Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Say something positive about The Goblet of Fire

Old November 29th, 2005, 7:33 pm
First Year

I liked how Ginny got some more screen time than she did last time(about four whole seconds). I also liked the ferret scene.

Old November 29th, 2005, 7:35 pm
First Year

i loved the way ron and hermione interacted during the Yule Ball scene.
i really felt for hermione as she sat on the stairs crying over ron's words and actions.

also, the dancing scenes were phenomenal with harry being flustered and hagrid trying to make a move on Madame Maxime...classic

Old November 29th, 2005, 7:45 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trun0_Jay
Babbling , bumbling band of baboons!

i liked in the same scene where the twins whistled ron and ron turning to throw a punch at them

I don't think he was turning to throw a punch at them, he was about to give them a certain gesture!!! I love that part!!

Old November 29th, 2005, 7:54 pm
Third Year

I thought it was a great movie overall. Like PoA, I think it very successfully stood alone, apart from the books.

Old November 29th, 2005, 8:09 pm
Fourth Year

I loved when Moody was chasing Malfoy around the tree. And am I the only one who found Neville's, "Oh my God, I've killed Harry Potter!" hilariously funny? I loved Neville all the way through. And I liked any bit with Snape in it. (Which unfortunately weren't many.)

"Everything in this room is eatible, even I'm eatible. But that, dear children, is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies."
Old November 29th, 2005, 8:16 pm
Fourth Year

When Neville came home really late from the Yule Ball and said, "I'm just getting in. ME!" That was great....it made me so happy for him! He's so much more mature than Ron and Harry!

Old November 29th, 2005, 8:18 pm
First Year

I gotta say the whole Snape constantly hitting Harry and Ron was one of the highlights of the movie for me. Especially when he rolled up his sleeves, everyone in the theater began laughing.

Old November 29th, 2005, 8:44 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadia
I didn't get that part. Was it sopposed to be funny...?
Well I thought it was pretty cute...all the people who read the book could snickerquietly to themselves and all the people who hadn't could be like 'ahhh' when they found out what was actually in there.

It was pretty clever, I mean, Harry wouldn't have believed him!

Old November 29th, 2005, 8:58 pm
Third Year

I loved that they finally got the films right! I love that they gave Ginny and Neville, as well as F&G more screen time. It's interesting they mentioned the department of mysteries, sort of like a foreshadowing moment to what's going to happen in the next film. Overall, I thought the cinematography was greatly improved, although PoA did a good job on this as well. There was less shrunken head and fat lady humor and more real humor from F&G, which I really liked. Oh, and the acting went up too

Old November 29th, 2005, 9:06 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterFirebolt
I gotta say the whole Snape constantly hitting Harry and Ron was one of the highlights of the movie for me. Especially when he rolled up his sleeves, everyone in the theater began laughing.
You are right. The sleeve thing was sort of funny. So was Hagrid's "wandering hand" at the Yule Ball, and Hagrid stabbing Professor Flitwick with his fork . I also sort of liked the ferret scene.

This is a positive thread, so I'll cast my numerous aspertions about the rest of the movie elsewhere.

Old November 29th, 2005, 9:11 pm
Second Year

Honestly, it was the best movie as of far, actually one of the best movies I have ever seen ever, it was 'Bloody Brilliant', the acting, the music, and the cinematography was top notch, not to mention Viktor Krum was hotter than Cedric Diggory for some reason, lol!

Old November 29th, 2005, 9:17 pm
First Year

omgosh, there were so many things that I enjoyed! It's impossible for me to name only one! All the tasks were amazing (great special effects), as was the lead-up to the Yule Ball. Any moment involving Fred and George was hilarious. And I thought the acting throughout the graveyard scene and immediately after was phenomenal. And I'm sure that there's tons of other positive things I could say, but that would be a long post.

"But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world."
Old November 29th, 2005, 9:18 pm
Fourth Year

The twins were utilized the best in this movie. PoA we started to see more of them, but their parts were perfect in this movie.

Member of the Hogwarts String Orchestra
Old November 29th, 2005, 9:22 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmjay
its good!!

atleast its way better than poa!

isnt it?
I agree. It was loads better than PoA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterFirebolt
If you've ever had a teacher like Snape, you know that the next move after he rolled up his sleeves was knocking Ron and Harry's heads against the desk. Ouch. Really had to laugh cuz I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Old November 29th, 2005, 9:48 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPP
And am I the only one who found Neville's, "Oh my God, I've killed Harry Potter!" hilariously funny?
i also found that funny , not what he said but how he said it , he voice broke into a higher yelp as he said it

and for some reason i laugh uncontrolably at igor karkaroff walking down the great hall with krum , it looks like he's his manager and krum is about to get into the ring and fight somebody

Old November 29th, 2005, 10:05 pm
Fifth Year

I really loved it when Harry's mom told him "You're ready now sweetheart, let go, let go!" It was a very touching and poignant moment.

Old November 29th, 2005, 10:34 pm
First Year

the special effects were awesome... and the graveyard scene and the parts after were excellent and very moving

TWW & HP FTW!!!

the pessimist says...
"everything's terrible, and it can't get any worse!"
the optimist says...
"oh yes it can."
Old November 29th, 2005, 10:42 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfinIsNuts
I loved how Hermione was all flustered after Krum kissed her hand and left her with Harry and Ron. She was so cute!

I loved when fake-Moody said to Harry "I won't even tell you what's in that chest. You wouldn't believe me if I did."

I very much enjoyed the ferret scene.

And Snape hitting Ron and Harry with books was hilarious!
Wow i know what u mean she was really cute then but she was fine throughout the movie so it made no difference to me

Yeah think a good thing was Emma (hermione) was looking fffiiiiinnnne throughout the whole movie and dan (harry) really sold the crying over the horribly atractive to female figures (i.e. hermione) dead body of cedric haha im sorry but i only hate him because i wanted to get that part so bad

Old November 29th, 2005, 10:43 pm
First Year

Its Freaking Great!!!!!!

And That Ain't Sarcasum!!

Old November 29th, 2005, 10:46 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trun0_Jay
i also found that funny , not what he said but how he said it , he voice broke into a higher yelp as he said it

and for some reason i laugh uncontrolably at igor karkaroff walking down the great hall with krum , it looks like he's his manager and krum is about to get into the ring and fight somebody
haha your absolutetly right.
Karkaroff:now remember potter is afraid of snakes so rictusempra should work
Krum: what are you saying im fighting him screw that he's the boy who lived
Karkaroff:well then u big chicken run away to your mommy
Krum:you go fight him
Karkaroff: owwwww my back it hurts looks like i cant do it

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies