Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London

Old April 4th, 2012, 4:24 pm
Sixth Year

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London

I hope some day I will be able to go. BTW, does anyone else feel that the closed eyes/semi faces on the mannequins are a bit creepy? They give me the creeps when I see them.

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2012, 7:54 am
Second Year

My tour is in a couple of days and I was wondering if (for the people who have already been!) people are "dressing up" like they do at the Universal Studios in Florida... I was just wondering if tour guests are wearing robes and hats... I plan on wearing my brand new "Weasley sweater"

Image by the lovely SadiraSnape

"Neville is the man!"

Wand: Pear, Phoenix, 14.5 in, quite flexible
HUFFLEPUFF
MagicProphecy
Old June 7th, 2012, 4:57 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart View Post
My tour is in a couple of days and I was wondering if (for the people who have already been!) people are "dressing up" like they do at the Universal Studios in Florida... I was just wondering if tour guests are wearing robes and hats... I plan on wearing my brand new "Weasley sweater"
I didn't see anybody in outfits, although during the tour there are opportunities to try on/purchase robes, so I see nothing wrong with it!

The tour was incredible, I went for my 18th birthday and had an amazing time. I won't say much more as I don't wish to spoil it for anybody.. The one thing I will say is that it all seems so much smaller in real life.

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:50 pm
First Year

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone who has been on the tour happens to remember the prices of anything at all that is for sale in the giftshop? I'm going over to England at the end of the year and am not sure how much money I should take on the tour. I obviously don't want to end up taking too little and not being able to get things that I want as I live very far away so it's not like I can go back easily. I'm specifically looking for the price of robes, but prices of anything will be useful for me to get a sort of ballpark figure of what I'm looking at.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated - the studio doesn't reply to my emails requesting prices.

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:14 am
First Year

Re: Prices at the shop.

I went 3 weeks ago and yes things are very expensive. At least twice the expected. I bought a robe costing 74.95. Wands are 25 to 75 and chocolate frogs 5 I think. So bring at least twice as much as you think is necessary.

I am hoping to sneak in to the shop to buy a few more things before Christmas without going through the tour as the shop opens out into the entrance foyer and so tour admission is not necessary. The tour is fantastic and well worth the 28 entrance fee but I had not much time to check out the shop.

Hope this helps but others may contribute more prices.

Old February 18th, 2013, 3:08 pm
Second Year

I went to the tour last June and it was literally one of the best days of my life!

I took over 600 photos... I could have happily stayed there all day long, but for some reason, my friend booked it for 3pm, so only stayed for a few hours. I love looking back at my photos, and seeing how happy my little face is.

I really want to go back! Esp, as they have added new things. I was gutted that after I had been, they opened the Hogwarts bridge for people to walk on. I was only allowed to look at it. *sadface*

One of the best bits is watching the films and saying 'I've been there' haha. The people I watch it with looooove that!

Twitter @potterlalashley // @lalalaley4ev
Old February 19th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

could you post any pictures?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies