Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Pottercast

Old April 1st, 2013, 7:26 pm
First Year

Pottercast

I know that Pottercast (the podcast put out by the folks at the Leaky Cauldron) isn't a movie or video game, but it is Potter-related entertainment.

So, question for anyone out there...

I've been wanting to download all the past episodes (yes all 250 or so episodes) but iTunes only has the 25 most recent and the links on the Pottercast website don't always work (plus they take a long time).

Does anyone out there know where I can download them all? Perhaps as a zip or just all the episodes at the same time?

I would appreciate it so much! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2013, 7:29 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Re: Pottercast

Here you go: Pottercast

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old April 1st, 2013, 8:06 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Here you go: Pottercast
Yeah, I've seen that they're all up on the site. But like I said, some of the links are broken and it's frustrating trying to get them all into my iTunes when I download them individually. I may have no choice but to do that, but if someone has all of the episode and would like to send them to me or if you know someone where I can just download them in bulk, I would really appreciate it!

Old April 1st, 2013, 8:10 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

If someone knows such a place and it´s legal they can share. Just remember that no private information, like email addresses should be shared in public.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old August 8th, 2014, 2:17 pm
First Year

Wow, it's been a while. I thought they were shutting this thing down, but apparently not…

Anyway, I did get those links. I'm just wondering now if anyone knows what ever happened to Sue. Why did she leave the show and why do I get the impression that they had a falling out? At LeakyCon in Orlando, someone asked Melissa how she was doing and there was a long hesitation before Melissa said, "As far as we know, she's doing fine." And that was the end of that.

So anyone know?

Old August 8th, 2014, 4:23 pm
Snidget of Champions

Her final episode was back in 2009 - #211 (around 1:45), and in it she cited moving on to other things. Who knows if there were deeper politics around the situation, but it seems like she just moved on from Leaky - but not entirely. Over the years, though, it seems that her involvement just petered (just like with participants on these forums).

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old September 7th, 2014, 8:51 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrienie View Post
Wow, it's been a while. I thought they were shutting this thing down, but apparently not…

Anyway, I did get those links. I'm just wondering now if anyone knows what ever happened to Sue. Why did she leave the show and why do I get the impression that they had a falling out? At LeakyCon in Orlando, someone asked Melissa how she was doing and there was a long hesitation before Melissa said, "As far as we know, she's doing fine." And that was the end of that.

So anyone know?
I was an avid listener, and tried to look into the reason she left, but there was never any real mention of it. She was just one day gone. It was an abrupt end for sure.

On Wikipedia it says: "Sue Upton, senior news editor for The Leaky Cauldron (left after episode 211 after Upton resigned from The Leaky Cauldron website duties)" So it seems like she just quit Leaky all together.

From Harry Potter Wikia:
Quote:
Sue Upton was the Senior Editor of The Leaky Cauldron website. She was also a co-host of PotterCast, the official podcast of The Leaky Cauldron. Sue is an avid reader of the series, having joined the Harry Potter online fandom in 2001. However, Sue decided it would be best if she left The Leaky Cauldron website, moving onto other things. She stated she 'still loves Harry Potter and she's not giving up'. She remains in touch with the others on The Leaky Cauldron website.

Old September 16th, 2014, 4:43 pm
Snidget of Champions

Not Pottercast, necessarily, but The Leaky Cauldron has been revived (as has the HP-Lexicon). I usually visited MuggleNet but have found that that site has devolved a bit from its roots. I think Leaky holds on to a bit more of the traditional Harry Potter flair, and I'm glad to see it functional again. I was surprised they let it become so degraded given their involvement with LeakyCon. But it looks like they had largely moved to Leaky News (more of a Hypable-type site), which is now "Geeky News" in keeping with the split of LeakyCon to GeekyCon. I'm glad they are committed to making this distinction between general fandom and Harry Potter fandom, though I concede that sole dedication to the Harry Potter fandom is less successful and rewarding as a business.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread on "the state of the fandom," though given current activity here there may be little interest!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies