Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

HBP: Hardest scene to watch

Old July 29th, 2009, 5:20 am
First Year

Re: Hardest scene to watch

I wish I could say a scene hit me hard enough to be hard to watch, like the cave scene or Dumbledore's death. Unfortunately, no scene really struck me except for anything with Ginny in it. The entire RoR sequence made me severely uncomfortable... sooo awkward.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
~Dumbledore

Slythenclaw
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2009, 5:50 am
Second Year

Really, really, really not a fan of the hospital scene. Just watched the movie again and everything about it was very uncomfortable for me.

Old July 29th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Animaga terpsichore

It was hard for me to watch Hermione break down after Lavender and Ron started kissing. We've never seen Hermione break down like that until now. That just shows that she has always had feelings for him, but just never showed it.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 30th, 2009, 4:25 am
First Year

Harry not doing anything in the tower even when he was not frozen was very very difficult for me to see.

Old July 31st, 2009, 8:13 pm
Third Year

OK so Ive always found it awkward to watch any scene from the movies where Harry blatantly talks about how his parents are dead or that Voldemort killed them, but in HBP out of the 4 times Ive seen it TWICE something has happened, but mainly in the midnight showing that I just don't understand. So at the midnight showing it was a packed theater of over 700 people and the scene where Harry is talking to Slughorn I believe it was and Harry drops Voldemorts name and Slughorn says not to say his name and Harry says something along the lines of "Sorry he killed my parents" at that moment the ENTIRE theater of 700 people except my group of friends started LAUGHING hysterically at this. I just don't get it, what is so funny about someone revealing that his parents were killed? Twice the theater I was in laughed but the midnight was worse because of the amount of people. Can someone please shine some light on this for me? Am I missing the humor in this?

Please read this

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old July 31st, 2009, 10:09 pm
First Year

Nonsensical and OOC scenes are the hardest for me to watch... namely three of them- the whole railway station scene, the sectumsempra non-aftermath, and the odd 'fight back you coward' scene. Is there such a thing as extended DVDs for HP as there is for LotR?

SS, I don't see the humour in it either... though the fishbowl scene made me make a face as it felt rather anti-climatic to me after "You'd disgrace her memory".

Old August 1st, 2009, 12:45 pm
Second Year

Dumbledore dying, I still need to cry about that

won't be easy to do
are you this restless too?

Insomniatic-Aly and Aj = Best Song Ever

Old August 1st, 2009, 1:13 pm
Third Year

I also remember cringing when Malfoy stepped on Harry's nose. :/ That was so realistic, I could feel it.

I didn't like it when Ron kissed Lavender. Well, maybe because I just really love Rupert Grint but I closed my eyes at that part.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 8:33 pm
First Year

Any of the romantic scenes since they feel so forced and awkward to me.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 8:41 pm
First Year

It was really hard to watch all the scenes with Lavender Brown drooling over Ron, she played her part well, I give her that, but she was so annoying.

'Or maybe,' said a very cold voice right behind them, 'he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train.'

Chamber of Secrets, Ch. 5: The Whomping Willow
Old August 2nd, 2009, 8:43 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Any of the H/G in the HBP film...it was even worse than canon H/G, and that's saying something.

In PS, when all three kids go "Ahhhh" when they see Fluffy...that was way too corny. In fact, a lot of the PS movie was corny.

In PoA, when Lupin fails to tell us who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are.

SWM. Snape's getting bullied, which is always hard to watch, and Lily just wasn't there! How are they going to explain that in DH2?

Dumbledore's death. There's so much pain in AR's delivery of the AK. It makes you so sad for Snape and what he's going through there.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old August 3rd, 2009, 1:11 am
Third Year

I read somewhere that David Yates I believe it was, asked Dan and Bonnie to come up with a line to get her closer to Harry in the Burrow and SHE came up with the "shoelace" line. Which gets me thinking that how could no one hear that line and not think it was horrible. If the point was to get closer to Harry couldn't she of just used the Happy Christmas line that she used IMMEDIATELY afterward.....terrible just terrible

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old August 3rd, 2009, 1:22 am
First Year

Oh, to choose:

Winner: PoA, 'he was their friend!' Narm!

HBP: 'Yes, I am the Half-Blood Prince...' Oh, right, the movie was about that, wasn't it? (You wouldn't know it from the script...)

HBP: 'We can leave that here too, if you'd like...' I must say, the Harry/Ginny relationship was spectacularly mangled. On second viewing, I was quite impressed with how badly that was done.

HBP: Ron moans Hermione's name with the teachers maintaining very serious expressions. Good for them, because that scene was shocking.

HBP: The cave scene. One cliche after another. I was impressed with DD's last great hurrah, and that was more emotional to me than his death.

But a serious hard to watcher - Cedric's death, only for his father's reaction.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 1:22 am
First Year

I winced a bit when Dumbledore was asking Harry about his love life. That was pretty hard to watch.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 3:06 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyLoonyLupin View Post
I winced a bit when Dumbledore was asking Harry about his love life. That was pretty hard to watch.
Ugh. I cringe when I hear that.

Quote:
Why didn't I remember that? A serious tearjerker.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old August 3rd, 2009, 3:17 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristen03 View Post
I also remember cringing when Malfoy stepped on Harry's nose. :/ That was so realistic, I could feel it.
I closed my eyes when Draco did that, and flinched.

"WHAT THE DEVIL IS GOING ON HERE?"
-AVPM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 3:17 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saebel View Post
That man should have gotten an award just for that one scene. It made my heart clench just watching him in so much pain. That is a new catagory that I think they should add into the oscars next year, Best Single Scene. I wasn't extraordinarily sad because of Cedric, who I liked but who wasn't one of my all time favorite characters, but his father crying was heartbreaking to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevrusSnape View Post
I read somewhere that David Yates I believe it was, asked Dan and Bonnie to come up with a line to get her closer to Harry in the Burrow and SHE came up with the "shoelace" line. Which gets me thinking that how could no one hear that line and not think it was horrible. If the point was to get closer to Harry couldn't she of just used the Happy Christmas line that she used IMMEDIATELY afterward.....terrible just terrible
I don't get why people hated that scene so much? It was a little awkward but it wasn't so much that it was painful, and considering how old they are and their past, it SHOULD be awkward. But it was also very touching and heartfelt and gave you a feeling of them both wanting to be closer to each other but being afraid to do so. It had just a tiny hint of intimacy that almost made you feel like you should turn away but not because it was stupid. Rather because it made me feel like I was intruding on somthing privet. I think that it was done spectacularly. This was one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie *shrug*

Last edited by LionsDisciple; August 3rd, 2009 at 3:19 am.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 3:31 am
Fourth Year

I cannot watch the end of PoA movie. It was so horrible. When I saw Harry's face fly into the screen, I wanted to punch something.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 6:11 pm
First Year

Most of the 'romance' was hard to watch for me, because it's so incredibly awkward. I was actually feeling embarassed for them.
It's not even embarassing because it's romantic, since it's not romantic at all in my opinion. It's...I don't even know what it is, but I know, that it makes me cringe.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm
P.A. to Lucius Malfoy

The scene in the cave, where Harry was force feeding Dumbledore the potion. I thought both Michael Gambon and Dan Radcliffe acted that so well. Very emotional scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignisia View Post
SWM. Snape's getting bullied, which is always hard to watch, and Lily just wasn't there! How are they going to explain that in DH2?
I find SWM very difficult to watch, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignisia View Post
Dumbledore's death. There's so much pain in AR's delivery of the AK. It makes you so sad for Snape and what he's going through there.
Alan Rickman and Tom Felton acted that scene absolutely wonderfully! Really heartwrenching watching their emotions, especially the feeling potrayed in their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevrusSnape View Post

Heartbreaking, that one.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies