Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies?

Old October 13th, 2008, 9:09 pm
Sixth Year

Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies?

Yeah, they probably won't, but I would love some sort of made for TV special of them. Like Hagrid explaining all the creatures. Or maybe even Harry and Ron teaching First Years Quidditch for QttA. What are your thoughts?

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”

Last edited by Hes; October 13th, 2008 at 9:28 pm. Reason: title adapted because of auto censor
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2008, 9:35 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies

No, I don't think so, but it would be cool with some sort of documentary about Quidditch and it's history, or about magical beast!

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

—Neil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Old October 13th, 2008, 9:38 pm
Third Year

Re: Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies

I agree that a Documentary would be fascinating.

I think they should get Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood) to Narrarator or Host a documentary on Qudditch through the Ages. Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) would also work well for a Care of Magical Creatures special. That's actually a really good idea that's never occured to me before.

Those books have zero percent chance of becoming a movie.

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:33 pm
Ravenclaw Prefect

I agree, no chance for the books to become movies, because they have no "plot" per se, but a pseudodocumentary on Quidditch hosted by Oliver Wood would be cool beyond extreme! (I love Wood!)

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:39 pm
Seventh Year

I love the idea of a Quidditch documentary, and Hagrid presents Fantastic Beasts would be awesome. I wonder if WB or JK even would be willing to allow this, maybe for Comic Relief given that both books were originally released for Comic Relief. Maybe 5 or 10 years down the line this will be a possibility, it'd work very well!

Tiiiiiime tooo, saaay gooooooodbyeee!
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:50 pm
Qvack...

I don't think so, unless it was to be some form of documentary-esque film. Total mockumentary, in a way, but that's the only way I could see it working. And, come to that, since the books mostly just compile useless information in the most general sense, and we would lose the interesting additions by Ron and Harry and Hermione along the way... I don't think they would otherwise make for decent viewing to be honest. There are some things that are for the hardcore fans, and I think those two are definitely within that category.

THE DUCK.

Old October 13th, 2008, 10:57 pm
Winning Teamster

I think this would make an amazing extra on a super-duper-special DVD edition of all the movies or something. But I can't quite see it working as a stand alone sort of thing for TV.... not least because I would assume that WB would have to produce this in some way, and I am not sure whether they do that sort of thing?

But as an elaborate DVD extra - wow... wouldn't that be amazing? I can't see them doing it, but I wish they did!

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic
Old October 14th, 2008, 1:36 am
Ravenclaw Prefect

Maybe they'll put together something like this for the HP theme park at Universal Studios--y'know, something to show people while they're standing in line for a ride or something. Crowd distraction techniques are always good ideas in that sort of situation.

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Old October 14th, 2008, 1:57 am
First Year

I agree with the person who said that there will not be one because there is no plot and no story line (for those out there who think that there is a difference). It would be like taking an encyclopedia and turning it into a movie. You could get ideas out of them to make a movie or tv show which would be awesome..

Old October 14th, 2008, 2:19 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelda View Post
Maybe they'll put together something like this for the HP theme park at Universal Studios--y'know, something to show people while they're standing in line for a ride or something. Crowd distraction techniques are always good ideas in that sort of situation.
Ooooh!!

Nice idea. *impressed* Me likey, me likey!

That sound waaaay more probably than them becoming a movie. If they had that at the theme park though? That would ROCK!

It would probably be an eight minute mini-documentary or something, with some pictures of stuff and a short interview with Jo.

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa

ø ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...

Old October 14th, 2008, 3:57 am
Fifth Year

Somehow I doubt it.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.
Old October 14th, 2008, 3:59 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
Somehow I doubt it.
Uh, you don't even think it could be a mini carnival movie thinger?

Not that I don't respect your opinion, it's just that I'm kinda surprised...?

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa

ø ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...

Old October 14th, 2008, 7:19 am
Registered Animagus

I can see any kind of tv film, documentary etc being extremely patronising and boring.

Old October 14th, 2008, 8:01 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
I can see any kind of tv film, documentary etc being extremely patronising and boring.
Right, and simply an excuse to stretch the franchise to an extreme.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old October 14th, 2008, 9:16 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

I agree with Klio. As a DVD extra they'd be great fun

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old October 14th, 2008, 10:02 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelda View Post
Then I probably would stand in the line forever! Maybe not forever, but I would probably see it several times if it's good.

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

—Neil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:10 am
Fourth Year

No no, if they did that it would be like flogging a dead horse.
Something really should be left to our imaginations!

Old October 16th, 2008, 12:29 am
Second Year

No, i doubt it. But a Luna expidition movie(extra) would be great!

Last edited by Pigwijon; October 16th, 2008 at 1:41 am.
Old October 16th, 2008, 1:21 am
Qvack...

I do think that as a DVD extra they would be great, but to even stand in a queue and watch them, I can't say I would go along with it, to be honest. I just think they were well worth reading, very well written, but not exactly plot driven or even storyline driven. There's not enough text to make anything of either, IMO. After all, whatever about Quidditch Through the Ages, that has sketch potential. But Fantastic Beasts is an academic book.

Imagine watching your Biology book unfold on screen. I just can't see that working, for the most part, at all, except for the real die hard fans. In other words, I don't think it would pay off.

THE DUCK.

Old October 16th, 2008, 2:33 am
First Year

I don't think so, because if Harry Potter was to come to television it'd be in the form of a series, not so much as a documentary. Because in a way that'd be like the franchise branching out into the "Tv market," and if they were oging to do that, they wouldn't do it with a "documentary," right away anyway.

DVD extra maybe.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies