Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old August 8th, 2009, 11:28 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

Mike Newell made a commentary for GoF DVD back in 2005 he said, of course such commentary was never heard.
Hopefully they all have been recorded for the ultimate collectors edition.

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2009, 3:51 pm
Professor Emeritus

All the scenes that were cut from the original releases must be restored. I think it is the American TV channel Fox Family that shows the films with all cuts restored. That's the way I want to see all the films.

Cats know your every thought. They don't care, but they know.

He who dislikes a cat was in his former life a rat.

Forum Rules violators will be shredded! Read my claws!

Vocatus atque non Vocatus Deus aderit

§ Cathairetic §
Old August 9th, 2009, 5:52 pm
Third Year

:O How many discs are these things going to be?!?!?! That's like as thick as the Years 1-3 Set! And it has SIX discs in it! I'm quite sure they wouldn't make it THAT thick, because they felt like it. So what do you guys think? Any possibility that these could be bigger than just another 2-Disc set? Gah, i was figuring just a revamped 2-Disc set, but that looks like a 4-Disc Set (Unless it's been photoshopped to be that thick and i just a normal DVD 2-Disc, but i sincerely hope not! If it is a 3- or even 4-Disc set, what all do you guys think it might include?!?! I mean these are the dvd's which had the LEAST features of the series (other than Order of the Pheonix) so if they revamped the first two dvds THAT much, i wonder what the other movies will look like!

"The Boy Who Lived Is Almost Here"

I've Been Sorted and I am a very proud Gryffindor!

Last edited by harry5678; August 9th, 2009 at 5:58 pm.
Old August 9th, 2009, 6:00 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry5678 View Post

:O How many discs are these things going to be?!?!?! That's like as thick as the Years 1-3 Set! And it has SIX discs in it! I'm quite sure they wouldn't make it THAT thick, because they felt like it. So what do you guys think? Any possibility that these could be bigger than just another 2-Disc set? Gah, i was figuring just a revamped 2-Disc set, but that looks like a 4-Disc Set (Unless it's been photoshopped to be that thick and i just a normal DVD 2-Disc, but i sincerely hope not! If it is a 3- or even 4-Disc set, what all do you guys think it might include?!?!
Let's hope it's a 4-Disc set
I don't think they'll add all the deleted scenes in this collection. They'll probably save some scenes and features to a later publication.

Old August 9th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldus View Post
Let's hope it's a 4-Disc set
I don't think they'll add all the deleted scenes in this collection. They'll probably save some scenes and features to a later publication.
Welp maybe perhaps they'll be the extended versions that we see on ABC Family AND they'll have new deleted scenes put on seperately or something, THAT would be cool. Or maybe they have a Theatrical Version of the film, an Extended Version, and some discs of Speical Features.

Old August 9th, 2009, 7:40 pm
Registered Animagus

I really love the packaging for these- it's really well done. I only own the first two films on dvd so I'd probably buy all of these ultimate editions one day- provided they're worth the extra money.

Old August 11th, 2009, 6:11 pm
Second Year

Wow those sets are HUGE! I'm already crossing my fingers that they include the extended cuts (an option between extended and theatrical would be awesome). I guess we won't know until next month......

Old August 11th, 2009, 6:17 pm
First Year

I can't wait for these! The covers look awesome. Apart from the possibility of added interviews I'm hoping one of those many discs include a director's cut. I'd love to see the deleted scenes put back in and maybe some deleted scenes we haven't seen before (like the cut scene of Snape's memory in OotP).

Old August 11th, 2009, 6:22 pm
Third Year

i've decided i'm going to wait until the last DH film is out before splurging, big time, on an Ultimate Collector's Edition of all the movies, and maybe some newer copies of the books (mine are old and tattered). but does anyone know how much the Collector's Editions are going to cost?

Old August 11th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Third Year

I'm glad I didn't spend money on the DVDs. Now I might be able to afford the ultimate film collection.
It looks amazing...and really thick. I'm excited for all the additional material included with a re-mastered version of the movie, right? Whatever is in the collection, I'm dying to have it.

Old August 11th, 2009, 6:43 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaZhu View Post
i've decided i'm going to wait until the last DH film is out before splurging, big time, on an Ultimate Collector's Edition of all the movies, and maybe some newer copies of the books (mine are old and tattered). but does anyone know how much the Collector's Editions are going to cost?
It's gonna cost $50.00 a movie (the pre-order knocks $15 off). And I'm actually tempted to wait as well. I'm hoping for some sort of box set when they all come out.

Old August 13th, 2009, 4:31 am
Third Year

Woo! Guys, Leaky Confirmed that the EXTENDED versions of all the hp movies, are being planned for a DVD release (Weither this is the same edition as on ABC Fmaily isn't known yet) but perhaps they'll be on the Ultimate Collector's Sets!!! Here's the article:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...-more-possible

Old August 13th, 2009, 4:42 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blak_cat View Post
It's gonna cost $50.00 a movie (the pre-order knocks $15 off). And I'm actually tempted to wait as well. I'm hoping for some sort of box set when they all come out.
That's what I'm doing. I bought PS/CoS when they came out, but not the others. I'm thinking once all 8 are out they'll do some amazing box set
Quote:
Woo! Guys, Leaky Confirmed that the EXTENDED versions of all the hp movies, are being planned for a DVD release (Weither this is the same edition as on ABC Fmaily isn't known yet) but perhaps they'll be on the Ultimate Collector's Sets!!! Here's the article:

If those are on the ultimate editions, that'd be enough for me to buy theme. If they really are going to be $50 each, they need to be really outstanding, especially considering you can get OotP for about 15 these days.

Old August 13th, 2009, 5:21 am
Second Year

Quote:

Awesome news! Thanks for the link!

Old August 13th, 2009, 5:22 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
That's what I'm doing. I bought PS/CoS when they came out, but not the others. I'm thinking once all 8 are out they'll do some amazing box set
Don't bet on it. They'll probably do something similar to what was done with the books, that is, releasing them in a cardboard chest.

They better leave out the stupid "Trelawney during the opening feast" deleted scene in OotP if they add the deleted scenes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blak_cat View Post
Where are you getting this $50 figure? The price of the DVD and Blu-Ray editions are $25.99 and $34.99 respectively on Amazon.

Last edited by NumberEight; August 13th, 2009 at 5:25 am.
Old August 13th, 2009, 5:35 am
Registered Animagus

^ I'm staying optimistic. I really think they'll do something interesting with the films.

Old August 13th, 2009, 5:53 am
Third Year

Quote:

Ah, thank you for the link. I hope it's not like the ABC family one, since the additional scenes were just deleted scenes from the DVD added into the movie. Hopefully some brand new spanking footage? I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high though. But I'll definitely be putting it on my Christmas list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
They better leave out the stupid "Trelawney during the opening feast" deleted scene in OotP if they add the deleted scenes in.
I thought it was actually funny...for about the first 30 seconds. Then, it just dragged on and on and I felt very uncomfortable watching 15 minutes of her just eating and acting drunk.

I think maybe the "extended" edition might be a commentary, with a clip of one of the actors saying something about the scene.
I really don't know what to expect, except that it's going to be expensive.

Old August 13th, 2009, 6:37 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
Don't bet on it. They'll probably do something similar to what was done with the books, that is, releasing them in a cardboard chest.

Where are you getting this $50 figure? The price of the DVD and Blu-Ray editions are $25.99 and $34.99 respectively on Amazon.
I LOVED the trelawney scene. i was laughing so hard the entire time, it was brilliant.

Old September 17th, 2009, 9:02 pm
Second Year

New information regarding the Ultimate Collectors Editions: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...secrets-68233/.

Dear Merlin, I'm on top of news today!

Old September 17th, 2009, 9:21 pm
Third Year

I want to see peeves!!!

My wand! Made by Christian Mills (captain_mills) from the Mills Family Wand Company.
Click here to see more pictures.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies