Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The deleted scenes we've never seen...

Old September 29th, 2007, 8:19 pm
Second Year

Re: The OTHER deleted scenes

I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened. That's what it looks like, but this scene wasn't in the movie, obviously. I would sure like to see that scene.
This happened in LotR, also. I saw pictures of a scene with Frodo and Sam looking at something, but it wasn't in the movie, and I thought it would be a scene where they were watching the elves leaving middle earth. Sure enough, it was, and Peter Jackson had it in his extended edition. I wish they would have some extended HP films as well. Although I have seen the films now run on tv with the deleted scenes (the ones on the DVDs) included in their proper places in the films. Too bad commercials are also included.

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2007, 8:39 pm
Second Year

Great thread. I watched the scenes, and they're really interesting.

Taking out stuff like this seems to disrupt continuity in movies- not Harry Potter specifically, but other movies I've seen.

It's a shame that there's so many shots that don't make it into the movies. The waterfall picture that freyasd was talking about sounds really cool, and I wish I could see the scene.

My patronus is a nightingale
Here Lies Dobby, a free elf
In memory of President Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm off to wikipedia!
Old September 29th, 2007, 9:18 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
So far, here is a list of scenes that which were most likely shot, and which no one has seen...

GoF
Priori Incantatem Explanation scene

Why would they want to leave this scene out?
Although when you think about it, for those that don't read Harry Potter would just think and say hmm yhh so that's wizards duel but obviously it's very important for them to understand the whole reason behind it.

"Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione.
"Well, he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."
- PeerlessKid -
Old September 29th, 2007, 10:52 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyasd View Post
I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened.
I remember a picture of that scene, I search for it, but couldn't find it, so thought it was my imagination.

Going to search better...

Waterfall: http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/dis...100&fullsize=1

Waterfall 2:http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/dis...103&fullsize=1

Now:

PS
  • Original entrance to 4 Privet Drive after snake escape
  • Extended scene about troll
  • Peeves
  • Extended Mirror of Erised
  • Extended Flamel discovery
  • The Point Hourglasses scene

CoS
  • Scene with Ginny looking from the balcony in the Gryffindor common room

PoA
  • The Patronus Explanation scene (not sure if filmed)
  • Dracula/bikini scene in DADA (extra boggart?)
  • Scabber’s disappearance scene

GoF
  • Priori Incantatem Explanation scene
  • Waterfall Scene

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 11:44 pm. Reason: list
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:05 pm

Quote:
Now:

PoA
OK, so I read through the script and this is what it is:

PoA: Scabber's disappearance scene96A EXT. SLOPE - DAY

The trio make their way down the slope.

RON
I find it astonishing that someonewho prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial.

HERMIONE
Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat.

RON
Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her.

HARRY
No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now!

RON
Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!

Ron stops, wishes he could take it back. They all wish he could. Avoiding each other's eyes, they turn, continue on.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 5th, 2007 at 4:28 am. Reason: fieldset
Old October 5th, 2007, 4:21 am
First Year

Re: The OTHER deleted scenes (Not on the DVD)

I don't know about that above Scabbers scene. It doesn't really sound like something HRH would say. And in a way I'm kind of glad they cut it.
And why does movie Hermione always say 'Ronald'? It annoys me because I can't ever remember book Hermione saying that apart from the 'You complete arse Ronald Weasley' line in DH.

Old October 5th, 2007, 4:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire angel View Post
I don't know about that above Scabbers scene. It doesn't really sound like something HRH would say. And in a way I'm kind of glad they cut it.
And why does movie Hermione always say 'Ronald'? It annoys me because I can't ever remember book Hermione saying that apart from the 'You complete arse Ronald Weasley' line in DH.
Well read the script, it's there, but I'm glad it was cut too, the second I read it it felt Out of Character

Old November 25th, 2007, 4:45 am

Now that OotP is out we can add what we haven't seen: The full SWM and Bellatrix vs. Sirius

PS
  • Original entrance to 4 Privet Drive after snake escape
  • Extended scene about troll
  • Peeves
  • Extended Mirror of Erised
  • Extended Flamel discovery
  • The Point Hourglasses scene

CoS
  • Scene with Ginny looking from the balcony in the Gryffindor common room

PoA
  • The Patronus Explanation scene (not sure if filmed)
  • Dracula/bikini scene in DADA (extra boggart?)

GoF
  • Priori Incantatem Explanation scene
  • Waterfall Scene

OotP
  • Snape's Worst Memory
  • Bellatrix vs. Sirius

Old November 25th, 2007, 5:29 pm
Third Year

i wonder how much more was shot of the entire DoM sequence

and anyone ealse annoyed that A) they always cut the important explanation scenes and B)proceed NOT to show them on the DVD?

Old November 25th, 2007, 6:28 pm
Second Year

Hey nice calander!

I totally agree : we all know that they have to make a fairly short film, but they could put the extra deleted scenes instead of other weird things... the games for example ...

James & Lily
Hermione & Ron - Luna & Trevor
u2 & Nirvana - Green Day & The White Stripes
The Doctor & Me.

A Little Bit Of Fanart
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live." - Dumbledore PS Film
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:48 pm

I was going through ehat had been confimed as filmed on the movie 5 page on Mugglenet and found these:

Scene - Confirmed by - Date
Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals - Set Report - August 3rd
Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall
with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut - Set Report and photos on set - August 3rd

Old November 28th, 2007, 3:56 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbleISdead View Post
i wonder how much more was shot of the entire DoM sequence

and anyone ealse annoyed that A) they always cut the important explanation scenes and B)proceed NOT to show them on the DVD?
How about c) all of the above. It was frustrating to me and I almost wonder how it will come together for people who havent read the books by the time DH comes out in theaters. My boyfriend was constantly asking me, ok so what happened to this person, or why did he do that? I felt like I should just read him the book and then let him see the adaptation.

Im baaack =]

"I am not afraid, I was born to do this"-Joan of Arc
Old November 28th, 2007, 3:03 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
I was going through ehat had been confimed as filmed on the movie 5 page on Mugglenet and found these:

Scene - Confirmed by - Date
Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals - Set Report - August 3rd
Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall
with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut - Set Report and photos on set - August 3rd
There are also some scenes from the fight at the Ministry of Magic at the end that were cut - extended scenes of the kids running from the Death Eaters and fighting. Those were confirmed to have been filmed by a guy who worked as a stand-in on the movie on the IMdB forums. There were two that stand out - an extended scene with Ron and Hermione where a Death Eater levitated Hermione up and Ron stunned the Death Eater and caught her - and an extended scene with Harry and Ginny around the spot where Ginny used Reducto to blast the shelves. In the extended version, Ginny actually had a line there and said "You're right, it's not like school" and then Harry took her hand and they ran down the aisle. Those don't appear to be in the deleted scenes on the DVD. I was hoping they would be because they sound really good.

Maybe they're planning on releasing a box set extended version when all 7 movies are complete? We can hope.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 17th, 2008, 12:49 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyasd View Post
I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened. That's what it looks like, but this scene wasn't in the movie, obviously. I would sure like to see that scene.
Huh, yeah this is a very interesting scene, I'd like to see this too:

Waterfall Scene:    

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 27th, 2008 at 9:19 am.
Old April 17th, 2008, 1:18 pm
Second Year

Yea, I've always wondered where scenes like this were. All Harry had from Cedric's death were some really bad nightmares(which isn't easy), but we never got to see him grieve. I think this would have fit so well in GoF. Especially after how well they did the scene in the stadium where Harry returns with Cedric's body. The emotion there was amazing, imo. So I'll bet this waterfall scene would have been touching too.

Just a thought.... But with OoTP and Mark Day as editor, how many amazing deleted scenes do you think there are from that film alone?

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old April 17th, 2008, 1:27 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwood View Post
Yea, I've always wondered where scenes like this were. All Harry had from Cedric's death were some really bad nightmares(which isn't easy), but we never got to see him grieve. I think this would have fit so well in GoF. Especially after how well they did the scene in the stadium where Harry returns with Cedric's body. The emotion there was amazing, imo. So I'll bet this waterfall scene would have been touching too.

Just a thought.... But with OoTP and Mark Day as editor, how many amazing deleted scenes do you think there are from that film alone?
Yeah, I agree, I don't know what it is about that scene,

but Harry and Amos Diggery's reaction almost make me tear up everytime I watch it, and I never cry during movies, so that's quite impressive.

About OOTP we know there are these scenes:

- full SWM with Lily
- Sirius vs. Bellatrix duel
- Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut
- Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals

that's all I can think, I know that there are supposed to be some more scenes from the MoM battle as well.

Yates stated that the original cut was OVER 3 hrs. so Mark Day cut about 45 min.

I bet there are A LOT of scenes we never even heard about or caught a glimpse of in behind the scenes footage

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 17th, 2008 at 1:35 pm.
Old April 17th, 2008, 1:34 pm
Second Year

Yea, same here. I've never cried during a movie either, but that scene make me feel the loss and despair of death

But wow, 45 minutes of extras? I'll bet the MoM battle was quite impressive in Yates' mind after all. Day just killed it though. But hopefully Mark Day has learned a thing or two for HBP!

One deleted scene from the whole HP scene I want to see, but i'm not sure if Cuaron filmed this... is the Marauders' backstory. Like the whole thing with the young versions of Remus, James, and Sirius explaining the origination of The Shrieking Shack and the real reason why James and Sirius became animagus. I loved that part of PoA so much, and then absolutely nothing in the film

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old April 17th, 2008, 1:38 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwood View Post
One deleted scene from the whole HP scene I want to see, but i'm not sure if Cuaron filmed this... is the Marauders' backstory. Like the whole thing with the young versions of Remus, James, and Sirius explaining the origination of The Shrieking Shack and the real reason why James and Sirius became animagus. I loved that part of PoA so much, and then absolutely nothing in the film
Well, we do know that Kloves script included this and it was cut by Cuaron, but I don't believe we know if it was ever filmed.

I'm definitely with you on this one, this is my MOST ANTICIPATED deleted scene for when the release the Extended Edition Box Set after DH!

Old April 17th, 2008, 3:29 pm
Banned

Well I blame the producers who after all seem to have the final say and I hope they have the sense to do what Peter Jackson did the the Lord of the Rings series and release an extended version box set for everyone to enjoy. It doesn't matter how long each film is when you watch in the comfort of your own home as you can always pause it so you can go to the toilet or get some food and drink if you want to.

Old January 28th, 2009, 9:18 am

I found something the other day which influenced me to revisit this old thread

The other night I was watching a walkthrough for the final level of the GoF game on youtube (cos I really sucked at that part ) and I became really intrigued by how it ended. It showed an alternate ending basically, which included the Waterfall scene.

As part of Cedric's Funeral, Dumbledore says: "With dark and difficult times comes a choice, between what is right and what is easy. Should you ever waver, remember Cedric Diggory, a boy who was kind and brave and true". Note that the first part of this are similar lines to what is said in the scene where Dumbledore visits Harry in the dormitory, but that scene was added after the test screening, so knowing that "Dark and Difficult Times Lie Ahead" was a tag line, this might have been its original place in the film.

Then it shows the "Waterfall Scene" - but no dialog, sadly.

Then there is a voiceover of another line of Dumbledore's: "No matter how convincingly you tell the story of what happened tonight, few will believe Voldemort has returned. But tell the story you must." I thought this would have been a great line if they kept it, cos it would have helped develop OotP.

So, what are your guy's opinion's on this?

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies