Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services

Kudos and Applause for this site...

Old January 27th, 2007, 2:15 pm
Renegade

Re: Kudos and Applause for this site...

Ali, Kizz, you guys walk... on water!

"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon."

~ President Bill Clinton ~
August 28, 2013
50th Anniversary of "I Have a Dream"

All opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of any political or government body.
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:32 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

To All the Tech Wizards who keep this site running so well ,A heart felt THANK YOU & WELL DONE !!!

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old February 2nd, 2007, 1:03 am
Sirius' Girl

I wanted to say thank you for not keeping a forum where I have to wade through ads and pop-ups to get to the goods. It's the absolute height of what I think responsible family-oriented forums should be. I especially applaud your decision to take the high road, in my opinion, regarding certain all-over-the-place-and-not-family-friendly images that have been aired this week. This is absolutely the right decision -- to not post links to the images, for example -- and I think it speaks to your integrity.

Old February 5th, 2007, 6:44 am
Registered Animagus

I think this thread just proves what a lot of us have known for many years- that CoS is without a doubt the best HP forum on the net

I wish I had as much time to devote to this place as I once did- I remember three years ago when all I would do was be on CoS. I'd be on before work of a morning, I'd be on at work and then I'd spend all night on. I'd never had as much fun as I did here, having crazy conversations about Snape, or planning on making a movie with the John Marsden books or any of the other crazy things we used to talk about.

But as always happens in life, sometimes you have to let things slip away, which is what I've unfortunatly had to do with CoS as my life has changed and evolved. But even through all the changes in my life, I know that CoS will always be the same. The same people will be here. The same debates will rage. The same craziness will continue.

And that is all thanks to the wonderful admins and staff that keep this place going like clockwork- and it's not an easy job, believe me, I know first hand.

*raises glass*

So here's to CoS- one of the very few things in my life that is the same as it was many years ago, and hopefully the thing that will stay the same for many years to come. I know that after DH has been released this place will stay around, more for the fact that we are pretty much a family these days, not an online community.

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend
let's act like it comes naturally

Old February 5th, 2007, 11:06 am
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimagine View Post
I wanted to say thank you for not keeping a forum where I have to wade through ads and pop-ups to get to the goods. It's the absolute height of what I think responsible family-oriented forums should be. I especially applaud your decision to take the high road, in my opinion, regarding certain all-over-the-place-and-not-family-friendly images that have been aired this week. This is absolutely the right decision -- to not post links to the images, for example -- and I think it speaks to your integrity.
Quite right! And I'm especially glad that there are no nasty ads and pop-ups here.

Old February 7th, 2007, 9:15 am
Fifth Year

Yea, I'd rather be here than anywhere else! The time I've spent on this site, is 75% longer than any other site.

Old February 7th, 2007, 9:40 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_magus View Post
I have been galavanting around the site for the last 9 days and I'm really impressed. I now have an outlet for my HP concerns. I'm unfortunately not surrounded in my day-to-day life by HP enthusiasts and this has been quite a find. Just wish I'd discovered this site when I picked up my first HP book.

TTFN,
I'm exactly the same. It's great here. The only problem is that everybody seems to know SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much about HP compared to me and believe me, I've read the books loads of times!

Looks like I'll have to read them all again then

Old February 15th, 2007, 1:14 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_magus View Post
I have been galavanting around the site for the last 9 days and I'm really impressed. I now have an outlet for my HP concerns. I'm unfortunately not surrounded in my day-to-day life by HP enthusiasts and this has been quite a find. Just wish I'd discovered this site when I picked up my first HP book.

TTFN,
I feel just the same way! I discovered this site while bouncing around Mugglnet looking for answers. Now I'm an addict, totally hooked! I like that the site is managed so well. It's not like so many others where people start fighting and being rude to each other. I also like that you give everyone a goal to work towards (hogsmeade, titles, etc.) That makes it a lot more fun. I'll be telling my students about this site (and I'm sure the parents will appreciate the rules and safety.)

Old February 15th, 2007, 1:25 am
Auror Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhermione View Post
(and I'm sure the parents will appreciate the rules and safety.)
That's one of the things that Morgoth and the rest of the staff are very proud of. We want everyone to feel safe and respected here. Thank you.

Old February 15th, 2007, 1:27 am
First Year

I feel the exact same way about this site. I dont know what I did without it. Not very many people around me are into Harry Potter, (though I did get my sister interested; shes now on Prisoner of Azkaban) but here I can discuss things!! And I've learned a ton of theories and have been able to look more deeply into characters and stuff. It's definitely made me a ton more Potter-knowledgable. I'd hate to see where I would be without this site. It would be a much stupider place.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old February 15th, 2007, 4:25 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckers99 View Post
And I've learned a ton of theories and have been able to look more deeply into characters and stuff. It's definitely made me a ton more Potter-knowledgable. I'd hate to see where I would be without this site. It would be a much stupider place.
I also appreciate the in-depth discussions. It's nice to have some affirmation from so many people that HP really is quality literature, not just a kids book. I can read the books now in a totally different way. I think this is also what makes JKR an absolute hero for literacy in this country. My kids are hooked on...books! Websites like this can give them an outlet that makes talking about reading cool, even addictive. I wish I could tell JKR in person that her impact as a writer is immeasurable--I suppose I can't but I can certainly can tell the COS people that theirs is, too.

Old February 15th, 2007, 7:06 am
Snape Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhermione View Post
I also appreciate the in-depth discussions. It's nice to have some affirmation from so many people that HP really is quality literature, not just a kids book. I can read the books now in a totally different way. I think this is also what makes JKR an absolute hero for literacy in this country. My kids are hooked on...books! Websites like this can give them an outlet that makes talking about reading cool, even addictive. I wish I could tell JKR in person that her impact as a writer is immeasurable--I suppose I can't but I can certainly can tell the COS people that theirs is, too.
I agree, I feel like I'm expressing my thanks to Jo by being involved in fandom and helping to build all the mutual excitement. These books are the epitome of what literature ought to be IMO: fun and entertaining, intriguing and creative, simple enough for a child yet complex enough for the most discerning adult

As for CoS, I've been impressed over and over by the staff. There are always people who feel the rules are too tight or too loose, but I think they tread a good middle ground. Being kind rather than crushing to enthusiastic noobs, and yet straightforward with those who overstep the bounds. Other forums I've been a part of have been far less polite and far more 'brutal' in the weighing out of justice. CoS manages to be beautifully organized & efficient ! So enough gushing that's my peace on the matter. Happy V-day!

Old March 20th, 2007, 6:52 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
I agree, I feel like I'm expressing my thanks to Jo by being involved in fandom and helping to build all the mutual excitement. These books are the epitome of what literature ought to be IMO...
My one thought is that more young folks are reading. Not just the 1/4 inch thick books but books that requires hours of inactivity and thought. And, the vocabulary she uses in her books isn't pop jargon necessarily. Even I had to take the dictionary out a time or two and that's what many young folks need to get back into doing. All-in-all, this is one result of the HP series that I feel is invaluable and should be cherished.

TTFN

Old March 20th, 2007, 7:18 pm
Second Year

Love the sight, just getting truely into it.

Great place for the real passions to be let out with people where you know they will be excepted.

"Here you leave today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy" -sign outside of disney <3

Sirius' woman through and through.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 2:16 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Congratulations on 70,000 members...and counting!

Old March 23rd, 2007, 2:29 pm
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
Congratulations on 70,000 members...and counting!
Actually we are still at 64900. Because the statistics appearing on the main page doesn't revise itself with deleted member accounts, thus you see 70000 members.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 2:54 pm
Member of the Order

That still means 70 000 people have registered here, though! Not bad at all!

Old March 23rd, 2007, 4:10 pm
Fifth Year

Is it just me or has the number of registered users increased drastically within the span of a day following Mugglenet's announcement? I've seen the number on the main page increase by 600 atleast today

Old March 23rd, 2007, 5:05 pm
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivelly View Post
Mugglenet's announcement?
That would have helped boost the number of members enrolling.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 5:58 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabel View Post
That still means 70 000 people have registered here, though! Not bad at all!
Thank you Anabel