Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Sims 2

Old August 27th, 2004, 3:29 am
Fourth Year

The Sims 2

This game looks excellent...

"But what happens is that you really start to feel something. You really empathize with them! You can see a father's expression when his kid takes her first steps, and you genuinely start to care for your "little computer people." It's incredible."

You can read a fairly new preview here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-sims-2/540847p1.html

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 3:42 am
First Year

The Sims 2! I'm Ready!

I know! I'm so excited. I already reserved it. I'll have to make sure I have money on my card near the ship date, lol. I'm saving up for the video card now!

Old August 27th, 2004, 3:42 am
Third Year

wow... that game looks really good. I lost patience for the Sims though, they made me mad. My little computer people never liked the houses I built them lol

Last edited by xelm0x; August 31st, 2004 at 2:41 am.
Old August 29th, 2004, 2:55 am
Banned

I Can't Wait Til The Sims 2 Comes Out! Im Getting It For My Birthday, I Know It! Keep Pesteringmy Parents About It!

Old August 29th, 2004, 8:20 am
Registered Animagus

I'm quite looking forward to Sims 2- the Sims bored me after a while, because I could never get very far because it was so hard to make friends whilst working etc etc.

But everything I've read about the Sims 2 paints a picture of a very different game, so I'm seeing myself spending a lot of time on my own on the computer... well, a lot more than normal

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend
let's act like it comes naturally

Old August 30th, 2004, 2:17 am
Second Year

I can't wait for the Sims 2 to come out. I get excited just thinking about it! lol. It sounds it's going to be excellent. Now I'm just praying that my old computer can handle another game on it and it doesn't crash again...

Dumbledore's girl through and through.
Old August 31st, 2004, 4:20 pm
Sixth Year

I'm looking forward to it as well. It seems really cool, especially with the aging fact, and the whole genes thing. My birthday's in the end of September, so I'm hoping my parents will get it for me.

Old August 31st, 2004, 4:37 pm
First Year

I'm waiting! But then I have too many games on my list to start going to play so TheSims2 might have to wait until next year.

At least I know I'm going to borrow it from my friend. She could play it until next year before loaning it to me then. I know she would be most glad about that. It's going to be hers anyway. ^.^

Old August 31st, 2004, 5:00 pm
Second Year

it looks good but i am disappointed that there will be no pets. hopefully there will be an expansion pack like unleashed and in that they could have aging and the genes. that would be cool.

common sense isn't as common as it's let on to be.

promenade, the word that will forever be a scourge on my life. Wisconsin Regional spelling Bee 2002 second place , the place that is not good enough to go to state

Watching a dog work a field is poetry in motion.
Old August 31st, 2004, 5:06 pm
First Year

I can't wait either! But it's a lot of money for me to spend (Oi! 50 bucks!)
and I'm a little worried that Maxis is planning a load of expansions again. I don't want to spend another 200 dollars on expansions. JUST PUT IT ALL IN ONE GAME!

Old August 31st, 2004, 8:55 pm
First Year

I'm sure Maxis, in a bid to take more of our money already has the first expansion pack planned. I won't be buying the game until christmas, so I won't play it. I just started the nursing program at the local college and have no free time .

Old August 31st, 2004, 9:23 pm
Sixth Year

Thanks for the link to the preview... This looks like a great game. I still can't quite explain why I liked the first one so much and this one looks even better! I anxiously await the chance to build my virtual Snape family! Like others have mentioned, the only thing that bugs me is how they put out so many Expansion packs, which mean you have to spend a ton of money to get everything. I only ended up buying one expansion pack for The Sims 1 and never even looked at the others...I figured if I didn't know what I was missing I wouldn't miss it.

Old September 5th, 2004, 8:27 am
Fourth Year

Less than two weeks to go now

You can view the opening cinematic to the game here:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2/media.html
Scroll down to Gameplay Footage 6.
Enjoy

Old September 5th, 2004, 8:31 pm
First Year

I must say im mojorly worried about the arrival of this game..

.nods.

it almost certainly means ill have no life - due to contatnly playing it.

<marquee>And if you have a minute why dont we go. Talk about somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything. So why dont we go. Somewhere only we know.</marquee>
Old September 6th, 2004, 2:32 am
Banned

Omigads. I can't freaking wait. September 17th where I am...and that's like...((counts))...12 days! OMG, not even two weeks. AHHH. I pre-ordered it too at EB Games. FWEEEEEEEEEE. I want it nowwwwwww.

Old September 6th, 2004, 5:57 am
Second Year

I am so so excited! There's only like 9 days until it comes out here now. I'm even more excited now; I thought I was going to have to wait until October to buy it because, unfortunately, I am broke, but my brother says he'll buy it for me. (And himself, of course.)

I HAVE THE BEST BROTHER EVER!

Do you want to know how obsessed I am with the Sims? I spent over an hour yesterday planning out the neighborhoods I am going to make, making family trees and deciding what all my Sims are going to look like and everything. Really...I cannot wait for this game!

Dumbledore's girl through and through.
Old September 6th, 2004, 6:18 am
Second Year

Aww, if only my computer wasn't five years old and even SLIGHTLY met the system requirements! And if only the Sims didn't engage in any .. err, 'personal' activity! I would be having a blast on my half-birthday, I would! But alas, if 'ifs' came true then.. well.. I can't think of anything witty to say there. So I'm just going to sit here and throw a pity party! XD

Providing you with utterly riddikulus fanart since..
well.. that one time I started drawing fanart!
Old September 6th, 2004, 6:30 am
First Year

I am a sim fan too, but...there have been so many glitches in the game! In the sims one, my computer would run deluxe, then short out. I would go to create a sim, an when I changed the outfit, it would crash! Plus 3. something Gigabits is way to much for a comp game, not including expansions. My laptop has a 13 gig mem drive, and I have already used 2.4

Hermione's Diary: A Harry and Hermione story
Adventure fanfic fan? CLICK HERE Petunia's Secret and The Trio's Heartache
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:56 pm
First Year

Yeah its a bit rubbish how you need -SO- much memory to run it. But ive never had any crash problems with any of the games or expansion packs.

<marquee>And if you have a minute why dont we go. Talk about somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything. So why dont we go. Somewhere only we know.</marquee>
Old September 6th, 2004, 7:07 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieo
Yeah its a bit rubbish how you need -SO- much memory to run it. But ive never had any crash problems with any of the games or expansion packs.
It's not THAT much harddrive space. My brother bought Final Fantasy Eleven for the "family" computer in the basement and my dad had to buy a second harddrive because it needed 6 gigs plus a new videocard.

Sims 2 is going on the computer in my room, and I've got 25.9 GBs left from a 38.2 GB drive. Whoop Whoop.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games