Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services

Comments on: Signatures

Old December 29th, 2005, 5:24 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Comments on: Signatures

So will I...I don't know what all can be done without it.

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it on my own...I realized the only HTML I had in that part was for how the link itself showed up. Whoops...

While I'm at it...Could someone tell me how to make a collage?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf

Last edited by DarkDaysAhead; December 29th, 2005 at 7:28 am.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2005, 7:05 pm
First Year

Hello...does anyone know why my signature has gone? It was the picture below...as far as I know, it's the right size, but the post with it in on the image hosting thread seems to have gone, and I don't want to try again in case I've done something wrong...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple dalek 2.jpg (10.5 KB, 1201 views)

Old December 30th, 2005, 7:08 pm
Mouse

I put it back in for you. That happens to me sometimes too and I'll just re-upload the image.

Old December 30th, 2005, 7:11 pm
First Year

Oh, great! Thankyou very much!

Old December 31st, 2005, 5:48 pm
Second Year

Something has gone screwy with my sig. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks!!!!

Old December 31st, 2005, 6:38 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvery orb
Something has gone screwy with my sig. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks!!!!
Try using [center][*/center] instead of < >...

Old January 1st, 2006, 12:09 am
Second Year

Thanks for fixing it!

Old January 2nd, 2006, 7:06 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Could someone tell me how to make a collage? Not sure if this is the right place to ask...

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old January 2nd, 2006, 7:12 am
Zonko's Employee

DarkDaysAhead - what kind of collage?

You'll need some sort of imaging software, although I know people who'd do fine with Microsoft Paint. You need a series of pictures. And imagination. I'm not sure how much more information you need. I suggest going into Magical Masterpieces and reading up on the free graphics programs/tutorials there, as well as looking with the use of a search engine.

Thirty Helens Agree - The Kids in the Hall is comedy gold...

Glomp
Old January 2nd, 2006, 7:17 am
Hogwarts Graduate

What do you mean, "What kind of a collage?"

Thanks, I'll look around and see if I can figure it out. I just want to throw some things together.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old January 2nd, 2006, 7:42 am
McMugwump Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaysAhead
"What kind of a collage?"
Online/offline? If online, is it for your signature? Wallpaper? An icon?

Details are important. Loz was trying to help.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 7:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotsiepots
Online/offline? If online, is it for your signature? Wallpaper? An icon?

Details are important. Loz was trying to help.
I know he/she was trying to help, I just didn't know what he/she (Ah, I feel stupid typing that...I should have paid closer attention to whether or not said user's gender was listed. ) was asking. Online...for my sig.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old January 12th, 2006, 4:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I wasn't sure where I should post this as the Sig Hosting thread kind of fills up quickly causing questions to get overlooked...I apologize if this isn't the right thread.

I keep finding myself in this folder...hopefully, I won't have to come back for help of any kind for a while. I noticed, not long after logging in, that my image wasn't working anymore. It didn't take very long for me to remember a mod's post in which he or she stated that, sometimes, posts in that particular thread get deleted on accident, causing the images included in said posts to quit working. I then decided to check my tracker and post count...

The last time I was here, I believe I had an even 1,200 posts...4 were deleted...all four, I believe, were deleted from the Sig Hosting thread. I don't care about the other three but one contained my image...now my image isn't showing up and, while you may be wondering, "Why not just repost it?"...I can't...it's saved on my laptop and it's down for the time being. I'd save it on this computer but this thing'll never be able to get it saved and then back up, it's a wonder it loaded anything at all, you'll never believe how slow and choppy this thing runs.

Is there anything anyone can do to put it back up for me?

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old January 12th, 2006, 9:58 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
4 were deleted...all four, I believe, were deleted from the Sig Hosting thread. I don't care about the other three but one contained my image...now my image isn't showing up
It appears that you violated the rule in the Signature Hosting thread where you are only allowed to have one post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
I'm deleting your posts...You are allowed ONE post in this thread...ONE!

DarkDaysAhead 4
I certainly can not help you to retrieve the deleted image/post....perhaps you might like to send an owl to Emma. [I don't know if grovelling will help, but...] It would probably be best just to find another pic until your laptop is functional again...

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs
Old January 13th, 2006, 12:27 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Ah, I just now saw that...these past few days have been full of fumbles on my part.

One post per member unless you are helping out another member, but please name the member. Please edit your old post or just delete it and post a new one.

Mm, going by the help related bad luck I've had as of late I won't push it...even though my "extra" posts were just me telling someone their image was too big...

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old January 13th, 2006, 1:46 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
my "extra" posts were just me telling someone their image was too big...
Perhaps a discreet owl to such members would be a preferable option in the future. Most people are grateful to learn of their violation before acquiring a warning point--they may have a chance to fix it before the error is noted by a staff member...and most of those I have owled about sigs were horrified that they were breaking the sig rules! Since their image was accepted, they thought it fit the parameters...

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs
Old January 13th, 2006, 3:20 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Aye, that's usually what I do...I have no idea why I was dumb enough to post such a thing this time though. Thanks for your answer.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:39 am
Seventh Year

I'd like to know where the staff stands on members posting links or images to topsite lists for voting or hits in thier signatures, as most of the top site lists say it is against thier rules to post them in public forums because it detracts from the point of people visiting your site to vote for you. I didn't see anything in the rules about this and I have seen a few members doing this.

Thanks

Tiiiiiime tooo, saaay gooooooodbyeee!
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:43 am
Unloved by all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_505
I'd like to know where the staff stands on members posting links or images to topsite lists for voting or hits in thier signatures, as most of the top site lists say it is against thier rules to post them in public forums because it detracts from the point of people visiting your site to vote for you. I didn't see anything in the rules about this and I have seen a few members doing this.

Thanks
Offical Admin Response: We dont like it. And if we find siggies with links like this in we will remove them.

Know Lani... Love Lani... ^_^
Old February 6th, 2006, 3:36 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I know we're only allowed to have four emoticons in our sigs but do emoticons count as one line of text? I wasn't sure as they aren't really words...figured I'd ask first.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Entrance Hall > The Wizengamot Administration Services