the fireplace as Christmas music plays in the background.

HARRY
Snape was definitely trying to help Malfoy with something.

MR. WEASLEY
Has it occurred to you, Harry that Snape was simply pretending...?

HARRY
Pretending to offer help so he can find out what Malfoy’s up to? Yeah, I thought you’d say that, but how do we know?

MR. WEASLEY
It isn’t out business to know. Dumbledore trusts Severus, and that ought to be good enough for all of us.

HARRY
But just say Dumbledore’s wrong about Snape…

LUPIN
People have said it many times Harry. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore’s judgement.

HARRY
But Dumbledore can make mistakes. He says it himself, and sir do you honestly trust Snape?

LUPIN
I neither like nor dislike Severus. We shall never be friends….

He pauses as he catches a glimpse of the Daily Prophet that is sitting beside Mr. Weasley.

LUPIN
Arthur…could you…

Mr. Weasley hands Lupin the paper and he stares down at the cover page.

HARRY
What is it sir? Someone we know….?

LUPIN
No Harry….

He turns the paper around and the headline reads ‘MORE ATTACKS’ and on the cover is FENRIR GREYBACK who looks as if he’s growling back up at us.

HARRY
Who is that?

Lupin and Mr. Weasley both make eye contact with each other and Lupin hands the paper to Harry.

LUPIN
Fenrir Greyback is the most savage werewolf alive today. He regards it his mission in life to bite and contaminate as many people as possible, sometimes even without the full moon. Voldemort has promised him prey in return for his services. Greyback specializes in children; it was Greyback who bit me.

HARRY
What? When you were a kid?

LUPIN
Yes. My father had offended him. I guess it worked out in the end however. I’ve been underground the past few months living among the werewolves; nearly all of them are on Voldemort’s side. Dumbledore wanted a spy and here I was…ready made.

HARRY
How come they like Voldemort?

LUPIN
They think that, under his rule, they will have a better life.

Harry looks back down at the paper and the image of Greyback continues to glare up at him and the camera slowly fades to a shot of Harry sleeping. Ron’s voice wakes him up.

INT-RONS BEDROOM-CHRISTMAS MORNING

RON
(Off screen)
She’s got to be joking!

Harry sits up and grabs his glasses. He see’s Ron holding up a chain.

HARRY
What’s that?

RON
Its from Lavender, she can’t honestly think I’d wear…

He turns the chain around and it reads My Sweetheart.

HARRY
Nice, you should definitely wear it in front of Fred and George.

RON
If you tell them..I…I…I’ll…

HARRY
Stutter at me?

Harry and Ron both have a laugh as the scene cuts to:

INT. KITCHEN-CHRISTMAS AFTERNOON

Fred, George, Mr and Mrs. Weasly, Lupin, Ginny, and Harry sitting around the dinner table. There’s a lot of rustle and talking around the table.

HARRY
This is excellent Mrs. Weasley

MRS. WEASLEY
Thanks Harry dear.

FRED
So Ron….

GEORGE
About this Lavender Brown…

RON
Shut up!

GINNY
Oohhh..looks like Ron can’t take what he dishes!

RON
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!

FRED
Oh so angry…

GEORGE
That’s what love does to you…

As everyone laughs Ginny looks over and notices to figures walking toward the house. She gets up and looks out of the window.

GINNY
Hey, it’s…its Tonks!

LUPIN
What?

MRS. WEASLEY
Yes well I invited dear Tonks over for dinner. She wouldn’t come at first…

LUPIN
Molly….

Before he can say anything she jumps up and opens the door signaling Tonks in. Tonks walks in slowly wiping snowflakes off of herself.

TONKS
Sorry I’m so late Molly I….

She looks up at the table and notices Lupin sitting there. He looks down at his plate and Tonks looks down at Molly.

TONKS
I thought you said he wouldn’t be here…

MRS. WEASLEY
Yes well he showed up unexpectingly. You’ve come all this way now dear have a seat…it’s already prepared there next to Remus.

LUPIN
Oh really Molly? I thought you said this seat was for Hermione.

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh didn’t I tell you she isn’t joining us this year…sit Tonks…

Tonks sighs and sits next to Lupin who looks even more uncomfortable. Harry and Ron both look at Ginny who shrugs and Mrs. Weasley sits back down.

MRS. WEASLEY
Well isn’t this lovely. All together for Christmas dinner…do you want any pea’s dear?

TONKS
No thanks….I’m not really hungry at the moment.

Mrs. Weasley waves her hand and food starts piling on Tonks plate.

MRS. WEASLEY
Rubbish you’ve traveled so far….

LUPIN
Molly I know what you’re trying to do….

TONKS
And what’s that Remus?

LUPIN
(Sighs)
Nymphodora this isn’t the time nor place…

TONK
It never is Remus….

She gets up and walks out of the room and Mrs. Weasley glares at Lupin.

MRS. WEASLEY
Now look what you’ve done!

She gets up and runs after Tonks. Lupin sighs before getting up and following. The rest of them at the table all look at each other in silence for a moment and then they all get up and follow.

INT. THE BURROW-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

They stand outside of the living room and watch the events unfold inside. Tonks is sitting on the couch and Molly is comforting her. Lupin looks down at them.

LUPIN
Tonks you should really eat something….

TONKS
I don’t want food right now Remus!

LUPIN
Stop acting like a child!

TONKS
A child Remus…a child!

With this she gets up and faces him.

TONKS
You’re the one acting like a child Remus…can’t you see what this is doing to me….

REMUS
You know I hate seeing you in pain…but…I’m a werewolf…

TONKS
I know…and I told you a million times I don’t care!

LUPIN
And I’ve told you a million times that I am too old for you….too poor…too dangerous….

Mrs. Weasley stands up as he says this

MRS. WEASLEY
I’ve said all along you’re taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus.

LUPIN
She deserves someone young and whole Molly.

TONKS
But I want you Remus…can’t you see. I love you and I know you love me…

LUPIN
Can we discuss this later….

TONKS
How do you know there will be a later!

She storms off again this time walking through Harry and company standing outside listening. Mrs. Weasley once agains chases her and Lupin sits in a chair and puts his hand on his head.

FRED
Well this has been fun….

GEORGE
But there is still hot dinner that we intend to enjoy…

They both walk off back towards the table as Mr. Weasley goes to talk to Lupin. Harry, Ron, and Ginny look at each other.

RON
Well I guess that explains why she’s been looking so dreadful lately.

Ginny punches Ron in the arm, rolls her eyes, and walks away. Ron and Harry cast side looks at each as the scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow once again and then slowly fades into a shot of Hogwarts.

Old April 16th, 2008, 11:49 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
GINNY
I can’t….

HARRY
No….I’m sorry…that was uncalled for…

GINNY
Well you weren’t the only one leaning in were you?

I usually just read and did no comment ...but i do have something to say this time about this bit...

If this happens ...and i like it as it is before ...the leaning in and stuff...i dont see this bit i quoted happening...

As i understand Ginny´s character ,she would have stopped herself from kissing Harry but without explenations...just stopping herself under an excuse whatever that might be...

I just dont see it happening like that...they stop themselves allright without elaborating on it...that would be too akward...

there...I have my said...i havent finished reading so who knows if i´ll had something else to add....

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:05 am
Second Year

I'd add this line into "GoF" (actual quotes from the book are in italics).

Hermione: All the good-looking ones taken, Ron? Eloise Midgen starting to look quite pretty now, is she? Well, I'm sure you'll find someone somewhere who'll have you.
[Ron stares at Hermione, as though suddenly seeing her in a whole new light]
Ron: Hermione, Neville's right--you are a girl....
Hermione: Oh well spotted! [acidly]

Ginny: [turning to Harry and whispering] It took him this long to realize that? No wonder he couldn't get a date.
[Harry stiffles his laughter]

Old April 17th, 2008, 12:53 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
No problem Arry! Keep em coming buddy!

Until then it is now time for me to FINALLY post the next section. Once again you all will notice some changes and a certain character missing since we're not sure if he's in or not....but in his place I moved an event from the end of the book up because I thought it would work...let me know what you think.
Hey Phrozenone,

I think I'm being really stupid, but what are the changes made, the character missing (Dobby?) and the event that was moved???

Sorry, but I didn't notice this, maybe I should go back and read this part in the Book to deduce what changes you made.

Anyways, if you fill me in, I'll be better able to give you some constructive criticism!

Old April 18th, 2008, 2:45 am
Second Year

Quote:
Quote:
GINNY
Well Harry, you need to be careful. There are a lot of girls out to get you.

HARRY
Oh Ginny what would Dean say?

GINNY
(Laughs)
I’m talking about Romilda Vane. I was in the girl’s bathroom just before I came here and I overheard her talking to her friends. They’re hoping you’re going to take them to Slughorn’s party, and they all seem to have bought Fred and George’s love potions. I’d just invite someone to go with if I were you.

HARRY
There isn’t anyone I want to invite except…..

He looks over at Ginny but clears his throat and looks straight ahead again.

GINNY
Well just be careful what you drink.
This was also BRILLIANT!!! I like how you switched it from Hermione relaying the info to Ginny. You really are doing a WONDERFUL job at the romance part and HINTING! I like the "Oh Ginny, what would Dean say?" and the looks over at Ginny when thinking of who to invite.
That was briliant.

Okay, I'm going to be doing this chronologically.

Philosopher’s Stone:    

The Boy Who Lived
Opens in the clouds. Camera moves forward and passes by the title:

Harry Potter
and the
Philosopher’s Stone

Camera comes down to the Grunnings building as several owls fly by. Comes right to Vernon’s
window. Vernon is facing away from the window, and misses seeing five owls fly by it. He is
talking sternly on the phone.

VERNON:
I don’t care if you have to work every day from now ‘til Christmas! Get it DONE!

Vernon slams the phone down and grumbles all kinds of nonsense to himself. He looks at his
watch and sees that it’s five o’clock. Vernon grabs his briefcase and walks out, passing his
secretary.

SECRETARY:
[cheery] Have a wonderful day, Mr. Dursley.

Vernon grunts, and the secretary frowns at him. A man in green robes passes Vernon.

VERNON:
[grumbling] Ruddy kids and their mad fashions.

MAN IN GREEN:
[to secretary, quietly] Did you hear? About the Potters?

SECRETARY:
[just as quietly] Yes. What was that about their son, Harry?

Vernon looks a bit panicked, and dashes off before he can hear more. He runs into the elevator.

Cut to the ground floor. Vernon dashes out of the building and runs into a man in violet robes,
knocking him over.

VERNON:
Sorry. [looks and notices the robes, his expression becomes exasperated]

MAN IN VIOLET:
[seeming absolutely thrilled] Don’t be sorry, my friend, for nothing can upset me today! Even
Muggles, such as yourself should rejoice, for You-Know-Who is finally gone! [hugs a very
surprised Vernon] Oh, happy day! [let’s go of Vernon and walks off] Happy, happy day! Bless
you, Harry Potter!
Vernon looks extremely shocked and stands rooted where he stands. Fade to Privet Drive.
Vernon’s car pulls into the driveway of Number 4. Vernon walks out of the car and sees a cat on
the stonewall around the yard.

VERNON:
[to the cat] Shoo. Shoo.

Cat stares at him, as if questioning his sanity. Vernon walks inside with a little more speed than
necessary.

VERNON:
[while walking inside] Petunia, I’m home.

Petunia walks over to Vernon with a babbling baby Dudley on her hip and kisses him on the
cheek.

PETUNIA:
Welcome home. [walking off] What a day. Dudley learned how to say, “Won’t”. He is the
smartest little boy, make no mistake. And I have to tell you, Mrs. Shwartz is having the biggest...

Vernon looks outside as his wife rambles and sees three owls fly by. He closes the door and
nervously bites his lower lip and walks into the kitchen.

PETUNIA:
...Bubbles? Who names their cat “Bubbles”? Raving mad that woman is! Could use more sense
in her life.

VERNON:
[clears his throat] Er...Petunia...dear...you...haven’t hear from...your sister lately, have you?

PETUNIA:
[looking as if her whole day was ruined] NO! Why?

VERNON:
Funny stuff happening. Owls everywhere. Funny looking folks in town. I just thought it might
have something to do with her crowd.

Petunia sips her tea, looking absolutely miffed.

VERNON:
Er...their son would be about Dudley’s age now, wouldn’t he? What was his name again?
Howard?

PETUNIA:
Harry. Nasty, common name if you ask me.

Fade out on a very nervous Vernon.

Let me know what you think.

Old April 18th, 2008, 10:28 am
Secret Keeper

Phrozenone, I have a question, something that ArryGrotter and I just discussed:

Quote:
HARRY
No sir…

A small elf walks by carrying a tray with 4 classes.

TRELAWNEY
Do you mind if I take one?

She takes one glass and drinks it with one gulp. She then proceeds to quickly down the other 3 while Slughorn, Harry, and Luna look on. Once she finishes the elf just shakes it’s head and walks away.
How come you left Trelawny in?

Did you plan on cutting her, you know she wasn't cast?

Also, you had this bit earlier, so I figured you'd cut her altogether and replaced her part with Dumbledore:

Quote:
HARRY
Does what you’re going to tell me have anything to do with the prophecy?

DUMBLEDORE
Ah the prophecy. I’m glad you brought that up Harry. When you picked up the prophecy last year you heard it being given in your head am I correct?

HARRY
Yes sir….

DUMBLEDORE
The prophecy you heard last year was made by none other than Professor Trelawney.

HARRY
Trelawney?

DUMBLEDORE
(chuckles)
Seems a bit unbelievable?

HARRY
How do you know it was her sir?

DUMBLEDORE
I was there when she made it. You see I was interviewing her for the teaching post here. Unfortunately we were interrupted…..

Old April 19th, 2008, 1:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlong View Post
That was briliant.

Okay, I'm going to be doing this chronologically.

Philosopher’s Stone:    

The Boy Who Lived
Opens in the clouds. Camera moves forward and passes by the title:

Harry Potter
and the
Philosopher’s Stone

Camera comes down to the Grunnings building as several owls fly by. Comes right to Vernon’s
window. Vernon is facing away from the window, and misses seeing five owls fly by it. He is
talking sternly on the phone.

VERNON:
I don’t care if you have to work every day from now ‘til Christmas! Get it DONE!

Vernon slams the phone down and grumbles all kinds of nonsense to himself. He looks at his
watch and sees that it’s five o’clock. Vernon grabs his briefcase and walks out, passing his
secretary.

SECRETARY:
[cheery] Have a wonderful day, Mr. Dursley.

Vernon grunts, and the secretary frowns at him. A man in green robes passes Vernon.

VERNON:
[grumbling] Ruddy kids and their mad fashions.

MAN IN GREEN:
[to secretary, quietly] Did you hear? About the Potters?

SECRETARY:
[just as quietly] Yes. What was that about their son, Harry?

Vernon looks a bit panicked, and dashes off before he can hear more. He runs into the elevator.

Cut to the ground floor. Vernon dashes out of the building and runs into a man in violet robes,
knocking him over.

VERNON:
Sorry. [looks and notices the robes, his expression becomes exasperated]

MAN IN VIOLET:
[seeming absolutely thrilled] Don’t be sorry, my friend, for nothing can upset me today! Even
Muggles, such as yourself should rejoice, for You-Know-Who is finally gone! [hugs a very
surprised Vernon] Oh, happy day! [let’s go of Vernon and walks off] Happy, happy day! Bless
you, Harry Potter!
Vernon looks extremely shocked and stands rooted where he stands. Fade to Privet Drive.
Vernon’s car pulls into the driveway of Number 4. Vernon walks out of the car and sees a cat on
the stonewall around the yard.

VERNON:
[to the cat] Shoo. Shoo.

Cat stares at him, as if questioning his sanity. Vernon walks inside with a little more speed than
necessary.

VERNON:
[while walking inside] Petunia, I’m home.

Petunia walks over to Vernon with a babbling baby Dudley on her hip and kisses him on the
cheek.

PETUNIA:
Welcome home. [walking off] What a day. Dudley learned how to say, “Won’t”. He is the
smartest little boy, make no mistake. And I have to tell you, Mrs. Shwartz is having the biggest...

Vernon looks outside as his wife rambles and sees three owls fly by. He closes the door and
nervously bites his lower lip and walks into the kitchen.

PETUNIA:
...Bubbles? Who names their cat “Bubbles”? Raving mad that woman is! Could use more sense
in her life.

VERNON:
[clears his throat] Er...Petunia...dear...you...haven’t hear from...your sister lately, have you?

PETUNIA:
[looking as if her whole day was ruined] NO! Why?

VERNON:
Funny stuff happening. Owls everywhere. Funny looking folks in town. I just thought it might
have something to do with her crowd.

Petunia sips her tea, looking absolutely miffed.

VERNON:
Er...their son would be about Dudley’s age now, wouldn’t he? What was his name again?
Howard?

PETUNIA:
Harry. Nasty, common name if you ask me.

Fade out on a very nervous Vernon.

Let me know what you think.
Good attempt. Loved the talk with the Dursleys.

Nit-picks:
Do not like at ALL how it opens. Makes it seem like Vernon's the main character (I know the book opens with the Dursleys, but before we actually meet them we've been told about the Potter's)
Why is everyone in Grunnings, expect Vernon magical, all that happened on the street for a reason.

That's all. Like I said it was good.

Old April 20th, 2008, 10:31 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Hey Phrozenone,

I think I'm being really stupid, but what are the changes made, the character missing (Dobby?) and the event that was moved???

Sorry, but I didn't notice this, maybe I should go back and read this part in the Book to deduce what changes you made.

Anyways, if you fill me in, I'll be better able to give you some constructive criticism!
tsk tsk tsk for shame....you should know that Scrimgeour was in this section of the book (as well as Mr. Percy Weasley I might add) I, of course, wrote him out just in case he isn't in the film and I moved the conversation between Tonks and Lupin from the end after Dumbledore died to here since I never really liked it there in the first place (And since Bill getting injured kind of triggered the convo...and there's no Bill...why not move it up?)

Quote:
Phrozenone, I have a question, something that ArryGrotter and I just discussed:

How come you left Trelawny in?

Did you plan on cutting her, you know she wasn't cast?

Also, you had this bit earlier, so I figured you'd cut her altogether and replaced her part with Dumbledore:

Ah but remember...Dumbledore only told Harry who made the prophecy...not who actually walked into the room while the prophecy was being made. Wonder how he's going to find that one out....

Last edited by Phrozenone; April 20th, 2008 at 10:34 am.
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:19 pm
Fourth Year

hmmm this thread as gotten quiet! Regardless I am on a little vacation and all my HBP files are back on another computer SO as a treat I will post the rest of my DH script (If you want to see the beginning check page 5 I think) As before this is the first draft and I was just toying with ideas and I'm sure there will be things alot of you don't like. I've yet to finish my DH script (Since I left it here AND I've been working on HBP) but here is a look at the rest of what I've written. Comments are of course welcomed (As well as with the other HBP excerts..come on people I want feedback! )

Warning this is a LONG one.

Quote:
INT. WOODS-THE TENT-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Hermione reading the book given to her by Dumbledore as Ron and Harry pick at their food.

RON
Weeks we’ve been out here…. moving the tent everyday…barely getting any food…. accomplishing nothing….

HERMIONE
Ron please!

HARRY
Find anything good in there?

HERMIONE
No…it’s just a book of fables really. I don’t know why Dumbledore insisted on giving this to me…

HARRY
I’ve been thinking. For months we’ve been searching at places we’d think Vol….

RON
Don’t say his name!

HARRY
Fine…You Know Who…Happy?

RON
Not particularly.

HARRY
Anyways, we’ve been to his old orphaning, his ancestors old home… but there are a few places we’ve yet to look. We have Borgin and Burkes, you know he went into exile in Albania for a while….

RON
Yeah, let’s go to Albania. Shouldn’t take more than an afternoon to search an entire country.

HARRY
I have a feeling however, that there’s one in Hogwarts.

HERMIONE
But don’t you think Dumbledore would’ve found it there?

HARRY
Dumbledore said that he never assumed he knew all of Hogwart’s secrets. I’m telling you, if there’s one place Vol…

RON
No!

HARRY
YOU KNOW WHO THEN! If there was one place that was really important it was Hogwarts. It was his first real home, the place that meant he was special; it meant everything to him, and even after he left…

RON
This is You Know Who we’re talking bout, not you.
(The tugs at the locket around his neck and starts poking at his plate again.)
I can’t keep eating this rubbish.

HERMIONE
Rubbish? Harry caught that fish and I did my best with it! I notice I’m always the one who ends up sorting out the food, because I’m a girl I suppose!

RON
No, it’s because you’re supposed to be the best at magic! My mother can make good food appear out of thin air.

HERMIONE
It’s impossible to make good food out of nothing! You can summon it if you know where it is, you can transform it, and you can increase the quantity if you’ve already got some….

RON
Well don’t bother increasing this, it’s disgusting.

HARRY
Shut up the both of you. I hear someone.

EXT. THE WOODS-MOMENTS LATER

Harry gets up and walks out of the tent. Hermione and Ron follow him as he walks up to a tree and notices 3 figures sitting around a fire inches away from them.

HARRY
They won’t be able to hear us right?

HERMIONE
No….I wonder who they are….
(She runs back into the tent and returns with a few extendable ears.)
Fred and George’s Extendable Ears….I packed them just in case.

HARRY
Brilliant Hermione!

She smiles at him as she hands him one and Ron frowns.

The scene cuts to DEAN THOMAS, Ted Tonks, and the goblin GRIPHOOK sitting around the fire talking.

TED
The Ministry is conducting Muggle Born registration of all half bloods. I made a run for it once I heard a few Death Eaters were in the area. My wife is pure blood so she’ll be okay. My daughter Dora was married a few months ago and she’s now pregnant.

The scene cuts to Hermione putting her hand over her mouth happily about the news.

DEAN
Isn’t she married to Professor Lupin?

TED
The very same. It’ll be tough for them, him being a werewolf and all, but they love each other. What has you on the run Griphook, I had the impression the goblins were for You-Know-Who on the whole.

GRIPHOOK
You had a false impression. Regardless Gringotts is no longer under the sole control of my race, I recognize no Wizarding master. Funnily enough I had a small revenge before I left.

DEAN
How so?

GRIPHOOK
Did you hear that some kids tried to steal Gryffindor’s sword out of Snape’s office at Hogwarts?

DEAN
Ah yeah, Snape is Headmaster now isn’t he?

GRIPHOOK
Yes, and the youngest of the Weasleys and some of her friends tried to take the sword but got caught by Snape.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all look at each other with a shocked look in their eyes

TED
What did they want with it?

GRIPHOOK
No idea, but whatever they thought they were going to do with it, Snape decided the sword wasn’t safe where it was. Couple of days later he sent it down to London to be kept in Gringotts.
(Laughs)

TED
What’s so funny?

GRIPHOOK
The sword was a fake! An excellent copy true enough, but it was Wizard made, I could tell.

DEAN
What happened to Ginny and the others?

GRIPHOOK
Oh, they were punished, and cruelly.

TED
But they’re okay though? I mean, the Weasley’s don’t need any more of their kids injured, do they?

GRIPHOOK
They suffered no serious injury, as far as I am aware.

TED
Good. Well now that we’re all fed I think it’s best we move on. Can’t stand to stay in one spot for very long.

The three of them start to gather their things as Harry reels in his Extendable Ear with a look of worry on his face.

HARRY
Did you just hear that? The sword…

HERMIONE
I know. And that explains how Snape knew we were at Grimmauld Place. Phineas must’ve told him…

HARRY
Regardless Hermione, we have to try and contact him again.

HERMIONE
But Harry….

HARRY
Hermione…please?

INT. WOODS-THE TENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Hermione in front of the portrait with Harry and Ron standing behind her.

HERMIONE
Phineas Nigellus, are you there.

PHINEAS
Please always helps…

HERMIONE
Obscuro!

When Phineas appears in the portrait a black blindfold is put on his face.

PHINEAS
What…how dare you!

HERMIONE
I’m very sorry Mr. Black. It’s a necessary precaution.

PHINEAS
Remove this at once! Where am I? What is going on?

HARRY
Never mind where we are….

PHINEAS
Can that possibly be the voice of the elusive Mr. Potter?

HARRY
Maybe. We’ve got a couple of questions to ask you about the sword of Gryffindor.

PHINEAS
As yes. That silly girl acted most unwisely there….

RON
Shut up about my sister!

PHINEAS
Who else is there? Your tone displeases me! The girl and her friends were foolhardy in the extreme. Thieving from the headmaster!

HARRY
They weren’t thieving. That sword isn’t Snapes.

PHINEAS
It belongs to Professor Snape’s School. She deserved her punishment, as did the idiot Longbottom and the Lovegood oddity!

HARRY
How did Snape punish Ginny, Neville, and Luna?

PHINEAS
Professor Snape sent them into the Forbidden Forest, to do some work for the oaf Hagrid.

HARRY
(Laughs)
Ginny, Neville, and Luna probably had a good laugh with Hagrid. The Forbidden Forest…they’ve seen worse in there…

PHINEAS
I grow weary of this. Perhaps it is time for me to return to the headmaster’s office.

HARRY
Dumbledore! Can’t you bring us Dumbledore?

PHINEAS
The portraits of Hogwarts may commune with each other, but they cannot travel outside the castle except to visit a painting of themselves hanging elsewhere.

HERMIONE
Professor Black couldn’t you just tell us, please, when was the last time the sword was taken out of its case? Before Ginny took it out, I mean?

PHINEAS
(Snorts)
I believe that the last time I saw the sword of Gryffindor leave its case was when Professor Dumbledore used it to break open a ring.

Hermione turns around quickly with her mouth wide open to Harry in shock.

PHINEAS
Well, good night to you.

HARRY
Wait! Have you told Snape you saw this?

PHINEAS
Professor Snape has more important things on his mind than the many eccentricities of Albus Dumbledore. Good-bye Potter!

And like that Phineas in gone once again out of the portrait.

HERMIONE
Harry did you hear….?

HARRY
I know!
(He jumps up excited and starts to pace around the tent)

HERMIONE
The sword can destroy Horcruxes! Goblin made blades imbibe only that which strengthen them…Harry, that sword’s impregnated with basilisk venom!

HARRY
And Dumbledore didn’t give it to me because he still needed it, he wanted to use it on the locket…

HERMIONE
And he must have realized they wouldn’t let you have it if he put it in his will so he made a copy….

HARRY
And put a fake in the glass case…. but where do you think he left the real one?

HERMIONE
Do you think somewhere in Hogsmeade?

HARRY
The Shrieking Shack? Nobody ever goes in there.

HERMIONE
But Snape knows how to get in, wouldn’t that be a bit risky?

HARRY
Dumbledore trusts Snape.

HERMIONE
Not enough to tell him that he had swapped the swords.

HARRY
You’re right. So, would he have hidden the sword well away from Hogsmeade, then? What d’you reckon, Ron? Ron?

Harry turns around and notices Ron sitting in the corner alone looking particularly angry.

RON
Oh, remembered me, have you? You two carry on, don’t let me spoil your fun.

HARRY
What’s the problem?

RON
Problem? There’s no problem. Not according to you, anyway.

HARRY
Well, you’ve obviously got a problem. Spit it out, will you?

Ron jumps up out of the bed he was sitting on.

RON
All right, I’ll spit it out. Don’t expect me to skip up and down the tent because there’s some other damn thing we’ve got to find. Just add it to the list of stuff you don’t know.

HARRY
I don’t know…?

RON
It’s not like I’m not having the time of my life here. You know nothing to eat, freezing my backside off every night. I just hoped, you know, after we’d been running around a few weeks, we’d have achieved something.

HERMIONE
Ron….

HARRY
I thought you knew what you’d signed up for! Did you think we’d be staying in five star hotels? Finding a Horcrux every other day? Did you think you’d be back to Mummy by Christmas?

RON
We thought you knew what you were doing! We thought Dumbledore had told you what to do, we thought you had a plan!

HERMIONE
Ron!

HARRY
Well, sorry to let you down. I’ve been straight with you from the start, and in case you haven’t noticed, we’ve found one Horcrux…

RON
Oh yeah lucky for us your house elf happened to have one on him! We’re nowhere near getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them….!

HERMIONE
Take off the locket Ron. You wouldn’t be talking like this if you hadn’t been wearing it all day.

HARRY
So why are you still here?

RON
Search me.

HARRY
Go home then.

RON
Yeah, maybe I will! Didn’t you hear what they said about my sister? But you don’t give a rat’s fart, do you, it’s only the Forbidden Forest, Harry I’ve-Faced-Worse Potter doesn’t care what happens to her in there…

HARRY
I was only saying…she was with the others, they were with Hagrid….

RON
Yeah I get it, you don’t care! Maybe Ginny was just preparation for the person you really have feelings for right?
(HE glances over at Hermione)

HARRY
What do you…?

RON
And what about the rest of my family? The Weasleys don’t need another kid injured did you hear that? Not bothered what it meant though? But it’s all right though, since your parents are safely out of the way….

HARRY
My parents are dead!

RON
And mine could be going the same way!

HARRY
Then GO! Go back to them!

Ron pulls out his wand and Harry reacts as Hermione pulls out hers at the same time.

HERMIONE
Protego!

Harry and Ron are forced apart, but they continue to glare at each other through the invisible barrier.

HARRY
Leave the Horcrux!

Ron takes off the locket from around his neck and throws it to the ground. He then turns to look at Hermione.

RON
So what are you doing? Are you staying or what?

HERMIONE
I…yes I’m staying Ron. We said we’d go with Harry, we said we’d help….

RON
I get it. You choose him.

He walks quickly out of the tent.

HERMIONE
Ron…no…please…come back.
(She waves her wand so the shield is lifted)
Ron!

EXT. THE WOODS-MOMENTS LATER

Hermione runs out of the tent calling his name but Ron is nowhere to be found. She drops to her knees and begins to cry. Harry watches her from inside the tent as the scene slowly fades as snow falls across it.

INT. THE WOODS-WEEKS LATER

The scene fades to Hermione shooting protective spells around the snowy tent. Once she casts the final spell she sighs and returns into the tent.

INT. THE WOODS-THE TENT-MOMENTS LATER

HERMIONE
They’re all up. Has Phineas been back yet?

HARRY
No, but he’ll be back soon enough. He’s been good company the past few weeks since….

