Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old September 9th, 2007, 2:41 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

This is a thread where you can show how you would have scripted Harry Potter, or will, cause it's bound to be remade. Come and have a go!

Feb 2010 Edit:

Below is a list of all the scripts posted in this thread. There are three categories. Full scripts are completed adaption of one of the books. Uncompleted scripts are scripts that are not yet finished. Partial scripts are scripts of only certain scenes from the books, and the rest of that book has not been scripted.

Some users have posted multiple versions of their scripts, but only the latest is documented below.

SCRIPT LIBRARY
Full scripts:    

ArryGrotterPhilosopher’s Stone
PhrozononeHalf-Blood Prince (1, 2, 3)
Deathly Hallows Part 1 (1, 2)]

Uncompleted Scripts:    

Blast_endedDeathly Hallows Part 1
Half-Blood Prince
(1…)
rocknrollman95Deathly Hallows (1, ...)
KJRiddleDeathly Hallows (1…)
IenjoyAcidPopsHalf-Blood Prince (1, 2
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, …)
Deathly Hallows (1, 2, …)
PhrozononeDeathly Hallows [One-shot] (1, 2, …)
Deathly Hallows Part 2 (1, …)

Original Post:    

So, I've been thinking. Harry Potter will be remade, no doubt about it. So I thought, what would the script be like? It would have to be differrent. So I tried, myself, making a script for PS. It's a VERY early draft (It includes everything) and only covers the first two chapters and abit of the third.

Edit: This is my OLD VERSION and is very lengthy, my new version is posted further below (12)

NB: The Post #6 version of this script,which had the most cuts, has been deleted. What was cut in the script is now in red on this script.

My old Script:    

PS: The Boy Who Lived, The Vanishing Glass
FADE IN:

1 - EXT. LITTLE WHINGING/PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING – 1/11/1981

WIDE HELICOPTER SHOT of the neighbourhood around Privet Drive. TWO OWLS speed past. The CAMERA RUSHES DOWN, DOWN until it is FOLLOWING THE PATHWAY. Suddenly a TABBY CAT is WALKING ALONG WITH THE CAMERA. The camera RISES and TURNS so that 4 PRIVET DRIVE is visible. The cat makes itself comfortable on a BRICK WALL. Another OWL flies past in the background

2 - INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – SECONDS LATER – MORNING – 1/11/1981

CLOSE UP SHOT of an EXTREMELY BORING TIE. Camera zooms out to see the reflection of VERNON DURSLEY, a man in his early 20s, in a MIRROR. He picks up his SUITCASE and walks over to his wife, PETUNIA DURSLEY, also in her early 20s, and his one year old son, DUDLEY DURSLEY. Petunia gives Dudley a BOWL OF CEREAL. Dudley drops it on the floor. Vernon chuckles to himself.

VERNON DURSLEY
Little tyke

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Shan’t!

Petunia suddenly rushes right next to Dudley, so that her face is an inch away from his.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
What did you say?

Pause

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Shan’t!

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Vernon. Vernon! Did you hear that? His first word!

Petunia hugs Dudley.

VERNON DURSLEY
I’d better get to work. I’m expecting a large order of drills today.

Vernon kisses Petunia on the cheek.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Have a good day.

Vernon leaves. Petunia scrunches up her nose as she picks up the bowl of cereal. She walks over to the KITCHEN SINK and dumps it in there. Then she pulls the CURTAIN back from the KITCHEN WINDOW and peers through it.

3 - EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – THE SAME TIME – MORNING – 1/11/1981

As Vernon unlocks the front door of HIS CAR (manually), he notices the tabby cat on the opposite fence. It is reading a MAP. Vernon shakes his head and gets into the car. As he turns his head to reverse he notices the cat is staring at him. He stares back, and then drives off, ignoring the cat.

4 - EXT. SURREY – MINUTES LATER – MORNING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is drumming his fingers on the STEERING WHEEL. The camera shows that the TRAFFIC LIGHT is still red. It now allows for a GROUP OF PEOPLE to be shown below it, wearing CLOAKS. Vernon looks suspicious, nervous and panicked.

5 - INT. GRUNNINGS – MIDDAY – 1/11/1981

Vernon is at work. He is in the middle of yelling at one of the workers.

VERNON DURSLEY
…and next time, don’t misplace the drills, or there won’t be a next time!

GRUNNINGS WORKER 1
Yes, sir

The Grunnings worker nods and walks out of Vernon’s office. Vernon sits in his CHAIR, which doesn’t face the WINDOW. Vernon is incredible pleased with himself. In the window, an OWL flies by. Vernon looks at a photograph of him, Petunia and Dudley. He then checks his watch, and walks out, calling to the nearest person.

VERNON DURSLEY
Going to the bakers, in case anyone wants to know where I am.

6 - EXT. BAKERS/SURREY – SECONDS LATER – MIDDAY - 1/11/1981

Vernon emerges from the BAKERS holding a DOUGHNUT. As he begins to eat it, CLOAKED PEOPLE, different from those he saw earlier, come in his direction. Vernon gets angry. As the cloaked people get closer, Vernon hears some of the conversation.

CLOAKED PERSON 1
The Potters, that’s right, that’s what I heard…

CLOAKED PERSON 2
…yes, their son, Harry…

Vernon stops dead, shocked with fear.

7 - INT. GRUNNINGS – MINUTES LATER – MIDDAY – 1/11/1981

Vernon picks up the PHONE, and then puts it back down. He picks it up again, his finger nearing a button. His finger stays there for a while, but the phone is placed back on the receiver. On the third time, the phone manages its way to his ear. His finger is back, just above the button. The camera shown us it is labelled ‘Home’. There is a knock on the open door.

GRUNNINGS WORKER 2
Mr Dursley?

Vernon quickly looks up to the worker and back to the phone, then shoves the phone back in its original place.

8 - EXT. GRUNNINGS/SURREY – SUNSET – 1/11/1981

Looking flustered, Vernon makes his way to his car. He accidentally bumps into someone.

VERNON DURSLEY
Sorry

The person turns around, it is a cloaked person.

CLOAKED PERSON 3
Don’t be sorry my dear sir, for nothing could upset me today! Rejoice, for You-Know-Who has gone at last! Even Muggles like yourself should be celebrating, this happy, happy day!

The cloaked person hugs Vernon, who is standing there, frozen.

9 - INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is watching the news on the TELEVISION.

TELVESION VOICE (TED)
And finally, bird-watchers everywhere have reported that the nation’s owls have been behaving very unusually today. Although owls normally hunt at night and are hardly seen in daylight, there have been hundreds of sightings of these birds since sunrise. Experts are unable to explain why the owls have suddenly changed their sleeping pattern. Most mysterious. And now, over to Jim McGuffin with the weather. Going to be any more showers of owls to night Jim?

TELEVISION VOICE (JIM MCGUFFIN)
Well Ted, I don’t know about that, but it’s not only the owls that have been acting oddly today. Viewers as far apart as Kent, Yorkshire and Dundee have been phoning in to tell me that instead of the rain I promised yesterday, they’ve had a downpour of shooting stars! Perhaps people have been celebrating Bonfire Night early – it’s not until next week, folks! But I can promise a wet night tonight.

Throughout this Vernon gets more and more terrified. Suddenly Petunia walks in with TWO TEAS and sits down on the COUCH beside him. Still looking at the TV, Vernon says…

VERNON DURSLEY
Er – Petunia, dear – you haven’t heard from your sister lately, have you?

Petunia’s head suddenly snaps towards Vernon’s

PETUNIA DURSLEY
No. Why?

VERNON DURSLEY
Funny stuff on the news. Owls, shooting stars, and there were a lot of funny-looking people in town today…

PETUNIA DURSLEY
So?

VERNON DURSLEY
Well, I thought, maybe, it was something to do with, you know, her lot.

Pause. Petunia sips some tea.

VERNON DURSLEY
Their son, he’d be about Dudley’s age now, wouldn’t he?

PETUNIA DURSLEY
I suppose so.

VERNON DURSLEY
What’s his name again? Howard isn’t it?

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Harry. Nasty, common name, if you ask me.

Camera starts to zoom in on Vernon, which is horribly unsettled

VERNON DURSLEY
Oh, yes. Yes I quite agree

10 - INT. DURSLEYS’ BEDROOM/4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is lying in his BED, deep in thought. Finally shrugs of his thoughts and goes to sleep. The camera PASSES THROUGH THE WINDOW to…

11 - EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE - THE SAME TIME – LATE EVENING – 1-2/11/1981

…the cat which is still sitting on the brick fence. It is stiff and looking in one direction. The camera then shows that the road is deserted. It finally rests on one of the STREET LAMPS. POP. Pause. A different POP. The lamp extinguishes. The camera CUTS BACK to the cat, which is now moving its head. The lamp nearest the brick wall extinguishes with another POP. The camera then CUTS to an elderly man standing in the once deserted street, he is putting away an OBJECT WHICH LOOKS LIKE A CIGARETTE LIGHTER (DELUMINATOR). The man, Albus Dumbledore, speaks to the cat.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall.

The camera turns to see that the cat is transforming into a woman in her late 50s, wearing a cloak.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
How did you know it was me?

Dumbledore sits next to McGonagall on the fence.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, I’ve never seen a cat sit so stiffly.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You’d be stiff if you’d been sitting on a brick wall all day.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
(Angrily) Oh yes, everyone’s celebrating, all right. You’d think they’d be a bit careful, but no – even the Muggles have noticed something’s going on. It was on their news. I heard it. Flocks of owls, shooting stars. Well, they’re not completely stupid. They were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent, I’ll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You can’t blame them. We’ve had had precious little to celebrate for eleven years.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know that, but it’s no reason to lose our heads. People are being downright careless, out on the streets in broad daylight, not even dressed in Muggle clothes, swapping rumours.

McGonagall pauses and looks at Dumbledore as if she wants him to say something.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all. I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It certainly seems so. We have much to be thankful for. Would you care for a sherbet lemon?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A what?

Dumbledore pulls out a packet of SHERBET LEMONS and offers them to McGonagall.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
A sherbet lemon. They’re a kind of Muggle sweet I’m rather fond of.
McGonagall looks at the sherbet lemons, but says…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
No thank you. (Pause)
As I say, even if You-Know-Who has gone…

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, surely a sensible person like yourself can call him by his real name? All this “You-Know-Who” nonsense – for eleven years I have been trying to persuade people to call him by his proper name, Voldemort [Vol-de-more].

McGonagall flinches at this name. Dumbledore is busy getting his sherbet lemons.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It all gets confusing if we keep saying “You-Know-Who” I have never seen any reason to be frightened of saying Voldemort’s [Vol-de-mores] name.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know you haven’t. But you’re different. Everyone knows you’re the only one You-Know…
Dumbledore looks at McGonagall.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
…oh alright, (she lowers her voice) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] (She speaks at normal volume) was frightened of.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You flatter me. Voldemort had powers I will never have.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Only because you’re too, well, noble to use them.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’s lucky it’s dark. I haven’t blushed this much since Madam Pomfrey told me she like my new earmuffs.

Pause.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
The owls are nothing to the rumours that have been flying around. You know what everyone is saying? About why he’s disappeared?

Pause. Dumbledore says nothing.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What they’re saying is that night (Pause) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] turned up in Godric’s Hollow. He went to find the Potters. The rumour is that Lily and James Potter are, are, that they’re dead.

Dumbledore bows his head, McGonagall gasps.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Lily and James, I can’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it, Oh Albus.

Dumbledore pats McGonagall on the shoulder.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I know, I know.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
That’s not all. They’re saying he tried to kill the Potter’s son, Harry. But, he couldn’t. He couldn’t kill that little boy. No one knows why, or how, but they’re saying that when he couldn’t kill Harry Potter, Voldemort’s power somehow broke, and that’s why he’s gone.

Dumbledore nods.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
It’s, it’s true? After all he’s done, all the people he’s killed, he couldn’t kill a little boy? It’s just astounding, of all the things to stop him, but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
We can only guess, we may never know.

Suddenly, Dumbledore takes out a WATCH WITH TWELVE HANDS AND MOVING PLANETS AROUND THE EDGES. The camera gets a CLOSE UP SHOT of this. Dumbledore pockets it.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s late. I suppose it was he who told you I’d be here, by the way?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. And I don’t suppose you’re going to tell me why you’re here of all places?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I’ve come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle. They’re the only family he has left now.
McGonagall is suddenly shocked.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You don’t mean… You can’t mean the people who live here? Dumbledore, you can’t. I’ve been watching them all day. You couldn’t find two people who are less like us. And they’ve got this son. I saw him kicking his mother all the way up the street. Harry Potter come and live here!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’ the best place for him. His aunt and uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he’s older. I’ve written them a letter.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A letter? Really Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter? These people will never understand him! He’ll be famous, a legend, I wouldn’t be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter Day in future. There will be books written about Harry. Every child in our world will know his name!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Exactly. It would be enough to turn any boy’s head. Famous before he can walk and talk! Famous for something he won’t even remember! Can’t you see how much better off he’ll be, growing up away from all that until he is ready to take it?

McGonagall opens her mouth, and then shuts it again.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. Yes, you’re right of course. But how is the boy getting here, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s bringing him.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You think it … wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I would trust Hagrid with my life.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I’m not saying his heart isn’t in the right place but you can’t pretend he’s not careless. He does tend to…

Suddenly, a RUMBLE is heard.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What was that?

McGonagall and Dumbledore get of the brick wall and look down the deserted street. The rumble is getting LOUDER. When McGonagall finishes her search, she looks to Dumbledore, who is looking at the sky. A GIANT MOTORBIKE is landing. On the motorbike is RUBEUS HAGRID, an extremely large man in his early 50s. He gets off, carrying a bundle of blankets.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid. At last. And where did you get that motorbike?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Borrowed it, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Young Sirius Black lent it me. I got him sir.

Hagrid looks down at the blankets. A 1-year-old HARRY POTTER is sleeping inside them. Dumbledore addresses Hagrid.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
No problems, were there?

RUBEUS HAGRID
No, sir – house was almost destroyed, but I got him out all right before the Muggles started swarmin’ around. He fell asleep as we was flyin’ over Bristol.

Dumbledore and McGonagall observe the baby. It has BLACK HAIR and GREEN EYES. On its forehead is a CUT, SHAPED LIKE LIGHTNING.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Is that where…?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Yes. He’ll have that scar forever.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Couldn’t you do something about it, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground. Well – give him here, Hagrid – we’d better get this over with.
Harry is passed from Hagrid to Dumbledore. The three of them turn to face number 4, sadness over all their faces.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Could I – could I say good-bye to him, sir?

Hagrid bends down and gives baby Harry a kiss, then lets out a saddened howl.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Shhh! You’ll wake the Muggles!

RUBEUS HAGRID
S-s-sorry

Hagrid takes out a LARGE SPOTTED HANKERCHIEF and wipes away his tears.

RUBEUS HAGRID
But I c-c-can’t stand it – Lily an’ James dead – an’ poor little Harry off ter live with Muggles…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes, yes, it’s all very sad, but get a grip on yourself, Hagrid, or we’ll be found.

McGonagall pats Hagrid on the arm. Dumbledore makes his way to the FRONT DOOR of number 4 and lays Harry on the DOORMAT. Dumbledore then takes out a LETTER and tucks it in Harry’s blankets. Dumbledore walks back and the three of them stand silently for a while, staring at baby Harry.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Well, that’s that. We’ve no business staying here. We may as well go and join the celebrations.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, I best get this bike away. G’night, Professor McGonagall – Professor Dumbledore, sir.
Still moping up his tears, Hagrid gets back on the bike and departs.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I shall see you soon, I expect, Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall blows her nose in a way of reply. Dumbledore walks back out to road. He pulls out the Deluminator and clicks it once, all the street lights come back to life. He looks back at NUMBER FOUR,PRIVET DRIVE where a tabby cat can now be seen, slowly departing.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Good luck, Harry

Baby Harry turns in his sleep, clutching Dumbledore’s letter

CUT TO DARKNESS. Suddenly a shrill voice is heard.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Up! Get up! Now!

12 - INT. THE CUPBOARD UNDER THE STAIRS - 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 23/6/1991

A 10-YEAR-OLD HARRY POTTER wakes.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Up!

It is heard that Petunia leaves and muddles around in the kitchen. Harry turns on his side. Through Harry’s POV muffled visions of a flying motorbike can be seen in front of the wall. Suddenly, Petunia voice can be heard again.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Are you up yet?

HARRY POTTER
Nearly

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Well, get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And don’t you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddy’s birthday.

Harry groans.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
What did you say?

HARRY POTTER
Nothing, nothing…

13 - INT. THE ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING – 23/6/1991

Harry walks out of his cupboard, brushing a spider of his shoulder. He makes his way to the kitchen.

14A - INT. THE KITCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 23/6/1991

The KITCHEN TABLE is covered with THIRTY-SEVEN PRESENTS. Uncle Vernon (now in his 30s) is sitting at the table, reading the newspaper.

VERNON DURSLEY
Comb your hair!

Harry ignores him and walks over to the FRYING PAN lying on the STOVETOP.

CUT TO:

14B - INT. THE KITCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE – A LITTLE LATER - 23/6/1991

Harry is now serving the BACON to Vernon. Petunia (in her 30s too) and DUDLEY DURSLEY, an obese, blond, 11-year-old, enter. Dudley starts to count the presents, but is displeased.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Thirty-six. That’s two less than last year.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Darling, you haven’t counted Auntie Marge’s present.

She points to the smallest present.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
See, it’s here under this big one from Mummy and Daddy.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
All right, thirty-seven then.

Dudley gets angry. His hands are both on the table. Harry takes his plate to the kitchen and continues to eat there.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
And - And we’ll buy you another two presents while we’re out today. How’s that, popkin? Two more presents. Is that all right?

Dudley looks like he is concentrating really hard.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
So I’ll have thirty … thirty…

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Thirty-nine, sweetums

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Oh. All right then.

And he begins to unwrap his presents. Vernon chuckles.

VERNON DURSLEY
Little tyke wants his money’s worth, just like his father. ‘Atta boy, Dudley!

He ruffles Dudley’s hair, but Dudley isn’t paying attention. He has just unwrapped a REMOTE CONTROL AEROPLANE and has dived for another present. The TELEPHONE suddenly RINGS. Petunia goes to answer it. None of the conversation is heard. Harry just continues eating Dudley rips the wrapping of a cine-camera and a computer game. Petunia came back, both angry and worried.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Bad news, Vernon. Mrs Figg’s broken her leg. She can’t take him.

Petunia jerks her head towards the kitchen, where Harry is still looking after the bacon. Dudley finally looks up, his mouth open in horror; ripping the wrapping he had just been holding as he does so, showing a gold wrist-watch.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Now what?

VERNON DURSLEY
We could phone Marge.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Don’t be silly, Vernon, she hates the boy.

VERNON DURSLEY
What about what’s-her-name, your friend – Yvonne?

PETUNIA DURSLEY
On holiday in Majorca.

HARRY POTTER
You could just leave me here.

Petunia suddenly turns on Harry.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
And come back and find the house in ruins?

HARRY POTTER
I won’t blow up the house.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
I suppose we could take him to the zoo … and leave him in the car…

VERNON DURSLEY
That car’s new, he’s not sitting in it alone…

Suddenly a loud wailing noise is heard. Dudley has begun to fake cry.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Dinky Duddydums, don’t cry, Mummy won’t let him spoil your special day!

And she hugs her son.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
I … don’t … want … him … t-t-to come! He always sp-spoils everything!

Dudley gives Harry a nasty grin through his mother’s arms. Suddenly the doorbell rings. Petunia lets go of Dudley and he stop to cry at once.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Oh, good Lord, they’re here!

She rushes to the front door, and comes back with PIERS POLKISS.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Shall we get going then?

Petunia, Dudley and Piers all motion to go. Vernon stays where Harry is, confused.

VERNON DURSLEY
Well, you’ve nothing to do but come. You’ve managed to get your way. But I’m warning you, I’m warning you now, boy – any funny business, anything at all – and you’ll be in that cupboard from now until Christmas.

HARRY POTTER
I’m not going to do anything, honestly…

But Harry can’t seem to be able to mean the last word. As the sentence completes, the camera zooms in on Harry and a series of flashbacks begin.

14C - INT. A SCHOOL CLASSROOM - MIDDAY

The TEACHER’S WIG is suddenly TURNED BLUE.

14D - INT. THE KITCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE

Petunia tries to force a JUMPER over Harry’s head. It shrinks and shrinks until it is so small it would fit a glove puppet.

14E - EXT. SCHOOL - LUNCHTIME

Dudley, Piers and some other of HIS GANG are chasing Harry. Harry tries to jump behind a BIN, but finds himself on the ROOF.

14F - INT. THE KITCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 23/6/1991

Harry is rather unsettled

15 - INT. / EXT. THE DURSLEY’S CAR – SURREY? – MID-MORNING - 23/6/1991

BRRRMMM. A motorbike overtakes the DURSLEY’S CAR.

VERNON DURSLEY
…roaring along like maniacs, the young hoodlums.

HARRY POTTER
I had a dream about a motorbike. It was flying.

Vernon nearly crashes into the car in front. He turns around in his seat to look at Harry

VERNON DURSLEY
MOTORBIKES DON’T FLY!

Dudley and Piers s******.

HARRY POTTER
I know they don’t. It was only a dream.

16 - EXT. CARPARK/ENTRANCE/ICE-CREAM VAN - THE ZOO – SURREY? – MID-MORNING - 23/6/1991

The Dursley’s car park at the zoo, which is very busy. The group walk up to the entrance, but Petunia is dragged by her son to an ICE-CREAM VAN, which is near by.

VERNON DURSLEY
Er – two large, chocolate sundaes.

Vernon points to Dudley and Piers as he says this.

ICE-CREAM LADY
And what do you want?

The ice-cream lady addresses Harry.

HARRY POTTER
Er…

VERNON DURSLEY
He’ll have…

Vernon looks at the MENU, the most expensive being a large chocolate sundae, the cheapest being a lemon ice-lolly, but Vernon is only interested in the latter.

VERNON DURSLEY
…a lemon ice-lolly.

17 - INT. THE ZOO – SURREY? – MID-MORNING - 23/6/1991

Harry observes a GORRILA while he licks his LEMON ICE-LOLLY. It is scratching its head. Harry turns to see Dudley also starching his head, looking remarkably like the gorilla, except with an addition of a CHOCOLATE SUNDAE.

18 - INT. RESTAURANT - THE ZOO – SURREY? – LUNCHTIME - 23/6/1991

The Dursley’s, Harry and Piers have just been served. Dudley’s meal looks massive compared to Harry’s, yet…

DUDLEY DURSLEY
It’s … too … SMALL!!!

Vernon calls over a waiter, has a quick word, then hands over some money. Seconds later, another waiter comes out with an either larger meal. This sobers Dudley.

VERNON DURSLEY
Harry, you can have this.

And he hands Dudley’s refused meal to Harry, who seems to be the happiest he’s ever been.

19 - INT. REPTILE HOUSE - THE ZOO – SURREY? – AFTERNOON - 23/6/1991

Dudley runs towards the GLASS CAGE of the LARGEST SNAKE, a BOA CONSTRICTOR. It is fast asleep. Dudley presses his nose against the glass, then turns to his father.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Make it move.

Vernon taps on the glass, but the snake doesn’t move.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Do it again.

Vernon taps the glass the glass again, but still nothing happens

DUDLEY DURSLEY
This is boring.

And he moves away, Harry, however, stays looking in on the snake relating to it. Then the snake opens its eyes and slowly raises its head so that it is level with Harry’s. The snake winks. Harry looks around, then back at the snake. The snake jerks his head where the Dursleys are now and rolls his eyes.

HARRY POTTER
It must be really annoying.

The snake nods.

HARRY POTTER
Where do you come from, anyway?

The snake points its tail at the SIGN next to the glass. It reads ‘Boa Constrictor, Brazil.’

HARRY POTTER
Was it nice there?

The snake points again to the sign. Beneath it is a SMALLER SIGN. It reads ‘This specimen was bred in the zoo.’

HARRY POTTER
Oh, I see – so you’ve never been to Brazil?

As the snake shakes its head, a loud shout can be heard from behind…

PIERS POLKISS
DUDLEY! MR DURSLEY! COME AND LOOK AT THIS SNAKE! YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT IT’S DOING!

Dudley rushes up to the snake’s cage.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Out of the way, you.

And he punches Harry in the ribs. Harry falls onto the CONCRETE FLOOR. Piers and Dudley lean right up to the glass then suddenly they become unsteady as the GLASS DISAPPEARS. The snake uncoils itself and slithers out of its cage, onto the floor. People scream and run for the exits. The snake goes past Harry (on the floor) and a voice can be heard…

SNAKE
Brazil, here I come … Thanksss, amigo.

And it slithers out the door; Harry follows it with his eyes, a little confused.

20 - INT. OFFICE - THE ZOO – SURREY? – SOON AFTER - 23/6/1991

The group are sitting in the zoo’s office. The ZOO’S DIRECTOR is handing Petunia tea. Her hand is trembling. A voice comes from the corner.

REPTILE HOUSE KEEPER
But the glass. Where did the glass go?

ZOO DIRECTOR
Will you excuse me?

The two Zoo worker’s leave the office, leaving the group to talk on their own accord. Dudley and Piers seem to have got their confidence back.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Did you see how it nearly bit off by leg? But I shook it off…

PIERS POLKISS
I swear it was trying to squeeze me to death.

Piers suddenly turns on Harry.

PIERS POLKISS
Harry was talking to it, weren’t you, Harry?

Harry is lost for words. Vernon looks at Harry with hatred over his face.

20 - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE AFTERNOON - 23/6/1991

The Dursleys and Harry walk into their house, all a little shaken.

VERNON DURSLEY
Go – cupboard – stay – no meals.

Harry goes into…

21 - INT. THE CUPBOARD UNDER THE STAIRS – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 23/6/1991

…his cupboard, lies in bed, but doesn’t go to sleep. Remembered voices echo in head.

(YOUNG) HARRY POTTER (OV)
How did I get my scar?

PETUNIA DURSLEY (OV)
In the car crash when your parents died. And don’t ask questions

The room is suddenly filled with green light, as though Harry is remembering it.

FADE TO BLACK

CUT TO MONTAGUE OF SCENES:

22A - EXT. BACK GARDEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 12/7/1991

Dudley crashes his REMOTE CONTROL AEROPLANE into the neighbour’s window.

22B - INT. 2 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 12/7/1991

The neighbour looks up, thinking the plane was a bird, and continues to read his NEWSPAPER.

22C - EXT. BACK GARDEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 12/7/1991

Dudley shows no emotion and turns back into the house.

23 - EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – EARLY AFTERNOON - 17/7/1991

Dudley is struggling to ride his RACING BIKE, looks down at the pedals which he can’t manage to push enough, and…

WHAM!

ARABELLA FIGG, on crutches, is knocked over, though not hurt.

24 - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 20/7/1991

Vernon is holding the door to the cupboard under the stairs open, letting, Harry walk out, but there is no happiness on his face. A group of boys are on the staircase watching the scene, they are Dudley, Piers, DENNIS, MALCOLM and GORDON.

HARRY POTTER
What day is it?

VERNON DURSLEY
July 20. But you’d be in here for another five months if I had my way.

HARRY POTTER
So school’s over? And then I’ll be going to…?

He waits for an answer.

VERNON DURSLEY
Well, Dudley’s going to Smeltings, my old school, the finest institute.

Vernon suddenly turns sour.

VERNON DURSLEY
You, on the other hand, are off to Stonewall High.

He speaks the last to words with disgust. Dudley’s gang on the stairs laugh.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
They stuff people’s heads down the toilet the first day at Stonewall. Want to come upstairs and practice?

Harry turns to him coolly

HARRY POTTER
No, thanks. The poor toilet’s never had anything as horrible as your head down it – it might be sick.

And Harry walks out the front door.

So when there is a remake, would this be a contender?

Last edited by ArryGrotter; February 13th, 2010 at 9:23 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2007, 3:18 am
First Year

Re: The next Harry Potter Remake

Well, that's about 20 minutes and not much happens. It includes much more than is needed is occasionally pretty redundant. I haven't read it in a while, but it seems like you mainly just reformatted the book. You should try making some cuts.

I've actually recently been thinking about how I would have done the first movie. Maybe I should write it out.

Old September 9th, 2007, 5:48 am
Second Year

I really liked how you did a zoom out from Vernon's extremely boring tie.

There was a mistake, though. The book said "Dudley learned a new word, 'shan't". I assume this means it was not his first word.

Also, you repeated the sentence "About why he's disappeared?" (McGonagall to Dumbledore)

"Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see."
Old September 9th, 2007, 5:48 am

Yeah, I did.

I added instead of cutting (though I did rework a few things) and I will, a some point go back and cut.

Should I emphisise again this is a VERY, VERY, VERY early draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanSweepSeven View Post
I really liked how you did a zoom out from Vernon's extremely boring tie.

There was a mistake, though. The book said "Dudley learned a new word, 'shan't". I assume this means it was not his first word.

Also, you repeated the sentence "About why he's disappeared?" (McGonagall to Dumbledore)
I liked the tie thing too, my brain amazes me.

Yeah, I thought it would be cooler if Shan't would be Dudley's first word. I also didn't want to make to have him say it while Vernon was at work (as in the book), so added it into the Vernon pecked Petunia on the cheek; Dudley was throwing cereal' scene.

You'll also find that the last scene posted is a mix of references in the book. In the book, that scene is just Dudley telling Harry about the toilets.

And, whoops Sorry!

Old September 9th, 2007, 5:59 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
So, I've been thinking. Harry Potter will be remade, no doubt about it. So I thought, what would the script be like? It would have to be differrent. So I tried, myself, making a script for PS. It's a VERY early draft (It includes everything) and only covers the first two chapters and abit of the third.

So when there is a remake, would this be a contender?
I actually think you open the movie in a much more intriguing way than Columbus. I loved the Uncle Vernon tie shot. You have imagination as a screenwriter.

But: I do think you should cut mercilessly. At some points it seems like you're taking it chapter by chapter. I recommend that you look at the story as a whole and go from there. Also: don't hesitate to deviate from the plot. I think you'll have more fun if you do.

But all in all, good work. It was very well-formatted.

Old September 9th, 2007, 6:00 am

Now fixed (talking about double dialogue.)

I'm not really going to cut it until the first draft is finished, and I posted everything I've done.
---
I decided to do some cuts. I cant be bothered centering, sorry. Edit: Word to the wise: do your centering before you post and not in edit mode.

NB: This is now deleted as I felt we didn't need this twice. What was cut is now red on the Post 1 version
---
OK, here is some extra scenes I just did.

My old script Part II:    

PS: Mrs.Figg's, Dudley's Uniform (The Letter's From No one)25A - EXT. DOORSTEP – MRS FIGG’S HOUSE – MORNING - 23/7/1991

Petunia and Harry are on the doorstep of Mrs Figg’s. She has opened the door to find them there. Vernon and Dudley can be seen in the car in the background.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Do you mind?

ARABELLA FIGG
Not at all.

And without a single look at Harry, she leaves.

25B - INT. MRS FIGG’S HOUSE – MORNING - 23/7/1991

Mrs. Figg ushers Harry in, sits him down on the couch, next to where a cat is sleeping, and changes the channel on the TV.

ARABELLA FIGG
There you go, Harry.

Harry looks at the remote on the table to the television, which now shows a cartoon.

CARTOON VOICE
Wow! I wish I could fly!

MEEEEEOWWW! Mrs Figg has come back, another cat by her heels, carrying a piece of cake.

ARABELLA FIGG
Cake?

Harry takes it, and screws his face with disgust…

26 - INT. LIVING ROOM – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – EVENING - 23/7/1991

…and as the camera zooms out, we find he is disgusted at the Dursley’s as they are proud of their son in his NEW UNIFORM: A MAROON TAILCOAT, AN ORANGE KNICKERBOCKER AND A FLAT STRAW HAT. Dudley is also carrying a KNOBBLY STICK.

VERNON DURSLEY
Proudest moment of my life.

Petunia bursts into tears of joy.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Can’t believe – it’s my Ickle my Ickle Dudleykins! So handsome and grown-up.

It turns back to Dudley. It looks like the uniform is about to burst open with the amount of weight he has. Harry looks like he is about to laugh.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:01 pm. Reason: Expand, fieldset
Old September 11th, 2007, 6:24 am

Here's the next part

My old script Part III:    

PS: The Letter's from No One27A - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

As Harry opens the door to come in, he screws up his nose and walks over to the sink, where Petunia is DYING CLOTHES GREY.

HARRY POTTER
What’s this?

Petunia turns on Harry, lips tightened, but answers.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Your new school uniform.

Harry looks uncertainly in the bowl

HARRY POTTER
Oh, I didn’t realize it had to be so wet.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Don’t be stupid. I’m dyeing some of Dudley’s old things grey for you. It’ll look just like everyone else’s when I’ve finished.

Harry looks at the clothes on the grey water. The camera ZOOMS IN to this.

27B - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Harry is now eating A SINGLE PIECE OF TOAST at the KITCHEN TABLE. Dudley and Uncle Vernon come in with wrinkled noses. Vernon is carrying the newspaper. He unfolds it and begins to read it when he is seated. Dudley is carrying his SMELTINGS STICK. He places this next to the large serving of BACON AND EGGS he was just given by Petunia. She places Vernon’s on the table, and as she is just about to return to the kitchen, the NOISE OF LETTERS DELIVERED is heard. Petunia stops dead for a slight moment, then continues back to the kitchen.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get the mail, Dudley.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Make Harry get it.

Vernon takes down the newspaper and notices for the first time that Harry is in the room.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get the mail, Harry.

HARRY POTTER
Make Dudley get it.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley.

And Dudley, happy for an excuse to use it, reaches for his Smeltings stick, while shovelling food in with his other hand. He turns around and finds Harry has already gone past.

28 - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Harry walks to the pile of letters lying on the MAT glumly. He picks them up and they are shown to the audience: A POSTCARD SHOWING ISLE OF WIGHT AND A FAT WOMAN, AUNT MARGE, WHO LOOKS LIKE VERNON; A BILL; and A LETTER OF YELLOW PARCHMENT WITH THE WORDS: Mr H. Potter, The Cupboard under the Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey WRITTEN ON IN GREEN INK. Harry stares at the letter, it is unbelievable. He turns it over to see A COAT OF ARMS FORMED BY A LION, EAGLE, BADGER AND SNAKE AROUND AN ‘H’ ON A PURPLE WAX SEAL. Then…

VERNON DURSLEY (OV)
Hurry up, boy! What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?

Vernon chuckles at his own joke. Harry is out of his trance and motions towards the door.

28 - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Harry walks back in, still staring at his letter. It is separate to the bill and postcard now and he hands this to Vernon, who is still behind the newspaper.

VERNON DURSLEY
Marge’s ill. (speaking to Petunia) Ate a funny whelk…
But he is cut off by Dudley.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Dad! Dad, Harry’s got something!

Harry is shown to be just about to be unfolding the LETTER inside, but it is forced away my Vernon.

HARRY POTTER
That’s MINE!

He tries to snatch it back.

VERNON DURSLEY
Who’d be writing to you?

Petunia looks at Harry and the letter, looking as though she thinks she knows this answer, but at the same time doesn’t want to know the answer. Vernon opens the letter and on first glance is frozen, and terrified.

VERNON DURSLEY
P-P-Petunia!

Dudley reaches this time. Harry just looks confused. Petunia, thinking she knows what it is, takes it from Vernon. She reads it for about 2 seconds and when she finishes, she looks as though she is about to faint, but chokes a few words.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Vernon! Oh my goodness – Vernon!

They stare at each other. Dudley gives Vernon a hit on the head with his Smeltings stick for being ignored.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
I want to read that letter!

HARRY POTTER
I want to read it, as it’s mine.

VERNON DURSLEY
Get out, both of you

He stuffs the letter in his pocket. Neither move.

HARRY POTTER
I WANT MY LETTER!

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Let me see it!

VERNON DURSLEY
OUT!

Vernon chucks them out of the room.

29A - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – CONTINUING - 24/7/1991

Vernon slams the door in their faces. Harry and Dudley have a silent fight over the keyhole, Dudley ends up barging Harry so that he lands on the BOTTOM STEP, which SQUEAKS, but Dudley does not care, he is already listening through the keyhole, though looking bored.

29B - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Petunia has heard the squeak through the door and seems to be more scared at this, possibly disgusted. He looks down at the envelope that she is now holding, and addresses Vernon.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Vernon, look at the address – how could they possibly know where he sleeps? You don’t think they’re watching the house?

VERNON DURSLEY
Watching – spying – might be following us.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
But what should we do, Vernon? Should we write back? Tell them we don’t want…

29C - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Harry is lying on his stomach listening through the crack under the kitchen door. The light shifts around in the crack, and a shot shows feet pacing.

29D - INT. KITCHEN – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

Vernon stops pacing

VERNON DURSLEY
No. No, we’ll ignore it. If they don’t get an answer … yes, that’s best … we won’t do anything…

PETUNIA DURSLEY
But…

29E - INT. ENTRANCE – 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING - 24/7/1991

The camera zooms into a confused Harry.

VERNON DURSLEY (OV)
I’m not having one in the house, Petunia! Didn’t we swear when we took him in we’d stamp out that dangerous nonsense?

OK I had real trouble with the letter scene because I built up Petunia's charcter, but then when it came to her reaction to the letter it didn't fit. I left the stuff I added in there I hope it works, but I'm not sure.
---
Scene 26 and 27A are cut now, just so you know

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:02 pm. Reason: Expand, fieldset
Old September 11th, 2007, 8:50 am
Fifth Year

Don't know, but I hope I've passed through the veil, before they do!

Old September 16th, 2007, 11:14 pm
Third Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

Wow I never really thought about a Remake of the movie before, but I Guess it would be a long time before it does though, say...2030/2040?
I don't have my book with me as a reference right now, but I will definately make a script, so expect one later.

Old September 17th, 2007, 6:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Blood26 View Post
Wow I never really thought about a Remake of the movie before, but I Guess it would be a long time before it does though, say...2030/2040?
And I'll be the perfect age to write/direct etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Blood26 View Post
I don't have my book with me as a reference right now, but I will definately make a script, so expect one later.
Great! Can't wait to see it!

On a side note I cut Mrs Figg's scene in PS.
I wrote a draft of a scene to pout in OotP to cover it up.

OotP: Dudley DementedHarry sees someone walk out of their house. He shoves his wand in his back pocket. When level with the person, he realises it is Mrs Figg.

ARABELLA FIGG
Harry! I haven’t seen you in ages. I should phone Petunia and see if she needs me to look after you.

HARRY POTTER
Yeah. Er – Thanks Mrs Figg

I have a new rule: Not introduce anything that isn't explained my the end of the film.
Of course I won't pull everything out of PS,CoS,PoA,GoF,OotP and HBP and shove them in DH. It is only for the minor things.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:15 pm. Reason: fieldset
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:17 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Ooh thanks whoever did that!
You're welcome.

Old September 27th, 2007, 6:38 am

It took me a while to find this thread, I hope people are reading it.

Well I am not so happy with my original script, so I decided to start again...

NEW SCRIPT - PS: Whisphers (The Boy Who Lived)
1 – EXT. GREY CLOUDS

GREY CLOUDS form, and a LOUD, HOARSE, HARSH voice is heard:

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord…

But the voice is CUT OFF with another voice, HIGH and COLD, and a GREEN LIGHT FILLS THE SCREEN.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
…approaches.

And as the CLOUDS RETURN, the TITLE ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ FILLS THE SCREEN.

THE CLOUDS PART and a SIMPLE SUBURBAN HOUSE can be seen, baked on by the BRIGHT SUN. A CAT walks INTO FRAME and sits on the house’s BRICK FENCE. The title FADES leaving a shot of the house…

2 - INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING – 1/11/1981

…which CUTS to a CLOSE UP SHOT of an EXTREMELY BORING TIE. The camera ZOOMS OUT to see the REFLECTION of VERNON DURSLEY, a man in his EARLY 20S, in the KITCHEN MIRROR. The MIRRORED VERSION of Vernon smiles to himself. He picks up his SUITCASE and walks over to his wife, PETUNIA DURSLEY, also in her EARLY 20S. The KISS ON THE CHECK he gives her is VIEWED THROUGH THE MIRROR. Petunia notices the mirror and looks at herself and Vernon through it smiling.

A CLATTER and a SPLATTER…

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Shan’t!

1-YEAR-OLD DUDLEY DURSLEY has dropped his BOWL OF CEREAL in protest. Petunia rushes over to help and the CAMERA FLIES OUT of the room, past the cat still sitting on the brick wall, watch Vernon get into his CAR, past the many OWLS now circulating the sky…

3 - EXT/INT. SURREY – MORNING – 1/11/1981

…and to the odd people DRESSED IN CLOAKS…

CLOAKED PERSON 1
The Potters, that’s right, that’s what I heard…

CLOAKED PERSON 2
…yes, their son, Harry…

…who MOVE to show Vernon in his car, WINDOWS DOWN, face covered with DREAD, SHOCK and FEAR. He suddenly realises the LIGHTS ARE GREEN, that there is A LARGE GAP IN FRONT OF HIM and that PEOPLE ARE BEEPING THEIR HORNS AT HIM, and continue to drive.

And I thought that was short! I didn't realise how long it was.

Going to delete...something.
---
Have deleted the seemingly useless 'cut script' and have put what was cut in red in the 'uncut' script. But still, I can hardly see that slidy thing on the side of the page.
---
And my 'script outline', it doesn't serve any purpose.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:07 pm. Reason: Fieldset
Old September 30th, 2007, 1:36 am

The next part of my new script, maybe I should put it in one post and delete the previous post, or just say go to post _

PS: News (The Boy Who Lived)
CUTS TO:
4 – INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon walks into the KITCHEN. Petunia is busy making DINNER.

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Evening.

Vernon replies, not with Petunia’s PLEASANT tones, but quite EMPTY.

VERNON DURSLEY
Evening.

A voice FADES IN.

TELEVISION – TED (OV)
…and now, over to Jim McGuffin with the weather. Going to be any more showers of owls to night Jim?

The TELEVISION has got Vernon’s attention. Its SCREEN fills the screen.

TELEVISION – JIM MCGUFFIN
It’s not only the owls that have been acting oddly today. Viewers as far apart as Kent, Yorkshire and Dundee have been phoning in to tell me they’ve had a downpour of shooting stars! Perhaps people have been celebrating Bonfire Night early – it’s not until next week, folks!

Finally, he decides to talk to Petunia

VERNON DURSLEY
Er…Petunia.

Petunia doesn’t look up, but replies

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Yes?

VERNON DURSLEY
You haven’t heard from you’re your sister lately?

Petunia STOPS EVERTHING SHE IS DOING and replies RUDELY

PETUNIA DURSLEY
No. Why?

VERNON DURSLEY
Funny stuff on the news. (He motions his hand towards it) Owls, shooting stars, and there were a lot of funny-looking people in town today. I thought, maybe, it was something to do with, you know, her lot.

Petunia sniffs, IN A WAY OF A REPLY, and continues to prepare dinner. Vernon looks A LITTLE SCARED to say his next sentence.

VERNON DURSLEY
There son, about Dudley’s age, wouldn’t he be, what’s his name again? Howard, isn’t it

PETUNIA DURSLEY
(Still making dinner) Harry, nasty common name isn’t it?

Camera starts to ZOOM IN on Vernon, which is horribly UNSETTLED

VERNON DURSLEY
Yes I quite agree.

5 – INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – LATE EVENING – 1/11/1981

Vernon is lying in his BED, deep in thought. He shrugs of his thoughts and goes to sleep. The camera PASSES THROUGH THE WINDOW to…

What a cliffhanger!

--
I've changed Scene 1 (The Prologue) slightly:

PS: Prologue1 – EXT. HALL OF PROPHECY (+ Misc.)

A GLASS ORB is ZOOMED IN on. INSIDE THE ORB, GREY CLOUDS form, and a LOUD, HOARSE, HARSH voice is heard:

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord…

But the voice is CUT OFF with another voice, HIGH and COLD, and a GREEN LIGHT FILLS THE SCREEN.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
…approaches…

And as the CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN AGAIN, the TITLE ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ FILLS THE SCREEN.

THE CLOUDS DISSAPEAR and a SIMPLE SUBURBAN HOUSE can be seen, baked on by the BRIGHT SUN. A CAT walks INTO FRAME and sits on the house’s BRICK FENCE. The title FADES leaving a shot of the house…

---
I don't know what to do for the next scene, what to keep, what to leave out.

Last time I did the whole scene, even the sherbet lemons, and I don't know what should go... (Edit: The sherbet lemons were cut)

This is my old scene (cuts in red) it's really long, something has to go...

The old arrival scene:    

OLD SCRIPT - PS: Night time arrival (The Boy Who Lived)EXT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE - LATE EVENING – 1-2/11/1981

…the cat which is still sitting on the brick fence. It is stiff and looking in one direction. The camera then shows that the road is deserted. It finally rests on one of the STREET LAMPS. POP. Pause. A different POP. The lamp extinguishes. The camera CUTS BACK to the cat, which is now moving its head. The lamp nearest the brick wall extinguishes with another POP. The camera then CUTS to an elderly man standing in the once deserted street, he is putting away an OBJECT WHICH LOOKS LIKE A CIGARETTE LIGHTER (DELUMINATOR). The man, Albus Dumbledore, speaks to the cat.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall.

The camera turns to see that the cat is transforming into a woman in her late 50s, wearing a cloak.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
How did you know it was me?

Dumbledore sits next to McGonagall on the fence.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, I’ve never seen a cat sit so stiffly.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You’d be stiff if you’d been sitting on a brick wall all day.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
(Angrily) Oh yes, everyone’s celebrating, all right. Even the Muggles have noticed something’s going on. I heard it on their news. Flocks of owls, shooting stars. Well, they were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent, I’ll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You can’t blame them. We’ve had had precious little to celebrate for eleven years.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know that, but it’s no reason to lose our heads. People are being downright careless, out on the streets in broad daylight, not even dressed in Muggle clothes, swapping rumours.

McGonagall pauses and looks at Dumbledore as if she wants him to say something.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all. I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It certainly seems so. We have much to be thankful for. Would you care for a sherbet lemon?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A what?

Dumbledore pulls out a packet of SHERBET LEMONS and offers them to McGonagall.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
A sherbet lemon. They’re a kind of Muggle sweet I’m rather fond of.

McGonagall looks at the sherbet lemons, but says…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
No thank you. (Pause) As I say, even if You-Know-Who has gone…

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
My dear Professor, surely a sensible person like yourself can call him by his real name? All this “You-Know-Who” nonsense – for eleven years I have been trying to persuade people to call him by his proper name, Voldemort [Vol-de-more].

McGonagall flinches at this name. Dumbledore is busy getting his sherbet lemons; It is unnoticed by Dumbledore.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It all gets confusing if we keep saying “You-Know-Who” I have never seen any reason to be frightened of saying Voldemort’s [Vol-de-mores] name.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I know you haven’t. But you’re different. Everyone knows you’re the only one You-Know…

Dumbledore looks at McGonagall.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
…oh alright, (she lowers her voice) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] (She speaks at normal volume) was frightened of.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
You flatter me. Voldemort had powers I will never have.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Only because you’re too, well, noble to use them.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’s lucky it’s dark. I haven’t blushed this much since Madam Pomfrey told me she like my new earmuffs.

Pause.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
The owls are nothing to the rumours that have been flying around. You know what everyone is saying? About why he’s disappeared?

Pause. Dumbledore says nothing.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What they’re saying is that night (Pause) Voldemort [Vol-de-more] turned up in Godric’s Hollow. He went to find the Potters. The rumour is that Lily and James Potter are, are, that they’re dead.

Dumbledore bows his head, McGonagall gasps.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Lily and James, I can’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it, Oh Albus.

Dumbledore pats McGonagall on the shoulder.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I know, I know.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
That’s not all. They’re saying he tried to kill the Potter’s son, Harry. But, he couldn’t. He couldn’t kill that little boy. No one knows why, or how, but they’re saying that when he couldn’t kill Harry Potter, Voldemort’s power somehow broke, and that’s why he’s gone.

Dumbledore nods.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
It’s, it’s true? After all he’s done, all the people he’s killed, he couldn’t kill a little boy? It’s just astounding, of all the things to stop him, but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
We can only guess, we may never know.

Suddenly, Dumbledore takes out a WATCH WITH TWELVE HANDS AND MOVING PLANETS AROUND THE EDGES. The camera gets a CLOSE UP SHOT of this. Dumbledore pockets it.

Pause.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s late. I suppose it was he who told you I’d be here, by the way?

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. And I don’t suppose you’re going to tell me why you’re here of all places?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I’ve come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle. They’re the only family he has left now.

McGonagall is suddenly shocked.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You don’t mean… You can’t mean the people who live here? Dumbledore, you can’t. I’ve been watching them all day. You couldn’t find two people who are less like us. And they’ve got this son. I saw him kicking his mother all the way up the street. Harry Potter come and live here!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
It’ the best place for him. His aunt and uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he’s older. I’ve written them a letter.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
A letter? Really Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter? These people will never understand him! He’ll be famous, a legend, I wouldn’t be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter Day in future. There will be books written about Harry. Every child in our world will know his name!

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Exactly. It would be enough to turn any boy’s head. Famous before he can walk and talk! Famous for something he won’t even remember! Can’t you see how much better off he’ll be, growing up away from all that until he is ready to take it?

McGonagall opens her mouth, and then shuts it again.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes. Yes, you’re right of course. But how is the boy getting here, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid’s bringing him.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
You think it … wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I would trust Hagrid with my life.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
I’m not saying his heart isn’t in the right place but you can’t pretend he’s not careless. He does tend to…

Suddenly, a RUMBLE is heard.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What was that?

McGonagall and Dumbledore get of the brick wall and look down the deserted street. The rumble is getting LOUDER. When McGonagall finishes her search, she looks to Dumbledore, who is looking at the sky. A GIANT MOTORBIKE is landing. On the motorbike is RUBEUS HAGRID, an extremely large man in his early 50s. He gets off, carrying a bundle of blankets.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Hagrid. At last. And where did you get that motorbike?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Borrowed it, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Young Sirius Black lent it me. I got him sir.

Hagrid looks down at the blankets. A 1-year-old HARRY POTTER is sleeping inside them. Dumbledore addresses Hagrid.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
No problems, were there?

RUBEUS HAGRID
No, sir – house was almost destroyed, but I got him out all right before the Muggles started swarmin’ around. He fell asleep as we was flyin’ over Bristol.

Dumbledore and McGonagall observe the baby. It has BLACK HAIR and GREEN EYES. On its forehead is a CUT, SHAPED LIKE LIGHTNING.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Is that where…?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Yes. He’ll have that scar forever.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Couldn’t you do something about it, Dumbledore?

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground. Well – give him here, Hagrid – we’d better get this over with.

Harry is passed from Hagrid to Dumbledore. The three of them turn to face number 4, sadness over all their faces.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Could I – could I say good-bye to him, sir?

Hagrid bends down and gives baby Harry a kiss, then lets out a saddened howl.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Shhh! You’ll wake the Muggles!

RUBEUS HAGRID
S-s-sorry

Hagrid takes out a LARGE SPOTTED HANKERCHIEF and wipes away his tears.

RUBEUS HAGRID
But I c-c-can’t stand it – Lily an’ James dead – an’ poor little Harry off ter live with Muggles…

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
Yes, yes, it’s all very sad, but get a grip on yourself, Hagrid, or we’ll be found.

McGonagall pats Hagrid on the arm. Dumbledore makes his way to the FRONT DOOR of number 4 and lays Harry on the DOORMAT. Dumbledore then takes out a LETTER and tucks it in Harry’s blankets. Dumbledore walks back and the three of them stand silently for a while, staring at baby Harry.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Well, that’s that. We’ve no business staying here. We may as well go and join the celebrations.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, I best get this bike away. G’night, Professor McGonagall – Professor Dumbledore, sir.

Still moping up his tears, Hagrid gets back on the bike and departs.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
I shall see you soon, I expect, Professor McGonagall.

McGonagall blows her nose in a way of reply. Dumbledore walks back out to road. He pulls out the Deluminator and clicks it once, all the street lights come back to life. He looks back at NUMBER FOUR,PRIVET DRIVE where a tabby cat can now be seen, slowly departing.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Good luck, Harry

Baby Harry turns in his sleep, clutching Dumbledore’s letter

I need help

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:25 pm. Reason: Expand, fieldset
Old September 30th, 2007, 4:55 am
Second Year

I think this is when people realize what Steve Kloves and Michael Goldenberg had to go through. It's no easy task translating a book into a film but you're doing pretty good, ArryGrotter. You just need some more editing.

Old September 30th, 2007, 7:09 am
First Year

I wrote this a couple weeks ago. I worked on it for about an hour and couldn't believe that it took so long just to write like a minute and half of a movie, so I gave up. I don't like it nearly as much now as much as I did when writing, but I thought I'd post it anyway, since it took so long. It might be a little violent, by the way.

Quote:
EXT. GODRIC'S HOLLOW - NIGHT

A large house stands on a small hill, all windows dark, except for
one upstairs bedroom dimly lit by candle. A handsome man appears from
nowhere on the street below. Dramatically, he throws his arms into the air.
The house is now on fire.

INT. HOUSE - MOMENTS LATER

A man and woman in bed. The man sleeping, the woman leaning up and shaking
him.

LILY
James, wake up. He's found us.

EXT. GODRIC'S HOLLOW

The man walks the path up to the house.

Lily and James draw their wands as they leave their bedroom and come into
a hallway burning with tall flames.

JAMES
Get the baby. Both of you get out of here.

LILY
James...

JAMES
Protect Harry.

James comes down the last few steps of the staircase and enters the living
room. He can barely be seen through the smoke and the flames. The front
door blows open. Voldemort walks in. James raises his wand.

JAMES
Expelliarmus!

Voldemort seems to swat the spell away with his hand. James drops his wand
and clutches his arm, letting out a scream of pain. Voldemort lifts his
wand and raises James into the air. He pins him against a wall. Fire burns
below James' feet. He kicks his legs violently, trying to break loose.
Flames begin to grow underneath him. He panics. Shakes harder. The fire is
nearing his toes. Any second...

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

James falls lifeless into the flames. His body rolls towards Voldemort. His
outstreched arm falls onto Voldemort's foot. Voldemort casually kicks the arm
away, and steps over James' body. He walks directly through the fire unharmed
as he makes his way upstairs.

Old September 30th, 2007, 7:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Shoes View Post
I wrote this a couple weeks ago. I worked on it for about an hour and couldn't believe that it took so long just to write like a minute and half of a movie, so I gave up. I don't like it nearly as much now as much as I did when writing, but I thought I'd post it anyway, since it took so long. It might be a little violent, by the way.
I haven't read it properly yet, but is it non-canon? I mean to say is it not based on the DH's flashback (the house was never on fire, for one)

Old September 30th, 2007, 2:58 pm
First Year

It is non-canon. I just think the fire would be visually striking. I don't really remember what happened in the book. I probably contradicted something important, didn't I?

Old September 30th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Sixth Year

I really like your script, keep up the good work!

I also think it is an excellent idea for fans to write their own versions of a movie script.

When I get time I'm going to script PoA, because I think that film definitely needs remaking!

~ Eric Northman ~

Because real vampires don't sparkle.

Old September 30th, 2007, 7:20 pm
Fourth Year

Okay so I was asked to contribute to this thread. I have a script that I've done for HBP (Three versions actually and I need to do a forth) I'm just going to warn you guys...this was done BEFORE DH was released and I cut out some things that ends up being important later lol. See how bad I am at figuring things out lol. Regardless I wrote this 3rd draft at the beginning of this year and when I rewrite it ALOT of things are going to change, but for now I thought it'll be fun to show where my mind was, what I thought was important or not and I would love to hear you guys opinion. So here is the beginning of my 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' screenplay. Notice that there is NO Spinners End so don't kill me cause in 2 out of the 3 versions I have it's there

Fade In:

EXT. SHACK IN THE HILLS-NIGHT

The Camera pans in towards a dark shack atop a mountain. Rain falls violently as a flash of lightening come across the screen. The camera cranes towards a window and we see the shadow of a man moving around quickly.

INT. SHACK-NIGHT

The camera pans through the window and we see the back of the man who closes his briefcase quickly. He turns around and we see that it is Igor Karkaroff, the head of Durmstrang. He looks down and there is a shot of the DARK MARK on his arm that he covers up quickly. He runs quickly to grab his bags and there is a noise and he stops suddenly. All we hear is thunder and the rain beating outside and then BAM the door flies open. Karkaroff jumps back in horror as 3 hooded figured walk slowly into the shack.

KARKAROFF
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!

PERSON UNDER THE HOOD
Now Igor, do you think its wise to greet your master this way?

The person pulls back his hood and reveals himself to be LORD VOLDEMORT

KARKAROFF
My Lord, you…you have returned…

VOLDEMORT
Don’t act as if you didn’t know Igor, the signs have been strong since my return two years ago. Yet…you never returned…

KARKAROFF
My Lord, I didn’t know..I didn’t….

VOLDEMORT
CRUCIO!!!!!

Karkaroff falls over in pain, screaming in agony.

VOLDEMORT
Surely you knew this day would come Igor. Do you honestly think you could avoid me forever?

(He looks down to Karkaroff whimpering on the floor)

Pathetic, what you have become. At first I was going to send others to kill you, but I realized…who else to dispose of the traitor than me?

KARKAROFF
No…no please…

VOLDEMORT
You should’ve remained loyal to your master Karkaroff. AVADA KADAVRA!

A flash of green light shoots out of his wand and Karkaroff falls over dead. Voldemort walks over and pushes him with his foot..

VOLDEMORT
Tragic.

(He turns to the other 2 Death Eaters)

Now come my friends, there’s much to do. The mission begins soon and we must make sure that…he’s ready to do his job.

The DEATH EATERS and LORD VOLDEMORT exit the shack and Voldemort stops and looks up. He points his wand up at the sky.

VOLDEMORT
MORSMORDRE!

A flash shoots from the wand and BOOM the DARK MARK appears over the shot. There is a flash and the scene cuts to…

INT. HARRY’S ROOM/HALLWAY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of a window. The camera pans around the room onto a newspaper where we see the heading Harry Potter: The Chosen One? It then zooms to the newspaper clipping next to it that has Scrimgeour Succeeds Fudge as the heading. The camera then pans over past Hedwig in her cage to the bed where we see Harry laying down looking at the ceiling. We hear the doorbell ring from downstairs and we see Harry jump up with excitement, grab his glasses, and rushes out the door. The scene cuts to Uncle Vernon rushing angrily towards the door with a shotgun.)

UNCLE VERNON
Who the blazes is calling at this time of night!

He opens the door quickly with the gun drawn and we see Dumbledore standing there. We then see Harry run down the stairs and stop at the foot of them staring at Uncle Vernon and Dumbeldore.

DUMBLEDORE
You must be Mr. Dursley. Judging by your look of stunned disbelief, and your gun in my face, (he glances up at Harry) Harry did not warn you that I was coming. However let us assume that you have lowered your gun and invited me warmly into your home. It is unwise to linger overlong on doorsteps in these troubled times.

Uncle Vernon lowers his gun and we see Harry laugh as Dumbledore walks into their house and Harry continues to walk down the stairs.

DUMBLEDORE
Ah, good evening Harry…

Both Petunia and Dudley walk out of the kitchen into the hallway

UNCLE VERNON
I don’t mean to be rude….

DUMBLEDORE
Yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often. Best to say nothing at all, my dear man. Ah, and this must be Petunia and this must be your son, Dudley?

Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley all look at each other nervously and then back at Dumbledore without saying anything.

HARRY
Should I go and get my things first sir…

DUMBLEDORE
In a moment Harry, there are a few matters that must be discussed first. I would prefer not to do so in the open so we shall trespass upon your aunt and uncle’s hospitality a little longer.

UNCLE VERNON
You will, will you?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I shall. Now lets assume you have invited me into your sitting room.

Dumbledore smiles at them and walks into the living room followed by Harry. The Dursleys look at each other and then follow slowly.

INT. DURSLEY’S LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

DUMBLEDORE
Hope you don’t mind, but we may as well be comfortable.

Dumbledore pulls out his wand and flicks it. The sofa zooms forward and knocks the knees from under the Dursleys and they collasp on the couch. The sofa then zooms back to where it was originally. We see a shot of Dumbledore’s hand, which has blackened.

HARRY
What happened to your…?

DUMBLEDORE
Later Harry. Have a seat please. I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshments.

Dumbledore flicks his wand again and 5 glasses filled with a drink appear. The glasses float to everyone in the room. Vernon and Petunia cast each other a nervous look as Dumbledore and Harry grab there glasses and toast each other. The Dursleys ignore the glasses and the glasses just nudge them on the side of their heads.

DUMBLEDORE
Now Harry, The Order of the Phoenix has run into a difficult situation. Sirius’s will was discovered and it seems that he left you everything he owned.

UNCLE VERNON
His godfather’s dead?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes…now…One problem is that Sirius also left you number twelve, Grimmauld Place.

UNCLE VERNON
He’s been left a house? How…how…

HARRY
(ignoring Vernon)
You can keep using it as headquarters. You can have it… I don’t really want it.

DUMBLEDORE
That is generous. We have, however, vacated the building temporarily.

HARRY
Why?

DUMBLEDORE
Sirius was the very last of the line as his younger brother, Regulus, predeacesed him and both were childless. It is possible that some spell or enchantment has been set to ensure it cannot be owned by anyone other than a pureblood. If this is so, it is passed down to the eldest of Sirius’s living relatives, his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange.

HARRY
(Harry jumps up suddenley)
Bellatrix Lestrange! Sirius’s killer, inherit the house? No! How can we find out if I’m allowed to own it?

DUMBLEDORE
There is a simple test…

UNCLE VERNON
WILL YOU GET THESE RUDDY THINGS OFF US!!!

The camera shows the three Dursleys waving their hands above their heads trying to keep the glasses away as the glasses continue nudging them.

DUMBLEDORE
Oh, I’m so sorry.
(He raises and flicks his wand and the glasses disappear.)
It would have been better manners to drink it, you know. Now you see Harry, if you have indeed inherited the house, you also inherited..

He flicks his wands and Kreacher appears in the middle of the room. Aunt Petunia lets out a loud scream; Dudley jumps up on the couch.

UNCLE VERNON
What the hell is that!?!?

DUMBLEDORE
Kreacher.

KREACHER
KREACHER WON’T! KREACHER WON’T! KREACHER WON’T GO TO THE POTTER BRAT! KREACHER BELONGS TO MISS BELLATRIX!

DUMBLEDORE
As you can see Harry, Kreacher is showing a certain (He looks at Kreacher and he covers his ears and starts to run around the room yelling ‘Don’t’ as the Dursleys scream as well.) reluctance to pass into your ownership.

HARRY
I don’t care...I don’t want him.

DUMBLEDORE
You would prefer him to pass into the ownership of Bellatrix Lestrange? Bear in mind that he has lived at the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix for the past year.

KREACHER
WON’T WON’T WON’T!!!!!!

HARRY
Kreacher, shut up!

Kreacher grabs his throat and throws himself to the floor.

DUMBLEDORE
Well that simplifies matters. It seems that Sirius knew what he was doing. You are the rightful owner of number twelve Grimmauld Place and of Kreacher.

The camera shows Kreacher thrashing around on the floor in silence.

HARRY
Do I have to keep him?

DUMBLEDORE
Not if you don’t want too, you could send him to Hogwarts to work in the kitchen with the other house elves that work there. That way the other house elves could keep an eye on him.

HARRY
Good, Kreacher I want you to go to Hogwarts and work in the kitchens there with the other house elves.

Kreacher stands up, frowns, and vanishes.

DUMBLEDORE
Good. (He turns to the Dursleys) Now one last thing… As you will no doubt be aware, Harry comes of age in a year’s time…

AUNT PETUNIA
No, he doesn’t. He’s a month younger than Dudley, and Dudders doesn’t turn eighteen until the year after next.

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, but in the Wizarding world, we come of age at seventeen.

UNCLE VERNON
Now that’s a load of….

DUMBLEDORE
(Dumbledore raises his finger up for silence and Vernon obliges.)
Now, as you already know, the wizard called Lord Voldemort has returned to this country. With a letter I explained about his parents murder and expressing the hope that you would care for him as though he was your own. You did not do as I asked. The best that can be said is that he has at least escaped the appalling damage you have infliced upon your son…

AUNT PETUNIA
What do you mean damage?

UNCLE VERNON
Us…mistreat Dudders? What d’you…

DUMBLEDORE
Silence please! The magic I evoked fifteen years ago means that Harry has powerful protection while he can still call this house ‘home.’ This magic will cease to operate the moment that Harry turns seventeen. I ask only this, that you allow Harry to return, once more, to this house, before his seventeenth birthday, which will ensure that the protection continues until that time.

Vernon looks as though he wants to say something in protest.

DUMBLEDORE
Now, Harry get your things and Petunia if you don’t mind I’d love to look at one of your muggle magazines, I do love knitting patterns.

He looks at Petunia and she looks at him and the scene fades to…

I'll keep it going until Diagon Alley, then I'm taking a break lol

EXT. PRIVET DRIVE-NIGHT

Harry and Dumbledore are walking down the street.

DUMBLEDORE
You have not, of course, passed your Apparition Test.

HARRY
No sir, I thought you had to be seventeen?

DUMBLEDORE
You do, so you will need to hold on to my arm very tightly. (Harry grabs Dumbledore’s arm) Very good, well here we go.

They disapper off of Privet Drive and we see them fly off as if they’re in a fast tunnel made of light.. A look of horror fills Harrys face as everything went black as they were shifting from left to right. They then land and Harry see’s that they are standing in a yard. The camera pans back slowly to show them standing in front of “THE BURROW” the Weasleys’ home.

EXT. THE BURROW- NIGHT

They begin to walk towards the house.

DUMBLEDORE
Now Harry you have not asked me, what my favorite flavor of jam is. How do you know I’m not an imposter?

HARRY
Oh...I…um…Sherbert Lemon?

DUMBLEDORE
(Chuckles)
Good guess, but it was raspberry. Also I am pleased and a little proud at how well you seem to be coping after everything that happened at the Ministry. It was cruel that you and Sirius had such a short time together.

HARRY
It’s just hard you know? To realize he won’t be there, But while I was at the Dursley’s, I realized I can’t shut msyelf away or crack up; Sirius wouldn’t have wanted that would he? People are dying; it could be me next, couldn’t it? And if it is, I’ll make sure I take as many Death Eaters with me as I can, and Voldemort too if I can manage it.

DUMBLEDORE
Spoken both like your mother and father’ son and Sirius’s true godson!

HARRY
(Noticing Dumbledore’s blackened hand once again)
Professor…what happened to you…

DUMBLEDORE
There’s no time to explain it now, it is a thrilling tale, I wish to do it justice. Now on to another subject.
(He stops walking and grabs Harry’s shoulder)
Firstly, I wish you to keep your Invisibility Cloak with you at all times from this moment forward, do you understand?

HARRY
Yes sir…

DUMBLEDORE
And…It is my wish that you take private lessons with me this year.

HARRY
Private…! With you? Really?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I think it is time that I took a great hand in your education.

HARRY
What will you be teaching me, sir?

DUMBLEDORE
(airily)
Oh, a little of this, a little of that.

HARRY
(laughs)
Does that mean I don’t have to take Occlumency lessons with Snape?

DUMBLEDORE
Professor Snape, Harry, and no you will not!

HARRY
Good, because they were a load of….

DUMBLEDORE
(He holds up his finger)
I think the word ‘fiasco’ would be a good one here.

Dumbledore and Harry laughs and

INT. THE BURROW-RON’S BEDROOM-EARLY MORNING

The scene fades to a shot of Harry sleeping. He stirs a bit and sits up and look across the room at Ron sleeping. As Harry yawns we hear

MRS. WEASLEY
BREAKFAST IS READY!!!!!

Ron stirs and Harry steps out of bed.

HARRY
Ron, hey Ron wake up
(Ron mumbles sleepily under his breath. Harry looks away smiles and turns around suddenly and screams)
SPIDERS!!!!

Ron jumps around frantically in panic and Harry falls on his bed in laughter.

RON
THAT WASN’T FUNNY ‘ARRY!!

Harry continues to laugh as the scene cuts to

INT. THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Mrs. Weasley and Hermione cutting vegatbles together as Harry and Ron walk slowly down the stairs.

MRS. WEASLEY
(Turning around)
Good morning Harry dear, it’s great to see you.

HARRY
You too Mrs. Weasley

HERMIONE
Harry!
(She runs up to him and hugs him)

HARRY
Hey Hermione

RON
(sitting down at the table.)
Has dad made it home yet?

MRS. WEASLEY
No, he’s a tiny bit late

(She takes a look up at the family clock where all faces are pointing towards “Mortal Peril” now.)

RON
It’s been like that for a while, ever since You-Know-Who’ came back into the open.

BILL WEASLEY and GINNY both sleepily walks in as he says this and goes to the sink

BILL
Well, this must be Harry Potter!

MRS. WEASLEY
Ah Harry yes, dear this is my other son Bill

HARRY
Nice to finally meet you!

GINNY
Hiya Harry

HARRY
(Smiles)
Ginny…hey…

MRS. WEASLEY
Good Ginny dear could you help me with the vegetables please…?

BILL
So was the trip here okay….?

HARRY
Yeah I was with Dumbledore.

BILL
Good man Dumbledore…

HARRY
Yeah…so where are Fred and George?

RON
They’re raking in the Galleons! They have a new shop in Diagon Alley, we should be going there later…

MRS. WEASLEY
I must say I didn’t approve of it at first, but they do seem to have a flair for business. Oh!

(Mr. Weasley’s hand on the clock moves from ‘Mortal Peril’ to traveling)

Your fathers on his way kids!

Mrs. Weasley waves her hand and the bread she was cutting flies on all the plates on the table.

BILL
So am I right in saying you’re going to make it to the wedding Harry?

HARRY
Wedding?

RON
I forgot to tell you, Bill here is getting married. Remember Fluer?

HARRY
Delacour? I competed in the Tri Wizard tournament with her? Nice!

All the guys laugh and nod in approval and the three women at the counter all turn around towards them, make a noise of disgust, and turn back around.

HARRY
So how is that?

BILL
Oh it’s really good.

GINNY
Yeah it seems my dear brother has ended up with a nice cow for the family.

RON
Ginny and Mum don’t like that much, they think they’ve rushed the whole thing.

(He looks at Hermione who has just sitten down and starts reading the Daily Prophet)

So anyone we know dead?

MRS. WEASLEY
RONALD WEASLEY!!!!

RON
What!?!

HERMIONE
There have been another couple of dementor attacks and…oh no!

(The camera pans over her shoulder to show the Shack from the beginning of the film with the Dark Mark hanging over it)

They’ve found Igor Karkoroff’s body in a shack up north with the Dark Mark set over it!

HARRY
The head of Durmstrang?

MRS. WEASLEY
The very same, I’m surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters.

GINNY
There’ve been a lot of dissappearences too Harry.

RON

Yeah like Ollivander the wandmaker

(There is a knock on the door and everyone looks at it in silence.)

MRS. WEASLEY
Arthur, is that you?

MR. WEASLEY
(from outside the door)
Yes, but I would say that even if I were a Death Eater. Ask the question!

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh, honestly Arthur.
(Sighs)
What is your dearest ambition?

MR. WEASLEY
To find out how airplanes stay up and now Molly, what do you like me to call you when we’re alone together?

MRS. WEASLEY
(She looks over her shoulders and see’s the kids looking at her. She gives a nervous chuckle and with a frantic whisper she says..)
Mollywobbles.

MR. WEASLEY
Correct, now you can let me in.

(The door opens and Mr. Weasley walks in and kisses his wife and sits down his briefcase.)

MR. WEASLEY
Harry, I didn’t know you were here already. Everything alright?

HARRY
Yes sir

MR. WEASLEY
Well I ran into a few owls on the way and I have a nice little treat for you lot.
(He pulls out of his pocket a stack of mail.)
O.W.L. results are in!

HERMIONE
(She jumps up in excitement)
Are they here already! Feels like I’ve been waiting ages!

Hermione, Ron, and Harry all take there letters from Mr. Weasley and proceeds to open them on the spot.

HARRY
I only failed Divination and History of Magic, and who cares about them?

RON
(Taking a look at Harry’s)
I knew you’d be top at Defense Against the Dark Arts. We’ve done all right, haven’t we? We’re N.E.W.T. students now!

MRS WEASLEY
Well done!

HARRY
And look at this…we don’t have to take Potions anymore. No more Snape…this day is great already!

GINNY
Hermione? How did you do?

HERMIONE
Oh, I….not bad.

RON
Like you had anything to worry about in the first place.

HERMIONE
(She gives Ron a stern look and notices something hanging out of Harry’s envelope)
Well look at this.
(She takes it out and stares at it.)
Seems as if Harry is Quidditch captain this year!

RON
Wow! Congrats Harry! …

HARRY
Thanks…

GINNY
Now all you have to do is break it to Ron early that he doesn’t have a chance on the team…

RON
Funny…

MRS. WEASLEY
Don’t’ forget that we are traveling to Diagon Alley later…

MR. WEASLEY
Don’t expect it to be the same Harry, its nearly completely empty now. The scare of You-Know-Who’s return has changed a lot of things. Now can I have a few more sausages dear..?

The camera zooms in on Harry looking at everyone eat and give a slight smile as the scene fades to

Last edited by Phrozenone; September 30th, 2007 at 7:39 pm.
Old September 30th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
Okay so I was asked to contribute to this thread. I have a script that I've done for HBP (Three versions actually and I need to do a forth) I'm just going to warn you guys...this was done BEFORE DH was released and I cut out some things that ends up being important later lol. See how bad I am at figuring things out lol. Regardless I wrote this 3rd draft at the beginning of this year and when I rewrite it ALOT of things are going to change, but for now I thought it'll be fun to show where my mind was, what I thought was important or not and I would love to hear you guys opinion. So here is the beginning of my 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' screenplay. Notice that there is NO Spinners End so don't kill me cause in 2 out of the 3 versions I have it's there
Great to see it.

And what is/was missing (except Spinners End) it seemed fine to me (except Spinners End)

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies