Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services

Comments on: CoS Forums

Old May 23rd, 2006, 3:01 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Re: Comments on: CoS Forums

I know. I'm so torn between my current, richly deserved, "Grumpiest Member" and Grand Sorcerer which would be so cool too.

Sometimes dreams do come true
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2006, 3:02 am
Zonko's Employee

Anything is better than Mr. Sycophant . I love being a student. Increases the feeling I get when I come to CoS. *grabs a box of kleenex*

Last edited by 62442al_Man; May 23rd, 2006 at 3:09 am.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 3:41 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I really like the new titles added to people who are over a 7th year. I really like the change, and I can't wait to have a title to my name!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
Old May 23rd, 2006, 4:06 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
I know. I'm so torn between my current, richly deserved, "Grumpiest Member" and Grand Sorcerer which would be so cool too.
How about "Grumpiest Grand Sorcerer"?

When did the new titles go into effect? I feel like I skipped a couple of levels - I went straight from "seventh year" to " Secretkeeper" and any day now I'll be "Supreme Mugwump".

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 4:27 am
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971
When did the new titles go into effect?
Afternoon May 22nd, British Summer Time.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 5:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor D
Afternoon May 22nd, British Summer Time.
Ahh ... I thought it must have been something recent. I like it though - even though I did skip graduation.

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 5:53 am

Quote:
- even though I did skip graduation.
Well, I am stuck with ickle Prefect.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 6:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor D
Well, I am stuck with ickle Prefect.
You're right. I got the better end of the deal.

Well, no - I take that back. You have more power than I do.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 8:39 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
How about "Grumpiest Sorceress"?

If the staff are still fine tuning the new titles, may I suggest that "Experienced Magic User" be changed to "Hogwarts Graduate"? Only for the reason that "Magic User" doesn't seem to sit completely in the HP idea, and it would tie in with Hogwarts graduate being what wizards and witches are after completing their seventh year.

If this text is blue, you're going too fast.

Proud three-time winner of the Flirtiest Member Hogsie!

Last edited by Tiberius; May 23rd, 2006 at 8:45 am.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 9:01 am
Genius Loci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
If the staff are still fine tuning the new titles, may I suggest that "Experienced Magic User" be changed to "Hogwarts Graduate"? Only for the reason that "Magic User" doesn't seem to sit completely in the HP idea, and it would tie in with Hogwarts graduate being what wizards and witches are after completing their seventh year.
We'll see.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 9:18 am
Seventh Year

I used to be pretty proud of my 4th year status but it seems really far down the list now Apart from that the new titles are really cool even if they are a bit out of my reach.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:15 pm

Quote:
I like "Hogwarts Graduate" - good suggestion.

Are the mods going to be given new titles too? Like - instead of "Prefect" - "Auror" or other ministry titles?

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:22 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Do people actually 'graduate' Hogwarts though?

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:42 pm
Genius Loci

Quote:
Are the mods going to be given new titles too? Like - instead of "Prefect" - "Auror" or other ministry titles?
Staff can have whatever titles they would like. Though Auror is not allowed for reasons that will be made clear in a few months.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:44 pm
Mrs Grawp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Though Auror is not allowed for reasons that will be made clear in a few months.
Now I'm curious

But Prefect and Professor is quite ok. To change it would suppose to change all sort of posts around (all the places where it says: Owl a prefect...etc)

A question just occured to me: I just saw that a shipping thread got closed (as it has to be according the rules)
And even if I haven't been here on the shipping wars, I have heard dreadful stories.

But don't you think that now that HBP cleared the most controversal points, that relationship discussions would be possible? (not that I am specially interested, I haven't followed any of the "x and x Where to from here" threads, it's just a comment)

guads random creative moments: Fanart and Fanfiction

Support the True Heroes! Joins Squiddies Army!

BAS DÖSE! More META L than EVER!

Last edited by guad; May 23rd, 2006 at 12:51 pm.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm
Kingsley's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guad
But don't you think that now that HBP cleared the most controversal points, that relationship discussions would be possible?
Unfortunately we see examples every week from other threads across the board that the issue of ships is still very, very tender. But you might want to wait for an official Admin response as well

Part of the Care Bear gang!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 1:48 pm
Grim of the Baskervilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guad
But don't you think that now that HBP cleared the most controversal points, that relationship discussions would be possible?
Heck no! Every single relationship thread we've ever had which discussed Ron, Hermione, and Harry has degenerated into something less than an ideal forum thread. Since the relationships have been pretty much resolved by HBP, it isn't worth the time it takes the staff to police those threads. Therefore, shipping threads are verboten at CoS.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 2:02 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Heck no! Every single relationship thread we've ever had which discussed Ron, Hermione, and Harry has degenerated into something less than an ideal forum thread. Since the relationships have been pretty much resolved by HBP, it isn't worth the time it takes the staff to police those threads. Therefore, shipping threads are verboten at CoS.
Since we're on this topic, is there anyway to view those old love threads? I'm just regretting that I wasn't a more active member before...but anyway, it'd be pretty interesting to read. I can't reach the archives either, for some strange reason.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 2:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Staff can have whatever titles they would like. Though Auror is not allowed for reasons that will be made clear in a few months.
"Auror" just popped into my head. I was mainly thinking of the prefects because I wasn't sure if they picked their titles or not. I kind of figured the admins picked their own titles - some of them are really creative!

guad - that's a good point about stuff having to be changed all over the forum. See - this is why I visit forums and do not run one. Apparently, I would not be good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivelly
Since we're on this topic, is there anyway to view those old love threads? I'm just regretting that I wasn't a more active member before...but anyway, it'd be pretty interesting to read. I can't reach the archives either, for some strange reason.
You can find them in the History of Magic section - I think History of Magic Reference Books. The official title of the thread was "Who will fall in love with whom" but it was also known as the Love Thread. I will warn you though - lots and lots and lots of posts there.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Quote:
guad - that's a good point about stuff having to be changed all over the forum. See - this is why I visit forums and do not run one. Apparently, I would not be good at it.
As long as user name in bold blue = Professor and italicized blue = Prefect there shouldn't be any difficulties.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services