He looks up at the hurt expression on her face and quickly changes the subject.

HARRY
Hermione I’ve been thinking. I want to go to Godric’s Hollow.

HERMIONE
Yes, I’ve been wondering that too. I really think we’ll have to. I mean, I can’t think of anywhere else it could be. It’ll be dangerous, but the more I think about it, the more likely it seems it’s there.

HARRY
What’s there?

HERMIONE
The sword Harry! Dumbledore must have known you’d want to go back there, and I mean, Godric’s Hollow is Godric Gryffindor’s birthplace after all…

HARRY
Really? Gryffindor came from Godric’s Hallow?

HERMIONE
Harry, did you ever even open A History of Magic?

HARRY
But where in Godric’s Hallow could it be?

HERMIONE
I don’t’ know…

HARRY
Wait a moment…Dumbledore’s Obituary….

HERMIONE
What about it?

HARRY
(He reaches into his pocket and pulls the folded piece of newspaper out and begins to speed read through it.)
There’s a section. Where different people sent a word of acknowledgement to Dumbledore. Why didn’t I think of this before…. look…Bathilda Bagshot…she lives in Godrics Hollows. What if Dumbledore trusted her with the sword?

HERMIONE
The Bathilda Bagshot? Let me see
(She takes the clipping from Harry and reads)
She wrote the book A History of Magic I just mentioned…. do you think it’s possible?

HARRY
What else do we have to lose?

EXT. GODRICS HOLLOW-NIGHT

The scene fades to Harry and Hermione walking through the snow through the town of GODRICS HOLLOW. In the background we hear Christmas music playing and Harry and Hermione glance shadows of families enjoying their holiday.

HERMIONE
I think it’s Christmas Eve…I can’t believe how long we’ve been away from everyone…Do you have the invisibility cloak close? I mean just in case….

HARRY
Yeah it’s in this bag….

They slowly walk towards a War Memorial in the middle of the town. As they get closer to it begins to change into a statue of baby Harry and his parents. Harry stops and stares at it.

HARRY
I never thought there would be a statue. And look a baby me…with no scar….

HERMIONE
Harry look, the graveyards just beyond there!

EXT. GODRICS HOLLOW-GRAVEYARD-MOMENTS LATER

Harry and Hermione walk slowly through the graveyard. Hermione gasps as she notices one and beckons Harry towards it.

HARRY
What is…?

The camera pans to show a tombstone that says KENDRA DUMBLEDORE AND HER DAUGHTER ARIANA. ‘Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also’

HERMIONE
I didn’t know Dumbledore’s family also lived here.

HARRY
Neither did I.

HERMIONE
I think that explains how Dumbledore and Bathilda know each other. Interesting….

HARRY
Yeah…let’s keep moving.

They keep walking looking at the tombstone and the camera pans by one that has a symbol on it. Hermione pauses and stares at it

HARRY
What is it?

HERMIONE
That symbol. I’ve seen it before….

HARRY
I’m going to keep looking for my parents, all right?

He walks off leaving Hermione as she examines the tombstone further. Suddenly Harry pauses as two white tombs lay before him and he automatically knows who they are.

HARRY
Hermione! I think…I think I’ve found them….

He walks up slowly towards the tombstone as Hermione runs to join him. The camera pans over to show the tombs read:

JAMES POTTER LILY POTTER
BORN 27 MARCH 1960 BORN 30 JANUARY1960
DIED 31 OCTOBER 1981 DIED 31 OCTOBER 1981

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death

HARRY
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death? Isn’t that a Death Eater idea? Why is that there?

HERMIONE
It doesn’t mean defeating death in the way the Death Eaters mean it, Harry. It means living beyond death. Living after death.

Harry reaches out and touches the tombstone and tears rush down his eyes. He places his head on his parents tombstone and weeps and Hermione caresses his shoulder.

HARRY
I should have brought them something…. anything…

Hermione grabs his hand and pulls him away. She pulls out her wand, waves it, and a wreath of Christmas roses blossomed before them.

HARRY
Thank you Hermione.

He puts his arm around her shoulder and they walk away from the tombstones.

EXT. HOUSE OF RUBBLE-GODRICS HOLLOW-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Hermione and Harry standing in front of a mound of rubble.

HARRY
This is where it happened. This is where he killed my parents.

HERMIONE
I wonder why nobody’s ever rebuilt it.

HARRY
Maybe you can’t rebuild it. Maybe it’s like the injuries from Dark Magic and you can’t repair the damage?

There is a rustle and Harry and Hermione quickly turn around to see an old BATHILDA BAGSIDE standing a few feet away from them. She gestures for them to follow her and begins to walk away.

HARRY
Are you Bathilda?

She turns around, nods, and keeps walking towards a house in the distance.

HERMIONE
Do you think it’s safe Harry. That could be anyone…for all we know Bathilda could be dead….

HARRY
What else do we have Hermione? If it is her we may be missing out on a gift from Dumbledore.

HERMIONE
But if it’s not she could be leading us to a den full of Death Eaters.

HARRY
Just stay close…at a sudden sign of anything fishy just apparate us back to the tent.

HERMIONE
Harry you can’t just trust anyone….

HARRY
I know Hermione! Just…. we’ll be okay.

Harry starts to follow her and Hermione reluctantly follows. She crosses into the fence of her yard and continues to walk. Harry and Hermione stop at the fence.

HARRY
Ms. Bagshot….

BATHILDA
Come!

Harry goes to open the gate to the fence and Hermione grabs his arm.

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
It’s okay Hermione….

He opens the gate and walks into the yard.

HERMIONE
No Harry…I couldn’t understand….

HARRY
Hermione please you’re…

He pauses as his scar starts to throb with pain. He grabs his scar as he looks up as Bathilda is staring back smiling at him. Her mouth opens wide and Nagini slithers slowly out of her mouth as Bathilda body falls to the ground. In a flash Nagina flies towards biting into his forearm and knocking him back onto the ground. SWOOSH Hermione throws a spell at the snake who turns its tail and knocks Hermione to the ground.

HARRY
Get out of here Hermione! He’s coming! He’s coming!

NAGINA
Yessss…hold you until he comessssss….

HERMIONE
Confundo!

SWOOSH the powerful blast knocks Nagini hard off of Harry as well as taking a few windows and the door off of Bathilda’s House. A black smoke begins to appear as Hermione reaches for Harry’s hand and Voldemort appears just as SWOOSH they were gone. Voldemort screams out in anger at the missed opportunity and

EXT. OUTSIDE THE TENT-THE WOODS-MOMENTS LATER

CRASH Harry and Hermione appear and fall onto the snow in front of the tent. Harry eyes are in the back of his head and he’s screaming in agony.

HERMIONE
Harry!

The camera zooms into Harry’s scar and FLASH

EXT. GODRICS HOLLOW-17 YEARS AGO

The scene cuts to a hooded Voldemort walking slowly towards a house in the distance. He reaches out and slowly opens the gate and continues forward. He points his wand at the door and BOOM it flies open. As he steps into the house JAMES POTTER runs into the hallway.

JAMES
Lily, take Harry and go! It’s him! Go! Run! I’ll hold him off!

Voldemort laughs as he points the wand at James who is charging towards him.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

BOOM the spell hits James and he falls to the floor dead. There is screaming heard upstairs as Voldemort quickly flies up the stairs and points his wand at a closed door and BOOM it flies open. Inside is LILY POTTER who is holding her son. At the sight of Voldemort she puts Harry into the crib and stands in front of him.

LILY
Not Harry, not Harry, please not Harry!

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside, you silly girl…stand aside now…

LILY
Not Harry, please no, take me, kill me instead….

VOLDEMORT
This is my last warning….

LILY
Have mercy…please…I’ll do anything….

VOLDEMORT
Stand aside, girl!

He points his wand at her as a green spell shoots from his wand. Lily screams as she falls to the floor dead. Voldemort then slowly walks up to the baby who is looking up at him. He points his wand at Harry’s head.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

SWOOSH the spell backfires turning Voldemort into nothing more than dust. He screams out in pain as the house around him starts to collapse.

EXT. GODRICS HOLLOW-PRESENT DAY

FLASH the scene cuts to an angry Voldemort in front of Bathilda’s house, Nagina at his feet. He screams out in fury yet again as a group of children singing Christmas Carols pass by. Voldemort turns and points his wand at them and in a flash a green BOOM

INT. THE TENT-THE FOREST OF DEAN-A FEW DAYS LATER

Harry opens his eyes as a green light flashes in his eyeball. He clutches his scar and tries to move but Hermione pushes him gently back down into the bed.

HERMIONE
Relax Harry we’re safe….we’re safe….

HARRY
Hermione? We…we got away?

HERMIONE
Barely…but yes. You’ve been ill…really ill…

HARRY
How long ago did we leave?

HERMIONE
It’s been a few days now….

HARRY
Have I been unconscious this whole time?

HERMIONE
Not exactly. You’ve been shouting and moaning and…things. I couldn’t get the Horcrux off you. It was stuck to your chest.

Harry opens up his shirt and there is a scarlet oval over his heart where the locket had burned him.

HERMIONE
It left a mark, I’m sorry. I had to use a Severing Charm to get it away. The snake bit you too, but I’ve cleaned the wound and put some dittany on it….

HARRY
Give it to me.

HERMIONE
Harry I don’t think you should be wearing it….

HARRY
Hermione please!

She reaches into the bag and hands the locket to Harry which he puts around his neck..

HARRY
I’m so sorry Hermione…I should’ve listened…

HERMIONE
No Harry please…you should rest….

HARRY
Where’s my wand, Hermione?

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
Hermione? Where my wand….

She signed as she reached into her pocket and pulled out his wand now split in two being held together only by a strand of the phoenix feather.

HARRY
No…no…Hermione can’t you mend it? Please….

HERMIONE
Harry I don’t think I can…when it’s broken like this….

HARRY
Please try Hermione!

HERMIONE
(She points her wand at Harry’s)
Reparo!

It seals itself and Hermione hands the wand to Harry.

HARRY
Lumos!
(There is a spark and then nothing. He points the wand at Hermione)
Expelliarmus!

Hermione wand gives a little jerk…nothing more. Harry lays down feeling defeated.

HARRY
I was there….I saw it through his eyes. He’d thought about it once we escaped him…

HERMIONE
What?

HARRY
The night he murdered my parents and tried to kill me.

HERMIONE
Harry….rest…please!

He looks up at her and see’s there’s no point arguing and turns on his side. The camera zooms in on his face as the scene fades to Hermione standing outside of the tent cold and keeping watch. The scene then shifts to the inside of the tent where Harry asleep but stirring. He opens his mouth but Voldemorts voice comes out of it.

HARRY
Grindewald is the key. Grindewald!

Harry jumps up and looks around the tent. Hermione comes rushing inside.

HERMIONE
Harry are you alright?

HARRY
Who is Grindewald? He’s looking for him.

HERMIONE
He’s the dark wizard Dumbledore defeated years ago. Why would he be looking for him?

HARRY
I don’t know….he was looking at that tombstone you stopped at when we first got there. The one with the symbol.

HERMIONE
Are you sure?

HARRY
Yes Hermione! Listen I’ll keep watch, you find out where you saw the symbol and quick alright?

HERMIONE
Okay….

HARRY
Oh…can I borrow your wand?

Hermione hands it to Harry as she goes over to her bag and Harry walks to the opening of the tent and looks out.

HARRY
Hermione? Where are we anyway?

HERMIONE
The Forest of Dean. While you were unconscious I moved our location…you know…just in case….

HARRY
What would I do without you?

HERMIONE
Maybe you should ask Ron….

She quickly looks down and starts to read the book she pulled out as tears show in her eyes. Harry backs out of the tent slowly.

EXT. THE FOREST OF DEAN-NIGHT

Harry looks around the forest for a moment. He then begins to walk patrolling the perimeter when all of a sudden a silver light is seen in the distance moving through the tree’s. The silver object steps out from behind a tree and Harry see’s it is a SILVER DOE. The Doe stares at Harry for a moment and Harry stares back at it with amazement in his eyes. The Doe then turns to walk away.

HARRY
No…come back….!

Harry begins to run after the Doe as snow crunched beneath his feet. The Doe continues to run deeper into the forest and Harry followed. All of a sudden the Doe stops and turns to look at Harry once more. Then just like that the Doe vanishes.

HARRY
Lumos!

Harry raises Hermione’s wand and notices a frozen pond right where the Doe was standing. He walked up slowly to the pond and looked into it. Stuck in the midst of the pond is the sword of Gryffindor. Harry’s eyes open in surprise as he stares at the sword. Harry turns around to check if there was any sign of anyone else in the woods. He then turns back around to the pond.

HARRY
Accio sword!

Nothing happens. Harry sighs as he realizes what he must do. He starts to take off his clothes until he was only in his underwear and the locket. He points Hermione’s wand at the pond.

HARRY
Diffindo!

CRACK the surface of the pond cracks. Harry takes a deep breath and dives into the pond. Harry swims towards the sword, his hand outstretched as he gets closer to it. Harry grabs the handle of the wand and tries to swim back upward but the locket starts to glow and begins to pull him down further. Harry kicks in panick as he is slowly being pulled deeper into the pond as a HAND reaches down and grabs the locket off of Harry’s neck before grabbing his arm and pulls him out. Harry climbs out into the snow coughing up water.

RON
(Off screen)
Are you mental!

Harry looks up and the camera pans to show Ron standing there in front of him holding the locket and the sword in his hands.

RON
Why the hell didn’t you take that thing off before you dived?

HARRY
It was you?

RON
Well yeah….

HARRY
You cast that doe?

RON
What? No, of course not! I thought it was you doing it!

HARRY
My Patronus is a stag!

RON
Oh yeah….

Harry starts to pick up his clothes and put them back on.

HARRY
How come you’re here?

RON
OH…well…I’ve come back. I mean…if you still…you know…want me that is. So this the sword of Gryffindor yeah?

HARRY
Yeah…but I don’t understand. How did you get here? How did you find us?

RON
Long story. I’ve been looking for you for ages it feels like. I came here and I saw that deer coming and you following. How did the sword get in that pool?

HARRY
Whoever cast the Patronus must have put it there.

RON
You reckon this is the real one?

HARRY
One way to find out, isn’t there?

Harry looks around and notices a flattish rock sitting beside a tree. He walks over and brushes the snow off of it.

HARRY
Come here. You’re going to destroy it.

RON
What…no…you don’t expect me to do it.

HARRY
You got the sword out of the pool. I think it’s supposed to be you.

Harry takes the locket out of Ron’s hand, who is looking rather frightened now.

HARRY
I’m going to open it and you stab it. Straightaway okay? Because whatevers in there will put up a fight. The bit of Riddle in the diary tried to kill me!

RON
But it can’t be opened…

HARRY
There’s one way we haven’t tried yet. I’m going to try and open it using Parseltongue.

RON
No Harry…please…that thing’s bad for me. I can’t handle it. It affects me worse than it affected you and Hermione. I can’t Harry.

HARRY
You can! You’ve just got the sword, I know it’s supposed to be you who uses it. Please, lets get rid of the damn thing Ron!

RON
(Sigh)
Tell me when…

HARRY
On three okay? One…two…three…sssaaaayyyaahhaaaseeesay

The locket pops open and inside the locket are two glass windows, within them blinked Tom Riddle’s eye. Harry holds the locket down on the rock.

HARRY
Stab.

Ron raises the sword to stab but a voice hisses from out of the Horcrux.

VOLDEMORT
I have seen your heart Ronald Weasley. I have seen your dreams and I have seen you fears….

HARRY
Stab Ron!

VOLDEMORT
Least loved by the mother who craved a daughter…. least loved by the girl who prefers your friend. Second best, always, eternally overshadowed….

HARRY
Don’t listen to him Ron! Just stab!

SWOOSH there is a flash and projected out of the locket is a hologram of Harry and Hermione.

LOCKET-HARRY
Why return? We were better without you…we laughed at your stupidity, your cowardice….

LOCKET-HERMIONE
What have you done compared to the Chosen One? What are you, compared with the Boy Who Lived? And what woman would want you? You are nothing compared to him….nothing!

The holograms lips meet and Harry looks up at Ron who has a deep gaze on his face. His eyes are now completely black.

HARRY
Ron please! Do it…do it now!

Ron screams as he runs forward with the sword high. Harry dives out of the way as the sword comes crashing down on the locket. A high scream is heard as there is a loud WHOOSH and Ron drops to his knees with tears in his eyes. Harry gets up and sits beside Ron, placing his hand on his shoulder.

HARRY
After you left she cried for a week. Probably longer. She’s like my sister. I love her like a sister and I know she feels the same way about me. It’s always been like that…I thought you knew.

Ron looks over at Harry as tears flood down his eyes.

RON
I’m sorry I left. I know I was a….

HARRY
You’ve sort of made up for it tonight, you know saving my life and all.

RON
The Deluminator Dumbledore gave me. It doesn’t just turn the lights on and off. For the past few weeks I’ve been looking around the forest where I left you. I knew there were spells up but I knew I had to try and today I heard…I heard her voice. She said my name and it came from the Deluminator. I clicked it and a light came from it and sorta went inside me. After that I knew where to find you and that’s when I Disparrated here.

HARRY
And I’m glad you’re here mate.

RON
Dumbledore must’ve known I was weak. He knew that I would be the one to run out on you.

HARRY
No. I think he knew you’d always come back.

Ron smiles at Harry and they both reach in and hug each other as the scene fades to them walking up to the tent.

HARRY
Well…here goes nothing….

INT. THE TENT-MOMENTS LATER

Hermione is reading the same book when Harry walks in.

HARRY
Hermione….

HERMIONE
Harry hey…I think I found….

She pauses as Ron walks into the tent. She drops the book and stands up. She walks up slowly to him.

RON
Hi!

He smiles at her and Hermione runs up and starts to punch him.

HERMIONE
You complete arse Ronald Weasley! You crawl back here after weeks and weeks…..where’s my wand!

Harry slowly sneaks the wand into his pocket and backs away.

HARRY
Hermione calm….

HERMIONE
Don’t you tell me what to do Harry Potter! I will not calm down. And YOU!

RON
Hermione please….

HERMIONE
I came running after you! I called you! And you come back after weeks and think it’s going to be all right!

RON
I’m sorry….

HERMIONE
Sorry! Sorry! You think that’s going to make it alright? We could have been dead! DEAD!

Ron goes in and wraps his arm around her. She bursts out to crying while gently pounding at his chest with her fist. Harry sits down on his bunk and stares down at the locket as the scene fades to Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting around the tent deep in conversation.

HERMIONE
Snatchers you say?

RON
Yeah, they’re gangs trying to earn gold by rounding up Muggle-borns and blood traitors, there’s a reward from the Ministry for everyone captures. Guess who’s over that section of the Ministry now?

HERMIONE
Do we even have to guess?

RON
Right…it’s Umbridge. Also I was right about not saying You-Know-Who’s name wasn’t I? The names jinxed.

HARRY
Jinxed?

RON
Yeah, that’s how they track down people. Using his name breaks protective enchantments; it causes some kind of magical disturbance.

HERMIONE
That’s how those Death Eaters found us in Totenham Court Road!

RON
Exactly.

HARRY
Still doesn’t help us get any closer to finding any more Horcruxes. I mean what do we do now? Dumbledore should’ve….

HERMIONE
Oh right Harry…I’d almost forgotten!

She jumps up and grabs two books.

HERMIONE
Remember you told me to find out where I saw that symbol. Well I’ve seen it two places actually and while you and Ron were out destroying Horcruxes….

She sits the book down and on it is a picture of Grindewald and around his neck is the symbol.

HERMIONE
I was doing some light reading and I never really noticed it, but I’d always thought it to be Grindewald’s symbol, but I know now that it can’t be since the markings is on the grave we saw and that was ages before Grindewald even came along! And this
(She throws the book Dumbledore gave her down)
Dumbledore drew this exact symbol on this page in this book, even though it’s hidden in the A of his name. See.

The camera zooms in on Dumbledore’s signature in the book to show the symbol.

HARRY
I’m sure all of this is just a coiencidence Hermione. Look at what assuming Dumbledore left us things got us last time….

RON
The Deluminator turned out to be pretty useful though Harry.

HERMIONE
Also while I was reading this story. It’s really tricky but sometimes people use code to reveal something secret. See
(She points at the page)
That D is backwards and that e is upside down. I thought it was rather strange so I proceeded to write down all the letters that were odd. It spelled out Deathly Hallows.

RON
Brilliant. Not to obvious. I’m sure the people in the Ministry wouldn’t think to look at hard at any of the stories.

HERMIONE
Right, I’m sure they just used revealing spells to see if Dumbledore hid anything…when it was right under their noses.

HARRY
What are Deathly Hallows? What’s that supposed to mean?

HERMIONE
I had no idea, so I start looking through the books that I borrowed from Dumbledore’s office.
(She grabs another book and opens it)
Here Dumbledore wrote a little sidenote. The Deathly Hallows are three objects which if united will make the possessor master of Death.

RON
What are the objects?

HERMIONE
It’s doesn’t say….

HARRY
Maybe it’s in that story. What story is that anyways?

HERMIONE
The Tale of the Three Brothers.

RON
I loved that story when I was a kid!

HARRY
Well lets hear it then…

RON
Right well there were three brothers who were traveling along a road at midnight….

HERMIONE
The story says twilight Ronald.

RON
Mum always told us at midnight, I think it’s a bit spookier that way.

Hermione rolls her eyes and Ron continues telling the story.

RON
Yeah well they had reached a river….

EXT. EDGE OF THE RIVER-NIGHT

As Ron tells the story the scene fades to show the actual events. We see the three brothers standing in front of the river at night with their wants drawn.

RON
(Offscreen)
The river was too deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. Lucky for them they were trained in the magical arts and simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across when they found the path was blocked by a hooded figure. And Death spoke to them….

INT. THE TENT-SECOND LATER

The scene cuts back to the tent as Harry interrupts Ron’s story

HARRY
Wait a second. Death? You mean to tell me Death spoke to them?

RON
Yeah….

HARRY
O-kay?

HERMIONE
It’s a fairy tale, Harry!

HARRY
Yeah…right…continue on then….

RON
Right…well….

EXT. THE BRIDGE-NIGHT

The scene cuts back to the three brothers with death in front of them and the scene continues to play out as Ron speaks.

RON
(Offscreen)
Death spoke to them and he was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims, for travelers usually drowned in the river. He pretended to congratulate them upon their magic and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him. The oldest brother asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence: a wand that must always win duels for its owner, a wand worthy of a wizard who had conquered Death. The second brother decided he wanted to humiliate Death and asked for the power to recall others from Death. Death picked up a stone from the riverbank and gave it to him and told him that the stone would have the power to bring back the dead. The third brother didn’t trust death however and asked for something that would enable him to go forth from the place without being followed by Death so Death handed over his own Cloak of Invisiblity. Death let them pass and eventually the brothers separated and each went their own way.

EXT. VILLAGE-EVENING

The scene fades to just the older brother standing amongst a crowd of people laughing and showing off his new wand as another wizard lay dead on the floor.

RON
The first brother traveled on for a week or more and reached a distant village where he sought out a fellow wizard with whom he had a quarrel. Natuarally, with the Elder Wand as his weapon he could not fail to win the duel that followed. Leaving his enemy dead upon the floor the oldest brother proceeded to boast loudly of the powerful wand he hand snatched from Death himself and how it made him invincible. That very night another wizard crept upon the oldest brother, took the wand, and slit the oldest brothers throat. Death had taken the first brother for his own.

HARRY
(Offscreen)
Wow this is intense….

HERMIONE
(Offscreen)
Harry shhhhhhh!

INT. SMALL COTTAGE-NIGHT

The scene fades the the next brother sitting on his bed looking at the stone in his hand.

RON
The second brother lived alone so one night he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead and turned it thrice in his hand. A figure of the girl he had once hoped to marry, before her untimely death, had appeared beore him. But she was sad and cold and although she had returned to the mortal world she did not truly belong there and suffered. Finally he was driven mad with hopeless longing and killed himself so he can truly join her. Death had taken the second brother as his own.

HARRY
You’re a good storyteller Ron!

EXT. DESERTED ROCKY ROAD-NIGHT

The scene fades to Death walking down the road alone.

RON
Thanks…well Death searched year and years to find the third brother but was never able to find him. It was only when he had attained a great age that the younger brother finally took off the Cloak of Invisibility and gave it to his son.
(They show the younger brother, now old, walking towards Death in the middle of the street)
And then he greeted Death as an old friend and went with him gladly, and equals, as they departed this life.

INT. TENT-MOMENTS LATER

RON
And that’s it, The Tale of the Three Brothers. I told you I love that story, mum used to read it every night.

HARRY
So what are we supposed to get from the story? I mean what are the Deathly Hallows then?

Hermione
I don’t know Harry.

RON
Maybe they are the three items that Death gave to the brothers. The Elder Wand, the stone that brings people back to life, and the invisibility cloak.

HERMIONE
Don’t be silly Ronald it’s just a fairy tale.

RON
But why would Dumbledore….

HERMIONE
I don’t know! Why would Dumbledore do anything that he’s done? Listen I’m tired I’m going to bed, we can look for more clues in the morning alright?

Hermione gets up and gets in her bed and Ron does the same.

HARRY
Night guys.

Harry picks up the ‘Tales of Beedle the Bard’ book and stares at it as the scene slowly fades to a shot the tent in the evening.

INT. TENT-DAYS LATER-EVENING

The scene cuts to Hermione looking furiously through books as Ron messes with an old radio and Harry is pacing the tent.

HERMIONE
This is frustrating I can’t find anything about these ‘Deathly Hallows’ All things point to that story….

HARRY
I’ve been thinking Hermione, maybe Ron was right.

HERMIONE AND RON
What?

HARRY
When he said that those items could be what Dumbledore is trying to tell us about.

HERMIONE
I doubt it Harry….um Ron what are you doing?

RON
Trying to remember this blasted password!

HARRY
For what?

RON
Potterwatch.

HARRY
What?

RON
Didn’t I tell you about it?

HARRY
I think you failed to mention it.

RON
It’s a radio station! The only one that tells the truth about what’s going on. Nearly all the programs are following You-Know-Who’s line, all except Potterwatch. I really want you to hear it, but it’s tricky tuning in…

HERMIONE
I’m sure it’s wonderful Ronald but we really have to try and figure out what Dumbledore….

RON
That’s it Hermione!
(Ron taps the radio with his wand)
Albus!

We hear static come over the station and then the voice of Fred and George coming over the radio.

FRED
We regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot has been discovered in Godrics Hallow. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic.

HARRY
Is that Fred or George?

RON
Yeah.

GEORGE
Listeners, I’d like to invite you now to join us in a minute’s silence I nmemory of Ted Tonks and Bathilda Bagshot and the other unnamed Muggles murdered by the Death Eaters.

There is a brief silence.

FRED
Now on to Romulus for our popular feature ‘Pals of Potter.’

LUPIN
Thanks, River…

RON
Hey that’s Lupin!

FRED
Romulus, do you maintain, that Harry Potter is still alive?

LUPIN
‘The Boy Who Lived’ remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting. There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by Death Eaters if he was dead.

GEORGE
And what would you say to Harry if you knew he was listening?

LUPIN
I’d tell him we’re all with him in spirit. I’d tell him to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right

Harry smiles as he says this

GEORGE
Well that brings us to the end of another Potterwatch. We don’t know when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can be sure we shall be back.

FRED
Keep twiddling those dials: The next password will be ‘Mad-Eye’ Keep each other safe: Keep faith. Good night.

The radio falls silent.

RON
Good, eh?

HARRY
Brilliant. Now if only we can figure out what Dumbledore is trying to get us to see about these ‘Deathly Hallows’ we’ll be a step closer to finishing off Voldemort….

RON
HARRY, NO!!! The Names Taboo……

The SNEAKOSCOPE on the table in the tent starts to make noise and Harry, Ron, and Hermione freeze in their steps.

SNATCHER 1
(From outside of the tent)
Come out of there with your hands up! We know you’re in there! You’ve got half a dozen wands pointing at you and we don’t care who we curse!

Hermione points her wand at Harry at quicky blasts a spell in his face that knocks him to the ground and the half a dozen cloaked figured burst into the tent and grabbes all three of them.

INT. TENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to three cloaked figured holding each of them and pans to Harry with a serverly swollen face.

SNATCHER 1
Now let’s see what we got here!
(He walks up to Harry)
What happened to you?

HARRY
Stung.

SNATCHER 2
What’s your name boy!

HARRY
Dudley…Vernon Dudley.

SNATCHER 2
Check the list! And who are you?

RON
Stan Shunpike

SMACK Ron is punched square in the mouth as he says this and Hermione tries to move to defend him but is held tighter.

SNATCHER 1
We know Stan Shunpike, he’s put a bit of work our way. Now what is your real name boy!!

RON
(With a mouth full of blood)
Bardy Weadley….

SNATCHER 2
He’s a Weasley. He’s a blood traiter. Now who is this pretty little lady….

HERMIONE
Penelope Clearwater

SNATCHER 1
What’s your blood status?

HERMIONE
Half Blood

SNATCHER 2
Do any of you know who used to like using the Dark Lord’s name? The Order of the Phoenix. Mean anything to you?

They all shake their head no.

SNATCHER 3
Look at this!

They all turn around and see the snatcher holding the Sword of Gryffindor.

SNATCHER 1
Well Well. Very nice.
(He takes it and looks at it)
Nice indeed. Looks goblin made….

SNATCHER 2
Look what we have here…..
(He holds up a piece of parchment that has Hermione’s picture on it)
Hermione Granger. The Mudblood who is known to be traveling with Harry Potter….

HERMIONE
That isn’t me….

The camera pans to Harry who starts shaking in pain. We start hearing a tiny whisper and SWOOSH we zoom into his scar

EXT-PRISON-MILES AWAY

We cut to Voldemort standing in front of a tall prison. He stands there for a moment looking around.

VOLDEMORT
So close….so close….

He smiles and SWOOSH he flies up higher and higher to the topmost window of the highest tower. SWOOSH he turns into smoke and flies through the tiny window of the cell

INT-CELL-MOMENTS LATER

Inside the cell is a skinny old man laying under a blanket. As Voldemort materializes back into his physical form we see that this person is a very old Grindewald. He sits up and smiles at Voldemort.

GRINDEWALD
So, you have come. I thought you would….one day. But your journey was pointless. I never had it.

VOLDEMORT
You lie!!

INT. THE TENT-NIGHT

SWOOSH we are now back in the tent where Harry is still in pain as the Snatcher approaches him.

SNATCHER 1
What’s that on your forehead, Vernon?

He reaches out to touch it.

HARRY
Don’t touch it!

SNATCHER 2
I thought you wore glasses, Potter?

SNATCHER 3
I found glasses!

SNATCHER 1
(Laughs)
Looks like we caught Harry Potter…

EXT. MALFOY MANOR-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to the snatchers taking Harry, Ron, and Hermione up towards Malfoy Manor in the pouring rain. The snatchers knock on the door and enter.

INT-MALFOY MANOR-MOMENTS LATER

NARCISSA
What is this?

SNATCHER 1
We’re here to see He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! We’ve caught Harry Potter.

Narcissa pauses and kneels down to look at Harry’s face.

SNATCHER 2
He’s a little swollen but it’s him. There’s no doubt about it. Here’s his wand.

NARCISSA
Follow me. My son Draco is home for his Easter holiday. If that is Harry Potter, he will know.

INT. MALFOY MANOR-DINING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The walk into the large dining room where Lucius and Draco are sitting. They both jump up when Narcissa and the Snatchers enter the room.

LUCIUS
What is this?

NARCISSA
They say they’ve got Potter. Draco, come here.

Draco slowly walks up and looks into Harry’s face.

LUCIUS
Well Draco?

DRACO
I can’t…I can’t be sure….

LUCIUS
Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiven. Look at him properly Draco….what do you think?

Draco leans in closer to Harry’s face.

DRACO
I don’t know….

NARCISSA
We had better be certain Lucius. If we call the Dark Lord for nothing….

LUCIUS
Contact Severus Narcissa…tell him that we possibly have the Potter. Maybe he’ll know how to cure this….hex…on the boys face so we can be sure.

Narcissa leaves to contact Snape.

LUCIUS
(He stares at Hermione)
Granger….

SNATCHER 2
We saw her picture in the Daily Prophet. Said she was the Granger girl who is friends with Potter, is this her?

DRACO
I….maybe….yeah….

We hear a door open and Lucius and Draco turn around as Bellatrix walks into the room.

BELLATRIX
What is this? What’s happened…where’s Cissy?

LUCIUS
She’s gone to contact Snape. We’re trying to find out if this is Potter or not We have identified Granger and this is the Weasley boy….

BELLATRIX
Potter? Are you sure? Well then, the Dark Lord must be informed at once…
(She pulls back her sleeve to show her Dark Mark)

LUCIUS
(He grabs her wrist)
I was about to call him! I shall summon him, Bella, Potter has been brought to my house, and it is therefore upon my authority….

BELLATRIX
Your authority! You lost your authority when you lost your wand, Lucius! How dare you! Take your hands off me!

LUCIUS
You did not capture the boy….

SNATCHER 1
Begging your pardon, Mr. Malfoy but it’s us that caught Potter and it’s us that’ll be claiming the gold….

BELLATRIX
Gold!
(Laughs and pulls out a pouch of gold with her free hand and throws it at them)
Take your gold, filthy scavenger…..

She stops laughing as she catches sight of the Sword of Gryffindor

BELLATRIX
(Whispers)
Sword….

LUCIUS
What?

BELLATRIX
That sword…give it to me!

SNATCHER 3
It’s not yours, I found it…

BAM he is knocked back by her spell.

BELLATRIX
Stupify!! Stupify!!!

All four Snatchers are thrown back on the ground from Bellatrix’s spell. She rushes and grabs the sword and holds it at Snatcher 1’s throat.

BELLATRIX
Where did you get this sword?

SNATCHER 1
How dare you…

BELLATRIX
Where did you find this sword!!?!? Snape sent it to my vault in Gringotts!

SNATCHER 1
It was in their tent.

Narcissa walks back in as he says this….

NARCISSA
What is going on…..

BELLATRIX
Cissy we have a very serious problem. If it is indeed Potter, he must not be harmed. The Dark Lord wishes to dispose of Potter himself….but if he finds out…I must…I must know….
(She looks at Harry, Ron, and Hermione)
The prisoners must be placed in the cellar, while I think what to do!

LUCIUS
This is my house Bella, you don’t give orders….

BELLATRIX
Do it! You have no idea of the danger we are in!

NARCISSA
(To the Snatchers)
Take these prisoners down to the cellar….

BELLATRIX
Wait….all except…for the mudblood….

RON
No! You can have me, keep me!!

SMACK Bellatrix hits Ron in the face.

BELLATRIX
If she dies under questioning, I’ll take you next. Blood traitor is next to Mudblood in my book. Take them downstairs and make sure they are secure, but do nothing more to them….yet…..

Harry and Ron are pulled off and Bellatrix rushes to Hermione and wrappes her arms around her neck.

BELLATRIX
Where did you get this sword. Where?

HERMIONE
We found it…we found it….

BELLATRIX
LIAR!!

She pushes Hermione too the ground and points her wand at her.

BELLATRIX
CRUCIO!!!

Hermione screams and shakes in pain and the scene cuts to the snatchers throwing Ron and Harry into the cellar and shutting the door.

EXT. MALFOY MANOR-CELLAR-MOMENTS LATER

RON
HERMIONE! HERMIONE!!!!

HARRY
Shut up Ron…we need to work out a way….

RON
HERMIONE!!!!

HARRY
We need a plan…we need to get these ropes off….

LUNA
(In the darkness)
Harry? Ron? Is that you….

They turn around and Luna walks into the light from the moon shining through the cellar.

HARRY
Luna?

LUNA
Yes, it’s me! Oh no, I didn’t want you to be caught!

HARRY
Luna, can you help us get these ropes off?

We hear Hermione scream from inside the cellar and Mr. Ollivander comes from out of the darkness.

HARRY
Mr. Ollivander?

OLLIVANDER
There’s a nail over here….

INT. MALFOY MANOR-CELLAR-NIGHT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron throwing off the rope. Ron reaches in his pocket and pulls out the Deluminator, clicks it, and balls of light float around the room showing that Dean and Griphook are there aswell. We hear Hermione scream again.

RON
HERMIONE!!!

INT. MALFOY MANOR-DINING ROOM

The scene cuts to a bloodied Hermione being held against the wall by Bellatrix who now is holding a knife at her neck.

BELLATRIX
You are lying, filthy Mudblood, and I know it! You have been inside my vault at Gringotts! Tell the truth, tell the truth!!!!

HERMIONE
No…I swear….

BELLATRIX
What else did you take? What else have you got? Tell me the truth or, I swear, I shall run you through with this knife. WHAT ELSE DID YOU TAKE!!

HERMIONE
NOTHING….

SLAM Hermione is thrown to the floor again.

BELLATRIX
CRUCIO!!!!!!!!!!!

INT. MALFOY MANOR-CELLAR

As Hermione screams again we cut back to the cellar where Ron is angrily banging on the door.

LUNA
There’s no way out Ron. Mr. Ollivander has been here for a long time, he’s tried everything.

We hear Hermione scream again and Ron, with tears in his eyes, continues to bang on the door.

RON
HERMIONE!!! HERMIONE!!! SOMEBODY HELP HER!!!!

Hermione is on the floor bloodied and in tears as Bellatrix stands over her with her wand.

BELLATRIX
I’m going to ask you one more time mudblood. How did you get into my vault!!

HERMIONE
We’ve never been inside your vault…it isn’t the real sword! It’s a copy, just a copy!

BELLATRIX
A copy? A likely story!!

LUCIUS
We can find out easily if it is or not….Draco, fetch the goblin, he can tell us whether the sword is real or not.

Draco turns to leave and the scene cuts back to the cellar

INT. MALFOY MANOR-CELLAR

HARRY
Someone’s coming…..
(Harry runs over to the goblin and whispers in his ear)
Griphook you must tell them that sword’s a fake, they mustn’t know it’s the real one….please….

Ron clicks the Deluminator and the lights in the room goes out as we hear Draco’s voice from the other side of the door.

DRACO
Stand back. Line up against the back wall. Don’t try anything, or I’ll kill you!

The door bursts open and Draco walks in, grabs the goblin, and storms out slamming the door behind him. Ron clicks the Deluminator again and the lights pop back on and standing in the room with them is Dobby.

HARRY
Dobby?

DOBBY
Harry Potter. Dobby has come to rescue you.

HARRY
But how did you?
(Hermione screams again)
You can Disapparate out of this cellar?

DOBBY
Yes, sir!

HARRY
Can you take humans with you?

Dobby nods

HARRY
Right. Dobby, I want you to grab Luna, Dean, and Mr. Ollivander, and take them….take them too…..

RON
Lupin and Tonks. Shell Cottage on the outskirts of Tinworth.

HARRY
And then come back. Can you do that Dobby?

DOBBY
Of course, Harry Potter.

LUNA
Harry we want to help you!

DEAN
We can’t leave you here!

HARRY
Go, both of you! We’ll see you at Lupins!

WORMTAIL
(Outside of the door)
What’s going on in there?

HARRY
Go…now!!!

All three of them hold hands and Dobby grabes Luna’s hand and SWOOSH they are gone

WORMTAIL
Stand back. Stand away from the door. I am coming in.

The door comes open and before he realizes it Ron and Harry tackles Wormtail. Harry puts his hand over Wormtails mouth so he can’t speak and Ron grabs one arm while Wormtails silver hand is around Harry’s throat.

HARRY
You’re going to kill me? After I saved your life? You owe me, Wormtail!
Wormtail stares at Harry and his hand loosens its grip and Harry backs away from him.

RON
And we’ll have that…
(He takes Wormtails wand)

All of a sudden Wormtails fingers start to move furiously. Wormtails eyes widen in horror as his silver hand turns and grabs him by his neck throwing him and up and pinning him on the wall as his fingers embed themselves into the stone wall.

HARRY
No….

Harry and Ron both try to pull the hand off of Wormtails neck as he hangs on the wall, being chocked by his own hand. Tears rush out of his eyes as his face becomes redder and redder.

RON
Relashio!

Ron points the wand at the hand but nothing happens. Soon Wormtail becomes silent and his eyes go blank. Ron and Harry step back and stare at Wormtail as he hangs lifeless on the wall. Hermione screams again and Ron and Harry rush out of the Cellar.

The scene cuts to Bellatrix still holding on to Hermione and Griphook examines the sword

BELLATRIX
Well? Is it the true sword?

GRIPHOOK
No. It is a fake.

BELLATRIX
Are you sure? Quite sure?

GRIPHOOK
Yes.

BELLATRIX
Good.

She tosses Hermione to the side and pulls up the sleeve of her dress.

BELLATRIX
Now we shall call the Dark Lord

She touches the middle of the Dark Mark with her wand and the scene cuts to Harry and Ron reaching the top of the stairs. Harry stops, grabs his scar, and falls down in pain.

RON
Harry….Harry….

The camera focues on Harry and SWOOSH

INT. PRISON-CELL

The scene cuts back to Voldemort standing in Grindewalds cell.

GRINDEWALD
Kill me, then, Voldemort, I welcome death! But my death will not bring you what you seek…There is so much you do not understand….

He laughs as Voldemort realizes that he has been summoned. He looks out of the window behind him for a second and then turns back to Grindewald

GRINDEWALD
Kill me, then! You will not win, you cannot win! That wand will never, ever be yours…..

Voldemort screams out in rage as he pulls out his wand and the whole room turns green and SWOOSH we’re back with Harry and Ron at the entrance of the Dining Room.

RON
Harry are you okay?

HARRY
Fine….

The scene cuts to Bellatrix with a smile on her face as she looks over at Hermione

BELLATRIX
I think we can dispose of the Mudblood.

She points her wands at Hermione and SLAM the doors fly open and Ron runs in with Wormtails wand pointed out.

RON
Expelliarmus!!!

SMACK Bellatrix’s wand flies out of her hand and Harry runs to catch it. Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco turn around quickly.

HARRY
Stupefy!!!!

BOOM Lucius is thrown back onto a portrait on the wall and Harry throws himself to the floras Draco and Narcissa throw a spell his way.

BELLATRIX
STOP OR SHE DIES!!!

Harry looks up from over the table and Bellatrix is holding on to Hermione who seems unconscious and holding a silver knife at her throat.

BELLATRIX
Drop your wands. Drop them, or we’ll see exactly how filthy her blood is!
(She presses the knife against her throat and beads of blood appear where the knife is)
I said drop them!!

HARRY
All right!

He drops Bellatrix’s wand and Ron drops Wormtails.

BELLATRIX
Good! Draco, pick them up! The Dark Lord is coming, Harry Potter! Your death approaches. Now Cissy I think we ought to tie these little heroes up again.

There is a grinding noise heard. All of them look up at the crystal chandelier and with a jingle it begans to fall. The chandelier is directly above Bellatrix who drops Hermione and quickly jumping out of the way when BAM it crashes on top of Hermione and the Goblin. Glass is thrown everywhere as Ron runs to get Hermione and Griphook from under the wreckage. Not wasting a second Harry dashes at Draco taking the three wands out of his hand and knocking Draco onto the ground. Narcissa runs over to help him up and then looks up to where the chandelier once hung and hanging on the chain is Dobby.

NARICSSA
Dobby! You! You dropped the chandelier?

Dobby smiles as he hops down from the chain.

DOBBY
You must not hurt Harry Potter!

BELLATRIX
Kill him, Cissy!

Narcissa points her wand at Dobby but he is to quick and SWISH her wand is thrown across the room by his power.

BELLATRIX
You dirty little monkey! How dare you take a witch’s wand, how dare you defy your masters!?!

DOBBY
Dobby has no master! Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends.

HARRY
(He grabs his scar)
Oh no…he’s close…RON, catch…and GO!

He throws a wand to Ron who is holding on the Hermione and they Disapparate. Harry picks up Griphook and Dobby runs and grabs Harry’s hand. They begin to Disapparate and Bellatrix throws the silver knife in their direction and SWOOSH they were gone. Bellatrix scream out in anger and fear as black smoke begin to appear in the middle of the room and Voldemort appears.

BELLATRIX
My lord…..

EXT. SHELL COTTAGE-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of the sea and pans up to a large yard with a house in the distance. SWOOSH Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby, and Griphook appear and fall hard onto the ground.

HARRY
Griphook are you all right?

Griphook does a slight whimper.

HARRY
Dobby, is this Shell Cottage? Have we come to the right place….

He turns around and see’s Dobby lying beside him with the silver knife in his chest.

HARRY
DOBBY!!

Harry rushes to Dobby’s side.

HARRY
Dobby….no…HELP!!! HELP!!!

We see figured start to run towards them from the house. Dobby looks up to Harry and smiles and we see the light slowly fading from his eyes.

HARRY
Dobby, no, don’t die, don’t die….

DOBBY
Harry….Potter….

And he was silent. Dobby let out his last breathe and was dead.

HARRY
(Whispers)
Dobby…Dobby no….

Lupin, Tonks, Dean, and Luna all appear running up to Harry.

LUPIN
Harry….

The scene cuts to Harry, Lupin, Tonks, Dean, Luna, Hermione and Ron standing around a mound of dirt where Dobby had just been buried.

LUNA
Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die, when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.

RON
Yeah…thanks Dobby….

HARRY
Good-bye Dobby.

All of them turn to leave except Harry. As they walk off Harry takes a rock and starts to engrave something in it with one of the wands. He then sits down the stone, sighs, and turns to walk away. The camera slowly pans down to show the writing on the stone:
HERE LIES DOBBY, A FREE ELF.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BATHROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry looking at himself in the mirror. The scene then slowly fades too….

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry sitting in the bedroom with Ron and Hermione

HARRY
I think the Deathly Hallows are those three items in the story.

HERMIONE
Harry….

HARRY
He was after a wand. I saw him. He was looking for Grindewald and he wanted the master wand but Grindewald didn’t have it.

HERMIONE
There’s no way we can really be sure Harry….

HARRY
I think we can….

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-OLLIVANDERS BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry slowly opens the door and walks into Ollivanders room as he sits staring at the wall. Hermione and Ron slowly follow behind him

HARRY
Mr. Ollivander, I’m sorry to disturb you.

OLLIVANDER
My dear boy. You rescued us. I thought we would die in that place. I can never thank you….never thank you…enough.

HARRY
I need some help

OLLIVANDER
Anything….

HARRY
What do you know…about the Deathly Hallows?

Ollivander looks up at Harry and stares at him quietly

HARRY
What are they?

OLLIVANDER
Legend states that they are The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, and The Cloak of Invisibility.

RON
I knew it…

HERMIONE
Ron shhhhhhh

OLLIVANDER
Together they make the Deathly Hallows. Three objects which, if united, will make the possessor master of Death.

HARRY
You say cloak of invisibility but there are more than one of those…

OLLIVANDER
Ah but the third Hallow is a true Cloak of Invisibility. It is a cloak that really and truly renders the wearer completely invisibly, and endures eternally, giving constant and impenetrable concealment, no matter what spells are cast at it.

Harry looks up at Hermione who looks shocked at this information.

Harry pulls out his broken wand.

HARRY
Can you fix my wand sir?

OLLIVANDER
No…I am so very sorry but a wand that has suffered this degree of damage cannot be repaired by any means that I know of.

Harry sighs and pulls out two of the wands he took from Draco and hands one of them to Ollivander.

OLLIVANDER
Ah Hawthorn and unicorn hair. This was the wand of Draco Malfoy.

HARRY
Was?

OLLIVANDER
If you took it then it may be yours. The manner of taking matters of course. In general where a wand has been won, its allegiance will change.

HARRY
Tell me about the Elder Wand….

OLLIVANDER
I…what….?

HARRY
You-Know-Who is interested in it, isn’t he?

OLLIVANDER
I….how…how do you know this?

HARRY
He wanted you to tell him how to overcome the connection between our wands. You told him about the twin cores…you said he just had to borrow another wizards wand….

OLLIVANDER
Yes….

HARRY
But it didn’t work. Mine still beat the borrowed wand. Do you know why that is?

OLLIVANDER
I had never heard of such a thing. Your wand performed something unique that night….

HARRY
He came to you for information about the Elder Wand after that night didn’t he?

OLLIVANDER
Yes…he wanted to know everything. He was seeking another, more powerful wand, as the only way to conquer yours since you two could not battle with the same twin cores. The Dark Lord no longer seeks the Elder Wand only for your destruction however, Mr. Potter. He is determined to posses it because he believes it will make him truly invulnerable.

HARRY
You told You-Know-Who that a wizard named Grigorovitch had the Elder Wand didn’t you?

OLLIVANDER
But how do you know….

HARRY
That’s all I needed to know Mr. Ollivander. Thank you so much.

OLLIVANDER
He was torturing me! The Cruciatus Curst…you have no idea….

HARRY
I do…I really do. Please get some rest. Thank you for telling me all of this.

Ron, Hermione, and Harry all leave the room and close the door silently as Ollivander slowly lays down.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM

They scene cuts to them walking into their bedroom and closing the door behind them.

HARRY
It all makes sense….

HERMIONE
I can’t believe this…this is…

HARRY
Gregorovitch had the Elder Wand a long time ago. I saw You-Know-Who trying to find him and when he tracked him down he found out that Grindewald had stolen it from him.

RON
Grindewald?

HARRY
Yes and Grindewald used the Elder Wand to become powerful. At the height of his power, when Dumbledore knew he was the only one who could stop him, he dueled Grindewald and beat him, and he took the Elder Wand.

RON
Dumbledore had the Elder Wand? But then…where is it now?

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS-THE WHITE TOMB

The scene cuts to a shot of Hogwarts and then it pans over to Dumbledore’s Tomb. We then see Voldemort slowly walk into the frame and towards his tomb. As he slowly approaches the tomb he points his wand at it and SWOOSH a light hits the tomb slowly opening it. Inside we see Dumbledore’s body and beneath his folded hands lay his wand. Voldemort slowly reaches out and takes the wand from Dumbledore’s grip. He holds it up to examine it and and lets out a laugh.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM

The scene cuts back to Harry with his hand on his scar.

HARRY
He has the wand….he’s at Hogwarts.

RON
Harry how long have you known? We could’ve been there…

HARRY
No…Dumbledore didn’t want me to have it. He didn’t want me to take it. He wanted me to get the Horcruxes.

RON
But it’s the unbeatable wand, Harry!

HARRY
I’m not supposed to….I’m supposed to get the Horcruxes….

Ron and Hermione cast a look at each other as the scene slowly fades….

EXT. SHELL COTTAGE-NOON

Harry is sitting on a ledge overlooking the ocean. He stares out peacefully at the sea as the waves crash on the ledge. He picks up one of the shells in the sand and stares at it before throwing it into the waves below.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-BEDROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry standing in the room with Griphook who is sitting at a table.

HARRY
I need some help Griphook, and you can give it to me.

GRIPHOOK
What is it?

HARRY
I need to break into a Gringotts vault

GRIPHOOK
Break into a Gringotts vault? It is impossible.

HARRY
Remember that day in our first year where you took Hagrid and I to that vault to lock away the stone? Well it was broken into…

GRIPHOOK
The vault in question was empty at the time. Its protection was minimal.

HARRY
Well, the vault we need to get into isn’t empty, and I’m guissing its protection will be pretty powerful. It belongs to the Lestranges.

GRIPHOOK
You have no chance….

HARRY
I’m not trying to get myself any treasure, this isn’t for personal gain. Can you believe that?

GRIPHOOK
What do you seek within the Lestrange’s vault? The sword that lies inside it is fake. You have the real one. I think that you already know this. You asked me to lie for you back there….

HARRY
I don’t think the fake sword is the only this in there. Perhaps you’ve seen the other things….?

GRIPHOOK
It is against our code to speak of the secrets of Gringotts. We have a duty to the objects placed in our care, which were, so often, wrought by our fingers…

HARRY
Listen I’m not asking for much. Will you please help us. We haven’t got a hope of breaking in without a goblins help. You’re our one chance

GRIPHOOK
If I decide to help you Harry Potter we must discuss payment….

HARRY
How much do you want?

GRIPHOOK
I don’t want your gold. I want….The sword of Godric Gryffindor.

HARRY
(Taken aback)
I’m sorry but you can’t have that….

GRIPHOOK
Then we have a problem….

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

HERMIONE
You asked him what! Why did you do that Harry!

HARRY
I think there is a Horcrux in the Lestranges vault. Bellatrix was terrified when she thought we’d been in there. What did she think we’d seen, what else did she think we might have taken? Something she was petrified You-Know-Who would find out about.

RON
And the only way he will help us is if we promise him the sword of Gryffindor?

HARRY
Right.

HERMIONE
We need to offer him something else then, something just as valuable.

RON
Brillaint. I’ll go and get one of our other ancient goblin-made swords and you can gift wrap it

HARRY
Wait a minuet…maybe we can give it to him…

HERMIONE
Harry we need the sword to destroy the other Hor…

HARRY
I know hear me out. We’ll tell him he can have the sword after he’s helped us get into that vault…but we’ll be careful to avoid telling him exactly when he can have it.

RON
Hey that’s an idea!

HERMIONE
Harry, we can’t….

HARRY
He can have it after we’ve used it on all of the Horcruxes. I’ll make sure he gets it then. I’ll keep my word.

HERMIONE
But that could be years!

HARRY
I know that, but he needn’t. I won’t be lying….really…

Tonks and Lupin walk into the room and they’re carrying a little baby.

TONKS
He’s awake!!

Hermione squeals and runs over to Tonks who sits down and pulls the blanket from over the babies head who has bright purple hair.

HERMIONE
Oh he looks just like you Professor Lupin….

LUPIN
I would hope not…I think he looks more like his mother….

TONKS
Little Teddy Remus Lupin…you’re going to be a great little wizard aren’t you.

LUPIN
Do you want to hold him Harry?

HARRY
Sure…yeah….

Harry walks over and picks up little Teddy. He looks down at the baby who stares up at him with a smile.

LUPIN
Dora and I have been talking Harry and we thought…

The both grab each others hands happily

LUPIN
We want you to be Teddy’s godfather.

HARRY
(Shocked)
M-me?

TONKS
Of course Harry…I can’t think of no one better to be his godfather than you.

HARRY
I….I don’t know what to say….

LUPIN
Just say you’ll be his godfather.

HARRY
Of course I will!

Teddy hair begins to change before Harry’s eyes and now is a bright red color. Harry smiles down on the baby as the scene fades….

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-KITCHEN-EVENING

The scene cuts to Lupin, Tonks, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, and Dean sitting around the kitchen table enjoying dinner.

TONKS
Now that Ollivander’s gone one of you can have his room…

HARRY
On no I don’t mind sleeping on the couch….

The camera pans over to Luna talking to Dean

LUNA
…and tiny little ears, a bit like hoppo’s Daddy says, only purple and hairy. And if you want to call them you have to hum; they prefer a waltz, nothing too fast.

DEAN
Right…..

HERMIONE
Nice tiara you have on there Luna.

LUNA
Oh why thank you. My dad made it for me. He’s trying re-create the lost diadem of Ravenclaw.

Griphook enters into the kitchen.

GRIPHOOK
Harry Potter, a word with you please!

HARRY
Right…I’ll be right back…

He excuses himself and follows Griphook into the other room.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

GRIPHOOK
I will help you Harry Potter but do I have your word that you will give me the sword of Gryffindor if I help you

HARRY
Yes

GRIPHOOK
Then shake

Harry and Griphook shakes hands.

GRIPHOOK
Good…good…well you and your little friends meet me in my bedroom tonight.

INT. SHELL COTTAGE-STUDY-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry standing in the study and Lupin walking in and closing the door behind him.

LUPIN
I wanted a private word with you Harry. It hasn’t been easy to get an opportunity with the cottage this full of people.

HARRY
Anything wrong?

LUPIN
Harry you’re planning something with Griphook. I know you are but the question is what is it?

HARRY
I can’t tell you sir…I’m sorry….

LUPIN
Then I have to say this. If you have struck any kind of bargain with Griphook, and most particularly if that bargain involves treasure, you must be exceptionally careful. Goblin notions of ownership, payment, and repayment are not the same as ours.

HARRY
What do you mean?

LUPIN
We are talking about a different breed of being Harry. Dealings between wizards and goblins have been fraught for centuries. Goblins feel that wizards cannot be trusted in matters of gold and treasure, that they have no respect for goblin ownership.

HARRY
I respect….

LUPIN
All I am saying is to be very careful what you promise goblins Harry. It would be less dangerous to break into Gringotts than to renege on a promise to a goblin.

HARRY
I’ll keep that in mind sir…

LUPIN
Harry about this mission…

HARRY
I already told you sir, Dumbledore didn’t want me to tell anyone…

LUPIN
I could help….

HARRY
And leave your wife and kid here alone?

LUPIN
Harry you have to understand….

HARRY
No! Parents shouldn’t leave their kids…unless they have too! We’ll be fine sir...we’ve made it this far haven’t we?

LUPIN
(Looking defeated)
The person standing before me isn’t the same child I taught in his third year. Your parents would be proud Harry, I know I sure am.

He gives a slight smile and turns to exit. Harry watches him as he leaves as the scene cuts to a night shot of Shell Cottage and pans down to show Griphook walking away from the house being followed by Harry, Ron, and Hermione

EXT. SHELL COTTAGE-NIGHT

RON
I kinda got used to being on a break…I’ll miss it here.

HERMIONE
Yeah well atleast you don’t have to drink polyjuice potion to turn into Bellatrix Lestrange to break into Gringotts….

HARRY
It’ll be fine Hermione. I’m glad we found a few strands of her hair on your clothes….

HERMIONE
No Harry! Plus I have to use her evil wand that you took from Draco. She killed Sirius with this thing…and tortured Neville’s parents…

HARRY
It’s all for a good cause, you know this Hermione

HERMIONE
I know…doesn’t mean I have to like it….

EXT. DIAGON ALLEY-FEW DAYS LATER

The scene cuts to a wide shot of DIAGON ALLEY. The camera then pans to a small alleyway where we see Bellatrix (Who is really Hermione in disguise) readjusting her wardrobe while Harry and Griphook keeping an eye out. Ron is disguised as another person aswell

HARRY
Now remember Hermione we’ll be under the invisibility cloak next to you the whole time…

HERMIONE
Yeah yeah….can we just get this over with?

RON
I’m here for ya Hermione…great disguise you gave me by the way

HERMIONE
I do my best….

They throw the invisibility cloak over themselves and Hermione walks into the streets of Diagon Alley as Bellatrix Lestrange looking very uncomfortable and Ron follows her. Lots of eyes full of fear follow her. And old bandaged man rushes towards them.

OLD MAN
My children! Where are my children? What have you done to them!!!!

He rushes to attack her and Ron sends a spell knocking the man back.

TRAVERS
Why, Madam Lestrange!

They turn around and see TRAVERS walking towards them.

GRIPHOOK
(Under the invisibility cloak)
It’s Travers….

HERMIONE
And what do you want?

GRIPHOOK
Tell her he’s another death eater!

TRAVERS
I merely sought to greet you, but if my presence is not welcome….

HERMIONE
(She stands there for a second looking confused until Harry tells her the information)
Oh…OH…no no no not at all, Travers. How are you?

TRAVERS
Well I confess I am surprised to see you out and about, Bellatrix.

HERMIONE
Really? Why?

TRAVERS
Well I heard that the inhabitants of Malfoy Manor were confined to the house, after the…ah…escape.

HERMIONE
The Dark Lord forgives those who have served him most faithfully in the past…Perhaps your credit is not as good with him as mine is, Travers.

TRAVERS
Indeed….oddly enough though Bellatrix…who’s wand are you using at the moment? I heard that your own was…

HERMIONE
I have my wand here. I don’t know what rumors you have been listening to, Travers, but you seem sadly misinformed.

Old April 28th, 2008, 12:29 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
tsk tsk tsk for shame....you should know that Scrimgeour was in this section of the book (as well as Mr. Percy Weasley I might add) I, of course, wrote him out just in case he isn't in the film and I moved the conversation between Tonks and Lupin from the end after Dumbledore died to here since I never really liked it there in the first place (And since Bill getting injured kind of triggered the convo...and there's no Bill...why not move it up?)

Ah but remember...Dumbledore only told Harry who made the prophecy...not who actually walked into the room while the prophecy was being made. Wonder how he's going to find that one out....
Ah yes, how could I have forgotten all that

Anyways, I don't have much to comment on, just a few things:

-I like that you actually gave Sanguini a line as opposed to the Book, and it was kind-of Funny too, in a sick way

-Not sure if I like the Harry/Ginny scene or not

-I do love your decision to move up the Tonk/Lupin convo

-Personally, I would CUT Trelawny, I HATED her in BOTH the Books and Movies

Well, that's it, really your WHOLE Party and Christmas at the Burrow was Great, but where's the ATTACK???

Anyways, as always GREAT JOB, and I look forward to your next part!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 28th, 2008 at 12:32 pm.
Old April 28th, 2008, 2:46 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

[quote .Warning this is a LONG one. [/quote]
Well,I have not finished yet,one of my girls is sick and that does interfere with me checking the threads.However ,when I am done,which may take a while ,I will certainly give you feedback ,so far,i have liked what i have read!!!

So...you are cutting Xeno,and have Ron tell the tale of the three brothers.I do like it like that.I know Xeno is a great funny character,but some time could be saved like this and avoid yet another close escape.I rather have it this way ,you know.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy

Last edited by Montse; April 28th, 2008 at 5:08 pm.
Old May 17th, 2008, 5:41 am
Fourth Year

Here's the next section for HBP...as always let me know what you think.

Quote:
INT. HOGWARTS-CORRIDOR-AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to a shot of a piece of parchment that reads ‘APPARITION LESSONS’ and pans back to show a crowd of students standing around it, some writing their names the sign in sheet under it. Seamus, Neville, and Harry are shown standing in the midst of the crowd. Ron is seen signing his name on the list and then proceeds to walk back towards them.

SEAMUS
How cool will it be when you can just…
(Snaps his fingers)
And then you’ll in another place almost instantly.

NEVILLE
Doesn’t sound to fun to me actually….

SEAMUS
Yeah because you’re afraid you’ll leave your head behind Longbottom…

RON
Glad I’ll be of age to take the apparition tests… I’d better pass the first time through! How hard can it be….I mean even Fred and George managed to pass their first times…

Lavender sneaks up behind Ron and covers his eyes with her hands.

LAVENDER
Guess who, Won Won?

RON
Do I even have too?

LAVENDER
How come you aren’t wearing the Christmas present I gave you?

RON
I…ugh…terrible luck Lavender you see…I wore it every moment after I got it but I took it off once to help dad with something and could never find it…

LAVENDER
Well that’s alright I have another one….

RON
No…no need for that...I’m sure I’ll find it. Let’s just…walk this way….

Ron quickly pulls Lavender away from his now laughing friends. As they walk away Hermione can be seen walking towards them. As they pass each other Hermione and Lavender cast a nasty look at each other and Ron looks down. Hermione keeps walking towards Harry, Neville, and Seamus.

HARRY
Hermione…hey…how was your Christmas.

HERMIONE
Just fine thanks…and yours?

HARRY
Alright….mind if I have a word? I’ll see you two in class….

Harry and Hermione begin to walk away from the crowd of people.

HARRY
I told Mr. Weasley and Lupin about that whole Snape and Draco conversation I overheard…..

HERMIONE
How is Lupin?

HARRY
Not great…he’s living underground and apparently Tonks is in love with him….

HERMIONE
Yeah I ran into Ginny earlier and she told me about that.

HARRY
Really? What else did Ginny tell you?

HERMIONE
Nothing…why?

HARRY
Oh just curious…just….yeah…so Lupin…he told me about the werewolf who originally bit him.

HERMIONE
Really….who was it?

HARRY
Some werewolf named Fenrir Greyback…you ever heard of him?

HERMIONE
Yes…and so have you Harry….remember?

HARRY
Well yeah I just told you…

HERMIONE
No before that…remember back in Knockturn Alley. Draco told Borgin that Greyback was an old family friend and that he’d be checking up on Borgin’s progress.

HARRY
(shocked)
I forgot! But doesn’t this prove that Malfoy’s a Death Eater, how else could he be in contact with Greyback and telling hi m what do do?

HERMIONE
It is pretty suspicious…unless…..

HARRY
Oh, come on, you can’t get round this one Hermione!

HERMIONE
Listen Harry now isn’t the time to worry about Draco. You missed the chance to ask Slughorn about the Horcruxes at the Christmas Party. I think you should really focus on getting that information before Dumbledore calls you for another lesson.

HARRY
Well Ron thinks I should just wait around after class…

HERMIONE
Well if Won Won thinks that, you’d better do it.

HERMIONE
Hermione, can’t you….

HERMIONE
No!

She continues to walk towards class as Harry shrugs and follows her.

INT. HOGWARTS-POTIONS CLASS-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Slughorn standing in front of the class.

SLUGHORN
In front of each of you is a phial which contains a certain poison. Now for today’s lesson I want you to create an antidote for the poison. Good luck, and don’t’ forget your protective gloves!

HERMIONE
(Whispers to Harry)
It’s a shame that the Prince won’t be able to help you much with this, Harry. You have to understand the principles involved this time.

She gets up and walks to the cabinet to collect ingredients. Harry flips through the Advances Potions Book as Ron leans in to whisper to him.

RON
You sure the Prince hasn’t got any tips?

HARRY
I don’t see any…just great…..

Harry looks up and notices Slughorn smiling at him as if he’s waiting for him to begin. Harry glances over at Ron who looks just as nervous as he and watches Hermione as she happily places all the ingredients in front of her to begin. The scene fades to later on in the class where most of the class as bubbling cauldrons in front of them. Hermione continues to work on her antidote and we see a few explosions coming from other students cauldrons. Harry has one head on his head as if he’s frustrated as he continues to flip through his book.

SLUGHORN
Two minuets left everyone!

Now we see the actual text in the book as Harry fingers stroll down the page. He stops on a line and begins to read it under his breathe.

HARRY
Just shove a bezoar down their throats….a bezoar?

He looks up and notices Slughorn looking down at his watch. Harry jumps up quickly and runs over to the cupboard and starts pushing aside a bunch of items. He finds a box labled ‘BEZOARS’ and opens it and pulls one out.

SLUGHORN
Times…UP! Everyone stop working and I will walk around and examine the work.

Harry sits back down in his seat as Slughorn walks over to Hermione and examines her work.

SLUGHORN
Very good, Ms. Granger

HERMIONE
Thank you sir!

SLUGHORN
And what do you have for me, Harry?

HARRY
Oh…um…

Harry opens his hand and we see the small brown ball in his palm.

SLUGHORN
You’ve got nerve, boy!

He grabs it and holds it up for the class to see.

SLUGHORN
Oh, you’re like your mother. A bezoar, a stone taken from the stomach of a goat, would certainly act as an antidote to all these potions!

Harry breaths a sigh of relief and looks over at Ron who also has a big smile on his face. He looks over at Hermione who looks a bit angry and the scene cuts to everyone grabbing their books and leaving class. Harry waits behind as Ron walks out and closes the door behind him.

SLUGHORN
Great job today as usual Harry m’boy! You should get going or you’ll be late for your next lesson!

HARRY
Sir, I wanted to ask you something.

SLUGHORN
Ask away, then, my dear boy, ask away….

HARRY
Sir, I was wondering what you know about…about Horcruxes?

Slughorn stops in his tracks and looks up slowly at Harry with a look of horror on his face.

SLUGHORN
What did you say?

HARRY
I asked whether you know anything about Horcruxes, sir. You see…

SLUGHORN
Dumbledore put you up to this. Dumbledore’s shown you that….memory, hasn’t he?

HARRY
Well…yes…

SLUGHORN
Well if you’ve seen that memory, Harry, you’ll know that I don’t know anything…ANYTHING…about Horcruxes.

HARRY
Sir, I just thought there might be a bit more to….

SLUGHORN
Did you!

He grabs his briefcase and starts to walk towards the exit of the class.

SLUGHORN
Then you were wrong, weren’t you? WRONG!

He slams the door behind himself and we see a shot of Harry standing in the middle of the class looking a bit shocked. The scene then cuts to Harry walking into Defense Against the Dark Arts and taking a seat next to Ron.

INT. HOGWARTS-DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS-MOMENTS LATER

SNAPE
Late again, Potter. Ten points from Gryffindor.

Seamus raises his hand as a few Slytherians chuckle at Harry.

SEAMUS
Sir! I’ve been wondering, how do you tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost? Because there was something in the paper about an Inferious….

SNAPE
No, there wasn’t….

RON
(Whispering to Harry)
Well?

HARRY
No luck…he stormed out on me…..

SNAPE
Since Potter seems to have a lot to say on the subject.

Harry and Ron look up and notice Snape looking right down at them.

SNAPE
Mr. Finnegan would like to know Potter….how can we tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost?

HARRY
Well….er…ghosts are transparent….

SNAPE
Oh, very good. Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. Ghosts are transparent.

Most of the class begins to laugh and Snape does a slight smirk before turning away from Harry.

SNAPE
The Inferius is a corpse that has been reanimated by a Dark wizard’s spell. It is not alive, it is merely used like a puppet to do the wizard’s bidding.

SEAMUS
Is there no way to defeat them sir?

SNAPE
Fire is known to be the most common use for fighting against the Inferius. Now enough friendly chatter all of you open your books to page two hundred and thirteen.

INT. HOGWARTS-HALLWAY-LATER THAT DAY

Everyone begins to thumb through their books as the scene cuts to a bunch of students walking down a hallway. Harry and Hermione are walking together when notices Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all walking slowly down the hall.

HARRY
I’ll be right back…

HERMIONE
Harry…

Harry walks up within earshot of Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

DRACO
I don’t know how much longer, all right? It’s taking longer than I thought it would.

CRABBE
Can we atleast know….

DRACO
Look, it’s none of your business what I’m doing Crabbe, you and Goyle just do as you’re told and keep a lookout!

GOYLE
But Draco….

DRACO
That’s enough alright! Now isn’t the time to talk about it.

They both say nothing as they continue to walk and Harry stops following as Hermione walks up behind him.

HERMIONE
What was that about?

HARRY
He won’t even tell Crabbe and Goyle what he’s up too. What could he possibly be doing that he can’t even tell his best friends?

The scene cuts to the Great Hall where there are two lines of students facing each other and in front of each of them is a wooden hoop. Standing in the middle of these two groups is a TWYCROSS.

INT. THE GREAT HALL-EVENING

TWYCROSS
Now the important things to remember when Apparating are the three D’s. Destination, Determination, Deliberation! Fix your mind firmly upon the desired destination, focus your determination to occupy the visualized space, and only when I give the command turn on the spot, feeling your way into nothingness, moving with deliberation! Now, One, Two, THREE!!

The students all close their eyes and have a strained look on their face. We see Harry open one of his eyes to look around and notice that everyone else just seems to be standing. All of a sudden Neville faints and everyone opens their eyes and laugh.

TWYCROSS
Now now everyone concentrate! Lets try this again won’t we…One, Two, THREE!!!!

They close their eyes start spinning and some start falling on the floor. One student lets out of screech of pain as one student is in the hoop while one leg is still on the outside. Twycross waves his wand and there’s a puff of purple smoke and the student is back together.

TWYCROSS
That was called Splinching, or the separation of random body parts occurs when the mind is insufficiently determined. Now once again, GO!

The students close their eyes and the camera zooms in on Harry. He disappears and reappears in the circle hoop. He opens his eyes and everyone stares at him. Some look in amazement whereas Draco and his friends frown at Harry’s accomplishment.

TWYCROSS
Very good Mr. Potter, very good! Now lets go at it again why won’t we

INT. HOGWARTS-MOVING STAIRCASE-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron walking up the moving stairs

RON
How did you manage to do that Harry? Blimey once you turn 17 you’re going to pass the Apparation test with ease.

HARRY
I reckon I knew what to expect since I’ve already done it with Dumbledore.

RON
I forgot you’ve already done it! How is it?

HARRY
I’m not a big fan….I prefer flying

Harry and Ron continue to walk as the scene slowly fades to

INT. BOYS DORMITORY-MORNING

A shot of the names moving around the Marauder’s Map and the camera pans back to Harry looking at it as Ron is opening his birthday presents.

RON
Thanks for these Harry!

He holds up a pair of gloves and then tosses them on his bed and begins opening more presents.

HARRY
No problem birthday boy.

Harry looks back down at the map and begins scanning.

HARRY
Where is Malfoy, he doesn’t seem to be in his bed.

RON
Harry, is Hermione really going out with McLaggen? Not that I care…just haven’t seen them together much….

HARRY
Dunno…I don’t think things went very well at Slughorn’s party with those two.

RON
Good, oh wow, see what Mum and Dad got me? Blimey, I think I’ll come of age next year too…

He sits down the watch he got from his parents and notices the box of chocolate cauldrons beside Harry’s bed and picks them up.

RON
Wicked! Want one Harry?

HARRY
(Without looking up.)
No thanks…Malfoy’s gone again!

RON
Can’t have done, come on, apparation lessons today.

Ron shoves the cauldrons in his mouth and the scene cuts to Harry reading something on the bulletin board as we see Ron come down from the dormitory.

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-MORNING (MOMENTS LATER)

HARRY
Ready? Let’s go, we can still catch breakfast.

RON
I’m not hungry…. Harry, I can’t stand it!

HARRY
You can’t stand what?

RON
I…I can’t stop thinking about her!

HARRY
And that stops you from going to breakfast because….

RON
I don’t think she knows I exist.

HARRY
She keeps snogging you, doesn’t she? I’m sure…

RON
Who are you talking about?

HARRY
Who are you talking about?

RON
Romilda Vane

Ron rushes over and sits on the couch with a dazed look on his face.

RON
I think I love her Harry.

HARRY
(Chuckles)
Ok, say that again with a straight face.

Ron stands up quickly and walks towards Harry.

RON
I love her, have you seen her hair, and her eyes…

HARRY
Ok Ron jokes over, drop it.

Harry turns around to walk away and Ron pulls his wand out and shoots a spell at Harry that misses him by inches. Harry turns around quickly and pulls his wand out throws the same nonverbal spell he did earlier on Ron which snatched him up in the air by his legs and has him hanging up side down and the cauldrons drop out of Ron’s hands.

HARRY
What was that for!

RON
You insulted her, Harry! You said it was a joke.

HARRY
This is insane! What’s got into…

Harry notices the box of cauldrons on the floor beneath where Ron is hanging.

HARRY
Where did you get those Chocolate Cauldrons?

RON
They were a birthday present. I offered you one, didn’t I?

HARRY
You just picked them up off the floor!

RON
Let me go Harry!

HARRY
They’re the Chocolate Cauldrons Romilda gave me before Christmas, and they’re all spiked with love potion!

RON
Romilda! Harry…do you know her? Can you introduce us?

HARRY
(laughs)
Yeah I’ll introduce you. I’m going to let you down now, okay?

RON
Ok!

Ron is lowered back down to the ground. The portrait opens and Lavender walks in.

LAVENDER
You’re late Won Won, I’ve got you a birthday…

RON
Leave me alone; Harry’s going to introduce me to Romilda Vane!

Ron pushes her out the way and walks out. Harry mouths ‘Sorry’ to her and runs out behind Ron.

INT. SLUGHORNS OFFICE-MORNING (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to Harry and Ron standing in Slughorn’s Office. Slughorn is preparing something for Ron to drink.

RON
I can’t see her Harry, is he hiding her?

HARRY
She’s on here way

RON
Really, how do I look?

SLUGHORN
Very handsome, now drink that up, it’s a tonic for the nerves, keep you calm when she arrives, you know.

RON
Bloody Brilliant!

HARRY
Thanks Professor

SLUGHORN
Don’t mention it m’boy. I’m surprised someone as gifted in Potions as yourself couldn’t whip something up yourself!

HARRY
Right…well…you see I didn’t have the ingredients.

SLUGHORN
Say no more! So do you feel more like yourself m’boy?

Ron looks up at them with a look of shock at what just happened to him on his face.

HARRY
Great way to start off your 17th birthday huh?

SLUGHORN
Did you say birthday? Really? Oh well in that case!

Slughorn goes to his cupboard and pulls out a bottle of mead.

SLUGHORN
I’ve got one last bottle of this oak matured mead…meant to give this to Dumbledore for Christmas…ah well. Why don’t we open it now and celebrate Mr. Weasley’s birthday!
(Slughorn pours the drinks and hands a glass to each of them.)
Well, a very happy birthday, Rupert

RON
(Stunned)
Wait…how do you know…?

HARRY
It’s Ron sir…

As he says this Ron goes ahead and chugs the drink.

SLUGHORN
And may you have many more…

Ron drops the glass and foam start to come out of his mouth. He falls on the ground shaking furiously with his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

HARRY
Ron! Professor! Do something!

SLUGHORN
What…but…

Harry rushes towards the cupboard and starts to throw around bottles. He grabs the bezoar and runs to Ron. He forces his mouth open and throws the bezoar in his mouth. After a few seconds his body stops shaking and he falls off to sleep.

INT. HOSTPITAL WING-AFTERNOON (SAME DAY)

The scene cuts to a sleeping Ron in the hospital wing. Lavender is standing next to him and we notice Harry and Ginny standing on the opposite side of the bed looking down on him.

LAVENDER
I knew something must have been wrong with him. I mean who would pick Romilda Vane over me?

Harry and Ginny glance over at each other as the door to the Hospital Wing opens and a worried Hermione rushes in.

HERMIONE
I just heard….how is he?

HARRY
He’s fine….

LAVENDER
What are you doing here?

Hermione, Harry, and Ginny all look up at Lavender.

LAVENDER
Isn’t this what you wanted? Ever since we’ve been together you’ve been trying to harm him…well look like you’ve finally succeeded…

HERMIONE
I would never wish anything like this on Ron. How…how dare you!

LAVENDER
You’re just jealous because he loves me!

HERMIONE/HARRY/GINNY
What!??

Ron stirs a bit in his sleep.

HARRY
Listen Lavender…maybe this isn’t the right moment…

LAVENDER
You’re right….I have class soon anyway….

She kisses Ron on the forehead before grabbing her books and walking out of the ward. Hermione places her hand on Ron’s arm and begins to cry. Ginny places her hand on Hermione’s shoulder. Ginny and Harry both look over at each other before looking back down at Ron as the scene slowly fades to Harry and Hermione walking towards Hagrid’s Hut.

EXT. HOGWARTS-OUTSIDE OF THE STONE CIRCLE-NIGHT

HERMIONE
So Slughorn was planning on giving that bottle to Dumbledore?

HARRY
Yeah so that poison was meant to be for Dumbledore.

HERMIONE
This is just mad…first Katie…now Ron…even with all the extra protection people are still getting hurt.

Harry stops walking as he notices 2 figures walking slowly along the edge of the forest.

HERMIONE
Looks like Dumbledore’s back…

We now see that the figures walking are Dumbledore and Snape. Harry holds up a finger to his lips to signal that Hermione should keep quiet and he slowly walks down towards them while remaining in the shadows. Harry finds a spot behind a tree and stays there as Dumbledore and Snape slowly walk past the spot.

SNAPE
You take a great deal for granted, Dumbledore…perhaps I’ve changed my mind!

DUMBLEDORE
You gave me your word, Severus.

Dumbledore turns and says something that Harry can’t hear but we see him struggle to. Snape stares at Dumbledore for a moment in silence and Dumbledore looks away, sighs, and continues to walk.

DUMBLEDORE
Come to my office tonight, Severus, at eleven, and you shall not complain that I have no confidence in you. Right now I’m afraid we may not be alone and such topics shouldn’t be discussed out in the open.

They begin to walk away and the camera focuses on Harry hiding behind the tree as the scene cuts to a wideshot of Hogwarts. The scene then cuts to the Spinning Gargoyle and Harry standing in front of it. He looks down at the piece of parchment in his hand before knocking.

DUMBLEDORE
(Offscreen)
Enter!

INT. HOGWARTS-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT

HARRY
Good evening sir…I just got the message that you wanted to see me.

DUMBLEDORE
Come in Harry.

Harry notices that Dumbledore’s injured hand looks even worse now and that it has spread throughout most of his hand and even into his palm.

HARRY
Before we start sir I have something to tell you. I overheard Snape and Draco talking….and…Snape was offereing to help Draco do something. Snape told Draco he made an Unbreakable Vow and…it’s just…well sir…before school I found out that Draco is trying to fix a Vanishing Cabinet. I don’t know why or how but it was in Borgin and Burkes and if Snape is offering to help then….

DUMBLEDORE
Thank you for telling me this Harry, but I suggest that you put it out of your mind. I do not think it is of great importance.

HARRY
Not of great importance? Professor, did you understand…?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes Harry and I think you might consider the possibility that I understood more than you did. I am glad you confided in me, but let me reassure you that you have not told me anything that causes me disquiet.

HARRY
So you definitely still trust Snape then?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes Harry I do…but now I must insist that we press on. I have more important things to discuss with you this evening. Have you managed the task I set you at the end of our previous lesson?

HARRY
Well, no sir, seeing the situation with Ron and all.

DUMBLEDORE
And following around Professor Snape and Mr. Malfoy aswell it seems. I thought I made it clear to you how very important that memory is Harry. It is the most crucial memory of all and we will be wasting our time without it.

HARRY
It isn’t that I wasn’t trying…I’ve just had other things….I’m sorry sir.

DUMBLEDORE
There will be little point in our meeting after tonight unless we have that memory.

Harry looks down in disappointment as Dumbledore walks over to the Pensieve. He places his wand up to his temple and pulls out a few strings and places them in it. Dumbledore motions to Harry to come over and Harry walks up to the Pensieve, takes a breathe, and plunges his head into it as the room dissolves.

INT-DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (PAST)

Harry looks around and notices that he’s in Dumbledore’s Office. He notices a young Dumbledore sitting at his desk writing as the door knocks.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Enter!

The door opens and in walks a young Voldemort. The darkness is very apparent in his appearance now, and his physical appearance is already starting to change. Around his neck he is wearing a golden LOCKET with a serpentine S on it.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Good evening Tom, won’t you sit down?

VOLDEMORT
Thank you. I heard that you had become headmaster, a worthy choice.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I am glad you approve. So what do I owe this pleasure, Tom?

VOLDEMORT
They do not call me ‘Tom’ anymore these days Dumbledore, I am known as…

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I know what you are known as, however I’m afraid you will always be Tom Riddle to me.

Voldermort frowns slighty at the sound of this and Dumbledore just simply smiles at him.

DUMBLEDORE
So what brings you here Tom?

VOLDEMORT
I have returned to ask that you permit me to return to this castle, to teach. I could show and tell your students things they can gain from no other wizard.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I certainly do know that you have seen and done much since leaving us. Rumors of your doings have reached your old school, Tom. I should be sorry to believe half of them.

VOLDEMORT
Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, and spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
You call it ‘greatness’ what you have been doing?

VOLDEMORT
Certainly. I have pushed the boundaries of magic further perhaps, than they have ever been pushed.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Of some kinds of magic Tom. Of others, I’m afraid, you remain woefully ignorant

VOLDEMORT
(Laughs)
The old argument. But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your famous pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Perhaps you’ve been looking in the wrong places.

Dumbledore and Voldemort simply stare at each other for a moment and Dumbledore notices the locket around his neck.

DUMBLEDORE
Interesting locket….

VOLDEMORT
Do you like it Dumbledore? It’s an old family heirloom of mine. I found out about it when I worked at Borgin and Burke’s back when I was in school. It’s not very often an orphan finds something so precious that’s connected to his heritage.

DUMBLEDORE
Indeed.

VOLDEMORT
Let’s not change the subject however Dumbledore. Will you let me return? I place myself and my talents at your disposal. I am yours to command.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
And what will become of those who call themselves, the Death Eaters, whom I hear you, command.

VOLDEMORT
My friends will carry on without me, I’m sure.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I am glad to hear you consider them friends. You see I was under the impression that they are more in the order of servants.

VOLDEMORT
You are mistaken.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Then why Tom are there a group of people sitting at the Hog’s Head awaiting your return? Devoted friends indeed, to travel this far with you on a snowy night, merely to wish you luck as you attempt to secure a teaching post.

VOLDEMORT
You are omniscient as ever, Dumbledore

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Maybe so, then again I could just know the right people in the right places. Let us speak openly, why have you come here tonight, surrounded by henchmen, to request a job we both know you do not want?

VOLDEMORT
I do not want? On the contrary, Dumbledore, I want it very much.

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I disagree Tom. Stop with the games and tell me what you want.

VOLDEMORT
I’ve told you. Now if you simply don’t want to give me the job…

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
Of course I don’t, and I don’t think for a moment you expected me to.

Voldemort stands up quickly, clearly furious.

VOLDEMORT
This is your final word?

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
It is.

VOLDEMORT
Then we have nothing more to say to each other!

YOUNG DUMBLEDORE
I’m afraid not.

Voldemort sneers and walks furiously out of the room and there is a flash and

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT (PRESENT DAY)

Harry is now in the present. He looks over to see Dumbledore sitting on the steps in front of his desk.

HARRY
Why did he come back sir?

DUMBLEDORE
I have ideas, but I can’t tell you what they are until you have retrieved that memory from Professor Slughorn.

HARRY
Was he after the Defense Against the Dark Arts job sir?

DUMBLEDORE
Definitely. The aftermath of our little meeting proved that. You see we have never been able to keep a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for longer than a year since I refused the post to Lord Voldemort. Now I must say goodnight Harry.

HARRY
Goodnight sir.

Harry begins to walk out of Dumbledore’s Office. He glances back and notices Dumbledore once again staring at his damaged hand. Harry slowly closes the door and the scene cuts to Harry in his Quidditch gear pacing.

INT. QUIDDITCH TENT-AFTERNOON

The camera pans back to show the rest of players sitting around looking nervous. Cormac then runs in with full gear on.

CORMAC
Sorry I’m late….

HARRY
The match starts in 5 minuets McLaggen, you were supposed to be here an hour ago!

CORMAC
I’m sorry I had things to do….

HARRY
Things? The only reason you’re playing this game McLaggen is because Ron is in the hospital. The moment he’s well….

CORMAC
Won’t happen again sir!

He smiles and begins to walk out towards the feel. Harry sighs as the rest of the team follows.

EXT. HOGWARTS-QUIDDITCH FIELD-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to the Quidditch game already in session. We see a player from the Hufflepuff team fly by with the Quaffle and then the camera moves towards the crowd to show Luna with the microphone.

LUNA
And that’s Smith of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle. Oh look, he’s lost the Quaffle again, he must be suffering from loser’s largy. He can’t seem to hold the Quaffle for very long. Ginny took it from him this time, I do like her, she’s very nice….

We see McGonagall cast a look at Luna and then the camera cuts back to Harry as he hovers above them. He watches Ginny as she flies quickly towards the goal posts but the Quaffle is taken from her by an opposing player.

LUNA
Oh it seems like that big Hufflepuff player’s got the Quaffle from her, I can’t remember his name, it’s something like Bibble…no…Buggins…

MCGONAGALL
It’s Cadwallader!

LUNA
Thank you professor. And if anyone is interesting there’s this interesting cloud that seems to be shaped like a nargle right there if you look past Harry Potter.

We see a few people in the stands look up as the scene cuts back to Harry who seems to be staring at Ginny as she plays but notices McLaggen leaving his post and flying towards Ginny.

CORMAC
How come you let him get the Quaffle? Seriously Weasley do I have to show you everything….

GINNY
Get back to your post McLaggen before they….

DING. They look back and notice that the opposite team just scored. Ginny casts a nasty look at McLaggen and flies away from him.

HARRY
Cormac what are you doing! Get back to your post!

GINNY
Harry look out!

Harry ducks and barely misses a bludger that almost hit him in the head. He looks back and smiles at Ginny not noticing Cormac who quickly flies towards Dean and forcefully takes the Beater bat out of his hand.

CORMAC
Let me show you how to really hit a Bludger.

Cormac grabs the bat and BAM hits the Bludger towards Harry who is still looking at Ginny. A look of shock goes across her face and Harry turns around and we see the Bludger flying right and the camera and BAM the screen goes black.

Old May 17th, 2008, 9:28 am
Fourth Year

You know, I think the Godric's Hollow grave scene will not work very much in the movie.
I mean, we just have Harry and Hermione, possibly under the Invisibility Cloak, watching the gravestones, and cry.
Dead Depressing.
In fact, I've never seen scenes like that in a movie, unless we have a Voice Over that tells us Harry's thoughts...I don't see how it would work.
I think, for the sake of 'filmology' to have Harry visit the ruins of his parent's house, not the graveyard.
So, as Harry glances around to try to imagine how the house once was, the camera pans and show sweet snakey Naginy appearing out of the blue.
(I don't see Bathilda as a cinematographic character either)

Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:17 pm
Second Year

I thought of a better opening for "Philosopher's Stone".

Philosopher’s Stone:    

Opening
Airial shot over a village, that is Godric's Hollow. Theme music plays lightly and voices can be heard, as if from the wind.

JAMES: Lily, take Harry and run! It's him! I'll hold him off!

LILY: Don't worry, Harry. Mommy is here.

VOLDEMORT: Stand aside. You need not die.

LILY: No!

VOLDEMORT: Stand aside, you fool.

LILY: NO! Not Harry! Don't take Harry! Kill me instead!

The camara turned to the second story window of one of the houses and moves towards it quickily.

VOLDEMORT: As you wish! Avada Kadavra!

As Voldemort says, "Kadavra", the camara "phases" through the glass. Lily falls to the floor, dead. Harry says something "baby-ish".

The camara pans to Voldemort, who is wearing a jet-black cloak that covers most of his face. He slowly walks to the crib. When he stops only a few feet from the crib, the gleam of two red eyes breaks the shadow of his hood. Harry cries.

Voldemort raises his wand and smiles evilly.

VOLDEMORT: Naither can live, while the other servives...[points his wand at Harry]

Cut to the exterior of the house, which is silent for a moment. But the silence is interupted by an explosion from Harry's room. the camara moves into the wreckage. Voldemort is nowhere to be seen and Harry is laying down, apparently knocked out. As the camara comes closer, a lighting-bolt shaped scar becomes visible on Harry's forehead.

The music picks up again and the title appears.

What do you think?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies