Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Batman 2: The Dark Knight

Old January 2nd, 2009, 7:39 pm
Don't feed the Noob! (It only encourages them)

Re: Batman 2: The Dark Knight

^Hey, I didn't even get a stinkin' booklet!

Committed to Sparkle Motion
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2009, 2:56 am
Qvack...

Sorry Caliope..

But I promise you, it literally takes the shots from the film, turns them to cartoons, and tells the first five minutes of the story that way. You missed nothing pivotal.

THE DUCK.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 4:29 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
Sorry Caliope..

But I promise you, it literally takes the shots from the film, turns them to cartoons, and tells the first five minutes of the story that way. You missed nothing pivotal.
Are you sure those aren't storyboards?

Old January 3rd, 2009, 4:10 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
Are you sure those aren't storyboards?
Nope, just a "cartoonisation" of the literal first five minutes. What it says on the booklet anyway, though it might be copied from the storyboards, so you might have a point.

THE DUCK.

Old January 4th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Registered Animagus

We didn't get a booklet either! I never watch special features on dvds anyway so I'm not fussed about the lack there of on the TDK dvd... we didn't have the option of a single disc anyway.

Old January 7th, 2009, 3:23 am
Banned

I wish we had gotten a booklet. Most DVDs don't have booklets anyways. I really wish they did, they are cool to look at. I see what you all mean by the TDK not having very many special features. So how does it make it a special edition? I got the two-disc regular DVD version and it's so skimpy. Two interviews, two galleries, trailers, Gotham Tonight, and the IMAX scenes. That's it! Not much. I love the movie so much, but I agree with what someone had said before. Christopher Nolan put so much work into The Dark Knight and just forgot about the extras. I mean, you absolutely have to have a great film, but I'm a movie addict. I've gotta have some great special features and there weren't any.

Seriously people, David Tennant as the Riddler. Awesome! Won't happen, though.

Old January 7th, 2009, 3:27 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
I see what you all mean by the TDK not having very many special features. So how does it make it a special edition? I got the two-disc regular DVD version and it's so skimpy. Two interviews, two galleries, trailers, Gotham Tonight, and the IMAX scenes. That's it! Not much.
It's a special edition because the one-disc has only the film--no extras.

Old January 7th, 2009, 6:12 am
Banned

Quote:
Seriously people, David Tennant as the Riddler. Awesome!
I would disagree. I've seen Tennant act, if you can call it that. I've seen him some episodes of the new Doctor Who, a show that should have never been made. Tennant makes the camp show even worse. He is not good enough for a role in Nolan's universe.

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:48 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
JLTucker
I would disagree. I've seen Tennant act, if you can call it that. I've seen him some episodes of the new Doctor Who, a show that should have never been made. Tennant makes the camp show even worse. He is not good enough for a role in Nolan's universe.
From what I can tell nobody on Dr Who can act... I've always thought that was their 'thing'... Or at least their acting is deliberately bad.

I'd like a relatively unknown person to play the Riddler. Not somebody with no experience but no big names. Ledger was coming up as a house-hold name internationally with TDK I think it would be a good thing to do the same with the next Batman.

Old January 7th, 2009, 7:36 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
From what I can tell nobody on Dr Who can act... I've always thought that was their 'thing'... Or at least their acting is deliberately bad.

I'd like a relatively unknown person to play the Riddler. Not somebody with no experience but no big names. Ledger was coming up as a house-hold name internationally with TDK I think it would be a good thing to do the same with the next Batman.
Very true. Ledger was a very indie icon prior to TDK- and now he's a real household name, early passing away aside even. It was TDK and the posters that really brought him to the fore. And it would be nice to see that happen again, to another actor.

Personally I liked the idea of Peter Facinelli in the role, but he's currently involved in Twilight, so that won't happen! !

THE DUCK.

Old January 7th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Banned

Peter Facinelli would be good as the Riddler. I think he was one of the few people in Twilight who could actually act.

A lot of people can act in Doctor Who.

What about the girl from X-Men and True Blood for Catwoman? I think her name is Anna Paquin.

Old January 8th, 2009, 3:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
Ledger was a very indie icon prior to TDK- and now he's a real household name, early passing away aside even. It was TDK and the posters that really brought him to the fore. And it would be nice to see that happen again, to another actor.
That's true, that would be neat to see. Although I kinda have my heart set on Johnny, I'm sure that won't happen. But anyone Nolan casts, no matter how strange-sounding, I'm sure will be fantastic--I trust Nolan.

PBG, I think I've just been spoiled by your siggy!

Old January 8th, 2009, 4:59 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
What about the girl from X-Men and True Blood for Catwoman? I think her name is Anna Paquin.
Youngest ever Oscar winner. Best supporting actess in The Piano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck
Ledger was a very indie icon
I wouldn't call Ledger an indie icon. Admittedly his finest performance was in Candy which was a small film and he was in more than his share of movies which inhabited the shadowland between googleplex and arthouse but he was also involved in some pretty awful bubblegum and Australian soap opera.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 8th, 2009, 5:11 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wab View Post
Quote:

Youngest ever Oscar winner. Best supporting actess in The Piano.
Actually, no. That title goes to Tatum O'Neal, who won Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon in 1974.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.

Last edited by cardinalguy; January 8th, 2009 at 11:38 pm.
Old January 8th, 2009, 6:58 am
Don't feed the Noob! (It only encourages them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wab View Post
I wouldn't call Ledger an indie icon. Admittedly his finest performance was in Candy which was a small film and he was in more than his share of movies which inhabited the shadowland between googleplex and arthouse but he was also involved in some pretty awful bubblegum and Australian soap opera.
THANK YOU. He was THE flavor-of-the-month like ten years ago, when I was in school - practicaly every girl in my first year college dorm (including me) had him plastered to her wall. I always adored him, but he was more an actor without a niche than an 'indie' icon. He did a whole lot of movies that either no one heard of, or appealed to a very narrow audience. He's an icon NOW, for being The Joker, being awesome at it, and for dying young. But that's about it.

Anyway, I thought Johnny Depp was already confirmed as The Riddler for the next film? Is that not the case?

Committed to Sparkle Motion
Old January 8th, 2009, 7:08 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliope View Post
Anyway, I thought Johnny Depp was already confirmed as The Riddler for the next film? Is that not the case?
Jesus Christo! We do not even know if there is going to be a third movie. No one has been cast. A script hasn't even been written!

Old January 8th, 2009, 12:12 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
Jesus Christo! We do not even know if there is going to be a third movie. No one has been cast. A script hasn't even been written!
Well we all know a third movie is happening, whether Nolan/Bale/any new cast members will be involved has not been revealed. I guarantee that the Warner higher-ups will have already ordered preliminary work to begin.

Old January 8th, 2009, 2:42 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

The Dark Knight won all the awards it was nominated for in the People's choice CBS ceremony.

It won five awards, including favorite cast, superhero, action movie and on-screen matchup for Christian Bale's Batman and the late Heath Ledger's Joker.

"On behalf of all of the cast from the movie, thank you very much to the fans," said Bale. "Here's to Heath."

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old January 8th, 2009, 9:51 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
I see her too sweet for the role. I think Catwoman must be... spicy

Old January 10th, 2009, 8:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliope View Post
I always adored him, but he was more an actor without a niche than an 'indie' icon. He did a whole lot of movies that either no one heard of, or appealed to a very narrow audience. He's an icon NOW, for being The Joker, being awesome at it, and for dying young. But that's about it.
Sure, he started his career in teen flicks, like a lot of new actors. But before The Dark Knight, he had been expanding his career, taking on different roles, working in several indies. I think he would have established himself as an actor who would not be pigeonholed, like Bale or Depp, really.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion