Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

N C I S

Old October 25th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Re: N C I S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMotherCrow View Post
Yes! I loved that.

I didn't particularly like the season opener. I'm glad the other episodes have all been at least passing good. Those sweet little family moments are what makes the series for me, though.

Vance as Vance is okay; Vance as Plot Device To Make Things Difficult And Contentious is pretty darned annoying, and not in a good way. He hasn't annoyed me yet this season, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Yep, same here for me .

That's pretty much how I view him at times too . He can be a right pain in the butt. Hopefully he'll keep up that non-annoyingness up this season and the team can have a break .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2011, 7:49 pm
Curse Breaker

Nice to see another CGIS ep. Diane Neal is back on SVU, but I hope she has time in her schedule for at least one more guest spot as Boren on NCIS. I like her much better on this show and I really would like to see Gibbs pursue a social scenario with his redheaded mirror. It has the most potential of anything since the Colonel and the Colonel was my favorite Gibbs interest (by several miles).

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old November 1st, 2011, 10:08 pm

Looking forward to tonight's episode ... hopefully it'll be another good one.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:33 pm
Curse Breaker

It was an interesting episode (borrowing as it did from several caper flicks), but I found the end indescribably depressing. The Double Ex was a pill, and her claiming that Jethro was her Shannon just...how sad for her and for this quiet well-off hubby, the heart attack in waiting. Stupid. She gets no sympathy. Plus, I think she's wrong. Jethro has truly loved three women.

1. Shannon (obviously)
2. Jen Shepherd
3. Col. Hollis Mason--and there's possibility for a fourth, but that's a discussion for another time.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 3:26 pm
Third Year

I loved how the agents kept trying to question both Gibbs and Diane about the extent of their relationship and how neither Gibbs or Diane divulged info.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
It was an interesting episode (borrowing as it did from several caper flicks), but I found the end indescribably depressing. The Double Ex was a pill, and her claiming that Jethro was her Shannon just...how sad for her and for this quiet well-off hubby, the heart attack in waiting. Stupid. She gets no sympathy. Plus, I think she's wrong. Jethro has truly loved three women.

1. Shannon (obviously)
2. Jen Shepherd
3. Col. Hollis Mason--and there's possibility for a fourth, but that's a discussion for another time.

Missed most of the episode though . Darn not getting home on time to see it... oh well .

Old November 11th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Saw this week's episode and was interesting...

More about Gibbs' reluctance to move on from Shannon... and I can't wait for next week's episode... super Gibbs!

I hope he can save that kidnapped woman.

Old November 11th, 2011, 8:05 pm
Third Year

No kidding! I was working on a baby blanket for a friend and got a total of 2 stitches done during this episode. I loved this one.

Old November 12th, 2011, 8:25 pm
Knower of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Saw this week's episode and was interesting...

More about Gibbs' reluctance to move on from Shannon... and I can't wait for next week's episode... super Gibbs!

I hope he can save that kidnapped woman.
It is setting it up though for Burke to help him through and move on, by setting up I mean hitting us all over the head with it

Good episode though, I am very much enjoying season 9. Thirst was another notable episode that enjoyed - a bit left of field, I should have seen the twist coming but I didn't.

Old November 12th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liselle View Post
It is setting it up though for Burke to help him through and move on, by setting up I mean hitting us all over the head with it

Good episode though, I am very much enjoying season 9. Thirst was another notable episode that enjoyed - a bit left of field, I should have seen the twist coming but I didn't.
Yea I noticed that . But isn't she a little too young for him?

And speaking of redheads: Noticed quite a few of them throughout this episode ... is it a new trend?

Same here. They're really batting 1000 so far this season.

Old November 16th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, except Gibbs' backstory was about a redheaded grunt he met in basic who died a Henry Blake death (which didn't really make a lot of sense with the rest of the episode). Also, even if that is Mark's son, I'm not in really impressed by the way he plays young Gibbs. Requiem was their best take on that and it isn't repeatable.

It took me a minute to remember that Diane Neal's CGIS character has the last name Burke. I like her as much as any female character since the Colonel and I think I might end up liking her a lot more than Jen (which sounds ridiculous to most people, but that's where I'm at with it). Let's see what else? Oh yeah, Tony's mortality thing didn't match his fear of kindergarteners (though I liked seeing the chaplain play a somewhat interesting role).

Old November 23rd, 2011, 8:45 pm

Loved this week's episode. Seeing Tony's father again was really worth it. I'm looking forward to the next episode .

Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:48 pm
Third Year

I adored this! I love Tony's dad. ANd it was so good.

LA was awesome too.

Old November 24th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Curse Breaker

It was a good ep, and Senior was entertaining. I didn't see the previews for after break. I hope it turns out well. I have to say this. When this show first spun off of JAG in '03, I didn't take it seriously, and now in its ninth year it has the highest-non reality show ratings on TV. It's stronger than JAG ever was in the ratings and it's more an ensemble show than its predecessor (or really any of the Bellisario shows).

Old November 29th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
It was a good ep, and Senior was entertaining. I didn't see the previews for after break. I hope it turns out well. I have to say this. When this show first spun off of JAG in '03, I didn't take it seriously, and now in its ninth year it has the highest-non reality show ratings on TV. It's stronger than JAG ever was in the ratings and it's more an ensemble show than its predecessor (or really any of the Bellisario shows).
Yep. Same . This week is a rerun, darn it... I'm suffering from NCIS withdrawal .

Awesome . That's good. Any guesses on how long it'll last season wise?

Old November 30th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Curse Breaker

I have no guesses. I know that it's assured of lasting as long as JAG did (10 seasons), but I have no idea how long it will actually last. The biggest fork in the road I can see in the near future is Mark Harmon's decision to return to the role of Gibbs when his contract expires. If I had to pick a most indispensable irreplaceable cast member, it would be him. Don't get me wrong. The cast is full of actors and characters I love and I would hate to see most of them leave, but Gibbs is at the center. Without him, they would lose their strength, even if they weren't completely lost. Losing Abby or Ziva or Ducky or Tony would hurt a lot, but the show would survive, perhaps without being crippled. Losing Gibbs would cripple them.

Old December 1st, 2011, 6:52 am
First Year

Ncis is the best show on TV. That and sons of anarchy

Old December 1st, 2011, 8:50 pm

Anyone see this week's (this Tuesday's) episode before? I don't think I did. It was a pretty good one.

Spoiler: show
But it was sad to see that Ducky's mentor end up having Alzheimer's. So, so heartbreaking .

Best part of the episode was when Mcgee and company took time to make something to help him remember all that he'd done at NCIS .

On a side note: Just how in the heck did Vance get hurt? That one kind of threw me for a loop there ...

Old December 7th, 2011, 4:13 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Anyone see this week's (this Tuesday's) episode before? I don't think I did. It was a pretty good one.

Spoiler: show
But it was sad to see that Ducky's mentor end up having Alzheimer's. So, so heartbreaking .

Best part of the episode was when Mcgee and company took time to make something to help him remember all that he'd done at NCIS .

On a side note: Just how in the heck did Vance get hurt? That one kind of threw me for a loop there ...
its a rerun, I don't know if you saw it or not, the end of last season when david(dad) and vance were in that explosion this was 1 or 2 episodes into the new season.

Old December 8th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Elven View Post
its a rerun, I don't know if you saw it or not, the end of last season when david(dad) and vance were in that explosion this was 1 or 2 episodes into the new season.
Thanks. I don't think I saw it. And thanks for letting me know about the explosion -- I forgot about that one .

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television