Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Say something positive about The Goblet of Fire

Old November 30th, 2005, 3:39 pm
Second Year

I won't say one thing I'll say several.
1) The graphics were amazing
2) Voldemort was scary
3) David Tennant kicked a** as Barty Jr.
4) Yule Ball was beautiful
5) Several hilarious scenes
6) Loved the graveyard scene

In favor of Book 7 being as long as an unabridged dictionary!

You people seriously need to understand me!

Dragon Heartstring Ash 7 inches
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2005, 3:45 pm
First Year

This one is easy...

FRED AND GEORGE!!!!!

dragon....

HOGWARTS!!!!

To me it doesn't matter how bad the movie is to someone, its the fact that we get to see that castle when ever its played.

Old November 30th, 2005, 3:57 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwooperkeeper
GoF is the best so far. Chris Columbus, in directing the first two films, often gets a bum rap; but one must consider that those films, like the books, laid the groundwork. Chris started with nothing and created a visual world. Now that the basics of Harry's world are in place, the world can be expanded upon.
Well said. I feel the same way about Columbus. I was in awe when I saw the first movie. He laid a beautiful framework for the continuation of the series.
Quote:
And Dan is becoming an action / adventure hero as well as becoming a very good actor.
I fear he is a very reluctant action hero. He admits he's not a very good swimmer and he was pretty terrified during that 40 foot drop down the side of the roof. But for carrying it through. The mark of a true actor.
Quote:
His scene with Cedric's body after returning to Hogwart's was award material.
That (and a box of Kleenex) says it all.
Quote:
The scenes during the ball were priceless. Reminds me of prom nite; they were so true to life. The humor came from life and life's mistakes and growing up; not from fat ladies and ugly shrunken heads. The movie was majick. Not because of witches and wizards; but because it was about growing up and the choices that have to be made; it was about who your friends are and how hard it is to keep them, and that sometimes you lose one through no fault of yours.
Well said. I'm goosebumping here.

There were a few nitpickey things wrong with the movie, but that's all they were ... nitpickey. I won't let them ruin my enjoyment of what is a wonderful movie on so many levels. How often do you get a great movie that encompasses action, adventure, mystery, fear, fantasy, love, hate, comedy, confusion, and facing your worst nightmare. I was on an emotional roller coaster with this movie and I'm looking forward to the ride for a third time.

Old November 30th, 2005, 9:09 pm
Third Year

Harry's return from the graveyard. When this film wants to tear out your heart, rip into tiny little pieces and make you feel extremely sad about it, it does exactly that.

DH2A member/Malfoy Manor split supporter

"I like a quiet life, you know me."

Old November 30th, 2005, 10:08 pm
Second Year

I really enjoyed it. Like several other people here, I thought that the scene where Harry returns to the maze was really good.

Some little things that I were really glad they put in were: the Potter Stinks badges - they looked so fantastic. Also, in the book Viktor Krum is described as being slightly duckfooted and more unco-ordinated while on the ground; there is a scene down by the lake where he walks past the trio (followed by giggling girls), and he did look slightly duckfooted.

Old November 30th, 2005, 10:32 pm
Zonko's Employee

The maze was very effective. They did well to lose the critters. Newll isn't Hitchcock by a long chalk, but he made good use of the claustrophobic feel of a maze (they always creep me out). Good use of sound too.

The film is better than the book #1: Brokeback Mountain

If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience
would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.

Alfred Hitchcock
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:53 pm
McMugwump Supreme

Newell is the first director to make proper use of Fred and George. They were actually funny in this one.

Umm ... Ralph Fiennes was a good Voldemort.

The CGI was impressive.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old November 30th, 2005, 11:08 pm
First Year

An accurate looking You Know Who! He looked really good (Especially after the whole werewolf incident)

The Yule Ball set was very pretty

Fred and George were wicked funny... love them!

It made me cry for the whole movie, which I guess is good

Old November 30th, 2005, 11:09 pm
Curse Breaker

88%.

If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there. - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:28 pm
Fourth Year

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

Anyway I just wish the Graveyeard scene to be longer.

Old December 1st, 2005, 3:04 am
First Year

i love the segment on the second task, whether if it's in the movie or in the book. to have harry be the first one there and him wanting to save them all even if it wasn't his to save was i think very noble.

Old December 1st, 2005, 3:15 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultry_vixxen
i love the segment on the second task, whether if it's in the movie or in the book. to have harry be the first one there and him wanting to save them all even if it wasn't his to save was i think very noble.
Actually, the part of the 2nd task that I liked was the modification. When assaulted by Grindylows, Harry flings Ron and Gabrielle to safety and allows himself to be overwhelmed. This touched upon the theme of good people being willing to sacrifice themselves to save others, which is present throughout the series. It got some emphasis in both PSS and PoA, and it is possible that people will start to notice that.

At the end, we might very well view that and Lupin's lines to Harry in PoA as foreshadowing for the final resolution.

If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there. - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
Old December 1st, 2005, 3:23 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey
Actually, the part of the 2nd task that I liked was the modification. When assaulted by Grindylows, Harry flings Ron and Gabrielle to safety and allows himself to be overwhelmed. This touched upon the theme of good people being willing to sacrifice themselves to save others, which is present throughout the series.
I agree. It connects to the A plot because Lily and James did the same for him.

I also posted a simliar reason for liking the way the maze was adapted in the "bolder" thread (which you responded to). I like how they showed Cedric becoming aggressive in the maze, and Harry hesitating to save him. It showed that in times in desperation, it can turn into "every man for himself", and the evil side of human nature takes shape. And who is the ultimate symbol of this? Voldemort.

It's interesting how the 2nd and 3rd task were both able to make a profound connection like that.

Thanks to random_musing for the inspiration ^_^

"Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him..." - Order of the Pheonix
Old December 1st, 2005, 3:24 am
Third Year

The graveyard scene as well as the tasks (mainly 1st and 2nd) were great.

Old December 1st, 2005, 10:18 am
Third Year

I love GOF!! Cause it's the only movie that featured Cedric in it.. hehehe...

Old December 1st, 2005, 11:52 am
First Year

I have to say, seeing as I just saw it... from all the reviews/posts about it I was expecting to be dissapointed, seeing as most of the book I'd say is left out...but I was WRONG!
It is my favorite movie, and I'm going to see it a few more times before it stops showing at the cinemas... I'm not going to say anything about the actual movie, because anyone who's seen it already knows, and anyone who hasn't, NEEDS TO A.S.A.P.!!!!!!

-Skyhawker

Honor over Hate
Strength over Fear
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:55 am
Fourth Year

The quidditch stage!!

For all the bad things u have done,I'll never forget,but i forgive u anyway,but I just can't trust u,coz there's too many trauma I hold coz everytime u hurt me it feels like my heart has been knocked by a sword. everyday seems like a nightmare and haunted me with dark, nervousity it makes me insane ghosts chasing me everywhere I go those ghosts are inside my feeling trapped in this feeling coz u invite them first...u think this is funny? I don't care what u said...coz u're just too stupid to understand me...why r u so sarcastic like that? u influenced me to be sarcastic too.stop being sadistic....I hate it!!

usnnandja
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:04 pm
First Year

Oh. I will say one thing though...seeing as no-one else has:

Argus Filch running up to Dumbledore!!!!!

One of the funniest bit in the whole movie!

-Skyhawker

Honor over Hate
Strength over Fear
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:08 pm
First Year

I thought the part when Harry was talking to Hermione about Viktor was quite funny.

Hermione: Well, Viktor and I don't talk much at all, actually... he's more of a... physical being...

The implied inuendo by the look on Harry's face was hilarious.

Also, the part when Cedric was bought back to Hogwarts was very well done. My friend beside me was bawling her eyes out and I was a bit choked up. I think that scene made the film.

Old December 1st, 2005, 12:14 pm
Second Year

1. I'd never felt the sadness of Cedric's death nor Harry's parents reappearance in "ghost" form from the book but the movie made it real for me and made me emotional. When I saw PoA, I cringed at the bad crying performance that Dan Radcliffe gave.
2. Fred and George finally get to be Fred and George.
3. More to giggle about in the movie which was great. I always get a giggle when I read the books so it's good that the movie did the same.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies