Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Old July 27th, 2007, 3:47 am
First Year

Re: Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Definitely the harry ginny kiss (so long as it lives up to the way Jk describes it in the book), the final battle, the aftermath of george loosing his ear and ditch most of the epilogue for some funerals and emotional parts.

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2007, 3:54 am
First Year

I love the "Seven Potter's" scene I think that will translate really well to film. I feel that the final battle will be made too epic and a lot of the emotion will be lacking.

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:01 am
Third Year

The battle for Hogwarts will be the best because its the end of the movie, it will probable be a half hour long

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:07 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosenoneknux View Post
Well they need to have a big duel really, they should've done for at least more than 2 pages; doing it the way it was done exactly in the book would hardly be good movie material either.
But that's the thing see, they can't have a big duel or else the filmmakers will have to rewrite the ending. Voldermort can't duel Harry because he has the Elder wand. How are they going to have Harry and Voldermort go at it while Voldermort has a wand that can't hurt Harry? Not only that, Harry doesn't have the skill to pull off a long sustained battle against Voldermort like Dumbledore did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=170269184909

YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIVING OFF A STEADY DIET OF GOVERNMENT IMPORTED CHEESE, AND LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Old July 27th, 2007, 4:12 am
Third Year

of course there will be the love scene with Ginny and Harry, then there will def be the battle of hogwarts

I wanna see the malfoys house both times, with the retired teacher being held up side down and the scene when they are in the dungeon in the house with olivander and luna? i think that would be a sick scene

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:22 am
First Year

The chapter "The Seven Potters" ought to be really good. I've been looking forward to that one ever since I read it.

Also, the battle between Mrs. Weasley and Bellatrix. Just for Mrs. Weasley's line. They better keep that.

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:24 am
First Year

the seven potters would be fun to watch.
i would also love the Malfoy's manor, speacially when hermione is being tortured, i wonder how they would show it, if they would be able to make the viewers feel the pain...

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:28 am
Third Year

I think one of the funniest scenes will be Ron and Hermione's kiss. Harry's reaction was the best.

"Is this the really the time?"
"OI! There's still a war going on here!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=170269184909

YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIVING OFF A STEADY DIET OF GOVERNMENT IMPORTED CHEESE, AND LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Old July 27th, 2007, 4:30 am
First Year

I really hope they get the battle of hogwarts scene right. I also hope they get the final battle right. Harry casts the shield charm and then rips off the cloak to everyones shock would give me goosebumps.

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:37 am
Third Year

On a completely non-action level, and because I've been waiting for it for so long, I'm going with Hermione kissing Ron and Harry's reaction. Then there's the Mrs. Weasley-Bellatrix duel; especially, with Mrs. Weasley screaming, "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B****!" I'm so gonna be yelling and cheering her on!

Coldplay @ Freedom Hall
Louisville, KY
Feb 23, 2006

"This is my happening and it freaks me out" - Z-Man, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
Old July 27th, 2007, 4:38 am
First Year

The First Chapter has to be in the movie, because frankly it sets the rest of the movie’s tone. The whole part at Privet Drive has to be in it. For the moviegoers to see especially that Dudley can change and start on the road to becoming a halfway decent person is amazing. Harry reminiscing should be in. The chase from Privet Drive to the Burrow with Mad-Eye's and Hedwig's deaths have to be in, which mean the whole 7 Harrys thing has to be in, otherwise there would be no reason why the DEs didn’t know which Harry was real. Also they must add the line about Harry not having a tattoo on his chest in for a touch of comic relief. Harry's birthday has to be in, cause he’s finally of age. Also that’s when Dumbledore’s will is read and the majority of the items are passed out. The trio talking about their horcrux hunting plans and the whole explanation of horcruxes and how to kill them HAS to be in, because it’s one of the main movie 6 questions answered. The kiss between Harry and Ginny has to take place, because it shows that they are still as in love with each other as much as they ever were, but because of what the trio has to do, they can’t be together right now—or at least Harry believes that. The wedding has to be in, because it’s one of the really joyous occasions before the fit hits the shan, when the DE and Voldie kill Scriemgour, and take over the ministry. Also it is when Harry and we, the movie going public starts to find out that Dumbledore wasn’t the saintly figure that we all thought he was.

After the trio flees the wedding and starts their Horcrux hunting, the few minutes they spend in Totenham Court with the DE attack shows that there is no 100% safe place for them. It further shows that the wizarding world has done a 180 with Voldemort in charge of it. Their time at Grimauld Place have to be in a stunted time line. Some of those days they spent there can be cut. I think some of those days could be cut, leaving the most important days in:
  • • Harry finding the letter in Sirius’ room
    • Finding Regulas’ room and realizing he is RAB
    • The whole Kreacher tale
    • Kreacher going to and finding Mundungus Fletcher and bring him back to answer for his thievery
    • Showing the changed Kreacher serving them dinner, while they plan the Ministry Infiltration. During this planning session, they need to talk about having cased the place for a month.

The whole ministry scene should be added in a stunted form of sorts. Everything should pretty much go the way it’s written, but instead of each trio member waiting on their next person to come along, I’m thinking they could have it where the same three people go into work at the same time, so each trio member could magically knock each person out and use the polyjuice potion to change into that person for an hour. I think other than that it should go pretty much the way it was written.

I think all except the most important parts of their tent time should be cut, because it would drag the pace down. Those parts to me would be:
  • • Right after escaping the Ministry. During that time, they could show each trio member keeping watch and wearing the locket, especially show Ron’s descent into madness
    • The part when they spy on Gornuk, Griphook, Dean Thomas and Ted Tonks talking about their harrow tales of life on the run, and the fact that the Sword of Gryffindor kept in the LaStrange’s vault being a fake. The whole Phineas Nigellus scene as well, cause it plays a part in the “Prince’s Tale” scenes.
    • The night Ron whacks out and leaves, and how it affects Harry and Hermoine. Especially the fact that Hermoine is crying her head off.
    • The whole Forest of Dean scene when Harry follows Snape’s doe to the lake, where he tries to get it and the locket trying to strangle him, and Ron coming to the rescue, saving Harry. The whole killing the Horcrux scene, including the temptation of Ronald Weasley thing. Also the whole Hermoine whacking out on Ron, because she’s so happy and mad he’s back. All the info about the Snatchers, Potterwatch and all the info Ron brings with him, should be in it, because it shows to Harry and Heromoine that 1) Ron’s not been living it up, and all 2) they have a many people behind them.
    • Them getting caught by Greyback and his gang

All of the Godric’s Hallow visit should be in, and the whole Nagini inside Bathilda Bagshot thing should be in, as well as Harry seeing the night his parents died and Voldemort lost his body. It is very important towards the end of the book.

The scene with Xenophilius Lovegood has to be in, cause we find out Luna has been taken hostage, we find out about Rowena Ravenclaw and her diadem, we see Luna’s room, and we find out what the trio and the DA means to her; and also it’s when we find out about the Deathly Hallows and the fact that Harry already has one of the Hallows and that Voldie had another of the Hallows, but not the Elder Wand. It’s also indirectly when we find out that Harry and Voldie are distantly related.

The whole Malfoy Manor scene should be in. This is where Harry becomes the owner of the Elder Wand. Also it’s when Hermoine gets tortured by Bellatrix (with Ron whacking out cause he can’t help or get to Hermoine), we finally find out what happened to Luna, and Ollivander. Pettigrew gets killed her. Dobby comes to the rescue and saves everyone but himself.

We MUST see the funeral of Dobby, because all heroes deserve a proper burial. Also it seems that digging Dobby’s grave forces Harry to think about his next moves, and to finally take a more forceful leadership role in the hunt to end Voldemort. The scenes at Bill and Fleur’s where the trio talks to Griphook and then Ollivander, what they learn from them is crucial should be in. The Lupin scenes should be in, but it is expendable.

The whole Gringotts scene has to be in, cause it is apart of the Horcrux hunting, and sets up the end of the movie, cause from the time they drop off the dragon to the end of the battle is basically one non-stop day.

The scenes with Aberforth HAVE to be in, cause it shows us that though Dumbledore wasn’t perfect, he learned from his mistakes and is still a good guy, cause he works toward the greater good. Also it’s where we find out the real story about Ariana Dumbledore and the death of Kendra and Ariana. Also it’s where we find out what Neville has been up to. The whole Battle of Hogwarts from lead up to Voldie’s death should be in. Chapters 28-36 should be filmed almost word for word—nothing should be changed. A few things can be shortened, but really it has been written perfectly for filming.

I also would like to say that all of Harry’s visions into Voldie’s mind should be in the movie. They are crucial to the Deathly Hallows quest, finding out that Voldie is looking for the Elder Wand, and all the vile, evilness that Voldie achieved along his way to his death.

I honestly don’t know if the Epilogue should be added in, but if it ends up getting added, JK Rowling will have to give the director and screenwriter more insight into what happens to the rest of the DA (i.e.: Luna Lovegood, Dean Thomas George Weasley, etc.), also about the professions of the trio. I know just today JK said that Harry and Ron are over the Aurors and Hermoine is pretty high up in the Magical Law Enforcement Office, but I’m thinking the screenwriter will have to know more. I would love to hear about Luna off somewhere looking for Snorkacks and other rare creatures. GO RAVENCLAW!!!

LOTR fan since 1983
Member of Ravenclaw
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:02 am
First Year

@ Eric_Cartman

I couldn't agree more.

Old July 27th, 2007, 5:43 am
First Year

im looking forward to some good death acting haha.

and of course the smooches, but we do get a few of H/G in the 6th one

Old July 27th, 2007, 5:45 am
First Year

i am very nervous for the movie. this should be a real test of emma rupert and daniels acting skills, and after seeing the 5th movie, i am not so confident they can really do it, i don't know if any actors could acurately portray the book. also, someone wrote how people who havent read the books will be so confused. but they will strip down the book for the movie so people who have just seen the movies can get it. this book was so complex and the characters displayed so much emotionally i can only hope that they do it some justice, and don't completely butcher it! (hopefully the torture scene and ron/hermione kiss will work out alright, because those should be epic!)

Old July 27th, 2007, 5:49 am
First Year

I'm looking foward to the Loovegood scene.

Old July 27th, 2007, 5:54 am
Second Year

Since one of my favorite scenes so far was the DA all coming together I would have to say either where the show up in the room of requirement after going to Ravenclaw and seeing everybody there and then Percy stumbling in or near the end where everyone including Kreacher show up. It should be emotionally uplifting to see the unity in the midst of chaos and war.

Old July 27th, 2007, 6:10 am
Third Year

Well I don't really like action, reading it or watching it. So I will have to say Snape's death... I love a good cry. I mean I cry for anything I cried for Spiderman so that should be good right.

To those of you who saw King's Cross: Naughty Naughty, you'll get caughty.

DO YOU JUST LOVE LUPIN AND TONKS?
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL BREAK UP?
ARE YOU A SNAPE FAN?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL LOVE MY FAN FICTION CALLED THE BOARDING HOUSE.

READ IT HERE.
Old July 27th, 2007, 6:42 am
First Year

I have a feeling that the last movie will either be the best of the series by far, or the worst. This movie can very easily be butchered. It just depends on how much they decide to leave in this movie, and if they will cater it more towards true fans of the books, or moviegoers who havent read the books.

I cant wait to see the 7 potters and the battle at Hogwarts scenes. I dont think they can mess them up too badly. I hope they do the scene with Snapes memories justice, and include his "Always" line with Dumbledore cryiing. And I hope they include Mrs Weasly's line to Bella.

Old July 27th, 2007, 7:21 am
First Year

I think that the best part of the book that SHOULD be amzing in the movie (if they keep it )
was the part when all the houses in the great hall get up and point their wands at the slytherins
i dont know why but i just got chills down my spine
its going to look real cool if u can just see all the students pointing their wands at each other

also when ron has to redeem himself and comeback to save harry and destroy the horcrux
that going to be a very emotional scene if they do it good
but i dont want to see the fake harry hermione kiss! haha maybe if they can just show them leaning against each other will be sad enough and ron just stabbing that necklace will be very awesome
and then harry and ron hugging will be an aww moment

but i will be very very very upset if they give Rons Lines to Hermione!! again!!
that gets me soooo mad!
i really want to see all the old or returning characters in the movie
like cho and oliver and katie
they HAVE to be there i feel haha

then they better do a good job with the malfoys manor scene when hermione is being tortured
very emotional scene

and im begging for the harry and ginny kiss to be there!!
it sounds so romantic and that will show how harry does get the girl

hahha they better put ron and hermione making out
i mean after like 10 years it will be about time to see that

ooh and i want to see snpaes memories!!
that ahs to be there
and him telling harry look at me
that must be very sad

im really looking forwrd to all the snape moments
ALL OF THEM!!!!!!

only one image allowed

Last edited by Yvonne_HP_RBD; July 27th, 2007 at 7:27 am.
Old July 27th, 2007, 8:40 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

"The Silver Doe" - I think that would be just beautiful.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References