Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Sims 2

Old September 7th, 2004, 12:10 pm
Fourth Year

I have 74.4 GB of free space, and yet my computer runs somewhat slow sometimes, which is kind of worrying... :/

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2004, 1:05 pm
Fourth Year

Time for the second series of the popular daytime soap "Pilum Corners", I think!

Old September 7th, 2004, 1:30 pm
Registered Animagus

I might have to delete some things off my hard drive- I've got 2.48 gig... and that's without the Sims and the expansion packs...

I wonder if Dad will buy me a laptop just for the game

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend
let's act like it comes naturally

Old September 7th, 2004, 7:20 pm
Third Year

I think Sims 2 looks aweosme, but I won't be able to get it for a while, becuase it takes months after the Pc version is released, for them to bring out the mac version. Plus I love the Sims 1, and The game and all the expansions take up so much space. My game crashes alot too, and it's soo slow, it's quite annoying. But from the pics I have seen, Sims2 looks amazing. But I don't want to part with Sims1.

Old September 14th, 2004, 9:22 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThunder
I have 74.4 GB of free space, and yet my computer runs somewhat slow sometimes, which is kind of worrying... :/
Check for Spyware and all that jazz if you haven't already. That jizz slows your computer like freaking woah.

MWUAHAHAAH. EB Games just called me and told me that they have just recieved Sims 2! WHOOP WHOOP. My daddy is going to take me when he gets home from work. I'm so freaking stoked.

Old September 20th, 2004, 4:16 am
Registered Animagus

I bought Sims 2 this morning It's installing as I type. Had a few problems to begin with- you need Direct X 9.0 and I had to install that and my computer took 40 minutes to restart, so you might want to watch out for that if you need to install it.

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old September 20th, 2004, 4:19 am
Sixth Year

Can the Sims 2 run by itself? Or does it need the original Sims to run. I have quite a few of the Sims but they arn't installed.

Old September 20th, 2004, 4:20 am
Fifth Year

it can run by itslef

Old September 20th, 2004, 4:22 am
Sixth Year

Excellent. Thanks for that AsKPeeVes.

Old September 20th, 2004, 4:24 am
Fifth Year

well i just got a new computer and i instaled it on there without the others so yeah well the game rox but one of my sims has already died i was soo mad.

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:19 am
Seventh Year

I wouldnt get the game till Dec, but enjoy reading the The Sim resource fourms on people stories, and have already made a list of Families i plan of creating

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:25 am
Second Year

I GOT IT!! and it is awesome. I am a die hard sims fan to the grave i think. all the waiting has been totally worth it. One peice of advice, if you're going to have a baby sim, have two parents. I've only done single parents so far and they are so frustrated. Those babies are just hard to care for. Not that its not rewarding because it is! Having birthday parties are the bomb!

I reccomend this game to everyone. I know its expensive, beleive me I know. I was saving for a year while waiting for it. But it really is worth it. I think the worst part tough, is the the thought bubbles have really bad blurry graphics. I mean really bad which is weird because everything else is beyond any level of graphics I've seen on one of these games before. maybe they just ran out of time. I dunno.

Your breath in this cool room chill, Long hair that blows side to side, you speak and make time stand still and each time you walk right on by

sadly high school is my life but only for the friends i can never forget, the nights i dont want to, and all the memories i hold in my heart. i am sad i am leaving.
Old September 20th, 2004, 5:26 am
Sixth Year

This game is far too addictive, and I still can't figure out why... what is so fun about making sim-me go to the bathroom and watch TV??? I'm about ready to kill my sim-wife since every time she writes in her diary she thinks about how much she hates our baby daughter Hermione... I think I'll go create Bellatrix Lestrange to move in next door, she'll like the kid much better.

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:28 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoDraco_luvme
I GOT IT!! and it is awesome. I am a die hard sims fan to the grave i think. all the waiting has been totally worth it. One peice of advice, if you're going to have a baby sim, have two parents. I've only done single parents so far and they are so frustrated. Those babies are just hard to care for. Not that its not rewarding because it is! Having birthday parties are the bomb!

I reccomend this game to everyone. I know its expensive, beleive me I know. I was saving for a year while waiting for it. But it really is worth it. I think the worst part tough, is the the thought bubbles have really bad blurry graphics. I mean really bad which is weird because everything else is beyond any level of graphics I've seen on one of these games before. maybe they just ran out of time. I dunno.
yup i have a family with a single parent and i always have to call the nanny and the grafics may just be somthing with your computer cause there great on mine.

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:39 am
Second Year

oh yeah I had to install that direct x 9.0 too but it wasn't that bad. I just recently bought my own computer and its in my room where I have all my sims and where I talk to eveyone without my parents knowing. ( they might think I'm being stalked or something) I'm vcareful though. anyhoo, yeah you have to install that but its a small price to pay...well added to the humungous price for the game of course. oh well.

yeah when sims original was on my families computer, it crashed all the time and I spent so much time defragmenting the hard drive because it would be so corrupted. my new computer with LOTS of space runs slow sometimes too and it makes me worry as well.

LONG LIVE SIMS!

really? I wonder why it does that. but the bubbles are hardly recognisable. I had to look for ages on pause to see that a wall was in the way of my sim. thats how bad they are. they look more like incoherant blobs to me. I really wonder. hmmm. may be there will be a patch.

Nannys are wonderful,

Aw! my sims haven't hated their babies yet. Its a wonder why they don't but I always pick family for my sims aspiration because thats mine. or romance but have you seen the things they want romancers to do? they like to ''woohoo'' alot. I'll let your imagination wander on that one.

I love to kill my ex boyfriends who broke my heart. It makes me feel much better. Come on you know you've done that before!!

I dunno. Its weird to watch the really older couples kissing so passionatly. weird. but I like the aspiration and job gadgets ou can get. awesome.

hmm...can't remember what I was going to say...

Your breath in this cool room chill, Long hair that blows side to side, you speak and make time stand still and each time you walk right on by

sadly high school is my life but only for the friends i can never forget, the nights i dont want to, and all the memories i hold in my heart. i am sad i am leaving.
Old September 20th, 2004, 5:42 am
Registered Animagus

It won't install!!! Can someone help me?!?!?!?! I keep getting the attached message- I've been trying to install since 11:30am- it's now 2:30pm and I'm VERY frustrated!!!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Last edited by dumbleedore; September 24th, 2006 at 6:29 am.
Old September 20th, 2004, 5:43 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
oh yeah I had to install that direct x 9.0 too but it wasn't that bad. I just recently bought my own computer and its in my room where I have all my sims and where I talk to eveyone without my parents knowing. ( they might think I'm being stalked or something) I'm vcareful though. anyhoo, yeah you have to install that but its a small price to pay...well added to the humungous price for the game of course. oh well.

yeah when sims original was on my families computer, it crashed all the time and I spent so much time defragmenting the hard drive because it would be so corrupted. my new computer with LOTS of space runs slow sometimes too and it makes me worry as well.

LONG LIVE SIMS!

really? I wonder why it does that. but the bubbles are hardly recognisable. I had to look for ages on pause to see that a wall was in the way of my sim. thats how bad they are. they look more like incoherant blobs to me. I really wonder. hmmm. may be there will be a patch.

Nannys are wonderful,

Aw! my sims haven't hated their babies yet. Its a wonder why they don't but I always pick family for my sims aspiration because thats mine. or romance but have you seen the things they want romancers to do? they like to ''woohoo'' alot. I'll let your imagination wander on that one.

I love to kill my ex boyfriends who broke my heart. It makes me feel much better. Come on you know you've done that before!!

I dunno. Its weird to watch the really older couples kissing so passionatly. weird. but I like the aspiration and job gadgets ou can get. awesome.

hmm...can't remember what I was going to say...

lol yup me roomy/lover on the game stared makeing out with the maid so i put him in a room with no doors or windows but then i felt kinda bad cause now she or I have to take care of the kid alone which is hard.

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:52 am
Second Year

my best friend and I made ourselves as roomies but the sim roomie started hitting on me and had a crush on me. My best friend is a girl. and she made out with my sim character. She left awful fast.

No I'm sorry sweetie! I don't know what to do with that. Have you installes direct x 9.0?

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:55 am
Fifth Year

yeah it made me install that when i installed the game , can i post cheats for this game on here ?

Old September 20th, 2004, 5:56 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
my best friend and I made ourselves as roomies but the sim roomie started hitting on me and had a crush on me. My best friend is a girl. and she made out with my sim character. She left awful fast.

No I'm sorry sweetie! I don't know what to do with that. Have you installes direct x 9.0?
Yeah, installed direct X 9.0- did that this morning and it took the computer until 1pm to restart after installing it . My dad will be home from work in either 6 minutes or an hour and 6 minutes (don't know what time he finishes) and he can do it for me, I hope. If not, I'm returning it and getting my money back and writing a very nasty letter to the EA people.

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games