Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy

The House Of Night Series by P.C. Cast

Old March 4th, 2009, 2:47 pm
Pernicious Blood Traitor

Re: The House Of Night Series by P.C. Cast

I agree, Stevie Rae is completely Okie-fied and Erik never strikes me as that, despite their being part of the same school. Not that opposites don't attract.

Just started a reread of the series in prep for the new release...is because I just got to the part where Elizabeth has just died.

What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.

"So that doesn't clear anything up but it elucidates what I believe. But I don't think it's necessarily going to convince people who have a strong feeling, one way or the other, on the matter. You know what, that's been the case with most of "Harry Potter". I gave my explanation and it just fuels more debate." ~ JK Rowling

'Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead, and turned it thrice in his hand.' ~ Thrice...go Team CoCo.
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2009, 2:49 am
Banned

The new House of Night book is out! I was at Target a couple days ago and it was on the shelves. The cover is really cool looking and it's called Hunted. I was so tempted to buy it, but didn't and now I'm really mad at myself that I didn't. Has anyone got the book yet?

Old March 27th, 2009, 9:42 pm
First Year

Yeah. i have!! it is soooooo awesome, not to make you feel bad. it is cool, and i like it better than the rest of them. there are soooo many surprises, good/bad, and zoey makes a stupid decision, but oh well. and kalona does something really creepy!!!!!!!!

Old April 17th, 2009, 9:13 pm
First Year

You know I read this book because I liked "Twilight" so much and thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Still don't have the fifth one but I need to get it!!!! Zoey and Eric are awesome. I really hope they get back together.

Last edited by skellingtonfan; April 17th, 2009 at 9:15 pm.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Fifth Year

Oh my goodness, I love this series!!! I can't wait for "Untamed" to come out in the UK - it's so unfair that America gets it sooo much earlier than us (you've already got it haven't you?). I mean I know it's an American book, but HP is English and you got it at the same time and even translated into American-English for you...

"Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely...didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details."

Old July 21st, 2009, 3:25 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellingtonfan View Post
You know I read this book because I liked "Twilight" so much and thought I'd give it a shot.
Yeah, me too. I liked it, but somethings was a bit too similar to twilight. But if I had read The House of Night Series first I wouldn't have thought about that Yeah I relly liked the books, but I have only read 1 and 2, I have started on the third, but this page contains spoilers and it's driving me mad I'll just have to wait to read all the messages until I have finished reading the books The undead really freaks me out and I want to know what happens!

Old July 27th, 2009, 6:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

I recently started reading this series after some pokes and prods from some friends, and i quickly found myself hooked on them and I am having a hard time putting them down, as i am now about halfway through the third book. The storylines are very interesting and im enjoying this interpretation of young vampires. While there are some similarities to some other vampire novels like twilight, these books still differ quite a bit from twilight and other known vampire lore.

The only thing that shocked me a bit was the young adult classification, as some of the things that go on in the books are not suitable for the entire young adult age range.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old July 30th, 2009, 1:32 am
First Year

Have you read this book?
Yes, I've read them all multiple times

How did you like the book?
They were amazing! Maybe not my favorite books ever, but they're definitely up there on my list!

Is this one of your favorite stories?
Yes, one of a very, very, very long list.

Is this one of the best vampire stories you've read?
Vampire wise, yes. Again, one of the very long list of best vampire stories. I like the take on vampires on HoN.

On another note, has anyone seen the cover for Tempted, out in October? It's amazing, and makes me more excited than ever!

I'm looking for some volunteers who would be available throughout summer '10 for some possible work on a HP fanfiction awards site. If you would like to be a part of this, please Owl/Message me. Don't feel obligated to do so! Thanks a bunch!

Old August 1st, 2009, 6:00 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
The only thing that shocked me a bit was the young adult classification, as some of the things that go on in the books are not suitable for the entire young adult age range.
Yeah, that shocked me too. Especially the hallway part in the first book where Zoey walks in on Eric and the other girl. I was like 'OMG! This is a young adult book?!' I'm glad I kept reading, though, because this is a really great series.

Old August 1st, 2009, 7:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
Yeah, that shocked me too. Especially the hallway part in the first book where Zoey walks in on Eric and the other girl. I was like 'OMG! This is a young adult book?!' I'm glad I kept reading, though, because this is a really great series.
yes that and the language is what got me, not that i mind it as im an adult but i was shocked at the classification, but it is definitely a very enjoyable series thus far even though im only 2/3rds of the way through the 3rd book.

Old August 7th, 2009, 11:19 pm
Second Year

I've read the first two books of the series, and honestly, I thought it was very far from what I call a good story or good writing.

Boring characters without personalities, weird plots, no excitement whatsoever at all and it all seemed a little forced to me. Not like the two had a very fluent writing.

I wouldn't recommend the books, there's way better out there.

“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry.
“Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
Old March 29th, 2010, 3:22 am
First Year

I've read all of the books so far and love them! The way the last one ended was crazy to say the least!! Also the fact that I actually live in the same city these books are placed in is quite fun. I mean when they talk about the House of Night itself and the Starbucks in Utica Square I know exactly where they are and have been to both places

Old April 8th, 2010, 5:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieriel_10 View Post
I've read all of the books so far and love them! The way the last one ended was crazy to say the least!! Also the fact that I actually live in the same city these books are placed in is quite fun. I mean when they talk about the House of Night itself and the Starbucks in Utica Square I know exactly where they are and have been to both places
wow thats neat!

Ive read all the books as well and i agree i felt like the last one ended a bit abruptly, usually theres a little closure but i felt like this last book was way more open ended. Cant wait for burned in a few weeks

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy