Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Harry Potter Anime Series

Old May 30th, 2007, 5:11 pm
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter Anime Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrControl View Post
I don't think that you quite got what I said.

I said W E as in volunteered, colaborative, fan made, animated series.

I never mentioned anything about Warner Bros. doing the animation. Although they do own the rights on the characters and all.
Yes. Five fans from all around the world will get together on CoS Forums and make an entire anime of Harry Potter. That should definitely work. Especially the anime part. Oh, yes.

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:03 pm
Second Year

I don't like anime so I probably wouldn't watch it.

DHS DRUMLINE
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:59 pm
Fourth Year

When I saw the word "anime" attached to Harry Potter I gave an involuntary shudder. I know lots of people love anime, but personally I detest it with a vengeance that borders on hatred. Everything about anime seems wrong for Harry Potter. Urgh. I honestly think that idea is distressing.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 4th, 2007, 5:20 pm
Second Year

I probably wouldn't watch it.
I don't think that it would be particularly good, no offense.

Jo

'I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick'
Old July 4th, 2007, 6:02 pm
Fifth Year

I would love for the HP series to be adapted into an anime series or an anime movie. Think about the possibilities. The scenes will be great because they can manipulate stuff more than live action can do and the pictures of the characters will be kawaii and probably closer to what I'm picturing them to be.

Old July 6th, 2007, 12:57 pm
Sixth Year

I hope Harry Potter stays FAR, FAR away from Anime
Anime turns everything into a overly emotional melodrama

Old July 6th, 2007, 10:04 pm
Seventh Year

I would rather see a Harry Potter based Anime series. Rather then one following the stories from the 7 books and the lives of the Trio, have the show follow the lives of a group of Hogwarts students currently unknown in the books.

Make the show about Hogwarts, not Harry Potter. Maybe have the main characters a group of first years and based some time after the events of book 7.

Emotional Landscapes
Old July 7th, 2007, 2:49 am
First Year

I would love a Harry Potter anime. Especially done by Bones. (people who do FMA and Ouran Host Club) They should just use Kaoru and Hikaru as Fred and George. I think it would be fun. They could cover everything in the books.

Old August 21st, 2007, 4:53 pm
First Year

I think that an anime version of HP would probably resemble something like a fusion between the Akazukin Cha Cha (for the magical aspect) and His or Her Circumstances (for the teen-related part). We'd probably cut down on the slapstick and the bishojo for the former, and the heavy psycho-analyzing for the latter.

Old August 24th, 2007, 12:03 pm
First Year

Well I like the sound of an HP anime but the thing is some animes just simply go overboard if you know what I mean, it really just depends on who does it, it could either be brilliant or a complete disaster. If, by some miraclethey do make one I think it should be set around the mauraders era, it gives them more options, we get to see something we haven't seen before and it might not be such a disaster if they do something wrong.

Old August 24th, 2007, 12:24 pm
Second Year

i wouldn't mind it, but i'm not into harry being anything but books and movies.

Old August 24th, 2007, 12:27 pm
First Year

maybe the series could be set at hogwarts but the protagonists are like from another house, say hufflepuff. in depths on ernie & hannah when we only see them slightly ...well actually i dont want to spend 20mins a day watching ernie recite his study habits. maybe the bad boys in slytherin

Old August 24th, 2007, 12:27 pm
Second Year

Anime would be awesome and probably with that style of media, would be able to do what the BBC did with Pride and Prejudice and followed the book so closely by having the story told in episodes instead of just one movie per book.
Sure, you'd have probably 5 episodes per book and more for the longer ones, but it would be IN DEPTH, no cuts and the animation would be able to allow awesome magic casting displays.

AWESOME awesome idea.
Please please please. Someone hop to it!

Last edited by elderwand; August 24th, 2007 at 12:42 pm.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:39 pm
First Year

I hate anime. Its overrated.

If I was a judge I would issue a 10,000 mile restraining order between the word 'anime' and 'Potter'.

Anime can stick with its conventional garbage but please, PLEASE, don't corrupt Harry Potter with that nonsense.

Also, I would give JKR some soap so that she can clean her hands after slapping the filthy scumbag who makes Harry Potter into anime.

http://acmb.frih.net

Last edited by Zubairi; August 24th, 2007 at 12:48 pm.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:44 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubairi View Post
I hate anime. Its overrated.
Fair enough. Perhaps you've not had a very good experience with it. I mean, when they get it right, it's awesome.
For example:
1) The anime section in Kill Bill 2 where the story of "cotton mouth" was recounted.
2) Spirited Away

to name just a couple.

Old August 24th, 2007, 3:23 pm
Registered Animagus

Yeah Spirited Away is good.

I think anime would be interesting if it was based on HP but overall it probably wouldnt work. Anime works with manga because in a lot of ways they're written the same way.

Old August 24th, 2007, 4:25 pm
First Year

One aspect of anime that I think would really work well with HP is, as the OP pointed out, the opening and ending videos. It works especially well with shows with large ensemble casts, as even bit characters get their 15 seconds of fame (maybe even get your ships in). And in the context of a heptalogy like HP, you get to see the characters mature in each new OP and ED of a "season".

Old August 25th, 2007, 5:13 am
First Year

It seems a little...wrong. I would probably be curious to watch it but I doubt I'd like it, especially if it were anime. I mean if it was in a more realistic style like some of you guys said, maybe I'd like it, but I can see the intro song with a guy singing inspirationally in Japanese showing shots of Malfoy sneering and Neville dropping his books with huge eyes with dots tiny dots in it and little anime sweat droplets are flying off him and stuff like that and the stupid ending theme with the slow pop music and some girl singing overdramatically in Japanese while we get snippets of Ron and Hermione sitting under a tree with little diamond sparkles in their eyes watching a sunset, and Harry walking with his head down in front of the lake with Hedwig on his shoulder. That's worst case scenario though and I know what you guys are saying that it wouldn't be like that, but that's what I see when I think about it.

Old August 25th, 2007, 6:23 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
It seems a little...wrong. I would probably be curious to watch it but I doubt I'd like it, especially if it were anime. I mean if it was in a more realistic style like some of you guys said, maybe I'd like it, but I can see the intro song with a guy singing inspirationally in Japanese showing shots of Malfoy sneering and Neville dropping his books with huge eyes with dots tiny dots in it and little anime sweat droplets are flying off him and stuff like that and the stupid ending theme with the slow pop music and some girl singing overdramatically in Japanese while we get snippets of Ron and Hermione sitting under a tree with little diamond sparkles in their eyes watching a sunset, and Harry walking with his head down in front of the lake with Hedwig on his shoulder. That's worst case scenario though and I know what you guys are saying that it wouldn't be like that, but that's what I see when I think about it.
Mecha series (especially the Gundam franchise) tend to have relatively serious OPs and EDs, without the cheese and sillyness that you fear, and while keeping the dramatics to a minimum.

Old August 26th, 2007, 5:26 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderwand View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps you've not had a very good experience with it. I mean, when they get it right, it's awesome.
For example:
1) The anime section in Kill Bill 2 where the story of "cotton mouth" was recounted.
2) Spirited Away

to name just a couple.
And Totoro.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies