Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services

Comments on: Signatures

Old October 24th, 2005, 5:15 pm
TheWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
It's not just my computer, then! I remember getting irritated the first time I used Firefox because my signature didn't work right. I thought it was something wrong with my computer.
Why does the "glow code" only work with Explorer?

Glow, is part of the proprietary filters of Microsoft's Internet Explorer. It'll work in IE only. So you wont be able to see it in any other web browser with different engine to IE.

~ http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:06 pm
Zonko's Employee

I use Safari at home and I can see glowing text with that

Episode 18: Ned is sad to hear CoS is closing

My book blog
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:53 pm
Sixth Year

Isn't Safari a product of Microsoft though?

"Life without a friend is like death without a witness." Spanish proverb
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:53 am
McMugwump Supreme

I'm fairly certain it's an Apple product.

I've never been a fan of "glowing" text, so I can't say I care much about not being able to see it. Makes things easier to read.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old October 29th, 2005, 1:28 am
Student

I wasn't sure whether to ask this here, but I guess I will. I've seen signatures with images in them that change to a different image after a few seconds. How do you do that? I spent nearly 2 hours looking on a site mentioned, and I can't find anything about it.

Old October 29th, 2005, 3:52 am
Second Year

I heard there was a thread where I could post an image I want to use for my signature, but I can't find it anywhere...Could someone let me know where it is? Thanks.

Dumbledore's Girl Through and Through
Harry Potter Survivor | Potterholics Anonymous | Graphics Contest
Old October 29th, 2005, 3:52 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Marie Lexis: That has to do with the image itself - there are certain programs that can produce animated images. There's a long list of free graphics programs here. There are also some that are specifically for making animations, like this one.

H_Granger: it's over here.

Old October 29th, 2005, 3:57 am
Second Year

Thank you very much

Dumbledore's Girl Through and Through
Harry Potter Survivor | Potterholics Anonymous | Graphics Contest
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:55 pm
Student

Thank you, Tarawyn!

Old November 1st, 2005, 4:38 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I hope I'm putting this in the right place...

Could someone tell me why my sig was edited? I didn't get a warning PM and I can't quite figure out what was wrong with it...All it said was "One of the original Horcrux Hunters" and it had a link to a thread on another site where I regularly discuss Harry Potter. It's just a name we gave ourselves on that site because we're just a small group of people discussing HP despite the bashing. Don't tell me it was the name... It wasn't the link was it?

*Mumbles to herself* It couldn't have been...it was just to one thread...and there wasn't anything bad in it. I mean, that site is monitored just as well as this one...

I'd like to let everyone know, though, that I didn't put that link in there thinking it was offensive and I, obviously, didn't know it was...nor do I know now which is why I'm asking. Will this be held against me?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old November 1st, 2005, 4:46 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaysAhead
I hope I'm putting this in the right place...

Could someone tell me why my sig was edited? I didn't get a warning PM and I can't quite figure out what was wrong with it...All it said was "One of the original Horcrux Hunters" and it had a link to a thread on another site where I regularly discuss Harry Potter. It's just a name we gave ourselves on that site because we're just a small group of people discussing HP despite the bashing. Don't tell me it was the name... It wasn't the link was it?

*Mumbles to herself* It couldn't have been...it was just to one thread...and there wasn't anything bad in it. I mean, that site is monitored just as well as this one...

I'd like to let everyone know, though, that I didn't put that link in there thinking it was offensive and I, obviously, didn't know it was...nor do I know now which is why I'm asking. Will this be held against me?
Because of "Horcrux"....do to unfortunate squabbling, there are new guidelines regarding Horcruxes and siggies---which can be found here...
Quote:
If you break the rules, you will get a 1 point warning and that will be your ONLY warning. You will be allowed to continue posting in the Horcrux thread.
Should you break the Horcrux rules again you will be issued 4 warning points and instantly banned, no warning.
Important: Please ensure your signature does not contain any kind of support to one group or mocks in any way an opposing idea relating to the Horcrux threads. This ensures fair play when debating. You are welcome to have your societies off site.
These terms are non-negotiable. If you find you cannot accept them you should avoid the official sticky threads.

Old November 1st, 2005, 4:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Please ensure your signature does not contain any kind of support to one group or mocks in any way an opposing idea relating to the Horcrux threads.

*Reads over the above line several times*

Sooo, I'm guessing I..."supported one group"? Was that what I did? I don't see how though...I'm rather confused...

Where was this? It wasn't with the sig info...*Goes and checks a fourth time* This thread doesn't mention that at all...

I hope this isn't held against me because I don't know where the info is even coming from...I also can't imagine who would be offended by that. What happened?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old November 1st, 2005, 5:05 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaysAhead
Where was this? It wasn't with the sig info...*Goes and checks a fourth time* This thread doesn't mention that at all...

I hope this isn't held against me because I don't know where the info is even coming from...I also can't imagine who would be offended by that. What happened?
It's actually a sticky in the Divination forum...and it's a fairly new development...

I don't think that the mods want "Horcruxes" listed in the signatures (at least for the time being), just to give things time to return to normal...but I'm sure they can answer better than I can.

As for it counting against you, you would have received an official warning if it had.

Old November 1st, 2005, 5:15 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Ah, I don't think I've actually entered into that folder normally for a while. I've gotten into the habit of clicking on threads with new replies through my tracker. I'll have to go in and look but I'd also like a mod reply eventually. It strikes me as odd that something like that blew up...touchy.

Thanks anyways.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old November 1st, 2005, 5:59 am
Mouse

The problem with the Horcrux Raiders was that it made it very off-putting for people who were not members of the group to post in the threads.

Therefore it was decided to eliminate the threads so that everyone would feel comfortable posting in them.

Old November 1st, 2005, 6:35 am
Hogwarts Graduate

What does that mean though? Does that mean we can't put that type of thing in period or does that mean just links/quotes/etc. pertaining to these boards? What I mean is, that link that was deleted was to another board entirely.

Since it isn't a Harry Potter board (It's a board that revolves around the [adult swim] programming block on Cartoon Network that also has a place for general talk.), we're limited to just one thread at a time for HP chat. When it reaches about 5,000 posts (It's usually around there, the mods have decided not to limit that, instead choosing to lock it up when they feel like it.) it's locked up and a new one starts.

We're currently on our fourth thread which is why I put "original" in. After the sixth book came out, we found ourselves locked in a fierce discussion over the Horcruxes and, at some point, someone said "We should all stick 'Horcrux Hunters' in our sigs". We are, in no way, a "club" nor do we have any ways of excluding others (That board doesn't allow PMs and we have no friends list. The only time we see each other is when we all happen to be in the thread at the same time which isn't often.). Actually, anybody who posts in there can stick that in their sig.

I just thought I should explain it in case the mod who deleted it didn't look to see what it was. Either way, I'll keep it out until told otherwise if that ever changes.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old November 1st, 2005, 7:52 am
McMugwump Supreme

No Horcrux cliques at CoS, even if they're off site.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old November 1st, 2005, 2:52 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwidgit
It's actually a sticky in the Divination forum...and it's a fairly new development...

I don't think that the mods want "Horcruxes" listed in the signatures (at least for the time being), just to give things time to return to normal...but I'm sure they can answer better than I can.

As for it counting against you, you would have received an official warning if it had.
Eeek! Thats scary! I haven't been in Div in awhile glad I didn't get mixed up in it...what ever "it" was. I am confused...there are no horcrux related threads around anymore and it was sooo bad you cannot even say "horcrux" in a signature?
I gotta read this!

Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

I always knew I was destined for great things.
Old November 1st, 2005, 6:00 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Thestrals
Eeek! Thats scary! I haven't been in Div in awhile glad I didn't get mixed up in it...what ever "it" was. I am confused...there are no horcrux related threads around anymore and it was sooo bad you cannot even say "horcrux" in a signature?
I gotta read this!
There are still three horcrux threads up in Divination studies (sticky threads), but the discussion should remain there and no one can mention horcruxes in their sigs, at least not while mocking an opponent group or supporting your own.

Old November 1st, 2005, 6:58 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mireille
Isn't Safari a product of Microsoft though?
Apple I think, it's standard on mac computers anyway

Episode 18: Ned is sad to hear CoS is closing

My book blog
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services